0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pigfynn View Post
    paper airplanes were also thrown according to Pat Tabler
    thank goodness for flip-down glasses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When my wife saw this on TV just now, the first thing she said was "they're going to blame you guys"

hahahaha

...wait

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Blue View Post
    Let there be a dry game ...... it will only hurt MLSE, not my gameday experience
    Indeed. Can't recall the last time I bought a beer at BMO Field.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have not gone to jays game in 15 yrs, after seeing that display...i will never go back..
    hide the women and kids,baseball is back...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    i have not gone to jays game in 15 yrs, after seeing that display...i will never go back..
    hide the women and kids,baseball is back...
    I wasn't at the game, but I have it from 10-12 sources that three infants were thrown over the 500-level railing into the waiting fists of baseball hooligans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sportscentre said two baseballs and other debris was thrown onto the field. Then joked about beer bottles being thrown, as the only way the Tigers could win (through forfeiture).

Banned
    When will people learn that passion doesnt make you good at football
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    They better make hooligans at of these Jay fans... otherwise we are dealing with a double standard...
    so you want the media to be ignorant and inappropriate to everyone? that's no good dude, now you're just projecting Cathal's hate onto other people. hopefully they get the commentary correct and dont paint a group with a vague brush

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James Oliphant View Post
    I wasn't at the game, but I have it from 10-12 sources that three infants were thrown over the 500-level railing into the waiting fists of baseball hooligans.
    lol...maybe they also check you-tube....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://sports.theglobeandmail.com/se...l_gam_mostview

"During the bottom of the eighth inning, when the Blue Jays scored their final three runs, the Tigers players were ordered into their dugout after fans threw baseballs into the outfield on two separate occasions. The game was delayed for nine minutes before the umpires deemed it safe for them to return."

Baseballs being thrown at baseball games. Oh those hooligans ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The concept of dry games pisses me off no end.

Back home, they banned alcohol in the stands just before I was old enough to actually drink.

After attending over a hundred games in England, it wasn't until TFC that I actually held a beer in my hands while watching a game of football.

It's still a treasured memory of mine, that game against KC, Breezing through the gate, after showing my ticket to a friendly young fox, having a piss, grabbing a beer off a vendor and waltzing to my seat, beer in hand, in a matter of minutes. Inconceivable back home. For just a short time, I was smitten by this wonderful canadian way of doing things.

Now all that is fading away like a pleasant dream you just can't remember upon waking.

Now it takes over fifteen minutes just to get through the gate, no beer vendors and one tap servicing a massive lineup of individuals who are each buying multiple beers.
    But at least I can take the beer to my seat.

Fuck 'Dry games' that's the final nail in the coffin that is. An admission that we can't be better than anywhere else. For all of you who wanted it to be more like 'back home' well you got your wish, hope you like it better this way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by H Bomb View Post
    so you want the media to be ignorant and inappropriate to everyone? that's no good dude, now you're just projecting Cathal's hate onto other people. hopefully they get the commentary correct and dont paint a group with a vague brush
    How can you be so reasonable when a situation like this clearly calls for panic? The Hitler Youth took over the Rogers Centre and PEOPLE WERE TASERED!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wore my tfc jersey to the game, and wow did some of the jays fans give me sh*t. Also, i don't recall anyone throwing baseballs but the paper airplanes were flying from every section.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by adam1001 View Post
    I wore my tfc jersey to the game, and wow did some of the jays fans give me sh*t. Also, i don't recall anyone throwing baseballs but the paper airplanes were flying from every section.

This is what ticks me off the most. This is the environment Wheeler and Kelly have contributed to. And without good reason. Assholes.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im interested to hear what was said to you, specifically

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was you wasn't it. You incited a riot!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't worry about it,they will be back to 12000 old farts at the game tomorrow...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

who wants to volunteer to call McCown tomorrow and ask him to discuss the incident on his round table? I'm certainly gonna try to get through........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRed View Post
    It was you wasn't it. You incited a riot!
    This is it, isn't it?

There is an environment now where wherever you go while wearing the TFC shirt you are representing what the team's supporters are and what the team's supporters are right now, according to the Toronto press is a
    bunch of________________________________!

SAD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not gonna answer for FluSH here, but since I agreed with him...

What I want is some sort of a level playing field. Obviously I'd rather not see anyone skewered in the manner we were, but since we were, then the same standard needs to be applied to fans of all sports if this type of reporting is to be considered anywhere near "fair".

Either no one gets the shitty, biased, hyperbolic treatment we received last week or everyone does. Anything else is a double-standard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was at the game.. saw the first paper airplane (good work whoever made it, at least it made it past the foul line ) from the section right next to me. Then everyone decided it was the cool thing to do and there were literally at least 10 of those flying around within the next 5 minutes from around me. Ridiculous behaviour by (from what I saw) a bunch of kids who drank too much for their own good. I had 4 people ejected from my section for throwing shit, one actually hit the guy sitting right in front of me with a paper airplane made of his/her ticket (whoever's in 513, row 24 seat 2, you're an idiot ). There were cops on the 500 level too when some fans (either jays or tigers) started arguing or something and refused to leave.

A guy wearing the TFC training jacket got onto the big screen though, props to him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Blue View Post
    Let there be a dry game ...... it will only hurt MLSE, not my gameday experience
    We asked Paul B about the possibility of dry games at BMO this year. He replied "I can't talk about it but we're working on it."

So it isn't rumour. There is something at play (I'd imagine that that's where MLS-Rumors got its tip from...)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This wasn't a dry game there was a picture of a bunch of lads with beers before the game. This isn't going to be a big front page story as our trip to Columbus was. Is it a anti-soccer campain in the media? I sure think so. There going to make excuses and down play this as much as possible....and it's a fucking joke. Where is the integraty of the writers and editors and managers at the Sun and Star? Pure fucking anti-soccer retoric. Fuck the Sun. Fuck the Star. Fuck the Toronto media. Get over it your oldage sports in baseball and hockey can't get the support a foreign sport can, and it scares the hell out of them.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James Oliphant View Post
    . Obviously I'd rather not see anyone skewered in the manner we were, but since we were, then the same standard needs to be applied to fans of all sports if this type of reporting is to be considered anywhere near "fair".

Either no one gets the shitty, biased, hyperbolic treatment we received last week or everyone does. Anything else is a double-standard.
    so since we've suffered, everyone else must suffer or else it isn't fair? This is a very very strange thing to think. You want innocents to be punished because you were, and I very much hope this is not the party line

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRed View Post
    The concept of dry games pisses me off no end.

Back home, they banned alcohol in the stands just before I was old enough to actually drink.

After attending over a hundred games in England, it wasn't until TFC that I actually held a beer in my hands while watching a game of football.

It's still a treasured memory of mine, that game against KC, Breezing through the gate, after showing my ticket to a friendly young fox, having a piss, grabbing a beer off a vendor and waltzing to my seat, beer in hand, in a matter of minutes. Inconceivable back home. For just a short time, I was smitten by this wonderful canadian way of doing things.

Now all that is fading away like a pleasant dream you just can't remember upon waking.

Now it takes over fifteen minutes just to get through the gate, no beer vendors and one tap servicing a massive lineup of individuals who are each buying multiple beers.
    But at least I can take the beer to my seat.

Fuck 'Dry games' that's the final nail in the coffin that is. An admission that we can't be better than anywhere else. For all of you who wanted it to be more like 'back home' well you got your wish, hope you like it better this way.
    If we play like we did on Saturday I may have to resort to a mickey of scotch for medicinal purposes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i saw quite a few TFC supporters there tonight, and was happy to see that... i was the only one in an RPB scarf from what i could see.

glad to say i threw nothing.

people were throwing all kinds of shit. a couple of baseballs near the outfiled, and a bunch of paper airplanes from the 500 level.

a beer was thrown near me, and during the 10 minutes or so that the tigers were off, hot dogs and shit ended up in the outfield.

it was annoying. WE were winning. i don't get it.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has Toronto been overrun by idiots???

We are truly beginning to look bad in front of other audiences. Just what the hell is happening here?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow. this thread is lightin up like a christmas tree.
    look, i ve spent the last few days (if not the better part of the last 2+ years) defending our guys (all of the supporter groups) to co-workers, family members, customers, etc, EVERYBODY! and then this. what happened tonight was beautiful. sad to say, but i smiled like the cheshire cat in my lazy-boy while i was watching it unfold. not because it was right, because it most certainly wasnt. it was embarrasing and deplorable. but it was beautiful because all i could think of how this was an example of what weve been sayin all along (with apologies to steven brunt). that were not the only ones in town that get drinkin and rowdy at a game and cause some shit. but somehow, over and over, we get portrayed in the media as "hooligans" (with the notable exception of steven brunt of the globe - and kudos to him for that) as the only troublemakers in town. maybe this will make some people sit up and take notice. maybe this isnt a "soccer" thing after all. the live call in shows should be crackling tomorrow.
    busapunk nailed it. theyre all scared of this "soccer" thing taking hold over here on this side of the pond and threatening their traditional north american old school sports.

maj. douchebag
    Last edited by the-lower-eastsider; 04-06-2009 at 11:41 PM.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post

We are truly beginning to look bad in front of other audiences. Just what the hell is happening here?

it's the beginning of an uprising!

too many years of Toronto teams sucking ass!

Torontonians are starting to awaken from their years of numbness.

The revolution has begun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post

I believe the Blue Jays "firm" is calling us out. Anything you can do, we can do better. LOL

Seriously, ever read the research that shows when reporting on teen suicide goes up, so do teen suicide statistics in the following months/year? (not that I'm comparing the two whatsoever, merely the reporting side of it)

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so since we've suffered, everyone else must suffer or else it isn't fair? This is a very very strange thing to think. You want innocents to be punished because you were, and I very much hope this is not the party line
    there is nothing wrong with desiring consistency
    Quote Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
    I had my first King Dave experience[...]was blowing in my mouth all game.

I loved it, it tasted like Canada!