Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post
    ^ It can't be coincidence that all this good news is being released along with the bad.

Hey look everyone, we're bringing back DeRo!! We're signing Defoe!! The Argos are moving in. We're getting Micheal Bradley!! BMO Field will be completely unrecognizable in three years. What a solid squad we'll have with Gilberto as well!! What a year 2014 will be!! And then we start renovating in 2015.

I mean, I know I'm a cynical fuck, but I'm not the only seeing this, right? Either way, until groundsharing is absolutely confirmed and the shovels are in the ground, I'm worried but not worried enough to stop me from enjoying the new season.
    The one thing TL is insisting, is that if this happened, there would be no impact on stadium dimensions or sight lines for soccer games, because it sounds like one end of the stadium would be retractable. That is one thing he has, apparently, pretty-much guaranteed.

I'm more concerned about the pitch, than the stadium itself... but there are other threads already discussing this. Anyway... back to the actual team!

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What we can celebrate this year is the potential of this team, Argos free.

I can't wait to see the new jerseys on the fans as well. Welcome or welcome back!
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The sins of past regimes cannot be fairly attributed to this TFC. I know just as well as anyone of us about the feeling of one bitten, twice shy when it comes to this club, but it's a new day.

This sort of thing happens in football all the time. Money washes away failure. New hires with totally different levels of understanding for the game and business have been made. Players from another level of ability have been bought...

TFC has started anew and so has my approach to them.

I'm "first season" excited and just as hopeful.

RPB Member
    Section 112 and Cardinal, Ontario...Yeah, Baby!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sweet Dreams are made of this
    Defoe, Bradley, Gilberto
    Morrow, Jackson, De Rosario
    Losing my mind over Toronto

Re-ignite our passion
    BMO a sea of flags unfurled
    Suddenly back in fashion
    TFC’s going to rule the world
    O, Maple Leaf around the world, You speak as you rise high above,
    Of courage, peace and quiet strength, Of the Canada that I love.
    Remind us all, our union bound by ties we cannot sever,
    Bright flag revered on every ground, The Maple Leaf forever

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What Pigfyn said.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think people need to be more realistic about the first 10 games, probably the first half of the season at least. We have mostly the same core as last year....on the bench. The starting XI is going to look much different than last year though. It's hard to get that many players who haven't played together going the same direction quickly. For proof, just look at the team Defoe came from. And players new to MLS usually need time to settle in. It won't be without hiccups.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This might be the summer I finally see my first live TFC game.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I was introduced to the term 'BlueJayed' on the way to work today.

Luke Wileman was asked if he thought there was a possibility that TFC fans could be 'BlueJayed' this year.

Absolutely classic term. I have no idea if that's the first time it's been used, but it's awesome.

Anyway, Luke basically said there's no chance of that due to the nature of the league, but just think about it for a moment.. let it sink in.

Are we about to be BlueJayed ?
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think what is most important to the team's success is everybody pulling in the same direction. I think the negativity will subside now and the toxic dressing room and FO environment will be a thing of the past. Players will no longer have front office incompetence and dressing room drama to take their attention away from performing on the field and playing for the badge. Even negativity on these message boards contributes to the overall climate of whether we have a successful team or not. Synergy is an amazing thing and is so important in the game of soccer, but it is equally important off the field. Having said that I'm super pumped to see this team on the field and can't wait to see our stadium full again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't wait to sit beside Whoop this year again with the occasional Bfin on the side.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TOBOR ! View Post
    I was introduced to the term 'BlueJayed' on the way to work today.

Luke Wileman was asked if he thought there was a possibility that TFC fans could be 'BlueJayed' this year.

Absolutely classic term. I have no idea if that's the first time it's been used, but it's awesome.

Anyway, Luke basically said there's no chance of that due to the nature of the league, but just think about it for a moment.. let it sink in.

Are we about to be BlueJayed ?
    I honestly don't think so, but I think the first half of the season won't always be pretty. This should be a very good team ultimately. And it's waaayyy easier to make the playoffs in MLS than baseball.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My passion for the squad remains at the same height it did since day one.
    As does my expectations.
    (score in every home game)

I look forward to being surprised with some positive results, but most of all seeing the positive impact all of this news will have on our game day experience and response to the product on the field.
    Too early to say "the passion is back" but certainly the build up to this season will see ALL of us here, ALL of the SGs, ALL of the SSH, ALL of the fans, eagerly awaiting opening day.

#REDvolution
    We deserve butter. . . . .and it looks like we're getting some.
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Technorgasm View Post
    My passion for the squad remains at the same height it did since day one.
    As does my expectations.
    (score in every home game)

I look forward to being surprised with some positive results, but most of all seeing the positive impact all of this news will have on our game day experience and response to the product on the field.
    Too early to say "the passion is back" but certainly the build up to this season will see ALL of us here, ALL of the SGs, ALL of the SSH, ALL of the fans, eagerly awaiting opening day.

#REDvolution
    We deserve butter. . . . .and it looks like we're getting some.
    The team has buzz again. That's pretty fucking awesome.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I am stoked about the new signings and I actually have some hope for modest success this season.

But we still have some work to do on the back four and we still have to actually play the games.

