Page 112 of 197 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116122162 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,360 of 5892
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Yea, they said they'd use virtual advertisements for the field of play.

How do you show a virtual advertisement in a render?
    my understanding is the same as vancouver ... there will be no ads for argos regular season games. but cfl p****** games and grey cup will have ads.
    From what i see on TV, the coloured paint erases just as good as the white lines.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What will happen to the first rows?
    wheeled out all together?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    The stands will not retract.
    Im interested where you heard that as well. How else can they move they squeeze in the end zone without ruining the soccer experience?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[lamenting tangent]

But, don't you know, a guy out in Lethbridge did a survey and people between 18 and 35 in the US support CFL at a higher % then in Canada so...
    (dude also indicated 22% of Americans under 35 follow curling)

Gawd this is going to be a long winter and spring listening to all this back and forth tub thumping shit between Argo and TFC fans.

[/lamenting tangent]

Renderings are for marketing, probably for the Grey Cup announcement.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 09-30-2015 at 05:38 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Give us a new stadium and well call it even, but seriously the only acceptable solution for me is to roll turf over the grass, but my biggest fear is BMO over the years will slowly turn into the home of the Argo's where were going to see all their banners go up around the stadium.
    Turf on grass kills grass. They won't do it.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    [lamenting tangent]

But, don't you know, a guy out in Lethbridge did a survey and people between 18 and 35 in the US support CFL at a higher % then in Canada so...
    (dude also indicated 22% of Americans under 35 follow curling)

Gawd this is going to be a long winter and spring listening to all this back and forth tub thumping shit between Argo and TFC fans.

[/lamenting tangent]

Renderings are for marketing, probably for the Grey Cup announcement.
    You're right about the marketing and especially any ads that appear in the rendering but seat colour? That was a promise made that just begs ill will from fans.

I know this thread has drifted into that "lamenting tangent/what good is the sport" shit multiple times but there's no need to get it going again if you (like myself) have no use for it.

It's about what affects us and what they are doing to try to restore any trust we could have in them in regards to them respecting our game.
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 10-01-2015 at 07:59 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Im interested where you heard that as well. How else can they move they squeeze in the end zone without ruining the soccer experience?
    Was this not information that came out at the GM's lunch or whatever that thing was?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't think this has been posted before

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GabrielHurl View Post
    Don't think this has been posted before

Definitely not. Thanks Gabe.

What I've been told is that the North endzone will be covered in those tiles to make a patio for TFC games. The South has not been confirmed but...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLSE really need to do another town hall on this, like the one before the home opener last season.

The plans have chopped and changed too much since the original ones were put out.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

17 yard endzones? Geez, I remember 35 yard ones back in the 70's.

The Team bench areas are going to be a mess because there is no way the players are going to stay off the grass left and right of those zones.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looks like the first 6 rows of the southside will retract in and out.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Qman View Post
    looks like the first 6 rows of the southside will retract in and out.
    It's undetermined if they will retract or not but there will be turf into those first 7 rows.

Again, we need official news from the people responsible.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    MLSE really need to do another town hall on this, like the one before the home opener last season.

The plans have chopped and changed too much since the original ones were put out.
    Its the magic turd game, polish one up, show it to you then change it all and say they already warned you.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is the graphic with "CFL Field Northern Shift" definite? Do the south stands even have to retract for that option? I would guess they would do this to be able to go cheaper on the retractable south stands -- at least they wouldn't have to retract as far...?

However, we were told previously that the CFL end zones would be artificial turf, with team names / ads etc., hidden by the retractable south stands and the retractable north terrace during soccer games. In the graphic above, the south end zone is part of the soccer pitch and no longer hidden. So what happens with the CFL ads & the team logos etc. in the south end zone?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    It's undetermined if they will retract or not but there will be turf into those first 7 rows.

