Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh my god he almost broke his right leg.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Oh my god he almost broke his right leg.
    What an absolute meltdown by Minnesota. Disgraceful on their part.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hamilton, two chances, two goals. Pozuelo, one chance, two goals.

Our defense was shambolic.

I think it was a great sub, great timing. Having said that, I think we've consistently underrated Hamilton's ability. It's not like this is the first time he's scored for us, he just never gets any time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stegosaurus View Post
    What an absolute meltdown by Minnesota. Disgraceful on their part.
    That was. I think Calvo knew it, too, he had that 'what the fuck was I thinking' look walking into the tunnel.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

jozzzzzyyyy. i thought we fixed this shit

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will take the 3 points

I'm darn sure that's Jozy out until July

The defence is just not good enough

Hamilton played well & should be the starting up top striker for May through June.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of the best games I've ever seen at a regular season game at BMO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Hamilton, two chances, two goals. Pozuelo, one chance, two goals.

Our defense was shambolic.

I think it was a great sub, great timing. Having said that, I think we've consistently underrated Hamilton's ability. It's not like this is the first time he's scored for us, he just never gets any time.
    It was a good sub. Minnesota’s defense is pretty bad, so the change in formation let Hamilton find some space and capitalize. Great performance from him.

If Jozy is going to be out we may see more of him, but he’ll be exposed incredibly quickly. The same thing happened with Ricketts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's funny how insanely predictable this game was. Minnesota is a glass cannon, and so are we without Moor. And that's exactly how the game played out. We need a TAM CB so badly.

I want to slightly walk back my comment earlier about Vanney's decision to play Bono. I still think it was the wrong decision, but I do understand the angle he was probably playing - sit Bono for a game to wake him up and make sure he knows his spot on the team sheet is being looked at and hopefully he responds when you start him next. But he's been playing so poorly for so long, it's time to demote him. And he didn't respond today anyways, so that angle didn't work. Give Westberg a run of games now.

Altidore with another hamstring injury is just... it's never going to change is it? He's so good when healthy. Fuck.

Well done Hamilton, Osorio, and obviously Pozuelo today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    jozzzzzyyyy. i thought we fixed this shit
    His foot. Jozy’s hamstrings are basically dried out elastics from a bag of green onions that you kept for the better part of a decade and snap as soon as you look at them.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

..If Jozy is going to be out we may see more of him, but he’ll be exposed incredibly quickly. The same thing happened with Ricketts.
    Something about him will get found out.

BUT

Ricketts had no first touch & couldn't pass so people just let him have the ball in a 4-4-2/3-5-2 with Seba. In a 4-2-3-1, the striker doesn't get the ball that much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    It's funny how insanely predictable this game was. Minnesota is a glass cannon, and so are we without Moor. And that's exactly how the game played out. We need a TAM CB so badly.

I want to slightly walk back my comment earlier about Vanney's decision to play Bono. I still think it was the wrong decision, but I do understand the angle he was probably playing - sit Bono for a game to wake him up and make sure he knows his spot on the team sheet is being looked at and hopefully he responds when you start him next. But he's been playing so poorly for so long, it's time to demote him. And he didn't respond today anyways, so that angle didn't work. Give Westberg a run of games now.

Altidore with another hamstring injury is just... it's never going to change is it? He's so good when healthy. Fuck.

Well done Hamilton, Osorio, and obviously Pozuelo today.

may is ridiculously jam packed. jozy is missing ALOT of games

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His foot. Jozy’s hamstrings are basically dried out elastics from a bag of green onions that you kept for the better part of a decade and snap as soon as you look at them.
    Let's see how long he's out for anything more than a month and I'll discover if I can be more fed up with his injuries.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get a Tam fucken C B it’s so obvious they need a CB , Ciman is a bloody joke I wouldn’t take him on my beer league team. Every time Moor is out TFC sucks ! Hurry up get another CB before it’s too late!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My point would be Hamilton is clearly a capable backup striker and so is Akinola (but he plays in a different style). The team wasted its time going to get Boyd and misevaluated it’s own roster.

Of course the backup is not as good as a starter. Any team would be in this situation (notwithstanding we still need a a FW).

This was my fear with Jozy in the off season. But if he’s this potent when he’s on the field i’m willing to take my chances.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yall talking like jozy had a major injury what happened.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    Yall talking like jozy had a major injury what happened.
    He did a great assist on the winning goal, picked up the ball & immediately put his hand up saying he had to be subbed.

Then when sitting down he mouthed the words "hamstring".

