Page 100 of 191 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110150 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 3,000 of 5705
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can they release him prior to the season, paying him his entire 2022 without him agreeing to it? I assume they only reason he has not been released is that they want to a mutual agree to a lower buyout?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Love you guys, but there is zero chance or reason to bring Jozy back next year. I know, I know... He is a legend, but let him go. His body is not going to suddenly stay healthier into his age 32 season.

Anyways, looks like Soteldo is being settled. The broke boys will get their man.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I hope Poz doesn’t leave but it wouldn’t be a total shock. Pretty safe to say life is going to suck for opposing defenders with Poz/Insigne together regardless of who is forward.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Can they release him prior to the season, paying him his entire 2022 without him agreeing to it? I assume they only reason he has not been released is that they want to a mutual agree to a lower buyout?
    Depends. They can buy anyone out as long as they pay the entire salary owed. If he’s only got one year than yes they can. If he’s got 3 years guaranteed , they’d need to pay all three. Only way this isn’t true is if they can reach an agreement to mutually part ways.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    If that's accurate, we get $2.5M for a 50% stake in the player, so if he's sold in future we get 50% of the fee.

He goes on loan to Sao Paolo and we pick up 60-70% of his salary and pay off some future bonus he thinks he's owed.

Not sure if this can be accurate; don't MLS regs say that if you're paying a portion of salary they're still considered a DP on the books?
    The translation said a "sponsor" was covering part of the salary. I remember a few days ago there was a rumor that Sao Paulo was looking for some investor to help fund the Soteldo acquisition. I wasn't sure if that might be the sponsor. Also if we're covering any bonus, it would be more efficient from a salary cap perspective for Sao Paulo to just pay it and we accept a lower transfer fee.

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    k thx...so if we get 2.5 for him can we use that has gam?
    Don't get any GAM/TAM for selling DPs sadly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If that's accurate, we get $2.5M for a 50% stake in the player, so if he's sold in future we get 50% of the fee.

He goes on loan to Sao Paolo and we pick up 60-70% of his salary and pay off some future bonus he thinks he's owed.

Not sure if this can be accurate; don't MLS regs say that if you're paying a portion of salary they're still considered a DP on the books?
    Pretty sure we paid $6.5 mill for 75%. So we only retain 25%.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    The translation said a "sponsor" was covering part of the salary. I remember a few days ago there was a rumor that Sao Paulo was looking for some investor to help fund the Soteldo acquisition. I wasn't sure if that might be the sponsor. Also if we're covering any bonus, it would be more efficient from a salary cap perspective for Sao Paulo to just pay it and we accept a lower transfer fee.

Don't get any GAM/TAM for selling DPs sadly
    I asked my work colleagues in São Paulo what the meaning was for similar post awhile back and it sounded like it meant they’d have to go to the owners for more money. Basically beyond operating budget. Not sure if it’s the same here but I’ve always assumed it was

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who knows any more?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm willing to bet anyone a beer at a TFC game (or a glass of red in Ensco's case) that there's no way Jozy is a DP with TFC next season. He is as good as gone.
    Completely agree. He’ll be as close to TFC this year as Antonio Brown is to the Bucs come playoff time

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we’re paying Soteldo out salary then does that mean we have to retain it on the cap?? So confusing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice interview here from Richie’s agent with a few good nuggets.

-Turkish offer back in the summer was real. Alluded to that causing some strain when the club rejected it.
    - Curtis put an offer on the table back in the summer, which was assessed to be inadequate
    - Manning came in and essentially saved the day. Offered him a good deal to stay (the amount quoted in the press was accurate) but said he’d work towards a sale too if that’s what Richie wanted

Add it to the list of things Ali Curtis bungled that Manning had to clean up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We are apparently competing with Wolves and Palmeiras for Salcedo.

https://www.soyfutbol.com/ligas/Tigr...0109-0036.html

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hard to see this not being a DP deal. Which means it probably isn’t happening.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    If we’re paying Soteldo out salary then does that mean we have to retain it on the cap?? So confusing
    Yef had a salary of 1,965,000 in 2021 with $612,500 against the cap. So if the team taking him on loan is covering $612,500 or more do the Reds get all the cap space back? The the DP spot come into play, does the said team have to cover the entire salary for them to get it back? Can GAM be used to get it down, in that case it would take a lot.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.mediotiempo.com/futbol/f...o-pretenciones
    Tigres apparently want $4M and Palmeiras are considering offering $2.5M. Like ensco said if these numbers and interest is real, I can't see it happening.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post

Nice interview here from Richie’s agent with a few good nuggets.

