Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Ahh. If Kamara taps that ball in late in the conference final, you wouldn’t think that.

I like this one better I think. But then again, I believe.
    You are the eternal optimist sir. Perhaps I can interest you in some old shares of Nortel that I still possess. I hear a comeback is imminent.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^I don’t think you understand what I am saying.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A neutral would have enjoyed that second half but thought the first was poorly played.

On another note, I remain unconvinced of Ricketts as a player who takes up space that frees Giovinco. The second half charge came through us putting things out wide with Auro & VDW. Ricketts didn't seem involved much in play build up. He did find a few pockets on occasion but its noticable that Haglund as a last few minutes power forward was more effective.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ahh. If Kamara taps that ball in late in the conference final, you wouldn’t think that.

or if bradley wright phillips doesnt miss that little chip in over bono in game 2 at bmo in the conference semi final

last year would have been tragic
    this game can be tragic
    Last edited by stevep; 06-13-2018 at 11:02 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    or if bradley wright phillips doesnt miss that little chip in over bono

last year would have been tragic
    But it didn't, which is why last year was so special. The same thing could be said about Delgado vs. Chivas, which is why the CCL wasn't so special. In sports there is often a fine line between victory and defeat.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have been fragile. We all know that Philly game could have been very different.

I feel that the players need to feel positive emotion from the stands, regardless of score or game situation.
    boy this was presceint Ensco.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    I still think this team is way too overconfident ... maybe even arrogant.

They still don't feel like they're in any trouble or there's anything to worry about, but they better fucking start playing desperate right now or we truly are fucked.
    Thats how I see it. They need to learn humility

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, I committed one of the cardinal sins of football – I turned the game off at half-time – but despite how exciting the second-half was, still, a point at home against a team we needed to beat isn't what we needed.

So let's hope – BIG HOPE – that the comeback is what sparks the mentality change and that TFC approach the rest of the season with the same grit and guts they showed today and actually manage to string a winning streak together.

Because they have to stop walking out on the field expecting to win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    Well, I committed one of the cardinal sins of football – I turned the game off at half-time – but despite how exciting the second-half was, still, a point at home against a team we needed to beat isn't what we needed.

So let's hope – BIG HOPE – that the comeback is what sparks the mentality change and that TFC approach the rest of the season with the same grit and guts they showed today and actually manage to string a winning streak together.

Because they have to stop walking out on the field expecting to win.
    you think you made a mistake
    I left BMO field at halftime

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have we ever gotten a result down 3 before?

They clawed their way out of a very deep hole. Twice.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed, IF TFC can get fully healthy and on the pitch at the same time. They will make the playoffs and then go on an amazing run in the playoffs.

Last night felt like 2015 all over again, scoring bunches of goals abut couldn't defend if their life depended on it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Holy CRAP.....what a game....

Pretty obvious that the change at halftime was a positive one, Hagglund and Zavaleta needed help as they were getting sliced up.
    And even in the Philly game before this, even though we won, Hagglund and Hernandez were having a hell of a time, but thankfully Bono bailed them out.

This team cannot go with 2 CBs until Mavinga comes back, because the rest don't have the athleticism to cut it.
    Maybe they can put vdW as a CB if need be, but we need at least one mobile CB in there.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You could see Ricketts getting frustrated this game.
    He was making runs, asking for the ball, but he was barely played to.

Maybe he was out of position or too covered too often?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Tifoso View Post
    Maybe they can put vdW as a CB if need be, but we need at least one mobile CB in there.....
    VDV needs to get to the RB role, as soon as possible. Auro is a good player and has been much better than expected but the lax defending on occasion is really costing us. If VDW plays as well on that side as Morrow does on the left we will be a lot closer to sorting things out.

