Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I don't have a problem with giving up Santos, but he was a decent asset so I hope Avila can deliver something in return.

Steven Sandor is saying Atlas is interested in him so his TFC stay may not be that long.
    I read that Atlas was interested in acquiring him on loan from Dallas recently. Ultimately, it will be TFC's decision, but I envision him playing in Toronto.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Through all of this it's very clear to me we'd be in the deep weeds if it wasn't for Paul Mariner. That is not a slam against Aron Winter. The dude just has a body of knowledge about the players in the league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looks like a decent trade, but FFS, we need to get that gaping black hole in central defence sorted as pri 1 , Iro and Harden are donkeys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I always said Santos was on his way out, just had hoped it would be for a central defender. Oh well.

Lets just play the 3-1-3-3 for the rest of the season.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    Through all of this it's very clear to me we'd be in the deep weeds if it wasn't for Paul Mariner. That is not a slam against Aron Winter. The dude just has a body of knowledge about the players in the league.
    Fucking eh.
    Dude is definitely an integral part of this FO/Team, hope they are paying him ridiculous amounts to keep him happy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that's a good point... in all the talk elsewhere of the inexperience of Winter, people forget Paul Mariner knows this league like the back of his hand, both as a coach and as a scout. That's probably why he was paired with the inexperienced coach.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Give it some time to acclimitize and the CBs will be better, not best, but better.
    Also dont play Harden.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    I read that Atlas was interested in acquiring him on loan from Dallas recently. Ultimately, it will be TFC's decision, but I envision him playing in Toronto.
    From the article..

Avila nearly joined Atlas of the Mexican Primera División last month before a last-minute paperwork snafu scuttled the loan deal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Though some might say we ARE in the deep weeds right now, but could be in the ditch upside down otherwise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup. Winter's acquisitions are Koevermans, Martina, Soolsma, and Bouchiba. Frings can be attributed to Klinsmann. Everyone else is clearly Paul Mariner's handywork.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    that's a good point... in all the talk elsewhere of the inexperience of Winter, people forget Paul Mariner knows this league like the back of his hand, both as a coach and as a scout. That's probably why he was paired with the inexperienced coach.
    exactly. Best of both worlds.
    I truly believe any trades involving MLS players since Mariners signing has been all Mariner under the guidance of Winter (ie Winter says i need a striker, Mariner finds him a striker in the mold he wants)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i liked that fact that santos scored goals. however, his first touch on the ball was terrible. if avilla can run with the ball through the midfield well without getting picked off and can deliver a good through ball (something we have been missing) then this deal is golden.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootieChick View Post
    No one has to agree with me... I know it and I see it. I've done enough research and watched enough footie in my lifetime to know when something DOES NOT WORK. Santos didn't have a position! How do you play when you're running wild on a field with no position!?!?!

No I will not take it easy or calm down... this team is not what it should be. It's a bunch of people put together to play a game... not a team. More rebuilding... get rid of the players that don't do fuck all like JDG. He is still stickin' his thumb up his ass on that one.
    That you watched this game so long and you understand what it takes to win in MLS,I can believe that, but you lost me at Santos running wild,seriously Santos running?

Since Winter start cleaning house from deadwood leftovers by previous coach,this team is actually starting to play a soccer,instead of kicking and chasing the ball down the field.

This was definitely good move same as sending Nana to SJ,who very soon will be shipped out from there too.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    I cannot believe Dallas made this trade.This may be the trade of the year for this club, if Avila performs the way he has shown in the past (wasn't he one of the stand outs for Dallas during their playoff run?), and build his career in Toronto for a while, he, and not koevermans and Frings, will be the mainstay of this team for a few years. At his age and with his talent, he is clearly a player that the team needs to build around, and am hoping he is able to demonstrate that this was a steal of a deal for Toronto.

You might be thinking of someone else. There are lots of Latinos on Dallas so it's tough to figure out who, but Avila was not central in any way to Dallas's run last year.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he did score the goal against RSL in teh playoffs that brought them to the finals if im not mistaken

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We can now play a natural point up

------------ Frei-----------------
    Eckersley--Iro--Robertson--Morgan
    ------Frings----Dunfield--------
    -----------Avila----------------
    -Plata---------------Johnson---
    ---------Koevermans------------

and natural point down

--------------JDG-----------------
    --------Frings----Dunfield--------
    --Plata-----------------Johnson--
    ----------Koevermans------------

and the infamous switch, to really screw up and get into those 4-4-2 holes:

-------------------JDG-----------
    --------Frings-------------------
    --Plata-----------------Johnson--
    --------------Morasevich---------
    -------Koevermans---------------

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nickio View Post
    We can now play a natural point up and natural point down
    good point, i didnt notice that.

this may be far reaching, but it could signal a fire under JDGs ass to get out. notice how i said "get out" and not "step up". that man is incapable of such a thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A little higher on this trade after reading some comments from Dallas fans. Described as a decent creative mid that's quick and can also play wide but lacked consistency. We shall see...

Yes, its true.. I don't like you one lil bit and now you know for sure ;) DWI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's official. I fucking HATE WINTER!

He keeps trading off our valuable players that DO SOMETHING... first Attakora, now Santos!?! What's next, FUCKIN PLATA OR MARTINA?

