Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default MLS Playoffs 2013

http://www.mlssoccer.com/standings

Pretty interesting race going on to see who even makes the playoffs. 3-4 games left for most teams, and a lot of teams in danger of not making the playoffs. As of right now, KC is 2nd in the East, but only 6 pts ahead of 6th place Philly. Montreal is 4 pts ahead of Philly, and has suffered drastic loss of form... Like I predicted at the beginning of season that old geezers in Mtl will eventually slow down with fatigue and injuries as the season goes on, and so will Mtl's form.

And Vancouver has been sucking ever since Camilo loss his form. Also very tight in the West, with 8 teams still in playoff hunt.

Ah, parity. Never boring

• Knockout Games: Oct. 30-31 (Wed.-Thurs.)

• Conference Semifinals, Leg 1: Nov. 2-3 (Sat.-Sun.)
    • Conference Semifinals, Leg 2: Nov. 6-7 (Wed.-Thurs.)

• Conference Finals, Leg 1: Nov. 9-10 (Sat.-Sun.)
    • Conference Finals, Leg 2: Nov. 23-24 (Sat.-Sun.)

• MLS Cup: Dec. 7 (Sat.)
    Last edited by Yohan; 10-17-2013 at 02:39 PM.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really believe the way things are going it's going to come down to Montreals game here to close the season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and i hope we crush them and ruin it for them ahaha

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watch just for Camilo's potential goal of the year stuff.

Also, Caps now 6 points back from playoff spot. Awesome
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3 games tonight, all of them with playoff implications. Actually, every game has playoff implications lol. Will be watching Seattle vs Vancouver at 10

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kekuta Manneh with hat trick. Vancouver rolling over Seattle

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Starting to wonder who crashes out first, Montreal Seattle?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4-1 final. Vancouver with a huge win and currently 3 pts out of final spot

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    4-1 final. Vancouver with a huge win and currently 3 pts out of final spot
    Quite enjoyed that game. Manneh really highlights how little speed we have.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seattle at Portland now. Crazy atmosphere in Portland. Huge playoff and Cascadia Cup game

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last edited by Yohan; 10-13-2013 at 08:17 PM.

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Add that to the "reasons for" column of our roof request.
    Great place to hang a TIFO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TIFO's are really close to jumping the shark.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Montreal at LA now. Critical game for both teams. If either teams win, they get a little breathing room for playoff spot. A loss would hurt a lot

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yohan I can't believe how few fans showed up in LA...

They really don't seem to care that much in LA.

Seems like a waste of a good franchise.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Alonso View Post

midweek game at LA have limited parking spots available. They share with UCLA or something

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stadium location probably has something to do with it. Plus the university limits attendance for midweek games.

But yeah, it really makes you realize how few consistently good markets there are in MLS. It shows how much further we have to go if NY and LA with their marquee names and top teams can't fill their great stadiums.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Montreal looks awful. Midfield is totally clueless. Where's Felipe?

Di Vaio getting frustrated with his teammates.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^^^^

Yeah guys, it's funny how the markets with the pull that LA and NY have around the world seem to care the least especially when they have players like Henry, Cahil, Keane, and Donavan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^^^^

Yeah guys, it's funny how the markets with the pull that LA and NY have around the world seem to care the least especially when they have players like Henry, Cahil, Keane, and Donavan.
    Not really the case as LA and NY don't have the best stadium situation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Salizar is brutal

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AlanO View Post
    Montreal looks awful. Midfield is totally clueless. Where's Felipe?

Di Vaio getting frustrated with his teammates.
    the old geezers on Impact needed a break, though don't know why Felipe is not playing

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Not really the case as LA and NY don't have the best stadium situation.

I think you're missing my point, on the best of days, these teams (NY and LA) pale in comparison for passionate fans compared to several other smaller market teams that would kill for these types of players.

The irony being that most of these world class players have to be convinced to go to any MLS market other than NY or LA.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Opare with 1st MLS goal. Cap him!

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hahahahah oh the Impact are Shite!

5-5-10 since crowning themselfs supporters shield winners lmao.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, this shapes up some fun. Montreal v Union this weekend - huge for both teams. NE have a hom and away series with Columbus leaving us with Montreal. I can't wait to see how this shakes out.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not saying I ever want to see us lose a match, but man oh man.

If we happen to lose to Chicago and beat Montreal, and therefore have the chance, first hand, to take in the beauty of their epic collapse while sticking the final fork in their poutine... it would be on par with the feeling of avoiding relegation; I imagine.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So if Montreal beat Philly and we beat Chicago, Montreal would be in and the last game would have influence on home field advantage.

However if we don't win and Philly come up with a respectable game....could really make that last game intense.
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    So if Montreal beat Philly and we beat Chicago, Montreal would be in and the last game would have influence on home field advantage.

However if we don't win and Philly come up with a respectable game....could really make that last game intense.
    Just looking at past results an form it's tough to think that the LIMPACT will get anything out of Philly. Both teams fighting there way into the playoffs and results lately if have to give the advantage to Philly.

Hopefully all the cards fall in the right spots and we really have a chance to screw Montreal. Not only to screw them but to have some big time stakes on our last game.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BuSaPuNk View Post
    Just looking at past results an form it's tough to think that the LIMPACT will get anything out of Philly. Both teams fighting there way into the playoffs and results lately if have to give the advantage to Philly.

Hopefully all the cards fall in the right spots and we really have a chance to screw Montreal. Not only to screw them but to have some big time stakes on our last game.
    that last part really made me sad. is this what we have to cheer our team for? screw the other guy over?

-Eduardo Galeano