Page 4 of 288 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DangerRed View Post
    Haters? What football are you watching? Go back to last year's matchday threads and look at what was being said about Terry's performances.

Bottom line, Dunfield should not be starting for this team. Period, full stop. If you think otherwise, you're not watching closely enough. I don't give a rat's ass about hard work. I care about results. If achieving results require hard work, then so be it - the two aren't mutually exclusive. I commend Chad Barrett for his incredible work-rate, but am I sad he's gone? No, because for all his hard work, he couldn't get any RESULTS. If Silva works half as hard as Barrett to score more goals, you're going to tell me you'd rather have Barrett on the team and heap praise on him?

I think it's fashionable around these parts to love and adore players for their workman-like attitude, the great "heart" they put on display every weekend. But what no one is talking about is how we love and adore hard-working LOSERS.

I think sooner or later, the current regime hopefully will see things the same way, and Terry, the utility player that he is, will become a valuable 65th minute substitute brought on to seal wins for us by shutting up shop in the midfield against opponents who are tired out and more his speed.

Great post! about Dunfield and Toronto's love for the "Workman", while the league gets more skilled every year.

Also was doing some research. Though I am not totally familiar with the resume of most of the midfielders we brought in, but imo none have pedigree.

Here is a midfielder Toronto should inquire about, and if not him!.

Somebody with an identical or better CV.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carlos_Grossm%C3%BCller

Note: I had spied Reo-coker for us last year, but with Frings and the salary cap I never bothered to mention it.

Honestly I am always looking for players That can "really" Improve TFC......Its like an addiction.

Anyways I hope the Management is able to get it right this season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This Argentinian kid will work in the right conditions.. you need a player to play behind and in front of him. Either playing without a Right Winger and have Morgan or a Midfielder to come up the left to cross. Letting you have

------Koev-------
    -------Urruti-----
    Ephriam-Silva-----
    ---Ceaser-DM----
    Ek--OD--Calif--M

Or put him in a Dero Floating Striker like position he seems to be able to pass... so if he can send the ball right, left or forward as well as making a run... particularly if he poaches missed shots and rebounds, he could provide a strong piece to the attack.

----------Koev---------
    Ephriam--
    Urruti---Lambe
    ----Ceaser----DM------
    Eks----OD---Calif----M-

At that point we need a Dunfield and Lambe Replacement in the starting role. Let lambe go... and work with some of the new kids to fill the sub role.

You then have Silva as Chivas bait, and Bekker to step into that Depth/Development role.

Have no idea how effective any of this is.. but I'm think they are looking at some one to slot into the AM/CF hybrid spot. (They are looking for a 21 year old DeRo)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My $.02 on Lambe, he is good and if we dump him and don't have a backup winger we are screwed. He is reasonably well priced depth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DangerRed View Post
    Haters? What football are you watching? Go back to last year's matchday threads and look at what was being said about Terry's performances.

Bottom line, Dunfield should not be starting for this team. Period, full stop. If you think otherwise, you're not watching closely enough. I don't give a rat's ass about hard work. I care about results. If achieving results require hard work, then so be it - the two aren't mutually exclusive. I commend Chad Barrett for his incredible work-rate, but am I sad he's gone? No, because for all his hard work, he couldn't get any RESULTS. If Silva works half as hard as Barrett to score more goals, you're going to tell me you'd rather have Barrett on the team and heap praise on him?

I think it's fashionable around these parts to love and adore players for their workman-like attitude, the great "heart" they put on display every weekend. But what no one is talking about is how we love and adore hard-working LOSERS.

I think sooner or later, the current regime hopefully will see things the same way, and Terry, the utility player that he is, will become a valuable 65th minute substitute brought on to seal wins for us by shutting up shop in the midfield against opponents who are tired out and more his speed.
    THANK YOU! The problem too i think is that we are so used to seeing crap on the field that anytime a "hard working" piece of crap comes by we praise it. Sorry he can run around like headless chicken as much as he want's but he's not productive at all. Like in the post says i rather have a player work half as hard but produces more than a player that likes to run around and offers nothing. People kept blabbing about our cb's last year when the biggest problem was the middle of the midfield. Now we have hall and dunfield in the middle, these 2 will hardly break up any of our oppositions plays and start any good attacks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by andmat View Post
    I do not see how Taylor Morgan is Canadian......
    I think someone confused Taylor Morgan with Ashtone Morgan. Taylor is not Canadian.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sky View Post
    My $.02 on Lambe, he is good and if we dump him and don't have a backup winger we are screwed. He is reasonably well priced depth.
    Nothing to do with cash. It's all about his international status and our lack of Int. spots.

Awaiting Confirmation
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    This Argentinian kid will work in the right conditions.. you need a player to play behind and in front of him. Either playing without a Right Winger and have Morgan or a Midfielder to come up the left to cross. Letting you have

------Koev-------
    -------Urruti-----
    Ephriam-Silva-----
    ---Ceaser-DM----
    Ek--OD--Calif--M

Or put him in a Dero Floating Striker like position he seems to be able to pass... so if he can send the ball right, left or forward as well as making a run... particularly if he poaches missed shots and rebounds, he could provide a strong piece to the attack.

