Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Letters and emails to TFC

Starting a new thread and hope to get the support of the group.

I realize not everyone felt comfortable protesting at a game or at Gate 4. some of us are too good looking to use a paper bag (Pete, I'm looking at you!)

I do think we can all agree that MLSE needs to do a couple of things. First, we need a president of football. Second, we would like better communications about the future of this club.

The Plan

i propose letters and emails to Tom Anselmi, the board and owners. contact info shouldn't be hard to find. emails are easy. but i think sitting down and writing a letter shows more passion and commitment.

I'd like to suggest we stick to two points.

1. bringing in someone with North American soccer experience with a proven track record as president.

2. If MLSE is already doing this we'd like to ask for a public announcement that this is the direction TFC is going. we have to be realistic, the hiring process could take time. a public commitment will go a very long way in winning us back.

I'd like to keep the correspondence respectful. If we want to be heard the message has to be delivered properly.

like Marshal McLuhan said, "It's not what you say, but how you say it!"

I will search for the rest of the addresses and hopefully find emails. If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated.

tanselmi@mapleleafsports.com
    50 Bay St. Suite 500
    Toronto ON M5J 2L2

Scotia Plaza, Suite 2700,
    40 King Street West,
    Toronto, Ontario M5H 3Y2

Email: general@kilmergroup.com

dlastman@goodmans.ca
    Bay Adelaide Centre
    333 Bay Street, Suite 3400
    Toronto, ON M5H 2S7

nadir.mohamed@rci.rogers.com
    333 Bloor Street East
    Toronto, Ontario M4W 1G9

1 Ted Rogers Way
    Toronto ON M4Y 3B7

Mary Ann Turcke
    EVP - Field Services
    Phone: (416) 215-8100
    Mobile: (416) 559-1148
    Fax: (416) 971-6440
    Postal Address: 483 BAY ST. (BTS) 6N TORONTO (Ontario) Canada M5G 2C9
    Email: maryann.turcke@bell.ca

George Cope
    President and CEO - BCE Inc. & Bell
    Phone: (416) 353-3500
    Fax: (416) 345-8664
    Postal Address: 1000 DE LA GAUCHETIERE O. 3700 MONTREAL (Quebec) Canada H3B 4Y7
    Email: george.cope@bell.ca

We are good to go. phone numbers for Cope and Turcke are still the same.

Let's aim to start mailing next week. Any thoughts on this?
    Last edited by Belfast_Boy; 10-27-2012 at 12:40 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd share your own msg to them here if I were you, M.

A good highlight would be "phrasing to avoid" to maximize how many voices get heard. We can only assume that the less crazy and accusatory they sound, the less of them SHOULD stay out of the round bin and on the desk where they belong.

Just suggesting. I'll consider what I'd like to say to new COO myself.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Does anyone have the contact info handy? Maybe this could be added to the OP.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TOBOR THE GREAT ! View Post
    Does anyone have the contact info handy? Maybe this could be added to the OP.
    I have already found some. when I get the list completed I will add it to the beginning of the thread.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

their goal is an interactive and engaging soccer experience. lets show them that we appreciate that commitment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Belfast_Boy View Post

their goal is an interactive and engaging soccer experience. lets show them that we appreciate that commitment.

Interaction they shall have!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Scotia Plaza, Suite 2700,
    40 King Street West,
    Toronto, Ontario M5H 3Y2

Email: general@kilmergroup.com
    Damn, didn't know Larry's office is at Scotia Plaza. I used to work in that building. Would have paid him a visit and offered a coffee, along with a side of "Get your team's sh*t together".

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    A good highlight would be "phrasing to avoid" to maximize how many voices get heard. We can only assume that the less crazy and accusatory they sound, the less of them SHOULD stay out of the round bin and on the desk where they belong.
    this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you've found the one group of people less receptive to a letter writing campaign than members of parliament.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MartinUtd View Post
    I think you've found the one group of people less receptive to a letter writing campaign than members of parliament.
    perhaps, but there's a hell of a lot of typing and writing on these boards that is either full of crap or ignored. why not do the same thing and try to effect change?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

U Sector were invited again and they politely said no thank you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about this:

Dear Sir,

I have been a fan of Toronto FC for X years. I used to love going to BMO field on Game Day but lately there hasn't been much to enjoy - everyone seems to be going through the motions. I think this is because there has been no communication of direction or vision from the TFC Front Office since the firing of Aron Winter.

What Toronto FC needs right now is a dedicated, soccer-savvy President knowledgable about the North American game. This person should come from outside the organization with a mandate to build a winning soccer organization with minimal interference from the Board, such as Bryan Colangelo is doing with the Toronto Raptors.

