Hybrid View

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Six posts with 36 hours to go?

The Santos Laguna pregame thread in 2012 was 23 pages.
    http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showth...=santos+laguna
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

The majority of TFC discussion has moved to other platforms: instagram, facebook, and twitter.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakTFC View Post
    The majority of TFC discussion has moved to other platforms: instagram, facebook, and twitter.
    Anytime I go on those platforms, all I find worth reading is news stories. The comments are mostly hopeless. Maybe I don’t know where to look...
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anytime I go on those platforms, all I find worth reading is news stories. The comments are mostly hopeless. Maybe I don’t know where to look...

The Discussion Board seems to have died a death in general - which is a shame really. FB and Twitter aren't anywhere as good in quality...not that some of the posts on here aren't pish - but is nearly impossible to have a decent chat on those platforms. Maybe I'm just getting too old.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey all... I will unfortunately be in Montreal tomorrow night on business and will need to find a bar to watch the game at. Anyone know a good sports bar in the Griffintown area? I will be relatively close to the Bell Centre so I imagine I can find a spot around there that will show the match but I would welcome any suggestions.

Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, for what it's worth, a friend of mine flew home to Toronto from Mexico City over the weekend and the Club America players were on his flight. Sounds like they're a bunch of seat-kicking, video game-playing juveniles with a bad attitude. It's funny they flew Economy on a commercial flight, too!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can always go to McLeans pub on peel st, which is about a 5-10 minute walk from the Bell Centre. They are very TFC friendly there - upstairs bar you can ask them for the TFC game to be put on, and they should be able to take care of you. That place was full of TFC fans pre-game before heading out to Olympic stadium. If Vanessa is bartending upstairs, tell her Ron from Toronto sent you

Quote Originally Posted by surtandoom View Post
    Hey all... I will unfortunately be in Montreal tomorrow night on business and will need to find a bar to watch the game at. Anyone know a good sports bar in the Griffintown area? I will be relatively close to the Bell Centre so I imagine I can find a spot around there that will show the match but I would welcome any suggestions.

Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We're spoiled now. Back then, every move -- every decision -- worried the shit out of us. Now, we know the team is likely to perform well because it's focussed and we trust our coach.

Rare. But it leads to a malaise on discussing things.

Personally, I used to spend more time analyzing the games and performance etc and posted more often, but my interest in debate has abandoned me with age. I'm busy trying to juggle a home business/writing career, and am usually content to read others' comments and watch the game.

Still don't miss a minute, though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Slow build with some of the fans and casuals. Come the final, they will come around. All I know is I will be nervous as heck watching tomorrow. Come on TFC. I want to win !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reddit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Reddit.
    Am I looking at the right thing? This has 11 posts

https://www.reddit.com/r/tfc/comment...erica_toronto/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Am I looking at the right thing? This has 11 posts

https://www.reddit.com/r/tfc/comment...erica_toronto/
    i don’t actually know, sorry Ensco, I use the forum but my son is always quoting posts from Reddit.