Again, we need official news from the people responsible.
    your right.
    They could get rid of those seats and lengthen the size of the pitch a few yards as well similar to mls newer stadia (120yds ... looks like grass section is 130yds in new setup)
    but that would make the supporters section smaller by 25%ish ... but you could argue it hasn't been full for a bunch of games this year and the stadium is 10000 too big overall right now
    Last edited by Qman; 10-01-2015 at 05:05 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RIP BMO Field

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLSE made it an issue when they gave assurances about the field.
    Of course, the easy spin will likely be that was TL talking and he is gone, so the deal is off the table.

The promised the lines wouldn't be visible, there would be no ads painted on the field, and the end zones would be covered by retractable stands, maintaining how close our stands are to the action. They also said that the field is going to hold up.

I agree the photo is just a rendering for marketing purposes. But this is the Grey Cup, they aren't going to have the teams out there without huge corporate ads painted on the field.

As for the expansion of the stadium, they'll just put up huge temporary stands behind the south end, and in the north end. I imagine they'll just shift the grey cup festival from the convention centre where it was held last 2 times, to the exhibition grounds. In theory for one game they could go as far back as the food building.
    When they'd hold grey cup games in Regina, Ottawa, etc, theyd throw up those huge temp stands.

Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It's fun to look back on this thread.

The Argos funding shortfall made up with grey cups. Ministry of Culture money found for the historic event even though no money is available. The natural parlay from grey cup to winter classic (announcement coming I am sure).

the script was written months if not years ago.

Sadly, I think the grass to turf is a script that is almost already written.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As long as TFC is the primary tenant and the integrity of the pitch is maintained, I couldn't care less how many events such as the Grey Cup or Winter Classic are scheduled moving forward. We'll see if MLSE can deliver on the assurances made by Leiweke.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Is the graphic with "CFL Field Northern Shift" definite?
    It was taken from the MLSE presentation to the Exhibition Place board at a community meeting back in June - http://www.explace.on.ca/database/rt...2015-06-23.pdf

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    As long as TFC is the primary tenant and the integrity of the pitch is maintained, I couldn't care less how many events such as the Grey Cup or Winter Classic are scheduled moving forward. We'll see if MLSE can deliver on the assurances made by Leiweke.
    Is that going to work out as well as the "hybrid turf"?

Last edited by Auzzy; 10-01-2015 at 07:29 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Comments made in May by Timmy boy indicated that the North Stands would be taken out and some form of rolling stands you be put in. For that all to happen they needed to know shortly (in May) This will result in a full endzone in the North end which according to Tim will be totally covered by the North Rolling stands. It is likely something similar is being done to the South Stands at least for part of it. These renders show what has been stated back in May.

“It’s an immediate issue,” Leiweke added. “For (our construction company) to do Phase 2 they need to know in the next week or two where they’re headed. If we’re doing a Phase 2, the entire area up to the scoreboard disappears next year. We’ll put in a party plaza there.”As far as Toronto FC is concerned, Phase 2 is already underway in the bowels of BMO Field, where machinery is currently digging colossal holes that will hold columns leading up to the to-be-installed stadium roof.
    For football, though, an entirely different process would need to begin come winter, when MLS takes a break.
    “For CFL (action), we’ll have to go all the way back to the scoreboard to create an end zone,” Leiweke explained.
    As a result, the seats at the north end of the stadium (near the Gardiner Expressway) would disappear. Those 800 seats would be replaced by a retractable, multi-layered terrace soccer fans will utilize on game days. The multi-deck terrace would cover the north CFL end zone during soccer games before being rolled back for football.
    “That’s the misnomer that’s out there,” Leiweke said. “You won’t see end zone markings during soccer games. All of our portables come out and cover it at both ends. Those end zones would be field turf. They’ll have logos on them. During a TFC game, you aren’t going to see that.
    “There will be no logos anywhere on this field ever. If they want logos, they’re going to have to work with the field turf in each of the end zones.”

http://www.torontosun.com/2015/05/07...o-tfcs-stadium

The Render is showing a Copy and Pasted CFL field not what the CFL will actually look like. Likely at the opening they will bring out solid boards or banners to put on the field and will be replaced digitally for broadcasts. As you can see the only "painted" looking item is the Toronto on the North End and the South End is blank.

