Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

never mind a winger..the whole back 4 have to go,embarrassing school boy futbol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gracos View Post
    #VanneyOut #AliOut #TFCRestructure #Allforone

Your forgot #ManningOut
    Last edited by Blindside16; 05-27-2019 at 12:41 AM. Reason: grammer mistake

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We look like a sack of shit. That's just my observation.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uh, sack of shit was Chicago the week before.

Seriously, watch the rest of the league - our defence isn't good enough (consistently switches off 3-4 times per game) but our offence moves the ball around far better then most teams not named LAFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

Seriously, watch the rest of the league - our defence isn't good enough (consistently switches off 3-4 times per game) but our offence moves the ball around far better then most teams not named LAFC.
    Moves the ball around has has zero end product. It’s like a late-years, low budget, Arsene Wenger team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Moves the ball around has has zero end product. It’s like a late-years, low budget, Arsene Wenger team.
    Minus Granit Xhaka.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was at the game last night and what looked like an obvious penalty to me (sitting in direct line to the foul) on Laryea in the first few minutes was not called and not reviewed by VAR? What did they say and show on TV?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    Was at the game last night and what looked like an obvious penalty to me (sitting in direct line to the foul) on Laryea in the first few minutes was not called and not reviewed by VAR? What did they say and show on TV?
    Just Caldwell defending the refs call 🤦🏼

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    I sit in 119 and Laryea was chopped big time. How the ref, the linesman who was right there and VAR did not spot this 24/7 penalty was beyond belief!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by A Stick View Post
    I sit in 119 and Laryea was chopped big time. How the ref, the linesman who was right there and VAR did not spot this 24/7 penalty was beyond belief!

It was interesting as nobody on the team complained about it at the time & the ref went up to him like he had dove & was lucky to not get a yellow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Serious question: what was it that our FO saw in Terrence Boyd that ended up with him being signed?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DeRo2015 View Post
    Serious question: what was it that our FO saw in Terrence Boyd that ended up with him being signed?
    US passport. That's all it takes for this FO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was interesting as nobody on the team complained about it at the time & the ref went up to him like he had dove & was lucky to not get a yellow.
    It was right in front of us in 116. Laryea looked like he was chopped down in the box.

As an aside, Laryea seemed to be one of the few bright spots of the team last night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dunno. I have the impression that our ball movement looks better than it is effective because other teams just pack the middle and let us pass it around.

We are never that threatening.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm waiting for those posters, who after any shit TFC performance are coming out and are talking about "positives".
    I don't try to pick on nobody (honestly!), but IMO on these boards there are about 33% of these people, who in my opinion have those "tremendously pink tinted glasses" on all the time.

I know you will talk about how good way Laryea, and that Fraser was OK, and probably this scoreline is what we should have expected without Poz, Michael and Oso.

So far this season the management is underperforming, the coaching staff is underperforming and the players are underperfoming. All at various levels, but anyways all of them are in "simply underperforming to grossly underperforming" category, save some very rare examples, like Poz.

If this week we wont get at least 1 point in Vancouver IMO the fuck@ing sky is faling...
    Even if this whole MLS is set up in a way to clearly favor mediocrity (see how many teams are qualifying for the playoffs), besides having no relegation (which of course will never happen, because US + Canada major soccer is on a different planet compared with the rest of the World).

In these conditions, if our team's performance won't improve radically until the playoffs, instead to somehow enter the playoffs on the back door, and then exit after the first round, I would much prefer to miss the playoffs by a large margin of points. Because only then I think we will see some major movements on the management and/or coaching team level.

Saying all this as a TFC fan from the moment since the franchise was announced in 2006...

PS: #ManagementOut, #VanneyOut, #MajorPlayerPersonnelOverhaul
    (any of these 2 combined, otherwise we won't get anywhere....)
    Last edited by PizzaEatingYeti; 05-27-2019 at 10:00 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He put himself about yesterday and was an annoying bother / target man. Touch of lead though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by A Stick View Post
    I thought it was a penalty. The SJ defender got fully none of the ball and Laryea had blown right past him. TSN’s replays are awful but it looked like the defender hit his foot and he went over. Contact is slight, but if you are running at full speed and I hit your leg, it doesn’t take much to fall over.