-Turkish offer back in the summer was real. Alluded to that causing some strain when the club rejected it.
    - Curtis put an offer on the table back in the summer, which was assessed to be inadequate
    - Manning came in and essentially saved the day. Offered him a good deal to stay (the amount quoted in the press was accurate) but said he’d work towards a sale too if that’s what Richie wanted

Add it to the list of things Ali Curtis bungled that Manning had to clean up.
    If the Reds offered him $925,000 US per season and it appears they did , that is impressive. Have to think it is getting at least that in the UK. In the past the league has rejected transfers against the team and players wishes, does that still happen, can even happen?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really want Salcedo, but not if those numbers are legit. Let the Palm Trees have him and not pay him a couple months in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Completely agree. He’ll be as close to TFC this year as Antonio Brown is to the Bucs come playoff time
    We’ll see. Certainly likely. But Jozy staying isn’t impossible either. Insigne plus Poz (new deal to be signed) plus part of Soteldo plus all of Jozy plus new DP is a ton of 💰

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    We’ll see. Certainly likely. But Jozy staying isn’t impossible either. Insigne plus Poz (new deal to be signed) plus part of Soteldo plus all of Jozy plus new DP is a ton of 💰
    My bet is we can use the TAM / GAM dollars to get out of Solteldo if need be (without using our “buyout” or DP spot).

It’s probably a low enough amount where it fits. Not as if he’s plummeted in terms of market value, we’re just slightly overpaying.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    We’ll see. Certainly likely. But Jozy staying isn’t impossible either. Insigne plus Poz (new deal to be signed) plus part of Soteldo plus all of Jozy plus new DP is a ton of 
    jozy staying is impossible, per michael singh it was setlled weeks ago, just not announced yet.

plus, if they are spending all this money on insigne + others, hardy makes sense to cheap out on a buyout and keep jozy, basically putting a cap on how good the team can be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    jozy staying is impossible, per michael singh it was setlled weeks ago, just not announced yet.
    Even Fabrizio tweeted it right after the season. We know Manning is trying to connect to the Italian community, maybe he googled "Italian soccer journalists", saw Fabrizio and has started to leak transfers to him. Jozy, Insigne, Richie have all been reported on by Fabrizio.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even Fabrizio tweeted it right after the season. We know Manning is trying to connect to the Italian community, maybe he googled "Italian soccer journalists", saw Fabrizio and has started to leak transfers to him. Jozy, Insigne, Richie have all been reported on by Fabrizio.
    fabrizio did a live stream earlier this year and had a TFC jersey front and centre behind him, so more than likely.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can’t see Wolves wanting him. They are solid at that position and have one of the best defenses in the EPL already. Also are linked to bringing Doherty back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Several things I’ve found interesting today

Laryea agent said Curtis fumbled but Manning came in to fix the mess. This can be taken several ways but to me it shows Manning was asleep at the wheel when Curtis was in charge but realized a problem and acted. He’s capable at least to spot talent and knows to keep them happy which is leadership.

Agent says Manning offered a good deal but said if it didn’t work out he’d move the player. That’s good leadership too.

I was down on Manning but these two points and the Insigne deal to me shows Manning is capable. That should mean our next transfers or exiting players should be handled in a proper manner. To me, that’s the first step of being a big club - treating players respectfully and keeping the club image positive.

Also NFFC beat Arsenal today. Maybe Laryea can squeeze into a 4th round FA match?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Webdogg View Post
    Also NFFC beat Arsenal today. Maybe Laryea can squeeze into a 4th round FA match?
    The 4th Round of the FA Cup is set for February 4-7th

Canada's final game of the next qualifying window is February 2nd in El Salvador. It'll likely depend on when in that window Forrest play. If they play on the 4th, Richie probably won't play, if it's the 6th or 7th, it's more likely, but also depends on how much of the 3 games in 7days of the window he plays for Canada (Jan 27@Honduras, Jan 30 vs USA, Feb 2 @El Salvador)
    Last edited by rydermike; 01-10-2022 at 10:35 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    The 4th Round of the FA Cup is set for February 4-7th

Canada's final game of the next qualifying window is February 2nd in El Salvador. It's likely depend on when in that window Forrest play. If they play on the 4th, Richie probably won't play, if it's the 6th or 7th, it's more likely, but also depends on how much of the 3 games in 7days of the next window he plays for Canada (Jan 27@Honduras, Jan 30 vs USA, Feb 2 @El Salvador)
    Will be a great experience for him if he gets to play. I was at a game a few years ago and fans go absolutely crazy for the FA Cup. Sure it’s a bigger deal if your a 5th tier team walking into Anfield or something similar but the fact every team gets a shot is a big deal in the UK. For the players, many probably dream the same way. Maybe Richie will get to walk into a stadium he’s dreamed about play in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kind of get the feeling Manning called Richie's bluff on offering him that salary. He knew he wanted to leave bad, and money wasn't really the deciding factor. 925k a year or whatever Richie got offered seems rather high, but Manning knew he wouldn't take it regardless. In the end he looks like a good guy instead of looking like he cheaped out on keeping some homegrown talent.

Am I way off base with how players are compensated around the world? Does Richie earn 20k a week in other leagues?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he overpaid osorio at 850 so wouldnt be a surprise if he indeed offered laryea that much...cant say canadians are treated badly in toronto in salary terms

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we don't get Borjan, friend suggested Manning and TFC should consider this Futsal superstar goalie from Brazil; soon to be out of contract...

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CYg4Ux6..._web_copy_link

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    In the past the league has rejected transfers against the team and players wishes, does that still happen, can even happen?
    That hasn't changed, but you'd have to think Manning would check with head office before going out on a limb.