Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Since we've been discussing what is wrong with this team (here and in the Yallop thread), thought I'd point this out. Moving Rolfe out was probably the biggest single mistake they have made

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...th-d-c-united/
    ... and that was Yallop's doing.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    I think he and Klopas are done in MLS now or at least should be. Then again I said that before the Fire & Impact hired them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is Kantari eligible to play this Saturday?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ruffian View Post
    Is Kantari eligible to play this Saturday?
    Yes, but zero chance he starts after the performance of Perquis & Williams in the middle vs. Colorado.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Yes, but zero chance he starts after the performance of Perquis & Williams in the middle vs. Colorado.
    I think Kantari will get the start actually. Perquis has been too inconsistent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopePouri View Post
    Kantari hasn't been any better tbh. Both him and Perquis are a little heavy footed even for CB's. Not a good quality to have in this league.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Sorry, that's not knowable, and this argument is a rehash of the 2010 Mo/Preki argument.

This move, and all moves like this, are on the GM. If the GM chose to move a guy of that stature based on what his coach says, that is still on the GM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mastermixer View Post
    Kantari hasn't been any better tbh. Both him and Perquis are a little heavy footed even for CB's. Not a good quality to have in this league.
    Agreed. Problem with Perquis is that when he's aggressive but doesn't have the recovery speed. Kantari may be slower but I think he's more positionally aware, and that compliments Williams who's more athletic. Being left footed also helps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, that's not knowable, and this argument is a rehash of the 2010 Mo/Preki argument.

This move, and all moves like this, are on the GM. If the GM chose to move a guy of that stature based on what his coach says, that is still on the GM.
    I think I read somewhere (ESPN FC maybe) that this was Yallop's first chance to finally take full control from a squad management perspective. So, trading Rolfe would, in fact, be on him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There was no GM in Chicago. Yallop had complete control.
    Chicago was supposed to be Yallop's dream job, the one where he finally got to call all the shots on the player personnel side instead of having to report to a general manager like he did in stints with the San Jose Earthquakes and LA Galaxy. When he was handed the keys, though, too many of his moves didn't pan out.
    http://www.espnfc.com/major-league-s...-fire-at-a-low

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    There was no GM in Chicago. Yallop had complete control.

http://www.espnfc.com/major-league-s...-fire-at-a-low
    That doesn't line up with ensco's narrative that Yallop would have been an amazing upgrade from Vanney, so he blames the non-existent GM. As I said, the trade that ensco criticized was Yallop's doing.

The fact is, the failure of Chicago is 100% on him. He would have been a good choice for TFC in 2007, in MLS 3.0? Not so much, he's a dinosaur and couldn't adapt. I'd take him to run our TFC II squad, which doesn't have world-class DPs to play or play against and hasn't done so well in their league.

Funny thing from the article that you quote:

However, Yallop never managed to sort out the rest of his defense. This wasn't so much the first domino to fall, but rather a Stonehenge-sized megalith that toppled over and destroyed much of what Yallop was trying to build.
    Isn't Yallop's major failure exactly what Vanney-haters want to see improved?

Now back on topic, TFC needs to get maximum points in this game, no excuses.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 09-25-2015 at 10:51 AM.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think either has been good but it's a bad look for a coach to bench a guy after his best performance of the season when there is no obviously better choice. Between two inconsistent players you go with the guy who's looked better more recently. It's gonna be Perquis & Williams again, guaranteed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re Rolfe, I stand corrected.

Re the "narrative" comment, what a fricking joke. I want to see Yallop at the CMNT, which I have posted numerous times. Try reading my posts.

I'll tell you what the "narrative" is: totally biased/negative toward Yallop. This endless "MLS 2.0/3.0" crap is nothing but some form of discrimination based on age, or the way the guy sounds, or some kind of CMNT complex or inferiority complex, or something. I don't know what.

He is a decent coach who had a bad stint in Chicago but had a decent record for a long time before that. He deserves better than what he is getting from pretty much everyone here.
    Last edited by ensco; 09-25-2015 at 11:05 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TBF, I'd take Yallop over Floro.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FWIW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We threw out the diamond a long time ago. Don't know why they're still predicting it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We threw out the diamond a long time ago. Don't know why they're still predicting it.
    Still think it's our best option when at full strength though

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Something tells me 3-5-2. The flat 4-4-2 worked against Colorado but Chicago's midfield is so poor we could throw Gomez in as the link from midfield to the forwards and not miss a beat in the middle.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re Rolfe, I stand corrected.

