Page 183 of 193 FirstFirst ... 83133173179180181182183184185186187 ... LastLast
Results 5,461 to 5,490 of 5785
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SenorDingDong View Post
    Side Note - I really hope Manning and BB are talking to Berna on players who may want to come from Italy. He mentioned a lot had reached out...
    Imagine how many Serie A to TFC rumors there will be this winter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    There was a lot this past year. Will probably explode this year. But recruiting would be way easier for anyone who wants to come when you have Insigne, Criscito and Berna who can all speak to it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...Side Note - I really hope Manning and BB are talking to Berna on players who may want to come from Italy. He mentioned a lot had reached out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    There was a lot this past year. Will probably explode this year. But recruiting would be way easier for anyone who wants to come when you have Insigne, Criscito and Berna who can all speak to it.
    There are a few non-MLS interesting roster selections still available to consider and engage...
    Like... maybe... Maksimovic and Ceppitelli?
    https://www.transfermarkt.us/statistik/vertragslosespieler

And even several more for next summer's window after 31DEC22...
    Subscribing to Mannings ideal candidate... no transfer fee - salary compete and on a pre-contract...
    Like... maybe... Skriniar, Jorginho, Kante, Kroos, Grillitsch, Belotti, Gagliardini, Zanoli, Smalling, Lanzini, and Destro?
    Even Messi and Modric?

https://www.transfermarkt.us/statistik/endendevertraege
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 09-15-2022 at 02:14 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In regards to the Y23 MLS/PA Free Agency List - Out of Contract/Option...

Roster starters, and/or depth, worth a consideration?...

Possible leading / preferred candidates shortlist with latest salary? In no order of...

GK...
    Crepeau - 302K
    Hamid - 700K
    Johnson - 550K

D...
    Hollingshead - 394K
    Long - 1.080M
    Lundkvist - 373K
    Mavinga - 1.038M
    Robinson - 738K
    Tinnerholm - 800K

M...
    Blessing - 417K
    Gressel - 970K
    Osorio - 1.026M
    Moralez - 1.3M
    Morris Jordan - 1.3M
    Piette - 430K

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I truly love Berna man, think he may become my favorite TFC player of all time for what he does on and off the pitch. (Currently Giovinco and Osorio are up there for #1).

A couple days ago they had some sort of Amazon workers family day that got invited to BMO Training, Berna and a few other players were there greeting them.
    I had two friends who went, said Berna was there, meeting everyone and was such a nice guy.

Glad I bought his jersey!

Side Note - I really hope Manning and BB are talking to Berna on players who may want to come from Italy. He mentioned a lot had reached out...
    According to an interview he did in Italian media, his father recommended he take the offer seriously because he'd heard good things about living in Toronto. So he brought his entire family here for a vacation before even talking to the club. The whole family loved it and was just whether we could pay his fee at that point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    According to an interview he did in Italian media, his father recommended he take the offer seriously because he'd heard good things about living in Toronto. So he brought his entire family here for a vacation before even talking to the club. The whole family loved it and was just whether we could pay his fee at that point.
    Wow. Stranger than fiction!
    Fede Marches to the Beat of a Different Drummer!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Wow. Stranger than fiction!
    Fede Marches to the Beat of a Different Drummer!
    Manning told them they didn't even know he'd visited until he was already back in Italy and talking to them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If other notable Italians are considering TFC but want to visit Toronto first, here's hoping they don't come in January or February.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NK Toronto View Post
    If other notable Italians are considering TFC but want to visit Toronto first, here's hoping they don't come in January or February.
    let's hope they come now!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Winter Holidaying in Toronto?

EPL
    November 12/13: Final round of Premier League games before World Cup.
    December 26: Premier League resumes.

More Importantly...

SerieA
    Will stop from November 14 until January 3!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is that Pablo Torre collecting the digits?

Maybe he's available on loan?

Whoops. Nope it's Gavi.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 09-15-2022 at 06:38 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If only there were financial restrictions. TFC could easily build the second team for the Italian national squad.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It turns out Osorio has a neurological condition sort of like a concussion coming from a blow that also misaligned his jaw.

https://www.tsn.ca/toronto-fc-s-osor...tion-1.1849321

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    It turns out Osorio has a neurological condition sort of like a concussion coming from a blow that also misaligned his jaw.

https://www.tsn.ca/toronto-fc-s-osor...tion-1.1849321

I met a professional rugby player when I was younger who had this. It was something to do with a blow to that side of the head causing both a concussion and an inner ear issue that caused nausea and dizziness.

He was told it passes with time and the jaw being realigned, usually using a corrective sleep mask.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh man prayers for Jonathan. This feels like something that may or may not be behind him come November.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The mention of anxiety in the midst of all that - mental health becoming a normalised discussion. Good.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    The mention of anxiety in the midst of all that - mental health becoming a normalised discussion. Good.
    He is such a stand up guy.

I really want him back next year, I know we will pay too much (and it may even cost us that last DP slot)… and I don’t care.

There just aren’t stories like his in sports anywhere any more. Cradle to grave with the same club. Just an excellent person, too.
    Last edited by ensco; 09-16-2022 at 08:28 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad they have found the issue somewhat quickly for Oso. Something similar happened to Tim Connolly when he played for the Sabres. He missed a whole year with a misdiagnosed concussion when the issue was actually a neck injury that was causing concussion like symptoms.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

I really want him back next year, I know we will pay too much (and it may even cost us that last DP slot)… and I don’t care.

