Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Excellent performance again, some lapses but really impressed with attacking will

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just what we needed. A gritty win to keep things moving forward. Great job all around. Good to see our ball movement getting back to what we were privaledged to see back in 2017.

I really hope Benezet is alright. I’ve really enjoyed his play. Great ball control and can turn so quickly to create space.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC surprised me with their grit. Take the 3 points & go.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    Endoh !!!

Its funny how tfc had wingers on the roster all season (Endoh, shaff and telfer) but vanney didnt use them.
    It was hard to use wingers in a 4-3-3 with Giovinco. With Giovinco gone Vanney moved to his long-preferred formation.

Quote Originally Posted by tfcfans View Post
    That DC result in Portland could cost us a home game - we will need to win today, in Chicago and against Clbs, and still may need help from Seattle or NYRB....not sure whether sending the “A” team to LA in the middle of the Can Championship is a smart idea (my hunch is they send the “B” team out west)....
    Your hunch can't be correct. Vanney was very explicit he would play his best 15 every match here on in. Momentum is critical this point in the season.

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    Sending a b team to LA is bush league. TFC has done this sort of thing now for two years, always backfiring, always a mistake. You would think by now, FO would prioritize MLS over the championship since most fans want this, and in keeping with most teams in the League. Jesus, you would think playing the best team with our best, has some value
    You're reacting to someone's guesses that probably won't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    TFC surprised me with their grit. Take the 3 points & go.
    Great to see. That's a prerequisite for a playoff run.

... and now, TFC has an almost guaranteed playoff spot and continues to have a chance for home advantage first round.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 09-15-2019 at 06:42 PM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by barticusz View Post
    I really hope Benezet is alright. I’ve really enjoyed his play. Great ball control and can turn so quickly to create space.
    They said on the broadcast it wasn't too serious, something with his hamstring (tightness I think) but he'll probably be available for LAFC if not Montreal. Thought he was excellent before going down, as was Endoh and later Gallardo. We have tons of good options on the wing which is a far cry from early this season

Looks like we'll probably be playing DC in the knockout round, the question is who will be the 4 seed. Their win in Portland was huge since they have one more home game left than we do

First time poster but long time lurker of these boards, btw

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    Endoh !!!

Its funny how tfc had wingers on the roster all season (Endoh, shaff and telfer) but vanney didnt use them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    It was hard to use wingers in a 4-3-3 with Giovinco. With Giovinco gone Vanney moved to his long-preferred formation.
    He was referring to this season, not when Giovinco was here. We had Endoh; we didn't have to loan out Telfer; and Schaffner might have been ready earlier. But Vanney didn't start playing with wingers until much later in this season.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We were very entertaining and showed tons of fight. Endow was really a factor early. Gallardo showed something. Q with a massive PK stop. Mavinga with a key interception to start the move on the winning goal. The rain held off.

But yeah, they could have had 6, I don’t know how we stop the leaking at the back, and, but for the fact that this is crazy MLS, I would think we have no shot at going anywhere in the playoffs.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My seats were by the corner kick flag so my view wasn't the greatest but Laryea looked good, so did Endoh. Hope Benezet is ok

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what a game!! thought it was going to be 5-0 after the pozuelo pk, boy was i wrong on that call.
    play your A team vs LAFC. lets see how good we are
    my interest in cdn championship is very low

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gallardo & Shaff are wingers.

Endoh & Benezet & Osorio & DeLeon are playing as advanced wide midfielders - heck even Gallardo was playing central at times tonight.

Regardless, we got the ball movement going well now, and a lot of that is because Delgado's life has been simplified while Bradley has been...immense.

Kudos to the TIFO tonight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DavemTFC View Post
    They said on the broadcast it wasn't too serious, something with his hamstring (tightness I think) but he'll probably be available for LAFC if not Montreal. Thought he was excellent before going down, as was Endoh and later Gallardo. We have tons of good options on the wing which is a far cry from early this season

Looks like we'll probably be playing DC in the knockout round, the question is who will be the 4 seed. Their win in Portland was huge since they have one more home game left than we do

First time poster but long time lurker of these boards, btw
    Welcome! Glad you finally decided to post.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Benezet repping DragonballZ
    Actually, that's just Dragonball, when Goku was a kid. <takes off weiboo hat>

I was impressed they found that third goal, but it was a close thing as Colorado squandered a bunch of chances. I expect we'll see Laryea, Osorio, Shaffelburg, Morgan, Chapman, and Fraser either starting or on the bench for Wednesday since they're Canadians, and Bono as keeper. Gallardo will probably start as well. They're going to rotate a couple of their starters for that game to keep them fresh for LA, especially Bradley.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For those who didn't see it

Westberg's post game remarks about keeping calm and not getting overly emotional out there is interesting - he was asked about his pointed remarks to the defenders & said he had to step in because people were getting too emotional

https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2019/0...?autoplay=true

"If you want to build something as a team, you need to keep calm" Worth watching. In some ways, he's basically told everybody to get over Chivas.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 09-15-2019 at 08:53 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It wasn't always pretty, but we took care of business tonight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Took my son (5) to his first match tonight. Was feeling pretty proud of the little bugger as he was on the ref early and often about his calls. Fun match. Didn't really see what happened to Benezet, hopefully he is ok. Can't believe that Altidore miss. so unlucky.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3-2 was about as flattering to Colorado as it gets. I thought TFC dominated large stretches of the game and was unlucky not to have put this one away earlier.