Re the "narrative" comment, what a fricking joke. I want to see Yallop at the CMNT, which I have posted numerous times. Try reading my posts.

I'll tell you what the "narrative" is: totally biased/negative toward Yallop. This endless "MLS 2.0/3.0" crap is nothing but some form of discrimination based on age, or the way the guy sounds, or some kind of CMNT complex or inferiority complex, or something. I don't know what.

He is a decent coach who had a bad stint in Chicago but had a decent record for a long time before that. He deserves better than what he is getting from pretty much everyone here.
    I can't believe that today I am being accused of discrimination based on someone being too old! ensco, thanks for the laugh, you made my day.

As far as MLS 2.0/3.0 if you don't see any major changes in MLS since 2007, there's not much more to be said.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the Dynamo in 2007 (Ching, Clark, Dero and Davis, all in their prime), plus a young Holden and a veteran Moreno in supporting roles, plus a bunch of other very recognizable/serviceable MLS players, would beat any so- called MLS 3.0 team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kamara is the gold standard.

Larin's in the Gold Cup might be the best of the rest

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rqGjtrm13Yo
    There's so many viable candidates for the worst open net miss of all time it's impossible to pick the worst. However that doesn't mean we can't have fun judging:

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just got emailed this

The regular season is winding down and every game is important! Your Reds need you in your seats supporting. Show up early for your chance to win 2016 Season Seats for Free!

Be sure to scan your ticket by 1:45 PM at BMO Field this Saturday, September 26th and be in your seats for the first half to be eligible to win!

This will be going on each game for the rest of the season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Something tells me 3-5-2. The flat 4-4-2 worked against Colorado but Chicago's midfield is so poor we could throw Gomez in as the link from midfield to the forwards and not miss a beat in the middle.
    I doubt we move away from 4 at the back at all for the rest of the year.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He deserves better than what he is getting from pretty much everyone here.
    He thinks so too.

TBF, I'd take Yallop over Floro.
    I doubt he'll take the job again though. Not that the CSA is done with Floro anyway.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Just got emailed this

The regular season is winding down and every game is important! Your Reds need you in your seats supporting. Show up early for your chance to win 2016 Season Seats for Free!

Be sure to scan your ticket by 1:45 PM at BMO Field this Saturday, September 26th and be in your seats for the first half to be eligible to win!

This will be going on each game for the rest of the season.
    That's actually a really smart move IMO! Now 2pm on a Saturday this time of year is nuts, there is so much else happening. I'm going to have to seriously piss off the family if I want to be there on time. But this will have me trying harder. Chance to win your season tickets; chance for more concession sales at BMO, etc.

I came very late to one of the recent games, I was feeling horrible. Then I couldn't believe the masses of people casually still streaming towards the stadium.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Happy to see the notice go out because it means every player - barring injury - will be there for every game and there will be no games missed for USMNT call-ups.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since we've been discussing what is wrong with this team (here and in the Yallop thread), thought I'd point this out. Moving Rolfe out was probably the biggest single mistake they have made

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...th-d-c-united/
    The biggest single mistake they made was moving Jeff Larentowicz to center back after being a defensive mid his entire career, then expecting him to not only start every week but anchor the backline. Chicago has lots of options going forward but a defense that sometimes makes ours look competent.

Rolfe is good; they moved him because he gets injured a lot and drifts in and out of games. But they could have used him, for sure; he's been like his old self at DC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    That's actually a really smart move IMO! Now 2pm on a Saturday this time of year is nuts, there is so much else happening. I'm going to have to seriously piss off the family if I want to be there on time. But this will have me trying harder. Chance to win your season tickets; chance for more concession sales at BMO, etc.

I came very late to one of the recent games, I was feeling horrible. Then I couldn't believe the masses of people casually still streaming towards the stadium.
    Steven Caldwell was on the radio the other day imploring people to show up on time for morale reasons. This really pisses me off; I live 2000 miles away and get to go to maybe one game a year, and those who can go every week just blame traffic. LEAVE. EARLIER.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There really is no excuse to being late other than when maybe the ex was on or subways were down. People just need to leave early. It would also be great if we could start doing some choreography/tifo like many of the other clubs do, but that requires everyone being in their seats on time. We are seriously lacking in this department.