Page 193 of 288 FirstFirst ... 93143183189190191192193194195196197203243 ... LastLast
Results 5,761 to 5,790 of 8618
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    I thought about including Henry in what I consider the core of this team going forward, but for me he's not there yet. All the other guys have proven they can deliver game in and game out. Henry is still a little too raw for me. Ask me again in two years and I can probably give a definitive answer.

Caldwell still has a minimum of two good years left on him, maybe more if we're lucky. I still consider him a key player for us because reaching the playoffs with him is well within his time frame, which is all I really care about for now. He'll still be a rock next year.

As for Maximiliano Moralez, small size only matters when you don't have the skill. This ain't Joao Plata we're talking about. He'd be the best on-the-ball player in our team's history by a mile. Quick, creative, inventive, pretty much what you look for in a CAM.
    Watching Plata, I always felt he should have been faster than he was. I liked him as a late sub, but Maxi's several cuts above. He'd be a terrific addition, especially with a quality striker.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by torontofc View Post
    An exclusive PM scouting report!

Thanks for posting these. I wasn't familiar with him but you see a lot of Amado-like creativity but also great finishing and Plata-like one-on-ones. He would tear MLS defenses apart.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    DP signing? Wow, I guess signing big name was too much a task. I guess we will have to wait next year after World Cup to get our big name DP that Tim Leiweke wants.
    he, ( or someone of his ilk,) is exactly the type of player we need...young and creative , who needs an over the hill big name .......cause no one else will come here. It's not LA or NY. just think an exciting team wow......and couldn't hurt with South American fans. How much do prices go up with mr. big name drawing in tourists, getting drunk and not caring about the game, also.
    Last edited by jazzy; 08-02-2013 at 04:05 PM.
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tezza View Post
    too small for a physical league like this. garbage
    Then you hated Plata?....Moralez is far superior, and Earnshaws such a giant......I doubt anyone who plays in serie A, is garbage..lol
    Last edited by jazzy; 08-02-2013 at 03:51 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know much about this kid, but i can assure you Atalanta have some of the best youth systems in all of Italy. They know talent and if they thought something of him, their is def talent there....maybe just not enough for serie a?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Haddy View Post
    And he's played at BMO before at the U20. Interesting. We'll see.
    I remember him and complete Argentinian team they were dominant! silver MVP.....ugh Laba and him teaming up , oh mercy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hearing people say that his strengths are skill on the ball and vision makes me happy. I hope for two things:

1-He is all that he seems and more
    2-We actually sign him or somebody with the same skill set

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Before we all get to excited why would a player of his ilk want to come to MLS let alone TFC?

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vince93 View Post
    Before we all get to excited why would a player of his ilk want to come to MLS let alone TFC?
    $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

$$$$$$$$$$$$$ is found all over the world

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They will pay him more. More than he would get elsewhere. Or they will try to.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

$$$$$$$$$$$$$ is found all over the world
    Not exactly in Italy or Spain or Portugal or really any league where a diminutive Argentine would thrive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a diminutive Argentine that did thrive in italy was Maradona?

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a diminutive Argentine that did thrive in italy was Maradona?
    What? There's only a few countries where Moralez makes sense (Spain, Portugal, Italy). All of them have extremely poor economies, that MLSE could easily outspend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How exciting is it that we are being linked to players like Moralez? A 26 year old AM with skill to burn. We may have sucked for 7 straight years but things are looking up for MLS as a whole.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Am I the only one disappointed to hear about the attempt to sign Brockie. I find it reminiscent of past choices. Nelsen can't see past the obvious bias and he's quickly becoming Barrett 2.0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    Caldwell is an old man. He probably be on decline by end of next year. I think there will more better signings in the future. Young and talented kids with upside to build a core with our current young players.
    He's 32.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by djking2 View Post
    Am I the only one disappointed to hear about the attempt to sign Brockie. I find it reminiscent of past choices. Nelsen can't see past the obvious bias and he's quickly becoming Barrett 2.0
    Couldn't disagree more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brockie is pretty much the only reason Wellington scored any goals last season, he has the ability I just don't think he is completely comfortable here yet, especially with a work in progress team. I think he would work next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TOBOR ! View Post
    ?
    LOL. His words stung so much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Couldn't disagree more.
    I'm trying to keep an open mind. Let me ask why

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

over confidence is a sin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't believe they are considering him long term. He has no touch, has not scored one header and can't finish to save his soul. What's not to hate. The only thing I learned is the Australian league must be pretty crappy if he is one of the top scorers?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    Kristian Jack@KristianJack1m
    Multiple sources tell me Toronto FC are working very hard to land Argentine Maximiliano Moralez from Atalanta to be their next DP. #tfc

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maximiliano_Moralez
    Payne came out strong on Urutti today is that a smoke screen and his real target is Moralez?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All I know is this team better not be scrambling in getting players by the start of next season, we better have out core group going into next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SKB View Post
    Payne came out strong on Urutti today is that a smoke screen and his real target is Moralez?
    We can get both of them. One is an attacking midfielder and the other a striker.
    Just read that Urruti wouldn't be on a DP contract.
    Last edited by shwade; 08-02-2013 at 06:01 PM.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SKB View Post
    The only thing I learned is the Australian league must be pretty crappy if he is one of the top scorers?
    I've thought this as well... Might explain del Piero.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shwade View Post
    We can get both of them. One is an attacking midfielder and the other a striker. Maybe we buy out Koev's contract since he's injured and get his DP spot. Or maybe we use up all that allocation $$ to trade for an extra spot?
    According to Molinaro, Payne is saying that Urruit would NOT be a DP

Toronto currently has two DPs on its roster in Dutch forward Danny Koevermans and Argentine midfielder Matias Laba. Payne confirmed that Urruti, if signed, would not count as a DP, and that TFC currently has two international roster spots available.
    http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/payne...-of-dp-urruti/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm with ya. All he does is run around a lot, everything else isn't great at all, and as u said a Barrett 2.0. Would like to think we can find better players, but then again it's TFC

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Benficachop20 View Post
    I'm with ya. All he does is run around a lot, everything else isn't great at all, and as u said a Barrett 2.0. Would like to think we can find better players, but then again it's TFC
    any player who made Nesta look like a chump has skills IMO. it is frustrating to see Brockie miss some quality chances, but he's right now the only striker who can consistently offer link up play with midfield. (you did see his assist for Osorio's goal last week...) he also has predatory instinct, being at the right place at the right time, something you can't really teach a striker. plus he can cross

he reminds me of another late bloomer... named Wondolowski. with consistent playing time, plus better team chemistry (and let's face it, TFC is not a team that creates a lot of chances), I think Brockie has potential to be a good striker in MLS
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano