Page 52 of 191 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,560 of 5705
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Grain of salt needed on this... But goodbye parity.

Wholly shit

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

five years is too much...hes already rapidly declining...give him three years max and then negotiate to stay longer if its worth it

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyways, Molinaro has piped in & I trust his sourcing more then Singh's & this tweet changes the odds, IMHO.

This scenario being current seems more likely then he's signed. Advanced stages means he's seriously looking at it but no final decision has been made.

"Come to terms", Singh's wording, could also be a misinterpretation of what amounts to "coming down to talking the final terms"

Either way, I doubt its done yet.

NOW - the fact that a TFC source has leaked finally is more telling - up until now, all word has been out of Italy. That indicates to me somebody in TFC land, but not necessarily Manning, thinks TFC has it all but finished. We've heard this before of course - see Rollerblades. BUT, there is a fire started, not just Italian agent smoke. They are talking. Will it get finalised? Don't know. But its more fun then working out who the heck is going to fit Armas' system.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Neil Davidson also has the story: https://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/mls...c-28-1.6299266

A source, not authorized to speak on the negotiations, confirmed that discussions between the MLS team and the Napoli captain's camp are serious and have been going on for a while but have yet to be finalized. It appears the talks may be reaching a tipping point, however.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's as done as it can be eithout signing (can't legally be done til jan).

Remember tfc source briefed not contact eith Bob bradleu a few days before he was announced as coach. They are very cautious with wording.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Yeah the arc of the reporting of Soteldo's salary is worth remembering.

I agree that it's probably more like $7M. But still, say it's a $30M commitment for this player? at this age? with this level of name recognition?.. I mean, holy crap. Did Leiweke come back and nobody noticed?
    Yeah, I mean I love the signing but that sort of money (if true) begs the question… what else could you get for that price? Hulk played in China during his prime for that sort of money and gave up his Brazilian national team career.

Maybe this is still the best move. I would say from a quality perspective, today it’s 10++. In 3-4 years? That’s when I wonder if it works as well. From a brand perspective it’s 8 or 9/10. He’s a star on a great team but he’s not a otherworldly personality or a top 10-20 recognizable player world wide.

Still quite happy but this is a HUGE financial investment.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Yeah, I mean I love the signing but that sort of money (if true) begs the question… what else could you get for that price? Hulk played in China during his prime for that sort of money and gave up his Brazilian national team career.

Maybe this is still the best move. I would say from a quality perspective, today it’s 10++. In 3-4 years? That’s when I wonder if it works as well. From a brand perspective it’s 8 or 9/10. He’s a star on a great team but he’s not a otherworldly personality or a top 10-20 recognizable player world wide.

Still quite happy but this is a HUGE financial investment.
    Yeah I agree, said something similar a few posts back.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So the actual journos are finally chiming in, and their version is: ”Insigne either will or won't be signed”.

Bwahaha. Like seriously. This is the funniest thing ever.

That sounds like something Yogi Berra might have said.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not a novel idea to say that this is chump change to MLSE but it’s true. Increases brand equity and can be a launchpad to build hype for the 2026 WC in terms of getting people down to BMO/winning teams in the backyard again. Don’t really see any downside to this unless he flops majorly from Year 1 (A Top 100 player in the world has next to 0 odds of this happening to him fortunately)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's gonna happen.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    So the actual journos are finally chiming in, and their version is: ”Insigne either will or won't be signed”.

Bwahaha. Like seriously. This is the funniest thing ever.

That sounds like something Yogi Berra might have said.
    To be fair what they are saying is "They have been talking, for a while, & are getting down to the point where it requires a decision - which won't happen likely until January" That's more then we heard before from local journos using local sources.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Amir. View Post
    five years is too much...hes already rapidly declining...give him three years max and then negotiate to stay longer if its worth it
    rapidly declining?

last year was the most productive of his career and he was on course to better it this until covid and minor injury.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    To be fair what they are saying is "They have been talking, for a while, & are getting down to the point where it requires a decision - which won't happen likely until January" That's more then we heard before from local journos using local sources.
    Oh yeah, it's actual confirmation of negotiations, which teams really hate to do. TFC got forced into confirming this by the barrage of leaks in Italy, I would guess.

But nothing reported about amount or term offered, which makes this bit of “news” almost useless. Also nothing regarding Insigne state of mind, or other options, or intent.

—————

But I would also say that this has become so widely reported that it would now be in Insigne's interest for his agent to deny it, or at least cool this down, to keep the Tottenhams of the world in the game, if the TFC signing isn’t truly likely. Let's see if he does that.
    Last edited by ensco; 12-28-2021 at 02:52 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    According to the gazzetta is being offered 5 years at 10 million euro a season.
    If true, that is a shocking amount of dough. Too much, even if this is MLS and MLSE.
    Nowhere in Europe would he get more than max. half of that, in "X' years of contract.
    Only place in the world now where he would get same kind of money would be maybe 2-3 Arab countries.

One thing to keep in mind: he will be 31 years old when he'll play his first match for TFC... after the Serie A season will be finished.
    Last edited by PizzaEatingYeti; 12-28-2021 at 03:08 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You guys still talking Insigne? #BelottiWatch is on now.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AdamAM View Post
    Not a novel idea to say that this is chump change to MLSE but it’s true. Increases brand equity and can be a launchpad to build hype for the 2026 WC in terms of getting people down to BMO/winning teams in the backyard again. Don’t really see any downside to this unless he flops majorly from Year 1 (A Top 100 player in the world has next to 0 odds of this happening to him fortunately)

Exactly…Raptors are going to be in a rebuild for a couple of years. leafs may or may not break through. Soccer is trending …CMNT have a big couple of months ahead of them. Having a competitive TFC team running to 2026 just makes perfect marketing and promotional sense. Remember MLSE is owned by big pipe and media companies.

This type of spend makes sense. The only problem is, for a free transfer we have to wait until July. If TFC doesn’t do something else big, the season could be done by the time he arrives . I think there has to be more coming as well.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So what would you prefer. Soteldo, Poz and Belotti or Insigne, Jozy, Poz. And you can’t say Gio, Insigne, Belotti, Poz

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    So what would you prefer. Soteldo, Poz and Belotti or Insigne, Jozy, Poz. And you can’t say Gio, Insigne, Belotti, Poz
    given you've taken away the good option, the former - though Belotti also looks kinda injury prone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ii just drove by market lane...wow

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    Poz, Belotti, Insigne seems doable and better than we've had in a while.

I see Belotti has some injury concerns but he's played over 200 matches for Torino since 2016. It would take Jozy 20 years to play in 200 matches so it's a step up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You guys still talking Insigne? #BelottiWatch is on now.

That outlet had us signing two defenders in November, including one who is 35.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everyone is hyped.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everyone is hyped.

Mavinga has to get back on the Lacazette beat. He's tweeted him to come here at least twice in the last two years and his deal at Arsenal is up in six months.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Mavinga has to get back on the Lacazette beat. He's tweeted him to come here at least twice in the last two years and his deal at Arsenal is up in six months.
    He actually tweeted him again on the weekend about Toronto.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He actually tweeted him again on the weekend about Toronto.

Mavinga should have a job in the front office.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    That outlet had us signing two defenders in November, including one who is 35.
    Apparently one of them turned us down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m loving this.

All the signs keep pointing to soccer being a huge untapped market that this ownership team wants to fully invest in. I’m all for it. If this Insigne signing comes true then this could be another massive leap for MLS in its bid to become a big league. Hell, look at all the young players league wide that are not only transferring to the European leagues but fitting in right away. All of this is so positive for the sport here.

What’s also interesting is this upcoming inter league cup with Mexico, having a few key guys can help TFC continue to massively build their brand. The revenue potential is so much larger than anything the leafs can pull in. I don’t want to compare us to Bayern but if you watched their Amazon Prime series you can see how they’re all about building a global brand. There’s no reason why TFC cannot aspire to do the same.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Poz, Belotti, Insigne seems doable and better than we've had in a while.

I see Belotti has some injury concerns but he's played over 200 matches for Torino since 2016. It would take Jozy 20 years to play in 200 matches so it's a step up.
    So that would be 17 Games if we don’t buy one of the
    in January. How do we stay in contention until then. Need more rumors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

insigne cant have already been signed on a free transfer because of the six month rule...could happen in a few days

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Apparently one of them turned us down.
    Claims his agent. He's 35 and the captain of Genoa, but... he's 35. This just wasn't ever real. No team has EVER signed a defender that old to a TAM or DP contract, which is what it would take.

If he turned us down or we offered a deal, it was a "come for normal money and be a clubhouse leader" deal, not an expectation that a guy that age was going to lead our defense. I guess that's possible, albeit still unlikely.

He's also resigned with his club since then.

People need to accept that in a media era with zero requirement for credibility, the club that signed Giovinco is going to be used as contract leverage by every agent in Italy.

Also, Bradley likes developing youth players. I can't see them having offered a 35-year-old a deal before we'd even inked our manager.