The amount of mental gymnastics the officials do in this league not to call things is awe inspiring at times.

This ref was supremely confident in himself and entirely terrible.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    I dunno. I have the impression that our ball movement looks better than it is effective because other teams just pack the middle and let us pass it around.

We are never that threatening.
    This is it. Yesterday was a bit better because Bradley & Osorio were out so we did a few different things. We only had Delgado to slow down the forward movement and even he was better during the first half. Then he returned to his usual.

Stick with what I said earlier; we totally need some addition by subtraction.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Boyd has to go
    Delgado has to go.

I can take losing, I can't take losing with proven losers.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post
    I'm waiting for those posters, who after any shit TFC performance are coming out and are talking about "positives".
    I don't try to pick on nobody (honestly!), but IMO on these boards there are about 33% of these people, who in my opinion have those "tremendously pink tinted glasses" on all the time.
    There's an even larger number of people who ONLY post after a poor performance to complain (not saying you do that or mentioning someone in particular). They completely disappeared during the 2017 MLS Cup run. Never posted "I'm happy the team won the triple." Stayed away during the 2018 CONCACAF run. Then came back with a vengeance when the regular season tanked last year. I honestly don't get the appeal.

Then there's people who like to analyze both the positive and the negative. Those are the people who make a discussion particularly enjoyable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We really need a second goal scorer. Someone who can play on the wing or centrally when needed.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

His goal scoring record. It's actually not bad.

I don't like Boyd right now. On paper, this guy should be scoring...I would say more but at this point he should at least have 1 fucking goal!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post
    There is a positive in all this - they control the ball well offensively right up until the 18 yard box. After that, they can't do shit.
    But they do look god up until that point.

This has the same feel of the 2015 and early 2016 TFC teams. They are missing that final thread moving forward.

As for D - we all know they need another Drew. Just like those 15/16 teams - they are not far off. 2-3 players to become dominant again IMO.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People blaming Westberg on the second goal but looking at it its a bang bang move. Moor calls out Fraser to move to Wondo but Fraser doesn't move. Methinks Bradley goes there. Our defence seems to be set up as the near post area is covered and behind that its man to man. Moor gets caught between 2 players both times allowing Wondo to be open.

https://matchcenter.mlssoccer.com/ma...s/video/195667
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 05-27-2019 at 12:22 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red4ever View Post
    Boyd has to go
    Delgado has to go.

I can take losing, I can't take losing with proven losers.

Delgado actually played well,granted he should have buried his chance late on, but he is the least of our worries right now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by burlington Red View Post
    Delgado actually played well,granted he should have buried his chance late on, but he is the least of our worries right now.
    He played well for 30 minutes and disappeared. And, to your point, he cost us a point.

He is the personification of our problems right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People blaming Westberg on the second goal but looking at it its a bang bang move. Moor calls out Fraser to move to Wondo but Fraser doesn't move. Methinks Bradley goes there. Our defence seems to be set up as the near post area is covered and behind that its man to man. Moor gets caught between 2 players both times allowing Wondo to be open.

https://matchcenter.mlssoccer.com/ma...s/video/195667
    From my seat in 110 I could see quite clearly that Wondo was left wide open. For him not to score from that close and in space would have been tragic. From that range, any keeper has little chance to change the outcome of the shot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

vanney didnt mince words on his post game presser.called it bs defending and talked about a need for a winger again he also said that they need help in the back,please no more auro at right back or morgan at left back.
    Last edited by reggie; 05-27-2019 at 12:40 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    His goal scoring record. It's actually not bad.

I don't like Boyd right now. On paper, this guy should be scoring...I would say more but at this point he should at least have 1 fucking goal!
    He hasn’t scored in ages.

He came off an injury and never performed again, and when he was scoring it was in sub-second division Germany and on a good Austrian team against really poor competition.

He was supposed to be a decent USMNT striker who never ended up being one — that’s it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red4ever View Post
    He played well for 30 minutes and disappeared. And, to your point, he cost us a point.

He is the personification of our problems right now.
    I'd say 45 minutes but he is one of the main issues we have right now.