Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    MdS has always had a good knack of knowing what players will fit his system and choosing ones that will fit his budget. Players will come and play for a team because he's coaching it. I'm positive they will be a playoff contender by next season.
    They are going to have to be very patient. 0-3 start ...next game against Seattle then Zlatan...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More allegations being made about Carl Robinson and agent David Baldwin running a very similar operation to what Mo did in town here. Including this tidbit regarding PSG having an even higher offer on the table than Bayern, but the Bayern deal went though anyways because Baldwin (and Robbo) stood to pocket about $2 million from the Bayern deal.

https://twitter.com/GlassCityFC/stat...47818389676032

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Chubbs View Post
    More allegations being made about Carl Robinson running a very similar operation to what Mo did
    There are always two Sith, Master and Apprentice.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If people think there isn't the strong possibility this be happening in a lesser form in the CPL, they be blind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    If people think there isn't the strong possibility this be happening in a lesser form in the CPL, they be blind.
    Forge Sigma FC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More allegations being made about Carl Robinson and agent David Baldwin running a very similar operation to what Mo did in town here. Including this tidbit regarding PSG having an even higher offer on the table than Bayern, but the Bayern deal went though anyways because Baldwin (and Robbo) stood to pocket about $2 million from the Bayern deal.

i don’t believe it. His parents trusted his coach, and knew him for years. Hard to believe that they’d allow him to steer Davies wrongly: https://theprovince.com/sports/socce...ative-transfer
    Last edited by MightyDM; 03-22-2019 at 09:12 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Its a rather provocative “insider” account. Either this guy has unbelievably good sources in Vancouver or is a complete douche (or maybe It’s both, lol).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well regardless if some people pocketed money or not Davies being at Bayern is a lot better than PSG in my opinion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Well regardless if some people pocketed money or not Davies being at Bayern is a lot better than PSG in my opinion.
    Imagine thinking manipulating children (without using the word grooming which is more applicable here) for your own personal financial interest is okay as long as they go to the bad club that you think is okay over the bad club you think isn’t okay...

Wow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stegosaurus View Post
    Imagine thinking manipulating children (without using the word grooming which is more applicable here) for your own personal financial interest is okay as long as they go to the bad club that you think is okay over the bad club you think isn’t okay...

Wow.
    I never said it was morally ethical or not illegal. Just saying it could have turned out worse.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The "source" is a random Twitter account? I don't believe it. No way. Anyone can create an account, it doesn't mean that they have any real "inside information." It's not like Robbo didn't have enemies, he almost certainly did.

His "source" that he states (if it is true and not made up) is a "former player" (unnamed) who was annoyed that one agent was hanging around? Give me a break. It's just guessing that there is something untoward based on that one thing. The former player (if he exists) might be mad at Robbo dropping him and decided to take a swipe. No real evidence AT ALL and no one should be taking this seriously without a lot more corroboration.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 03-23-2019 at 07:14 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stegosaurus View Post

Wow.
    Davies parents were fully involved in this. There was no “ manipulating children”. And it was the opportunity of a lifetime! If the parents, and Davies, were manipulated by his childhood coach, that would be really sad, and if Carl took a backhanded payment disgusting and illegal ( and not a credible allegation given his history and record) , but the player is good enough to try to play for one of the great clubs in the world. So where to go? He wouldn’t get a sniff in the Premier League and Bayern ( and other Budesliga teams) have shown that they will give young talent a chance to develop at the first team level. Another place could have been Holland. But it’s hard to argue against this being the best possible club in the world for Davies. So unless there is evidence of a backhander, and more than a the moaning of a disgruntled ex player, there is no credibility to this story whatsoever. Well done to Davies, his parents, and both clubs, I say.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    So unless there is evidence of a backhander, and more than a the moaning of a disgruntled ex player, there is no credibility to this story whatsoever.
    Exactly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Agreed. What did Henry get out of our coaching staff for all his physical talents? He had to recover from playing for TFC more than anything else.

Robinson is no genius on the touch line. Some of his decisions were criminally stupid but the fact he didn’t screw up the kid’s development entirely is good enough for me. Low bar I know but that’s Canadian Soccer for you. Not screwing it up entirely is progress.

Edit: now all that said, if you look at the subtweets from said “questionable” account there are multiple responses from legit Caps beat writers including this one from Peter Galindo. FWIW

https://mobile.twitter.com/GalindoPW...58567874867200
    Last edited by ag futbol; 03-23-2019 at 10:51 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t think Glass City is a random twitter account. If you go through there posts, you can see they’ve had lots of ITK tweets regarding Vancouver.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah the GlassCity twitter account has correctly leaked/been first to report tons of Whitecaps signings, including damn near each one they made this past offseason. Whoever runs it clearly has sources.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even if it's true that PSG offered the Caps more money, that isn't the sole driving force. If Davies preferred Bayern over PSG, then even though PSG offered more he would still go to Bayern, if he refused to sign a PSG contract.

That's not to dismiss any shady under the table business by those two, if true, but I could definitely see Davies choosing Bayern over PSG for soccer reasons.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's worth remembering that Davies contract with the Caps was unenforceable. It didn't really exist, for all intents and purposes.

There was tremendous potential for funny business there. The buying and selling of the employment rights of 17 year olds is odious.
    Last edited by ensco; 03-24-2019 at 08:47 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is also worth noting that the identification and training of world class talent has real monetary value in the world of soccer. If the large clubs were able to pick the best talent from regional clubs without compensation it would be detrimental to aspiring young talent everywhere. it's also worth noting that compensation traditionally includes individuals who have identified that talent. The Chris Cummins case is one with a local connection

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by djking2 View Post
    It is also worth noting that the identification and training of world class talent has real monetary value in the world of soccer. If the large clubs were able to pick the best talent from regional clubs without compensation it would be detrimental to aspiring young talent everywhere. it's also worth noting that compensation traditionally includes individuals who have identified that talent. The Chris Cummins case is one with a local connection
    What is the Chris Cummins case?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    What is the Chris Cummins case?
    https://www.theguardian.com/football...ord-settlement
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks. I didn’t know that. Still think TFC made a huge error letting him go. Different times:
    https://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/something-rotten-in-state-of-toronto-fc-1.780190
    Last edited by MightyDM; 03-24-2019 at 01:35 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.chicago-fire.com/post/20...sota-united-fc

This seems like a lot of allocation bucks going the other way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

It seems like we are raining goalkeepers

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like how every MLS deal going down in the past couple days requires a journalist translator to break it down to laymen speak on Twitter so everyone can understand the intricacies of the MLS-verse.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deadline day deals:

Meram to Atlanta
    Jonathan Lewis to Colorado

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would've been interested in bringing Lewis in for help on the wings but not at that price (500k allocation).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I must have missed the Zack Steffan to Man City move last month...I see today though that they are loaning him to Fortuna Dusseldorf... 7 Million buy...then loan him out. It's a racket isn't it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    I must have missed the Zack Steffan to Man City move last month...I see today though that they are loaning him to Fortuna Dusseldorf... 7 Million buy...then loan him out. It's a racket isn't it?
    They agreed the deal 6 months ago. Can't get him a work permit so he's off on loan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    They agreed the deal 6 months ago. Can't get him a work permit so he's off on loan.
    should have spoke to Apolon Limosol first guess they don't have the TFC hookups in Cyprus