You could see the width start to make a difference in the formation with there being lots of pockets in the middle of the field for Pozuelo and others to operate in.

Benezet extremely influential during his time on the field

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Overall, it was good game but TFC defending and poor goalkeeping at times is holding this team back being a championship contender. I am not sure what else can be done to fix this issue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    Overall, it was good game but TFC defending and poor goalkeeping at times is holding this team back being a championship contender. I am not sure what else can be done to fix this issue.
    Every team is bad defensively. MLS score lines this week.

7-2
    4-2
    3-3
    3-2
    3-1
    3-1
    2-1
    1-1
    1-0

But yes, it needs to improve. Things should tighten up a bit in the playoffs and I think Morrow in and Auro out will help a lot. Also Laryea has won the RB battle between Auro and Laryea.
    Last edited by Defoe; 09-16-2019 at 03:05 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Defoe View Post
    Every team is bad defensively. MLS score lines this week.

7-2
    4-2
    3-3
    3-2
    3-1
    3-1
    2-1
    1-1
    1-0

But yes, it needs to improve. Things should tighten up a bit in the playoffs and I think Morrow in and Auro out will help a lot. Also Laryea has won the RB battle between Auro and Laryea.
    I agree this team is better suited with Morrow and Laryea playing as LB and RB respectively. This was yet again a tale of 2 teams. The team that played the first half hour that dominated the field and looked like they were going to run wild and then the team that took over from there. We should have hammered them by 5 or 6 yet we continued to let them back into the game. Kudos to Westberg for making it up on the penalty. We have yet to play a full 90 minutes yet this season.

On a side note, much respect for that Tifo. I hope we find a way to re-sign Bradley but if we can't I am glad we were able to give him the honours he deserves. The game against Columbus could be his final game at BMO in a red jersey and if it is I'm glad we got to thank the General (on armed forces night no less)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    But yeah, they could have had 6, I don’t know how we stop the leaking at the back, and, but for the fact that this is crazy MLS, I would think we have no shot at going anywhere in the playoffs.
    This league really is crazy, I think this describes any team in the league other than LAFC or NYCFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Auro's passing is excellent, auro's defensive positioning is painful to watch.
    He seems slow to react, like he's carrying extra 20lbs but that seems to disappear on ofense.

Anywho, we have an issue. Osorio is too good to not be starting. He communicates well and tracks back players, almost Bradley like. Plus, hes finally scoring and can be counted on to do so.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    He seems slow to react, like he's carrying extra 20lbs but that seems to disappear on ofense.

Anywho, we have an issue. Osorio is too good to not be starting. He communicates well and tracks back players, almost Bradley like. Plus, hes finally scoring and can be counted on to do so.

Which leads to the question - can Osorio be Bradley's spear carrier?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oof... I'm a big Osorio booster, but I think the answer is a flat "no"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice to see Osorio finally earning his salary.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So that was fun. An entertaining game with some TFC 2017 and some TFC 2012 thrown in the mix. was a stressful and yet very eventful game.

Also. we need a camera on the east side on each box. In like the 2nd min Laryea goes over easy (it looks like). But I'm on the corner flag and the linesman should have seen that the defender essentially fell on Laryeas foot bringing him down. It was a nailed on penalty and no call at all. The ref couldn't see it due to sightline angles and bodies in the way. With no camera (I'm pretty sure as I rewatched the game and there were no reverse angles ) the only way that gets called is if the linesman does. But that guy was awful. Always behind the play and never made a call for himself without looking at the ref first. Anywho, useless bitching over. Overall a weird but evenly officiated game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, not familiar with the term.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, not familiar with the term.
    The Midfielder beside Bradley the General that is that little bit faster that allows Bradley to do what he does.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section_105 View Post
    So that was fun. An entertaining game with some TFC 2017 and some TFC 2012 thrown in the mix. was a stressful and yet very eventful game.

Also. we need a camera on the east side on each box. In like the 2nd min Laryea goes over easy (it looks like). But I'm on the corner flag and the linesman should have seen that the defender essentially fell on Laryeas foot bringing him down. It was a nailed on penalty and no call at all. The ref couldn't see it due to sightline angles and bodies in the way. With no camera (I'm pretty sure as I rewatched the game and there were no reverse angles ) the only way that gets called is if the linesman does. But that guy was awful. Always behind the play and never made a call for himself without looking at the ref first. Anywho, useless bitching over. Overall a weird but evenly officiated game.
    Richie was certainly a pk. Clipped his foot

And the linesman made a call , once on the ball going out on a Colorado player. Then the ref overruled it and said something about the ball grazing endohs shirt? TF!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Midfielder beside Bradley the General that is that little bit faster that allows Bradley to do what he does.
    a better marky?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just saw Doyle respond this tweet and it reminded me of how much this goal is dependent upon the defence getting the ball up quickly