Page 41 of 44 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344 LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 1312
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Argos haven’t even played on this grass yet, how are people blaming them?

Last year was dumb to have TFC 2 play at BMO along with the Argos and TFC, they just over did it. Once they install the hybrid, the pitch wont be a problem anymore. The Argos only play 8 games at home, stop blaming them its pathetic.
    Last edited by Mikmacdo; 03-05-2019 at 11:51 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    The Argos haven’t even play on this grass how are people blaming them?

Last year was dumb to have TFC 2 play at BMO along with the Argos and TFC, they just over did it. Once they install the hybrid, the pitch wont be a problem anymore. The Argos only play 8 games at home, stop blaming them its pathetic.
    its the argos, they kill the middle of the field where the lineman are

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wasn't this new pitch laid after they Argos were done for the year?

Certainly them on it doesn't help during the season but it's not their fault that it was a sandlot a week ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post

Certainly them on it doesn't help during the season but it's not their fault that it was a sandlot a week ago.
    How's your lawn right now?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Finally someone with logic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paul-collins View Post
    Bit of salt on it, but virtually sandless.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Spurs did solve it by the way, but I don't think we'll be going the route of portable pitch we wheel in over the football field any time soon.
    Why not have a modular turf system you could overlay on top of the existing grass, like they used at Rayo OKC (RIP)?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    Why not have a modular turf system you could overlay on top of the existing grass, like they used at Rayo OKC (RIP)?
    Storage space

If the Ex moves & 2026 includes a revamp of one of the spaces on the sides of BMO, doable. Otherwise, can't see it happening.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seriously? Cmon, at least read the posts before spouting off like this.

The Argos presence here prevent us from installing desso, the one surface that works in the cold, because desso is a horror show for multi-use, and will break down once the Argos start playing. Desso only works long term when the pitch is soccer only.
    Last edited by ensco; 03-05-2019 at 01:38 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Seriously? Cmon, at least read the posts before spouting off like this.

The Argos presence here prevent us from installing desso, the one surface that works in the cold, because desso is a horror show for multi-use, and will break down once the Argos start playing. Desso only works long term when the pitch is soccer only.
    I know that we are installing SISGrass (apparently Celtic, Chelsea, Barca uses them), what is the difference between SISGrass and desso?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Argos Play from June to November. The New Sod was laid in May. The Pitch was bad most of last year and so ya the Argos are at fault if they weren't on it then you wouldn't have the wear and tear form their play, the change of the paint and the pitch is in a better condition at the end of the year.

That doesn't mean the Grounds Crew aren't at fault for not doing way way way better as I can't understand why it wasn't in better shape with the heating system and the grow lights. I don't recall any articles about people in liberty village bitching about the grow lights like they have in years past. Which may mean that either MLSE doesn't care and won't pay the grounds grew to keep the pitch right, The grounds crew screwed up, or the new pitch was damaged heavily last year.

So yes the Argos played a role in this.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They ripped up the pitch in November.

Installed a new one with the understanding that the weaving would take place in May (guess it needs to grow a bit).

So, yes, we have a new pitch & no its not yet what it will be & yes they are responsible for growing a decent one soon because we are going to play 5 home games between now & the end of April.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    Argos Play from June to November. The New Sod was laid in May. The Pitch was bad most of last year and so ya the Argos are at fault if they weren't on it then you wouldn't have the wear and tear form their play, the change of the paint and the pitch is in a better condition at the end of the year.

That doesn't mean the Grounds Crew aren't at fault for not doing way way way better as I can't understand why it wasn't in better shape with the heating system and the grow lights. I don't recall any articles about people in liberty village bitching about the grow lights like they have in years past. Which may mean that either MLSE doesn't care and won't pay the grounds grew to keep the pitch right, The grounds crew screwed up, or the new pitch was damaged heavily last year.

