Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Match Day 29: TFC @ LAG Sat. 16th Sept 10:30pm - It varies from Season to Season

Have at it People

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't see Jozy or Seba making the trip if they are nursing possible tightness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can see us not dropping points the rest of the season. LA are on a bit of an upswing but are still a bit of a mess. possibly Even without Seba and Jozy I'm confident of a win.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jozy is apparently ok. Seba, we'll see. It's a long trip to LA, but TFC should be able to win. I'm thinking Vanney may engage in some squad rotation to get some guys some minutes. We'll see.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That 1-1 draw with Seattle wasn't that impressive. First half that goal was 1 of 4 shots.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We're 18-5-3 since the 2-1 loss to Columbus in April - in my opinion the last game before we clicked - and unbeaten in 10 currently. If they're healthy there is no way Vanney rotates going into the stretch run. I think the players are too motivated to break records at this point.

Not that it matters whether we rotate or not. We won one of our last six going into the playoffs last year and that turned out fine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any word on Marky Delgado?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think we rotate in Osorio for Delgado, Hernandez for somebody in the back, Ricketts for Seba & maybe Chapman for Vasquez. And this will be the last game we play without the starting 11.

Teams are starting to lock in their starters - heck, crazy Martino wants to play the same Atlanta squad for 8 games in 23 days.

RPB Member
    President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah i rather see a light rotation for this Game, as we gotta turn around and come back place on a wednesday and the following saturday on the east coast again. Usually that west coast travel and timezone change does seem to take a toll on players.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it was up to me, I'd give Clint Irwin this game to keep him ready.

I'm wondering if Vanney will roll out the 4-4-2 diamond?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post

I'm wondering if Vanney will roll out the 4-4-2 diamond?
    Why?

LA can't defend against 3-5-2. IIRC they lost Jones and Alessandrini to yellow card accumulation. Their defence is shambles and they may have lost their starting GK to injury. Not that their GK pool is good in the first place.
    I'm predicting a 3-1 TFC win. LA is terrible at home.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Why?

LA can't defend against 3-5-2. IIRC they lost Jones and Alessandrini to yellow card accumulation. Their defence is shambles and they may have lost their starting GK to injury. Not that their GK pool is good in the first place.
    I was thinking just for practice, but you're right, the 3-5-2 makes sense.

I didn't realize they had two players out on yellow cards. TFC could win this with the B squad then, although I don't expect Vanney to take that much of a risk.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Why?

Why you giving LA one goal in your prediction? Just because they are at home? I am not that generous. I don't think TFC will get scored on and should be able to get a couple. 2-0 to me feels about right. Maybe 1-0 if LA parks the bus. I am just predicting based on current TFC form and what I read about LA. I haven't watched a minute of an LA games this year to really know anything about their current form.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leave seba at home. There was a game in May away at Seattle when Toronto sent a depleated club in and came away with 3 points. I'd like to see a similar style. Let Cooper, Edwards, Oso, and crew get minutes. Depth of this team is unprecedented, lets show it off

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Why you giving LA one goal in your prediction? Just because they are at home? I am not that generous. I don't think TFC will get scored on and should be able to get a couple. 2-0 to me feels about right. Maybe 1-0 if LA parks the bus. I am just predicting based on current TFC form and what I read about LA. I haven't watched a minute of an LA games this year to really know anything about their current form.
    LA is shite at defending, but they still have some weapons on attack. (dos Santos brothers, Zardes when he's playing striker, Boateng on flanks) They did well enough to nick a draw away at Seattle. I saw the Seattle-LA game and Schmid and Kinnear has LA playing far better organized than before.

So it should be easy 3 pts for TFC, but I try not to underestimate a team full of players that's playing like they want to earn a contract for next season.
    Last edited by Yohan; 09-11-2017 at 02:13 PM.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rotating makes sense in keeping players ready for the stretch drive and the playoffs. Who scored the tying and winning goals v Montreal last season: Hagglund, Cheyrou, Ricketts. It was a lesson about keeping everyone ready. Plus Osorio has now earned minutes, Ricketts needs some as he is a little off, and Edwards needs some too, he could have a real impact in the stretch. I am certain Vanney is thinking about those things too, as well as winning, Irwin staying ready, and being careful with Seba. If Cheyrou was healthy I think Bradley might even sit but very unlikely if Seba can't make the trip
    Last edited by MightyDM; 09-11-2017 at 06:24 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want to sit Seba. I just want him going in November. Sit him for four weeks.

This is an exhibition game. Only the Montreal games matter the rest of the way.

I want to get Cooper some minutes. He contributed in the clutch last year. We might need him again. Same with Ricketts.

I think we drop points here. I could care less.
    Last edited by ensco; 09-11-2017 at 08:37 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Call me crazy, but against almost all the opinions here I think we'll have a very hard time to get all 3 points in LA.
    For a number of reasons the LA players will treat this game like their most important match of the season.
    We should be pleased with a draw.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post
    Call me crazy, but against almost all the opinions here I think we'll have a very hard time to get all 3 points in LA.
    For a number of reasons the LA players will treat this game like their most important match of the season.
    We should be pleased with a draw.
    I've got the same feeling. I think this will be in all likelihood the last game I can see us dropping points in. If we do I am ok with it providing that we roll out squad rotation. Edwards, Oso, Hernandez, Ricketts, Irwin, hell call Hamilton in. The Wednesday game is far more important in my opinion. We need to rest the big guns where we can.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to Molinaro, Seba & Jozy day to day. The Seba situation looks a tad more long term.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/tfc-n...-ahead-l-game/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I want to sit Seba. I just want him going in November. Sit him for four weeks.

This is an exhibition game. Only the Montreal games matter the rest of the way.

I want to get Cooper some minutes. He contributed in the clutch last year. We might need him again. Same with Ricketts.

I think we drop points here. I could care less.
    I agree 100%. BUT winning honors as the best team in MLS to date is like El Dorado, it might be irresistible. Not sure if the squad can be strategic at this point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really want to see Edwards get some minutes. If L.A.'s defense has been falling apart recently, they probably won't be able to defend against him very well.

BTW Og, nice pick on the song!
    Last edited by James17930; 09-13-2017 at 03:05 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    According to Molinaro, Seba & Jozy day to day. The Seba situation looks a tad more long term.

Sounds like a Greg Popovic inspired injury bug. I predict they'll magically be healthy one week after the west coast road trip.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Sounds like a Greg Popovic inspired injury bug. I predict they'll magically be healthy one week after the west coast road trip.
    One week! I think you mean "Wednesday after"...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just announced Seba and Jozy will be staying back for LA trip

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shmurda42 View Post
    Just announced Seba and Jozy will be staying back for LA trip
    Interesting. I think there may be a bit of gamesmanship in that decision, but it makes sense also given the niggly injuries and the quick turnaround to an important Wednesday game. Hope we can nick a point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm thinking 1-1 draw or 1-0 win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

Has anyone heard if there were any lingering effects of the tackle on Marky Delgado?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paul-collins View Post
    Has anyone heard if there were any lingering effects of the tackle on Marky Delgado?
    No hint of that, but Vanney is wanting to test depth, so I could see him sitting out, as well.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't think of a time when I was this ok with leaving out two of our most productive players. Lots of alternatives up front.