That said, I'm pretty happy with these signings, especially Bradley. As Ensco said, that is a football signing, which shows they want to win, not just sell tickets.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't wait to see the south end full and singing and feel the stands bounce again. Its been FARRRR too long. Toronto being the hype city that it is...we won't have any trouble filling BMO again. This is a new TFC (right now just on paper of course)...this is a new era. I hope this team and management help bury the years of bad memories stored up in my head. Winning will solve A LOT! Can't f***ing wait till March!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going full bore right over the top.

I expect to see Captain Michael Bradley hold aloft the Supporters Shield and to see the second MLS Cup Final at BMO Field.

I don't expect that 2015 will see TFC being the first MLS team to show up at the World Club Championship, though...gotta be a bit realistic, and save something for 2016!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    I am stoked about the new signings and I actually have some hope for modest success this season.

But we still have some work to do on the back four and we still have to actually play the games.

That said, I'm pretty happy with these signings, especially Bradley. As Ensco said, that is a football signing, which shows they want to win, not just sell tickets.
    I agree. TL has lived up to his promises. I think the Blue Jay comparison isn't valid - each one of those players had serious risks - like age, injury recovery,etc. Aside from the uncertainty of Gilberto's adaptation to the league, and dealing with the 4 DP + Ecks salary cap issues, there really isn't the same issue at all.

Its basically awesome and we should be full of hope and passion. Defoe! Seriously, Defoe - who could have pictured that in 2007????. Bradley! DeRo!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    I agree. TL has lived up to his promises. I think the Blue Jay comparison isn't valid - each one of those players had serious risks - like age, injury recovery,etc. Aside from the uncertainty of Gilberto's adaptation to the league, and dealing with the 4 DP + Ecks salary cap issues, there really isn't the same issue at all.

Its basically awesome and we should be full of hope and passion. Defoe! Seriously, Defoe - who could have pictured that in 2007????. Bradley! DeRo!
    Also, and Rogers/rogers affiliates never mention this but while the Jays went on a spending spree, they only upped their payroll to slightly above MLB average. The average payroll for a playoff team in MLB last year was over 150 million dollars, and that includes 2 low payroll teams who fought their way into the post season. The Jays weren't even close financially to being competitive. TFC is spending in a different stratosphere than other MLS clubs right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tim and sid giving tfc more props right now haha

and showing the red patch boys scarf amazing
    Last edited by pdubs; 01-10-2014 at 01:08 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm really looking forward to the new season, but I'm also really scared that Murphy's Law is going to bite us because things are going too well. My hope for the season is that we'll win every home game, as that would keep the fans coming out. I expect that this club will take a while to gel, so there could be some turbulence at the start of the season before things start to kick into gear just in time to halt for the WC. Then hopefully TFC will regain the lost momentum and end up around 3rd in the Eastern Conference. Then I'd like to see them go respectably far as they get used to what playoff soccer is like. The only thing I expect is that they will win the Voyaguer's Cup. I'd consider the season a Success if they make it out of their CCL Group and make the MLS playoffs. That should be the minimum expectation for these players. But the demon Murphy haunts me regardless.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't wait to not get razzed for wearing colours!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As the Mythbusters say, failure is always an option.

BUT so many things are different than in the past, not the least of which coming into the season with a full squad for the first time since when (or ever). As far as opportunity for success, we have our best chance ever. That is worth getting excited about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Treble!

Supporters Shield, Mls Cup, Voyageurs Cup. Killing the Impact and Shite Caps at every turn. Oh hell make it a Quad and beat whichever Mexican team we face in the Champs league final.

Watching Ottawa Fury FC when not hanging off the top of Section 110 at BMO!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am really excited for this spring on two fronts ...

Ottawa Fury FC are kicking off season 1 in NASL in just 93 days! Coach Marc Dos Santos is putting together a young squad with surprising amount of experience from all over the world. I really look forward to him pulling this all together into a winning team.
    Got my seasons seat and am ready to not use it while cheering my local team (that sounds so good to say ...) to victory.

And then there is TFC 8.0 which on paper looks fantastic. I have always been excited for a TFC season ever since day 1 but like many others are a bit "once, twice .... bitten, twice shy" when it comes to my expectations. I would mark me down as "guardedly optimistic" and preparing to hold on tight for an exciting ride come what may. And of course I really look forward to seeing my friends in the RPB in general and the 75 Mile Bastards in particular as soon as I can.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This new team is HYPE. How many MLS players wouldn't want to come here now?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We’ve signed Michael Bradley and Jermaine Defoe
    And I just can’t fucking wait, I just can’t fucking wait
    Gilberto from Brazil and Dwayne De Rosario
    And I just can’t fucking wait, I just can’t fucking wait

Jackson and Morrow we have traded for
    And I just can't wait until the season starts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

winning playoffs isnt even that important to me

I want TFC to bring champions league trophy to Canada!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLS supporters everywhere are looking at their schedules to see when TFC is coming to town according to many forums I have seen. I have people that I couldn't give tickets to last year all of a sudden calling me asking if I can help them get season opener tickets this year. What a 180 degree turn...guess I can sell my seats for face value again if I can't make it? That would be nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    MLS supporters everywhere are looking at their schedules to see when TFC is coming to town according to many forums I have seen. I have people that I couldn't give tickets to last year all of a sudden calling me asking if I can help them get season opener tickets this year. What a 180 degree turn...guess I can sell my seats for face value again if I can't make it? That would be nice.
    I've already had people (that previously wouldn't take them for free) ask to buy a pair as well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is the quality of the Football I am excited about. Every game will have some entertaining football to watch.