The TFC grounds team has been experimenting with Light Sensitive Paints that can be broken down. They have based on the image posted in this thread have been having success.

It is possible that this could work.. but a Grey Cup game in 2016... that seems stupid as it is the first season of this.. but 2017 is the 150 anniversary which I'm assuming is in Ottawa, I guess they didn't want to wait 'til 2018.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool now that I'm sure that its public, as far as I know the front 5-7 rows of the south will be removable. Same with the north end as they will have a few front rows for tfc but none for the other thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Definitely not. Thanks Gabe.

What I've been told is that the North endzone will be covered in those tiles to make a patio for TFC games. The South has not been confirmed but...
    So no removable north-end stands at all?
    Which would really suck that we will not have seats on all sides and look like a shitty stadium with just open space behind goal, and no fans for the players to celebrate with after a goal.
    Basically this

Last edited by troy1982; 10-01-2015 at 10:23 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right now the North End is pretty much a stand up bar with a few lounge seats below with a rack of seating perched above. What it will be next season is a stand up bar.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Right now the North End is pretty much a stand up bar with a few lounge seats below with a rack of seating perched above. What it will be next season is a stand up bar.
    I still rather be looking at this than an empty void

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the issue of what happens if TFC are hosting the Conference final is no biggie - they'll just play the MLS game on the Friday or even the Saturday. Everyone would be thrilled, MLSE most of all, with all the extra seats installed.

Re the surface, it is beyond discussing, we are roadkill here. It's not a question of sincerity. I believe they will sincerely try to make grass work, even with Leiweke gone. It either will or it won't. We all know it almost certainly won't, but so what. They'll put in the turf, and a couple of thousand TFC fans will be upset. Woop de doo.

Be interestng to see how many Leaf games they try to ram in right away, with those extra seats already installed for the Grey Cup. "The Centennial Series". Need to run a poll on that.
    Last edited by ensco; 10-02-2015 at 07:19 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I think the issue of what happens if TFC are hosting the Conference final is no biggie - they'll just play the MLS game on the Friday or even the Saturday. Everyone would be thrilled, MLSE most of all, with all the extra seats installed.

Re the surface, it is beyond discussing, we are roadkill here. It's not a question of sincerity. I believe they will sincerely try to make grass work, even with Leiweke gone. It either will or it won't. We all know it almost certainly won't, but so what. They'll put in the turf, and a couple of thousand TFC fans will be upset. Woop de doo.

Be interestng to see how many Leaf games they try to ram in right away, with those extra seats already installed for the Grey Cup. "The Centennial Series". Need to run a poll on that.
    Most of which will keep there tickets anyway, so the net result is a bit of angst. And the ones that do leave will mostly be in the South, the easiest ones to sell to new folks

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ & ^ If that's what they're thinking, they may be miscalculating.

Has anyone ever sold 40,000 seats for an MLS conference final, other than perhaps Seattle? Looking at the anemic demand this year, I have my doubts. (MLS Cup more likely, including some interest from travelling fans.) But I do realize the suits will be getting their hopes up due to extra seats for possible 2016 p1@y0ffs.

With players like Giovinco, they were starting to generate more interest from Italian & other international soccer fans. You will see less of those types of players, and those types of ticket buyers, if you switch back to artificial turf. It will be seen as a massive step backwards. I think MLSE is already worried about how poorly the east side is selling. Amazing number of Groupons & other special promotions every week.

Everyone in my area (cheap & medium priced seats on the west side) is very aware of issues related to the Argos, possible plastic turf, etc. They all know how little our seats are already worth these days, and how hard it is to resell anything. Other than a small handful of games, attendance has been lighter than ever, despite the Giovinco magic.

It's not just the South side seats they have to worry about if they switch back to plastic.