Walked off straight to the training room.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man Mavinga is having a horrible season. Him and Ciman paired together is like the Rash Bros.

Sooo many times theyre trying to win a ball that doesnt need to won. Just contain and keep them in front. Luckily it didn't cost us today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’ve been Hamilton’s biggest critic but he certainly saved our ass tonight. If he continues to show the same fight and reading of the game he might well have a future at BMO after all. However I hope Jozy isn’t badly injured (hamstring) or were in real shit.

I don’t want to be too critical after a fighting win like that. However it needs to be said, you can put lipstick on a pig, but at the end of the day, it’s still a pig. Our defence and midfield need serious work if we’re to have any hope in challenging this season. When we attack with pace we’re as good as any side in the league, but it’s too infrequent. We have too many mediocre players. We don’t press teams enough when we don’t have possession. Our defence is a shambles (all three goals we gave up tonight were unacceptable at this level) and our midfield is all but invisible. Most worrying, there is no one in the wings that can improve things. MLSE need to loosen the purse strings and get a ‘fourth DP’, with TAM & GAM, like we did 2017. So far we’ve got Pozuelo to replace both Vazquez and Giovinco, and good as he is he can’t be expected to replace both.

Although they lost the plot at the end I can understand Minnesota’s frustration. The harsh truth is they outplayed us for long periods tonight. However, goals win games and despite flaws throughout our lineup, we’re showing a never say die attitude this season that’s admirable, and might serve us well when the chips are down
    Last edited by General Woolfe; 04-19-2019 at 09:26 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    He did a great assist on the winning goal, picked up the ball & immediately put his hand up saying he had to be subbed.

Thought we all saw this lol.

Hes gone for the May, and then will be possibly be gone from June to July for the GC... If he recovers in time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he overstretched it on that last pass or attempt on goal. I doubt he will be out long. Let's see how good Hamilton looks with pozuelo. Also go sign a winger asap! Moor is back next week. I thought ciman was decent today I would start him with Moor and sit mavinga for a game.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post

It wasn't an obvious sub. Hamilton has played quite a number of games without scoring. What Vanney saw was weakness on Minnesota's left defense, by throwing Hamilton in there he exploited a vulnerability.

Minnesota's right defense was much stronger and defeated a lot of attempts throughout the game.

As much as we think Bono's distribution is poor, he looks brilliant compared to Minnesota's keeper.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 04-19-2019 at 09:30 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We need another winger for sure. Because Delgado needs to go on the bench, and be that sub when we're trying to close out a game. It will allow Osorio to be more central, because he's not a 1v1 player and it becomes an unbalanced attack with DeLeon running down the right side.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    It wasn't an obvious sub. Hamilton has played quite a number of games without scoring. What Vanney saw was weakness on Minnesota's left defense, by throwing Hamilton in there he exploited a vulnerability.

Minnesota's right defense was much stronger and defeated a lot of attempts throughout the game.

As much as we think Bono's distribution is poor, he looks brilliant compared to Minnesota's keeper.
    Minnesota’s keeper made several outstanding saves...but that team is shit. TFC should not be giving up 3 goals and should not be relying on one player to make everything happen, offensively. Without major upgrades at several key positions, they are going to be a 6th or 7th place team this year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shway View Post
    Thought we all saw this lol.
    Missed most of the game saw last 7 minutes and that stupid tackle. Leg almost looked gone.
    Hes gone for the May, and then will be possibly be gone from June to July for the GC... If he recovers in time.
    only saw last 7 ms and how pozo almost got his leg broke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man Mavinga is having a horrible season. Him and Ciman paired together is like the Rash Bros.

Sooo many times theyre trying to win a ball that doesnt need to won. Just contain and keep them in front. Luckily it didn't cost us today.
    He gave up a pen but also saved us from what probably would have been a goal.

Touka koukan, the law of equivalent exchange.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And Jozy just gave us something to talk about

Lets hope that is just the injury talking

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mavinga will always lean on the side of risky. He has the pace and ability to do it though, he just needs a steady head beside him (Moor) to keep him and the backline in general in check. He's been shakier than I'd like but I don't doubt him over the long term.

Ciman is just cooked though. We need another CB for sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We need another winger for sure. Because Delgado needs to go on the bench, and be that sub when we're trying to close out a game.

I certainly dont think delgado is the best player ever but he *is* a workhorse.

I dont think benching him will help much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And Jozy just gave us something to talk about

Lets hope that is just the injury talking
    oh god