So yes the Argos played a role in this.
    It's a new pitch from last November. Why didn't they put in this desso grass before the Argos moved in two years ago? People need to stop bitching about the Argos. They play like two games at home a month, it shouldn't be a problem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a new pitch from last November. Why didn't they put in this desso grass before the Argos moved in two years ago? People need to stop bitching about the Argos. They play like two games at home a month, it shouldn't be a problem.
    Because it is a long expensive process and there was no way to know what kind of damage the Agros would do. If they damage Desso it is not easy to repair. That has been mentioned in other posts. I just went back to see. The team disgusted me so bad end of last season I didn't watch anything and so I missed that they changed the pitch last November. If Manning was being truthful in October and the pitch was indeed ripped up and changed out in the off season.. I think it is very obvious why the crew was fired. (if that is indeed what happened)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paul-collins View Post
    I clear a 10x10 area in the back so my dogs have some room to do their stuff and the grass is fine. Ground is as hard as cement but when the dogs or me run there's no sand flying all around.
    Last edited by Ultra & Proud; 03-05-2019 at 03:56 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    . I think it is very obvious why the crew was fired. (if that is indeed what happened)
    No indication anyone was fired. The head keeper moved up (to where I don't know), the others we have no info on.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lots of incomplete and/or false info floating around in here...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Lots of incomplete and/or false info floating around in here...

Well could call this the BMO Field Pitch Speculation Thread....

Its the internet - incomplete & false info is all we got - if we were journalists, we'd be watching Real Madrid lose and get paid for it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For what it's worth, many of the lower level positions were being advertised on twitter similarly, back in mid December.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I clear a 10x10 area in the back so my dogs have some room to do their stuff and the grass is fine. Ground is as hard as cement but when the dogs or me run there's no sand flying all around.
    I do the same, but of course I didn't rip it up and place a whole new substrate and sod in November.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For some odd reason they have TFC 11 scheduled to play all of their games at BMO this year. I thought they were suppose to play at Downsview?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sn0re View Post
    I know that we are installing SISGrass (apparently Celtic, Chelsea, Barca uses them), what is the difference between SISGrass and desso?
    Nothing really.

https://www.cp24.com/sports/after-mo...face-1.4136594

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFaD0jUe5LA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    For some odd reason they have TFC 11 scheduled to play all of their games at BMO this year. I thought they were suppose to play at Downsview?
    According to the TFC II website, some of the games are listed as being at Downsview, while others are still apparently TBD. But nowhere does it mention BMO Field:

https://www.torontofc.ca/tfcii/schedule

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    According to the TFC II website, some of the games are listed as being at Downsview, while others are still apparently TBD. But nowhere does it mention BMO Field:

https://www.torontofc.ca/tfcii/schedule
    From the USL League One website. https://slleagueone.com/toronto-fc-ii-schedulewww.u

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    This is the working link. https://www.uslleagueone.com/toronto-fc-ii-schedule

I wouldn't worry about it. Somebody at the league office has obviously got it wrong!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The field last night was night and day better than during the CCL game.

fantastic grass for a place that has been mostly below zero for the last month.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section_105 View Post
    The field last night was night and day better than during the CCL game.

fantastic grass for a place that has been mostly below zero for the last month.
    Agreed. The pitch looked decent compared to the sandy beach for CCL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The pitch last night was miles better than what we saw weeks ago against Panama. Funny what a little warmth, water, sunshine and patience can do with grass.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The pitch certainly looked very good. Astoundingly good given how dire it seemed 12 days ago.

Any indication from the players on how it played?

Anyone know when they were planning to sew in the hybrid fibres? I thought the plan was during the international break - which is now.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    The pitch certainly looked very good. Astoundingly good given how dire it seemed 12 days ago.

Any indication from the players on how it played?

Anyone know when they were planning to sew in the hybrid fibres? I thought the plan was during the international break - which is now.
    In April.

Looking at the schedule, it should be between the April 6th and April 19th games the fibres get sewn in.
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018