Edit: top of the shopping list right now should be a new CB. Healthy, solid, and leadership material. Other areas we may well sort out with guys coming off the injury list... CB not so confident.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 06-14-2018 at 09:33 AM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not even lying, I think Hagglund should be our starting striker until Altidore is back... my lineup next game

--------Giovinco----Hagglund
    Osorio---Vasquez---Bradley---Aketxe
    Morrow---Zavaleta----VDW----Auro
    --------------Bono

Once Jozy and Mavinga and Moor are back then we can go back to normal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    VDV needs to get to the RB role, as soon as possible. Auro is a good player and has been much better than expected but the lax defending on occasion is really costing us. If VDW plays as well on that side as Morrow does on the left we will be a lot closer to sorting things out.

Edit: top of the shopping list right now should be a new CB. Healthy, solid, and leadership material. Other areas we may well sort out with guys coming off the injury list... CB not so confident.
    I agree.....and I think that really is what the plan was until the injury list grew.

On another note, Hagglung has 4 career MLS goals, both from braces......he is now "The Most Interesting Goalscorer in the World"

"I may not always score goals....but when I do, I prefer a brace.".........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    A neutral would have enjoyed that second half but thought the first was poorly played.
    You mean TFC played poorly in the opening stages of a game this season? I'm shocked...

At least they are getting better... pressing teams are scoring in the first 15 instead of first 10 now... so I guess that is progress.

The Team still isn't able to handle it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NK Toronto View Post
    Games like tonight really make MLS look bad. I can't remember a game in which 5 goals were scored in one half. Most of the goals tonight were not scored because of great plays, but rather because of guys being caught up the field, players out of position, or lack of marking. On Osorio's goal he was left alone in the middle of the box with no D.C. player within 20 feet of him.

I don't understand how professional players can play with such a disregard for the fundamentals. I thought that Vanney was this master tactician but he has to take the blame for allowing this type of play. At the end of last season there was all kinds of speculation that he would be under consideration for the U.S. MNT job, but his stock is falling faster than Tesla.
    It had nothing to do with tactics. It was the wind advantage that 7 of 8 goals were scored on the south side.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by michaeltfc91 View Post
    Not even lying, I think Hagglund should be our starting striker until Altidore is back... my lineup next game

--------Giovinco----Hagglund
    Osorio---Vasquez---Bradley---Aketxe
    Morrow---Zavaleta----VDW----Auro
    --------------Bono

Once Jozy and Mavinga and Moor are back then we can go back to normal
    Agreed. Beat me to it.

Our attack looks way better with him up there. He can hold up the ball and is a huge threat in the box.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lennon View Post
    Agreed. Beat me to it.

Our attack looks way better with him up there. He can hold up the ball and is a huge threat in the box.
    Agreed but I dont think Zavs is ready

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Defoe View Post
    Zavaleta is going to get Mark Bloom'd soon. Terrible player.

I agree with the fan who said Justin Morrow was the difference.

As to most valuable; I think Altidore is important; but considering we are scoring the lights out; I'd say Mavinga and Morrow are more important. Every one of our starting 11 is important though.
    Mavinga was the VV of 2017. He is the leagues best CB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Despite what most people here are saying, suggesting that this poor play from TFC is NOT injury related, I just have to say have a look at the back line we have been, and still are using. Mavinga was one of the best, if not THE best defenders in the league last year. Drew Moor, same thing. Morrow, well he also happens to be one of the best in the league at his position.

If you go back to the year before last, we were missing Mavinga, a type of player that make a average or below average defense great. We gave up goals that year, but were able to score more, and had a decent season. This is what we are seeing now, simple as that. Missing 3 top notch players from our starting back line is costing us far too many goals plain and simple. They are not always obvious like Zavaletas last night, but there are many small factors that are leading to goals(especially when Bradley was in CB) that would likely have been prevented with our healthy regular defenders.

Now lets just add our top attacking threat and target man in Jozy to the list. He is not replaceable, and we are all finding that out now. His hold up and goals are simply costing us games.

Players out of position is also contributing I feel, and once some continuity is established, they will start being like last season.

Lastly, up until last game, even for players returning from injury, who is as 100 percent cardio-wise as they were last season? Im guessing none, because that takes many games, and minutes.

This of course doesn't mean we will correct everything, start performing as quickly as we need, and win a bunch of games, but it sure does explain(at least in my eye's) why we are where we are. I would not expect to be higher up the table.

If we are healthy, we are the best team in this league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    Mavinga was the VV of 2017. He is the leagues best CB
    Wasn't VV the VV of 2017?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Wasn't VV the VV of 2017?
    technically yes, lol

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TMAN80 View Post
    Despite what most people here are saying, suggesting that this poor play from TFC is NOT injury related, I just have to say have a look at the back line we have been, and still are using. Mavinga was one of the best, if not THE best defenders in the league last year. Drew Moor, same thing. Morrow, well he also happens to be one of the best in the league at his position.

If you go back to the year before last, we were missing Mavinga, a type of player that make a average or below average defense great. We gave up goals that year, but were able to score more, and had a decent season. This is what we are seeing now, simple as that. Missing 3 top notch players from our starting back line is costing us far too many goals plain and simple. They are not always obvious like Zavaletas last night, but there are many small factors that are leading to goals(especially when Bradley was in CB) that would likely have been prevented with our healthy regular defenders.

Now lets just add our top attacking threat and target man in Jozy to the list. He is not replaceable, and we are all finding that out now. His hold up and goals are simply costing us games.

Players out of position is also contributing I feel, and once some continuity is established, they will start being like last season.

Lastly, up until last game, even for players returning from injury, who is as 100 percent cardio-wise as they were last season? Im guessing none, because that takes many games, and minutes.

This of course doesn't mean we will correct everything, start performing as quickly as we need, and win a bunch of games, but it sure does explain(at least in my eye's) why we are where we are. I would not expect to be higher up the table.

If we are healthy, we are the best team in this league.
    This is the way I see it too. People I know who are casual fans keep asking me what's wrong with TFC these days. I don't give them this much detail. If they really followed the team they would know. I just tell them injury issues. End of story. Can't wait until we can have full strength again. Just look at what bringing a single starter like Morrow did for the offense yesterday. I think we are still the best team in the league when healthy. Unfortunately we haven't really seen that team much at all this year. MLS teams can count themselves lucky if they can get their games against TFC in before TFC get back to full strength.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by benito View Post
    they posted a message on Facebook.

Read the complete post.
    https://www.facebook.com/20635501955...9425655910065/
    If they don't show up, it's their wasted dime, I was asked why they weren't at the game, and my response was they are probably having some sort of protest, because of something the group collectively did to piss someone off, again, I really didn't miss them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    This is the way I see it too. People I know who are casual fans keep asking me what's wrong with TFC these days. I don't give them this much detail. If they really followed the team they would know. I just tell them injury issues. End of story. Can't wait until we can have full strength again. Just look at what bringing a single starter like Morrow did for the offense yesterday. I think we are still the best team in the league when healthy. Unfortunately we haven't really seen that team much at all this year. MLS teams can count themselves lucky if they can get their games against TFC in before TFC get back to full strength.
    Yup, was almost getting used to Morgan down the left, then Telfer, and VDW as well. They all did great, and played a part, but man, when Morrow came on last game, he really changed everything, and I could clearly see how important he is for us. That's the difference between a decent/average team, and a championship one.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NK Toronto View Post
    I've read from some posters here that Zavaleta is related to Vanney. Is that true?
    Vanney is his uncle. However all indications are that Vanney is tougher on Zaveleta not easier.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Vanney is his uncle. However all indications are that Vanney is tougher on Zaveleta not easier.
    Zavaleta has shown 100x over that he is a decent to better MLS domestic player. I worried about this in 2015 but stopped thinking about it long ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Zavaleta has shown 100x over that he is a decent to better MLS domestic player. I worried about this in 2015 but stopped thinking about it long ago.
    He got burned on Wednesday because he's still recovering. I'll cut him some slack.

But people are absolutely correct, Mavinga and Moor are the real losses. (I am remembering how much y'all were shitting all over Moor last season, and now you see directly what his absence leads to)

... Mavinga is my favourite defender, pretty close to my favourite player on the team to be honest.