Instead of creating a 'functional system' for the players we HAVE that are MORE THAN ABLE TO PERFORM. He creates some God awful system that DOES NOT WORK in the fucking MLS! We are NOT IN EUROPE! This is a NORTH AMERICAN team and we have different talent and a different game. It's a hard game. Not pretty passes and a smooth plays. It's rough and ridged with passes you have to run for and people you need to run over. You need size and power - which both Santos and Attakora acquired.

More dissapointment FFS... what else is new?!?

Seriously, deal with it.

Often injured, lazy on some plays and bad decisions on others.

Yeah, he scored some sweet goals for the club but it was time to move on from a player that was gonna become a bench backup fixture

Stop letting your 'friendships' with traded players cloud your judgement.. hell, maybe they should be blaming you.. seems all those players you shoot the shit with on bbm or whatever get shipped out!!

Come to think of it......Can u do us a favor and please add JDG?? Cause he needs to go ASAP!

Thanks in advance Steph

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Cityboy View Post
    looks like a decent trade, but FFS, we need to get that gaping black hole in central defence sorted as pri 1 , Iro and Harden are donkeys
    I've mentioned this in another thread, but I think with the additions of Viator, Iro and Robinson recently they are probably done dealing with the CB position.

As for this trade, as much as I like Santos and his goal poaching ability he had become surplus. At least with this trade TFC is taking a chance on a young player with upside.

One thing I've noticed is that in the last couple of weeks TFC has added a lot of players that I would call MLS level 'projects'. This might end up working well for the team if these additions can reach their potential.

Yes, its true.. I don't like you one lil bit and now you know for sure ;) DWI
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Give Iro some time... Harden is a lost cause.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if the trading of Santos will be her last straw...

Time for a Canadian.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dantdot View Post
    A little higher on this trade after reading some comments from Dallas fans. Described as a decent creative mid that's quick and can also play wide but lacked consistency. We shall see...
    some guys also think a locker room cancer and who seemed to have switched off after his loan to Atlas fell through...
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The results of all the recent transactions for all the clubs involved will invariably depend not only talent, but each individual's ability to integrate into their new surroundings. I wouldn't worry too much about comments regarding a player's character. Perhaps Avila was upset over his lack of playing time. There have been many instances around the league wherein talented players flourished in a new environment simply because of a change of scenery.
    Last edited by ManUtd4ever; 08-02-2011 at 06:56 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's official. I fucking HATE WINTER!

He keeps trading off our valuable players that DO SOMETHING... first Attakora, now Santos!?! What's next, FUCKIN PLATA OR MARTINA?

Instead of creating a 'functional system' for the players we HAVE that are MORE THAN ABLE TO PERFORM. He creates some God awful system that DOES NOT WORK in the fucking MLS! We are NOT IN EUROPE! This is a NORTH AMERICAN team and we have different talent and a different game. It's a hard game. Not pretty passes and a smooth plays. It's rough and ridged with passes you have to run for and people you need to run over. You need size and power - which both Santos and Attakora acquired.

More dissapointment FFS... what else is new?!?
    yeah I hate Winter too, that bastard is trying to make TFC a much better team by trading away all that deadwood!! Freakin Ass...who does he think he is!!! LOL!!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sadly, these moves good that they appear to be, comes too late to rescue this miserable mls season. Even if the club wins most of their remaining games they would likely fail to make the playoffs.
    Last edited by 69Chevy396; 08-02-2011 at 07:20 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sadly, these moves good that they appear to be, comes too late to rescue this miserable mls season. Even if the club wins most of their remaining games they would likely fail to make the playoffs.
    ya absolutely, but it's getting fun, (albeit slowly), again ....and I think there's a certain amount of pride kicking in on the field......
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

who cares.

this season has been over for weeks, the quicker everyone comes to grips with that the quicker you can see the upside.

this squad is finally looking like a team, and beginning to resemble the type of squad who CAN play the system Winter has put in place. work isn't over, but this project is making some serious strides.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mmmikey View Post
    who cares.

this season has been over for weeks, the quicker everyone comes to grips with that the quicker you can see the upside.

this squad is finally looking like a team, and beginning to resemble the type of squad who CAN play the system Winter has put in place. work isn't over, but this project is making some serious strides.
    Mikey, you nailed it man.

Spot on. Anyone who watched the San jose Highlights vs DC United so reiterates that we've made grade trades.

Nana FELL DOWN after playing DeRO onside...i was never on the Nana bandwagon, i mean i wish him no harm, but he's not a winner.

Loving the trades, Mariner/Winter trade duo are a flippin brain trust.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sashavukelich View Post
    Mikey, you nailed it man.

Spot on. Anyone who watched the San jose Highlights vs DC United so reiterates that we've made grade trades.

Nana FELL DOWN after playing DeRO onside...i was never on the Nana bandwagon, i mean i wish him no harm, but he's not a winner.

Loving the trades, Mariner/Winter trade duo are a flippin brain trust.
    The SJ/DC game in six had at LEAST 5 Nana errors, seriously.

Peterson made a nice cross to Gordon who got an ok attempt on net, they may actually fit in with that club, who knows, who cares.