Page 12 of 191 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will bet a beer that Curtis didn’t want him on the field, Dwyer was a better call. Say what you want …Legend!!! If senior management had anything to do with Jozy not getting his last game with TFC… MLSE time to step in and fire Curtis!!!
    Last edited by Bushmancan; 11-21-2021 at 10:00 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/TransfersMLS/sta...19221196398607

Gazzetta - L'unica offerta reale per Insigne è del Toronto. L'Inter è in stand-by, lo prenderebbe ad una sola condizione https://www.informazione.it/a/6C7B0B...ola-condizione

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    I’ve seen a few people attributing Jozy’s last minute illness to this decision. Please don’t tell me our management is so bad they decided to drop this on him before the game today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I’ve seen a few people attributing Jozy’s last minute illness to this decision. Please don’t tell me our management is so bad they decided to drop this on him before the game today.
    He didn't travel with the team yesterday. I wonder if he asked if they were going to buy him out, TFC said yes and he refused to play.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Based on Jozy's demeanor for the last few months, I think the possible exit strategies were all discussed back in August.

I doubt Jozy was the only one.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Insigne isn’t about good leadership or scouting. It is about mediocre management with lots of money. These guys are so brutal, crazy how both of those releases come out one after another. You win with a team, not with these clowns…. “All for One”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It’s really disappointing Jozy didn’t suit up for one final game. We really needed him today.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mowe View Post
    It’s really disappointing Jozy didn’t suit up for one final game. We really needed him today.
    Pure spec

Zavs wasn't there today because he was told & indicated "Guys, I'm tired from the WCQ anyways, give a slot on the bench to somebody else"

Jozy - I think the flu thing was real.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Pure spec

Zavs wasn't there today because he was told & indicated "Guys, I'm tired from the WCQ anyways, give a slot on the bench to somebody else"

Jozy - I think the flu thing was real.
    Zav was taken out in the last game with El Salvador after 38 due to injury. https://www.wakingthered.com/2021/11...ovember-window

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

“Terrence is a player that we’ve tracked for years during his time with the U.S. National Team and in Germany,” said Toronto FC General Manager Ali Curtis. “He is an experienced, attacking player that is capable of scoring goals in MLS.”

Do I need to post anything else why Curtis should be fired. We haven’t talked about this one in a while.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sucks that it had to end this way, but Jozy and TFC have long been headed towards divorce. This is the right thing for both club and player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right move but could this have been handled better like by a club announcement. Bush league stuff this way.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jozy deserves the farewell Justin Morrow got. I hope somebody somewhere understands this.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Jozy deserves the farewell Justin Morrow got. I hope somebody somewhere understands this.

100%

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Sadly we won’t get that chance now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sadly we won’t get that chance now.
    Instead, it'll be handled with cold vindictiveness because they blame Jozy for their buddy and ex-teammate Armas crashing and burning.

This pair will be entrenched there like a pair of cancerous tumors until fans in Toronto start protesting visibly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Starr View Post
    Right move but could this have been handled better like by a club announcement. Bush league stuff this way.
    Could the reason why there hasn't been a club announcement yet is because this has not been finalized yet??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm really starting to get the feeling that like half the roster is going to be turned over next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although i do feel that it was time for the club to part ways with Jozy, to do it this way and not allow him to receive the send off he deserves from the fans is simply criminal. Say what you want about his fitness and how injury prone he was, the fact of the matter is he is and forever will be a club legend. He scored what has to be the biggest goal in club history to date and will forever be part of the greatest team in history. If this is in fact the end of the line, all I have left to say is Thank you Jozy! It is a shame you will never get the send off your truly deserve from this club.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This wouldn't be the first time when a team makes a decision about a player & is beginning to wind up the "its time but man those memories" machine only for a journo to get wind & put the news out there early.

i.e. TFC didn't plan that tweet

My Dad died of cancer - no staff shenanigans ever can be compared to that.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    This wouldn't be the first time when a team makes a decision about a player & is beginning to wind up the "its time but man those memories" machine only for a journo to get wind & put the news out there early.
    i.e. TFC didn't plan that tweet
    Yeah, I guess you are right. That would involve a real PR plan and execution of it, remember we have seen Curtis holding a GAM shirt as his idea of a good tweet.

Oh this is soooo painful, when the only thing that motivates players to come to your team is money and not trophies, you get mercenaries. (trophy winners still get paid good money, but put the team is first).

MLSE take the checkbook away and blow this and the front office up. Do something decisive, Manning you are walking one step closer to the door. I would rather watch kids lose with a solid front office, than watch that shit yesterday. You can tell by the way the players turned it on in the last 7 minutes they have the talent but not motivation as a team.

You cannot win in football without a team. If your front office is incompetent, players eventually turn…. We have seen this live over the past year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Instead, it'll be handled with cold vindictiveness because they blame Jozy for their buddy and ex-teammate Armas crashing and burning.

This pair will be entrenched there like a pair of cancerous tumors until fans in Toronto start protesting visibly.
    Exactly

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post

I bet you they won't.

They'll do up a touching video with his goals and maybe a snippet of the speech from the victory parade and plaster it all over their social media. This is season membership sales time so they'll use this as a commercial. Sends a couple messages; first it's a nice warm, feely good thing about a club legend and secondly and more importantly, getting it out there that we have an open DP spot and the FO are going to do something.

None of this means they'll select the right player or any of that but moreso that we've gone back to the middle ages of TFC where advertising and seat sales trumps all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even if a journalist jumps the gun it shouldn’t be hard to have a pr statement ready to go. Again its obvious that this is for the best but the way Jozy has been handled all year has been horrendous and when you see what they did for Morrow you know that they have the ability to show class.

Jozy deserved better

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Jozy didn't play yesterday for a non-football reason, you can bet he will tell us all fairly soon.

Something tells me he is going to absolutely unload on TFC mgmt the day after his termination is sorted.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I doubt we see Jozy officially let go anytime soon. It makes sense to hold out hope that some other team will decide to trade for him. That said, I think he's officially bought out in January.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nothing with this franchise happens quickly/efficiently. Jozy will report to training camp and be bought out the following day or something stupid like that.

My take is Curtis/Manning dont want to eat the buyout and will look for a sale and trade as long as possible. Jozy and his agents want the buyout and leaked that to Romano last night to put pressure on the FO.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    My take is Curtis/Manning dont want to eat the buyout and will look for a sale and trade as long as possible. Jozy and his agents want the buyout and leaked that to Romano last night to put pressure on the FO.
    This makes a lot of sense but I think Jozy + agents & Manning/Curtis are over estimating his current value. Not sure he lands anywhere. He might effectively be retired now unless he is willing to accept a few hundred K on a one year deal somewhere. Nobody trading anything for him much less buying him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jozy would be crazy not to hold out for the buyout, not his fault he was gifted this contract. Nobody else will pay him like he's being paid now so why take a pay cut for no reason. I'd hold no ill will towards him whatsoever if he's holding out the full value of a contract he signed in good faith. The ball is firmly in Mannings court and a miracle trade is very unlikely to bail him out of this

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    The ball is firmly in Mannings court and a miracle trade is very unlikely to bail him out of this
    The way Curtis does deals the 2022 pre-season would be started before it got sorted anyway.