Page 37 of 174 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787137 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,110 of 5193
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I, for one, think Cavallini can be good at this level. The Caps were just a tire fire and a cute playoff cameo two years ago were enough for people to forget that apparently.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Cavallini isn't actually all that good a striker at MLS level.

We'd be choosing him over Akinola & I don't think that's an upgrade.
    He's got 18 goals in 48 starts. That ain't bad. He's definitely an upgrade on Akinola. In fact I'd say it's not even close. Cavallini has a bagful of skill as a hold-up target man as well, and can score with his head.

Akinola pre-injury, when he was showing major wheels, maybe. We haven't seen that guy again since.

Plus, we're playing a top three, with two inverted wingers. We NEED a target man.

Definitely he's not DP money, but if we got a full season out of him and 10 goals, added to what we'll get from Insigne, Bernadeschi and others, he might fill our need quite nicely.

He looked a heck of a lot better than Brian White this year.

Still, I'm sure there are better options. But I wouldn't complain if he wound up here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I seem to recall people said Rohann Rickett's would help with ticket sales because of the CanMNT pedigree - I didn't see it then, and I doubt Cavalinni would do so now. He is going to be lucky to get 15 minutes across those 3 games.
    Oh, I agree. I just want to respect to our friends on the board who also have quality opinions. I don't believe Lucas Cavallini would even be mentioned here if he was Korean, Spanish or American.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Oooh, here's a good pair. Orlando have "bonafide offers" out ... but not yet accepted.... to GK Pedro Gallese and DM Benji Michel.

Both exceeeellent players.

Damn, free agency has changed some shit in this league, finally.
    this expanded free agency can be a godsend for us going forward.

living in a great city, playing with european stars with a chance to contend is a huge carrot to offer free agents, only a couple teams in the league can offer the same.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He was released because the cost of picking up his option was $2.8M. That is obviously way too much. But Cavallini could be a decent value as a TAM striker for anybody in this league.

Cavallini gives you some goals, has a nice first touch and causes mayhem out there. Reminds me of Dichio more than any MLS player of last 10 years. He can create space for the Italians.

He is not “the same” as Akinola, who has not made anything of a bunch of opportunities, and has not been the same since he was hurt. I am not ready to give up on Ayo, but he is a long way from Cavallini.

He might also help us keep Osorio, they are super close.

EDIT: I just realized I am saying the exact same thing as three other people did. Well, anyway, I kind of like the idea, especially if it is a way to keep Oso. Not hung up on it.
    Last edited by ensco; 11-14-2022 at 11:34 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On reasonable dollars, I’d take a flyer on Cav as a back up option. But part of me wonders if there aren’t more appealing options out there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if we can move ayo or JJ ,maybe in the 300-400k range,we got way more bigger issues than another backup striker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Oh no!
    Was going to post last night that it was odd he may not have been mentioned in BB's/BM's TFC SOTU video address.
    I like Mimmo. Nothing but well wishes.
    However, this situation may be problematic for TFC with Lolo.
    Mimmo and Lolo are BFF's.
    I am suspecting his decision may lean personal/family related.
    Lolo and Fede are friends, yet Fede is emerging as a darling and spotlight rival.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 11-15-2022 at 08:13 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^
    Or perhaps he has got a mister gig lined-up and needs to return to Italy/Europe to get any of his UEFA Coaching Badges/Licenses?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^
    Seems like MS may have earned a degree of credibility with some?

EDIT...

...and just lost it with me.
    Trolling Gianluca Di Marzio!
    Should have let others fight his fight on this.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 11-15-2022 at 08:34 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Having scanned the top 258 available LBs on transfermarkt… I have found the answer
    Last edited by ensco; 11-15-2022 at 08:57 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^
    This development is certainly the monkey in the wrench of this window.
    Has Auro Jr. been officially declined? Him as RB and Laryea as LB?
    I got that default feeling it may be a re-purposed Mavinga; like at Troyes.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 11-15-2022 at 09:15 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Having scanned the top 258 available LBs on transfermarkt… I have found the answer
    Sure.
    But available?
    Isn't Sam Adekugbe under contract?
    Didn't he recently sign for a few years?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How many replies by one poster on a single page is enough? It’s annoying, even on ignore.

Too bad about Criscito but perhaps not unexpected. Always got the impression he wanted to retire while playing some of his better football and not run things all the way down to the end of the line.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Might be a hot take, but Criscito leaving is actually good. Even though he was very good, he was overpaid for the value he can bring to the team. This gives the team even more financial flexibility and forces them to look for a LB that can fill the spot for multiple years into the future. Sam Adekugbe would be great, but I think he's more likely to stay in Europe unless we make him one of the highest paid fullbacks in MLS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    How many replies by one poster on a single page is enough? It’s annoying, even on ignore.

Too bad about Criscito but perhaps not unexpected. Always got the impression he wanted to retire while playing some of his better football and not run things all the way down to the end of the line.

Well, I'll be (another!sorry nox...) devil's advocate here...

He was brilliantly skilled and brilliant going forward by MLS standards.

He was slow and easily beaten defending, and was repeatedly in his few games. He was bailed out several times by the central defender.

