Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if this meant lowering ticket prices significantly and adding a second deck in the southeast corner to host RPB...why not

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_bhoy View Post
    The article didn't make it sound like it was going to happen any time soon.

When I did an interview for RPBLive in 2007 with Paul Beirne he said something about getting the stadium to 30k as well.

If they do it for next season, it's silly - but to have the ambition to get TFC and BMO to 30k isn't a bad thing.

PS - build us a roof!
    The ambition is great, too bad the pricing doesn't match that.

30,000 just means more empty seats. There are already plenty already.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post
    if this meant lowering ticket prices significantly and adding a second deck in the southeast corner to host RPB...why not
    Wishful thinking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only way this happens is if the Argos move in as well, its just the logistics of the situation.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the way i look at it, it could help increase the atmosphere.
    look at it this way:

- another designated supporter section
    - cheaper seats
    - a designated "family zone"

a designated family zone would warrant something like the australian league has with massive family packages that would most definately help fill out the upper sections.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All of the new seats are likely to be cheap seats, and it would get pretty much everyone off the waiting list. I like it.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shakes McQueen View Post
    All of the new seats are likely to be cheap seats, and it would get pretty much everyone off the waiting list. I like it.

- Scott
    This is the only way I'd see this succeeding or we'd look like most MLS teams with a half-full stadium.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was told the gold list is in the 1,500 range, those who have bought things in the past, the rest is the Red.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bars92 View Post
    The only way this happens is if the Argos move in as well, its just the logistics of the situation.
    why? BMO is too small for the Argos. The North Stand effectively eliminated any extension of the field north. So right now you can't fit a CFL field in. Second, if they had to move back the south end to fit the CFL field, the field would be off centre, so many seats would have awkward views. Pantalone said it would cost multi-millions just to destroy the south end and rebuild.

Plus, by expanding to get more friendlies, they could easily get more $$$$ from that than by bringing in the Argos. Argos would want a heavy share of revenue. Not to mention the new grass field would be completely messed up by CFL.

If they expand, I really do see them as expanding solely for soccer. MLSE doesn't need the Argos at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BUILD ME A ROOF .. I wil work on getting people home

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the issue is the season ticket cap, then I support BMO expansion. I'm sure they planned for it while building the stadium. So long as they planned for expanding washrooms and concessions as well (lets be honest, they're not putting more washrooms there so the waits will be longer).

My issue is with growing from 21.6K to 30K. If the growth were slower, I would have less of a problem with it. MLSE shouldn't sell out the soul of TFC for the sake of higher revenues.

Btw, does anyone see bigger stadium = more money = sign players of higher caliber = better on-field performance?

...No? Nobody? Just checking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    It's a done deal,East side will get 200 level and South will get 200 and maybe roof,but you did not hear this from me.I can't tell who my "source" was but it is coming.

If you remember P.B tweeted about expending ST to 18K.TFC is caped for ST and in order to get more ST BMO Field must expand.
    Is that Gareth 'denime' Wheeler posting...???

Carts...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't mind the idea, even if it only gets filled for the bigger games, seems to be the pattern with a lot of teams in Europe.

I hope it includes a roof and is heavy on cheaper seats.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't mind increasing the stadium, but jumping from 21 to 30k is a huge change ..... I understand going incrementally isn't feasible.

If they do go to 30k it will be a lot easier for them to do strategic "re-seating", especially if a 200 level is added in the South ..... like someone mentioned above perhaps now they can congregate all the supporters in one zone, open up a family zone, etc.

I have no fear that all of the new cheap seats will get snapped up. It's the expensive seats that are going to be the issue, that market is really soft now.

The revenues these guys are going to be bringing in relative to a ~ 5 mill payroll are going to be insane. Not quite the ROI that Seattle is getting but it's still going to be obscene compared to other sports franchises.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would hope that existing STH's get first dibs on seat relocation when the new seats are added.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the expansion to 30,000 happens it will probably mean a lower average ticket price. They could realistically put at least 2,500 to 3,000 more seats in a 200 level deck in the southend. I could see those tickets being around 20 to 25 bucks. The original southend seats would probably be an even 30 bucks, at least by the time this is done. A second level on the east side would be where the majority of the 5,000 other seats would be located. Those seats would (depending on location) probably be between 30 and 50 bucks. I think the sections on the west side in the 200's would remain about the same price (Of course this is all speculation on my part). I think the price point at which they could easily sell out 30,000 seats is about the 45 dollar mark. If you think about the ccl games so far, the sections that are basically full are the seats with the ticket prices of 40 dollars and under.104,105,110,111-120. I think sellouts are easily attainable at those prices.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DichioTFC View Post
    Btw, does anyone see bigger stadium = more money = sign players of higher caliber = better on-field performance?