----------Koev---------
    Ephriam--
    Urruti---Lambe
    ----Ceaser----DM------
    Eks----OD---Calif----M-

At that point we need a Dunfield and Lambe Replacement in the starting role. Let lambe go... and work with some of the new kids to fill the sub role.

You then have Silva as Chivas bait, and Bekker to step into that Depth/Development role.

Have no idea how effective any of this is.. but I'm think they are looking at some one to slot into the AM/CF hybrid spot. (They are looking for a 21 year old DeRo)
    You know we have Earnshaw on the roster, right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KRO View Post
    I think someone confused Taylor Morgan with Ashtone Morgan. Taylor is not Canadian.
    You sure about that? The person who posted it on twitter is researcher for Football Manager.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Ripoff View Post
    You sure about that? The person who posted it on twitter is researcher for Football Manager.

I think I'll just ask TFC via Twitter and post whatever response I get.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wonder if TFC is trying to trade for an int spot or move one out before they sign Bostock, Hes been rumored to have signed here for a while now and has not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im thinking the same thing..or do they have to make a trade with SJ to get his rights?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    im thinking the same thing..or do they have to make a trade with SJ to get his rights?
    depends on whether SJ made a 'genuine offer' to Bostock. if SJ didn't, Toronto has a shot of signing Bostock without giving SJ a compensation
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Greatest Ripoff View Post
    I'm not sure that someone mistook Taylor for Ashtone - that was just a theory. I am sure however that Taylor was born in Southampton, England. I don't claim any inside knowledge but his Wiki page has no indication that he has any Canadian connection other than signing for TFC.
    Let's see what Lucky Strike comes up with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im hearing Kenneth Staelens is on trial for tfc. a left sided midfielder.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll View Post
    Hmmm. 28 year old Belgian who came through Genk's system. Hard to believe he's 28 when you see his tween looking pics on Google. Looks like Bieber's long lost brother.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he is 21,his # is 28...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KRO View Post
    I'm not sure that someone mistook Taylor for Ashtone - that was just a theory. I am sure however that Taylor was born in Southampton, England. I don't claim any inside knowledge but his Wiki page has no indication that he has any Canadian connection other than signing for TFC.
    Let's see what Lucky Strike comes up with.

Nothing yet on that front...

EDIT: Meanwhile: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kenneth_Staelens

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Asif confirmed on Twitter that Taylor Morgan counts as an international.

3 hours ago:

Asif Hossain ‏@asifintoronto
    @aljarov Taylor Morgan counts as an international player. #TFC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Troll View Post
    Where are you hearing this from?

If this started from his tweet "5AM in Toronto", I'm pretty sure this has nothing to do with TFC, and he isn't even here in Toronto.

That is the name of Drake's new song. And by the looks of his twitter feed, Staelens is a big Drake fan.

Unless someone can confirm a source for this, I have a feeling it's false.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Mo Edu had the same tweet as well. I think its just the song title.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gdg_9 View Post
    Where are you hearing this from?

If this started from his tweet "5AM in Toronto", I'm pretty sure this has nothing to do with TFC, and he isn't even here in Toronto.

That is the name of Drake's new song. And by the looks of his twitter feed, Staelens is a big Drake fan.

Unless someone can confirm a source for this, I have a feeling it's false.

he also made the tweet at 3:59 AM (EST), so the 5am part was a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Haha. What a scrumptious misunderstanding.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Damien View Post
    Let's hope this Argentinian isn't another Pablo Vitti.

what? Pablo vitti is tearing up south america. he was not the problem here. vitti and koevs woulbsuch a deadly duo . we never had poacher who could hold up the ball and finish.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Enough of the Vitti arguments already. He was poor in the MLS! He may be great in South America, but he wasn't here. Some great wine just doesn't travel well! He should stay in South America where he is clearly more suited.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    Enough of the Vitti arguments already. He was poor in the MLS! He may be great in South America, but he wasn't here. Some great wine just doesn't travel well! He should stay in South America where he is clearly more suited.

no. our coach was poor. it was immensely frustrating to watch.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JavierMartini View Post
    no. our coach was poor. it was immensely frustrating to watch.
    I would say it was probably a bit of both. Could Vitti have played better under a different coach? Yeah probably. But equally is Vitti suited to the physical MLS? Not particularly.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T-boy View Post
    Correction: Vitti wasn't very good at TFC. He didn't play anywhere else in MLS. Many players have done far better in other MLS teams than at TFC. Especially when you give them some time to adjust & develop; find the best position for them to play; play them with other good players & allow them time to gel together -- and related to the above, when you have good coaching and management.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JavierMartini View Post
    what? Pablo vitti is tearing up south america. he was not the problem here. vitti and koevs woulbsuch a deadly duo . we never had poacher who could hold up the ball and finish.
    He has done well in the Peruivan league, and for that fair play to him, but I am not sure playing well in that league is tearing up South America.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bostock officially on loan to TFC

Luke Wileman@LukeWilemanToronto FC confirm signing of midfielder John Bostock on loan from Tottenham

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kuku View Post
    Bostock officially on loan to TFC

Luke Wileman@LukeWilemanToronto FC confirm signing of midfielder John Bostock on loan from Tottenham
    And...

Kurtis Larson ‏@KurtLarSUN Looks like Bostock will take Bekker's spot in the 11 tomorrow. #TFC #SportingKC