There just aren’t stories like his in sports anywhere any more. Cradle to grave with the same club. Just an excellent person, too.
    I feel the same. From the cradle is right, he's one of us, started as a kid in the stands supporting TFC. An excellent player and person. It would be great to have him stay with us.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Glad they have found the issue somewhat quickly for Oso. Something similar happened to Tim Connolly when he played for the Sabres. He missed a whole year with a misdiagnosed concussion when the issue was actually a neck injury that was causing concussion like symptoms.
    One of the things TFC going for it is an excellent medical team (the same one that handles the Leafs and the Raptors).
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 09-16-2022 at 08:23 AM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLS needs to add a cap exception for homegrown stars.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    MLS needs to add a cap exception for homegrown stars.
    They should add that, but Osorio isn't homegrown from the Academy. They discovered him when he played in the CSL against TFC Academy. He then signed for the first team the next season. He might have trained in the academy for a couple months, but not anywhere near lonhg enough to qualify as being a homegrown.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In regards to not getting a fee for Osorio by not selling him earlier, maybe it is actually a good thing. The problem with selling players is the stupid Allocation Order if they want to return later. Prevented us from adding Giovinco and Victor Vazquez and almost prevented us from getting Richie back. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think if players leave on a free (or sub-500k fee), they can be signed later without going through the Order.

Say we could've gotten a $1 million fee for Osorio in January or July (I know he's worth more, but soon to be expiring contracts bring down the value), but then in a year or two he wants to return. Getting Laryea back cost us $300,000 GAM total plus additional conditional future GAM based on certain incentives. That was at the transfer deadline close too, so the value of the Allocation Order dropped. (For comparison, Red Bulls had to trade $675,000 GAM for the top Allocation Order spot in February to bring back Caden Clark).

Maybe TFC thinks that having the freedom to re-add these players without the headache of trying negotiate the Allocation Order and trading GAM and other assets, and without giving up their spot in the Allocation Order (we're currently 4th for next season based on current standings) is more beneficial than the small extra amount of money they'd get by transferring, (If it was a huge transfer fee that's a completely different story) especially for a local player like Osorio who would be a prime return to club candidate.
    Last edited by rydermike; 09-16-2022 at 09:25 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    I feel the same. From the cradle is right, he's one of us, started as a kid in the stands supporting TFC. An excellent player and person. It would be great to have him stay with us...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there's absolutely no way we should use the 3rd DP spot on oso btw

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unless the MLS rules change in some way.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    They should add that, but Osorio isn't homegrown from the Academy. They discovered him when he played in the CSL against TFC Academy. He then signed for the first team the next season. He might have trained in the academy for a couple months, but not anywhere near lonhg enough to qualify as being a homegrown.
    But he counted as one by the MLS due to the short time in our Academy and because the Homegrown rule was in it's infancy. Either way, he counted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Love the guy, fully support him wanting to get paid, but I struggle to disagree with this. If the standard of our DPs, and the kind of player we could plug in there is someone like the Berna or Inigne then we'd be really hurting ourselves giving up a DP slot to Oso. If he can get an offer above TAM in Europe it may be one where it's just better for player and team to support it happening. You just can't make an argument for trading a Berna level player with an Oso one for anything other than sentiment and that's a pretty big output delta to sacrifice for sentiment

Don't get me wrong, we've made worse DP decisions for sentimental reasons (Hello the clusterfuck that was Jozy Altidores extensions) and I like the guy too much to even be upset if we did it, but rationally, that's a hard call to justify to people who live and die by results and results alone
    Last edited by JoesphNdo; 09-16-2022 at 11:45 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    Love the guy, fully support him wanting to get paid, but I struggle to disagree with this. If the standard of our DPs, and the kind of player we could plug in there is someone like the Berna or Inigne then we'd be really hurting ourselves giving up a DP slot to Oso. If he can get an offer above TAM in Europe it may be one where it's just better for player and team to support it happening. You just can't make an argument for trading a Berna level player with an Oso one for anything other than sentiment and that's a pretty big output delta to sacrifice for sentiment

Don't get me wrong, we've made worse DP decisions for sentimental reasons (Hello the clusterfuck that was Jozy Altidores extensions) and I like the guy too much to even be upset if we did it, but rationally, that's a hard call to justify to people who live and die by results and results alone
    Max TAM is 1.6 mill, would be a 600k rise.

Struggle to see anyone offering him more than that.

Will be about whether he wants to experience European football, which would be completely understandable.

But offering a 30 year old Oso a DP contract given his age and mounting injury issues would be an absolutely terrible decision.

Not that I think they will.
    Last edited by leedsandTFC; 09-16-2022 at 12:24 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Max TAM is 1.6 mill, would be a 600k rise.

Struggle to see anyone offering him more than that.

Will be about whether he wants to experience European football, which would be completely understandable.

But offering a 30 year old Oso a DP contract given his age and mounting injury issues would be an absolutely terrible decision.

Not that I think they will.
    Never count out the whitecaps from doing something stupid.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Never count out the whitecaps from doing something stupid.
    They're cheap though and getting cheaper.