...No? Nobody? Just checking.
    that's precious

you're precious

Btw, does anyone see bigger stadium = more money
    there we go

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Azerban View Post
    that's precious

you're precious

there we go
    A tad optimistic?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyone else notice the bit about the training facility location? Peddie said the finalists are Toronto, Vaughan, Mississauga and Milton.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If they expand BMO but don't make arrangements to have supporters move to be with their respective groups, then this move has no upside for supporters and does nothing to contribute to the gameday experience. I don't even know if it's viable financially since it would create less scarcity of tickets and less need for seasons tickets. I know I might drop 2 of my seasons already and with this knowledge, I at least know I might be able to get extra seats if I really need them.

I really don't know what they're thinking over there at the FO.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They couldn't build a proper team and they couldn't build a proper stadium. They are basically doing a patching job at BMO and it's not going to look as nice as what the red bulls or wizards have
    06-18-09 i was there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd be nice if the West and East were mirror images of each other. The small pet peeve I have about BMO is how it lookes the the North, East, South, and West were designed by 4 different guys.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This won't happen for next year, this is a long term pipe dream for mlse. PB tweeted that there will be 18000 season tickets and I would bet every dollar I have that these seats will be from the new north end. The FO realized they weren't getting the walk up they wanted and knew it could easily be filled by season tickets for next year.

We all know there have been empty seats this year but they are all pretty much spoken for (outside of CCL), its just people choosing not to show. If TFC expanded to 30k, which it will, it will do so as they have stated many times, in two stages of 5000 seats. My guess is BMO will have 30000 seats by 2016 and will probably be looking at 22-23k season ticket holders.

*** These new seats better be cheaper alternatives because just look at the CCL game for instance. The supporters section and corners (cheap tickets) were rammed full and the rest of the stadium was sparse. People in Toronto will come in droves if the tickets are reasonable, they could expand to 30k today if they made the tickets $300 a season. I'm scared this isn't true tho, just look how ridiculous the North end pricing is.
    Last edited by kodiakTFC; 09-17-2010 at 02:57 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by morgank1986 View Post
    I'd be nice if the West and East were mirror images of each other. The small pet peeve I have about BMO is how it lookes the the North, East, South, and West were designed by 4 different guys.
    Then MLSE could sell more boxes, I'm sure they'd go for that.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McCartney View Post
    Is that Gareth 'denime' Wheeler posting...???

Carts...
    Yeah,kind off it was.

But seriously I'm not joking,East 2nd level is coming.

What I eulkd like to see is South 2nd level terrace and all supporters to move up.It would be great for tifos too,see AL_MO I'm thinking about you too.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mikey

I dont really think ML$E BMO plans are TFC specific....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont know how they can be talking about expansion (as much as I would like it), when they had the training facility that they proposed back early this year.

What happened to that?
    No way both are going to be getting done!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jahinho_Guerro View Post
    I dont know how they can be talking about expansion (as much as I would like it), when they had the training facility that they proposed back early this year.

What happened to that?
    No way both are going to be getting done!
    I think they are trying to get a municipality to foot most of the bill for their training facility.

As for the expansion, I agree with what's been mentioned above: ie. I think they were hoping a playoff berth would have increased demand and they could have used that as the impetus for expansion. As it stands now 22,000 is more than needed.

Its possible this idea will be shelved until this team has some optimism again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gtaguy View Post
    never heard about this. My question is where on earth would they put the extra 8k seats, Unless they plan to spend serious cash on adding a second level to the East side of the stadium... Maybe a roof too.
    I remember Paul B. discussing this. First: add a second-tier to the East Stand. That would bring us up to 30K. Any expansion after that would involve the South End.