I would like to recommend Peter Wilt as a possible candidate for the position. He has experience building up the Chicago Fire MLS team, is well respected in North American soccer circles, and has a sound organizational philosophy. He is also reported to have an interest in Toronto FC.

Thank you for considering this letter.

Sincerely,

<your name here>
    Do you think that could work as a template? Would anyone care to build on this? Remember that when dealing with board members, they really don't have time to read long letters - they have to be short, succinct and to the point.

I just chose Peter Wilt because I think he is what TFC needs, but anyone can replace that paragraph with a brief description of their prefered candidate and reasons why he would be good for the job. That would at least help the Board come up with a short list of candidates since nobody else at MLSE seems to know what to do with TFC.
    Last edited by Initial B; 10-25-2012 at 09:20 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great initiative.

If you REALLY want to get their attention, let them know your CC'ing their major partners that this is what you'd like to see as a supporter of the club.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    How about this:

Do you think that could work as a template? Would anyone care to build on this? Remember that when dealing with board members, they really don't have time to read long letters - they have to be short, succinct and to the point.

I just chose Peter Wilt because I think he is what TFC needs, but anyone can replace that paragraph with a brief description of their prefered candidate and reasons why he would be good for the job. That would at least help the Board come up with a short list of candidates since nobody else at MLSE seems to know what to do with TFC.
    I think that's great. I'd like people to post what they are sending in this thread. we can feed off each other for ideas.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

for this to be effective we need numbers. to get numbers we have to stop all the in fighting and jabs at each other.
    we need to be taken seriously. for that to happen we need passion, not anger.
    Post your drafts and ideas in this thread. I'll work on contact info. Invite friends that are supporters to join in.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this is my first draft. it needs a little work. please let me know if I have any spelling or grammar mistakes.

Dear Tom

Hire a f--king president already!!!

Someone that knows what they are doing! Not like the asshats you already have working there!

Sincerely

Mark Ferris

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Er, you might want to use a little more... um... tact.

You might also want to add that if the position goes to anyone in the organization you'll cancel your season tickets.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Er, you might want to use a little more... um... tact.

You might also want to add that if the position goes to anyone in the organization you'll cancel your season tickets.

yeah.... your letter is much better.

had to make a joke out of it. i'm getting too stressed about this stuff.

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Nadir Mohamed's face looks like it was photoshopped onto his head at 90% ratio.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

are you surprised? i wouldn't have even bothered asking them.
    most (not all) of them probably enjoy the shit show they are seeing and would like more piled on top.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMacphisto View Post
    Great initiative.

If you REALLY want to get their attention, let them know your CC'ing their major partners that this is what you'd like to see as a supporter of the club.
    I think that's a brilliant idea... it will in the vary least help to get there attention and pay more serious attention to our message...... that being said, who has those email/mailing adress? might be hard to find

I'm keeping my letter short and to the point
    -LOVE TFC & Love my city
    -Afraid that the direction were going, will ulitamity lead to this clubs demise. the lose of fan interest and the general laughing stock this team has become vary ominous
    -Bring in someone who can prevent this from happening and turn this Club into Something we are all proud of again!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To say their reply was polite is, well, far too polite on your part mark ... some of their replies were outrageously disgraceful and malicious.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

perhaps, but there's a hell of a lot of typing and writing on these boards that is either full of crap or ignored. why not do the same thing and try to effect change?
    Ha, that's awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by TOBOR THE GREAT ! View Post
    Nadir Mohamed's face looks like it was photoshopped onto his head at 90% ratio.
    Make sure to include that info in your letter to him.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lobo View Post
    To say their reply was polite is, well, far too polite on your part mark ... some of their replies were outrageously disgraceful and malicious.
    I'd be that angry too if I'd never seen a woman naked. or they had a hard day on WOW.
    Last edited by Belfast_Boy; 10-25-2012 at 04:06 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry guys I've done nothing today about getting the other contact info.
    Will try to do more on the weekend. If anyone else feels like chipping in I would appreciate it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suck when comes to writing letters, but I will try to write a short letter and get someone to edit it for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about this:

I wouldn't give suggestion who exactly they should hire. Just tell them to hire a president with soccer experience. But besides that, your letter is nice and short.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about this:

Trust me on this: do NOT send a form letter, which is what a "template" is. Organizations generally don't respect them; they give them no sense of how tied the concern is to their consumer base. Personal messages that are polite are much more effective.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, and don't post your letters here. If someone was sending me a letter, I wouldn't want its contents publicly discussed before I'd had a chance to do so personally or privately.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sent a letter to every member of the board today, and a slightly different one to Tanenbaum. This is a great idea, and I urge as many of you as possible to get involved.

EDIT: I'll let you know if I get anything back.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens