Page 169 of 191 FirstFirst ... 69119159165166167168169170171172173179 ... LastLast
Results 5,041 to 5,070 of 5705
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I imagine this is the end of any possible Seba return, now or ever.

That allocation slot is certainly going to be traded now, making the cost of a potential Seba return greater in the summer.

Also have to think Jozy’s exit plays a role here. Even though he’s allegedly going to Serie A, I don’t think a 4.5 month stay was necessarily the best move for him at this stage. Doubly so because he’s not even in form to play from day 1.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    My expectations:

We were 26th out of 27 teams in the league last year, and turned over the coach and GM. We were never obviously going to be “ready” to compete with the best teams on opening day.

I think BB won’t have “his” team in place for two more windows (ie 2023).

I am spending the year hoping we are competitive, and other than that mostly watching Osorio and worrying about his readiness for Qatar. That is how I am spending 2022.

(Will be doing the same with Miller and Johnston for Montreal and MAK)
    I was approaching this season the same kind of way. It is going to be a stretch to stay in contention this season especially when our marquee off season signing won't be here until July. If we happen to eek into the playoffs I will take it but won't be shocked if we don't. Next season however, I expect a cup run

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am sorry Seba won’t be here because I would have enjoyed the spectacle/storyline.

From a soccer POV he probably wasn’t that important, to the first half or otherwise. Wearing my TFC/CMNT development hat, Seba would have taken minutes from Okello or Akinola or Perruzza or whomever, and that would have been an issue too.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blindside16 View Post
    I was approaching this season the same kind of way. It is going to be a stretch to stay in contention this season especially when our marquee off season signing won't be here until July. If we happen to eek into the playoffs I will take it but won't be shocked if we don't. Next season however, I expect a cup run
    The target this year has to be winning the Voyageurs Cup. Anything above that will be nice to have. The team should be much stronger in years 2 and 3, need to put our selves in CCL contention this year to take advantage.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am sorry Seba won’t be here because I would have enjoyed the spectacle/storyline.

From a soccer POV he probably wasn’t that important, to the first half or otherwise. Wearing my TFC/CMNT development hat, Seba would have taken minutes from Okello or Akinola or Perruzza or whomever, and that would have been an issue too.
    I agree with this and I really hope Peruzza gets a solid shot.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ooof. I take it back.

Gio is not coming back in the summer. Somebody thinks they were doing him a favour and is not too happy with him.
    Interesting that that this got out, leaked, actually surprised TFC would want it want this way if true, especially if he has the offer to return to Italy as it appears.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Interesting that that this got out, leaked, actually surprised TFC would want it want this way if true, especially if he has the offer to return to Italy as it appears.
    Unless he was really off the pace and Bradley figured/told Manning he would never have a place in his team so they were just upfront about it. Prevents people getting all up in arms about it and have that distract from what they're building.

But now I see some rumors that some other MLS teams lower on the allocation list were interested but they're implying Cinci is asking for too much in return.
    Last edited by Ultra & Proud; 02-07-2022 at 10:34 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jesus cometh! Guessing we will see him starting up top against Dallas on the 28th.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is good progress. I am just baffled what we are going to do at fullback.

Maybe I’m a little too loyal to a guy who has the CN tower tattooed on his neck but all the same….

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

now who are we linked to lol, welcome aboard Jesus Jimenez

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm on record for being really high on Jimenez - he's not going to get beat by getting doubled on, preventing his dribbling or by getting boxed out, stopping him from poaching. He can do both and he'll tear up teams that cheat to one way of defending or the other.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    I'm on record for being really high on Jimenez - he's not going to get beat by getting doubled on, preventing his dribbling or by getting boxed out, stopping him from poaching. He can do both and he'll tear up teams that cheat to one way of defending or the other.
    I am too. This looks like the kind of under the radar signing that just fits in MLS and even though it's all YouTube, he does have obvious skills. For sure he probably has holes in his game too but what do you expect for regular roster money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    This is good progress. I am just baffled what we are going to do at fullback.

Maybe I’m a little too loyal to a guy who has the CN tower tattooed on his neck but all the same….
    I think Auro is a solid defender. He offers very little going forward. I do wonder if they've been told that, given his age and advanced foreign interest, they need to be starting JMR at right back.

He does have phenomenal recovery speed, he crosses really well. He looked like a scared lamb last season, as did Singh, but the obvious skill difference between them was telling as well. And he just spend the off season training with Arsenal and Liverpool (who apparently liked what they saw).

They might even have a gentlemen's agreement to give him as much playing time as possible, to make the appeal for his work permit that will be required (on the basis of exceptional talent) more likely to succeed.

Plus, BB is a nuts-and-bolts technical coach. His rep is developing youth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I am too. This looks like the kind of under the radar signing that just fits in MLS and even though it's all YouTube, he does have obvious skills. For sure he probably has holes in his game too but what do you expect for regular roster money.
    Also quite impressive that he lays off significant numbers of assists and can play as an all-purpose forward, comfortable anywhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I think Auro is a solid defender. He offers very little going forward. I do wonder if they've been told that, given his age and advanced foreign interest, they need to be starting JMR at right back.

He does have phenomenal recovery speed, he crosses really well. He looked like a scared lamb last season, as did Singh, but the obvious skill difference between them was telling as well. And he just spend the off season training with Arsenal and Liverpool (who apparently liked what they saw).

They might even have a gentlemen's agreement to give him as much playing time as possible, to make the appeal for his work permit that will be required (on the basis of exceptional talent) more likely to succeed.

im surprised they have not signed HG Franklin yet,he had a great year in usl last year and has potential to play some RB for the big club this season

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Over/under 10 for goals for Jesus.

I am taking the over.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme View Post
    Jiminez and Criscito are still only rumored? Or did I miss the signing? Are they as good as signed?
    First shoe drops! Yes!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guessing the next announcement will be Criscito if Manning is still heading to Italy today.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    im surprised they have not signed HG Franklin yet,he had a great year in usl last year and has potential to play some RB for the big club this season
    I think is simply is coming down to having him earn his deal in the preseason. I am sure that is the case for a handful of TFC2/DraftPick types.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Guessing the next announcement will be Criscito if Manning is still heading to Italy today.
    Are we not getting to a post where cap/tam/gam consideration will have to be considered?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are we not getting to a post where cap/tam/gam consideration will have to be considered?
    I think Criscito will be that 'point' as it were - he's probably going to be the last pick up where it'll be easy to buy him down due to the sheer amount of GAM/TAM we have.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post

Maybe a back 3 with JMR getting burn on the right side is the plan? Warm him up for sale (likely almost pre-agreed at this point) and then find our replacement in the summer.

Still don’t entirely love it but a lot can change in one year as a youth player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We still have plenty of room. We should still be able to add a Criscito and Destro with space to spare.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    We still have plenty of room. We should still be able to add a Criscito and Destro with space to spare.
    To be honest we have no idea what the actual room is . GAM can be used on existing contract . We simply do not know when GAM is used.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be honest we have no idea what the actual room is . GAM can be used on existing contract . We simply do not know when GAM is used.
    On my phone right now, but if you go through my post history there’s a link to a budget spreadsheet. Obviously some of it is a guess, but gives you a general idea of how much budget space we are working with. Still need to add JJ to it however.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Replying to ensco because I had to pick one Seba comment, but does anyone have a good understanding as to how the allocation order actually works? Would a loan have to come back into the league through the allocation list? Assuming we are doing Sampdoria a solid, by "letting" them sign Seba now since they need him short term, maybe they return the favour by loaning him back to us at the end of their season. Obviously this depends on if loaned players have to come back through the allocation list, but this could be an interesting end-around... Tinfoil hat off...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to this team restrospective on Jimenez's career, he didn't move to striker until 20/21. He actually scored 12 goals from the wing the season prior, which demonstrates the guy's versatility.

https://www.gornikzabrze.pl/aktualno...fc#cookieAgree

EDIT: .... and according to this TUDN article (Mexico?) we're now 'Super Toronto'.

https://www.tudn.com/futbol/mls/toro...ob-bradley-mls

I wonder if the Auro decision was partly because we need the international slot.
    Last edited by jloome; 02-07-2022 at 03:29 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Maybe a back 3 with JMR getting burn on the right side is the plan? Warm him up for sale (likely almost pre-agreed at this point) and then find our replacement in the summer.

Still don’t entirely love it but a lot can change in one year as a youth player.
    I think the amount he plays could be a good indicator of whether they already have a deal lined up to send him to Liverpool. They seemed really high on him there, but even hot youth prospects who can more easily win the permit appeal need regular first-team time to make the case.