I can't be the only person who saw how much trouble he had defending speed, and how that might've played out over a full season.

I imagine the offense and the leadership would've mitigated some of that risk. But to me, he didn't look like he had the wheels to start at wingback or fullback anymore.

I have to think watching 22-year-old Brazilians sprint by you like you're not there, even for the best players, must be some kind of wakeup.

I imagine Chiellini feels the same way in LA, to an extent. He averaged less than 20 minutes per game in his few appearances and when he caught that one ball, and took the handball yellow card, rather than be beat over the top, it sort of reinforced that speed is at least a little necessary in this league now.

Plus, Criscito's rep is still stirling, he's a leader. A guy like that gets his coaching badges toute suite and finds a management job.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Soooo... anyone else wondering why the fuck we trade Michael Petrasso at this point?

I mean, I'm not sold on him ever becoming starting material, so maybe they feel the same way. Singh reported the Criscito thing as possible on Nov. 4, well before he left.

I guess the other question is whether worries about our dressing room are legit. If he was loving it here, he might have extended another year?

Or perhaps they saw the speed issues and told him he wasn't a lock to start every game anymore. If I'm in another country at the end of an illustrious, higher-level career, the idea of riding the pine at all isn't going to appeal.

Either way, we seem to shed fullbacks and wingers far more quickly than we sign them these days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Soooo... anyone else wondering why the fuck we trade Michael Petrasso at this point?

I mean, I'm not sold on him ever becoming starting material, so maybe they feel the same way. Singh reported the Criscito thing as possible on Nov. 4, well before he left.

I guess the other question is whether worries about our dressing room are legit. If he was loving it here, he might have extended another year?

Or perhaps they saw the speed issues and told him he wasn't a lock to start every game anymore. If I'm in another country at the end of an illustrious, higher-level career, the idea of riding the pine at all isn't going to appeal.

Either way, we seem to shed fullbacks and wingers far more quickly than we sign them these days.
    From some of the interviews he gave with Italian news it seemed like he and his family was having a hard time adjusting to life here. Insigne has 60 million reasons to adjust to life here, Criscito has a lot fewer reasons.

Agreed on the Petrasso stuff though - we were already light at fullback. Things are looking pretty dire now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Fair enough.
    Ok, perhaps I was being a little overzealous.
    Still, not that nice of a mention by you.
    Certainly not tactful.
    Clearly I'm not on ignore.
    Comments a poster who over their time-span on this board has made about 2.5 comments a day.
    I figured you to be better than this.
    Day start on the left for you?
    Keep calm and scroll!
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 11-15-2022 at 12:50 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adekugbe would be great but he signed a deal a year ago, and he's in a much more competitive league. Can't see it happening any time soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll always remember Criscito scoring one of the highlight reel goals of TFC's history.

Last edited by Canary10; 11-15-2022 at 10:40 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://en.cfmontreal.com/news/cf-mo...for-10-players
    Montreal declines the options for Pantemis... Pantemis was only on $150k. The pool of available MLS keepers is looking very deep.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    Might be a hot take, but Criscito leaving is actually good. Even though he was very good, he was overpaid for the value he can bring to the team. This gives the team even more financial flexibility and forces them to look for a LB that can fill the spot for multiple years into the future. Sam Adekugbe would be great, but I think he's more likely to stay in Europe unless we make him one of the highest paid fullbacks in MLS.
    Agreed. I don’t think it’s a hot take at all. Great take.

We do now need a genuine left back plus a backup and to secure Richie or someone else at RB next summer. Plus at least one bonafide centreback and a starting and back-up keeper.

I do worry about their ability to fill all those needs competently and in good time (though that’s literally all I scream about on this board lol).

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I loved watching mimmo play but between him and RL we were spending over 2.5 M on fullbacks.

We can probably get three solid mls vets with DC wages.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Agreed. I don’t think it’s a hot take at all. Great take.

We do now need a genuine left back plus a backup and to secure Richie or someone else at RB next summer. Plus at least one bonafide centreback and a starting and back-up keeper.

I do worry about their ability to fill all those needs competently and in good time (though that’s literally all I scream about on this board lol).
    Mimmo was always temporary too. they really needed to backfill his role this offseason whether he stays or goes. If he goes it just makes it even more of a priority.

He was great, loved watching. Don't think its totally official yet, I'll wait for an announcement from him or TFC that he is retiring.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

apparently kobe franklin will be a first team player this season, so that covers fullback depth at RB.

laryea can play LB remember.

Our fullbacks as of now: laryea/ JMR/ Franklin

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The circus continues

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was cool to see Criscito as a Red, I've been a fan for a very long time. But he wasn't sustainable at left-back in MLS. Would've liked to see him converted to CB, though.

Jesus Gallardo is on an expiring deal and would be a solid replacement. His overlapping runs with Insigne would be frightening for defenses. Would require a Criscito-type salary, though.

Faouzi Ghoulam, longtime teammate of Insigne at Napoli, has been unattached while dealing with a knee injury. He'd be a fantastic free signing if he can get healthy again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    apparently kobe franklin will be a first team player this season, so that covers fullback depth at RB.
    He was apparently rumoured to join this season and then didn't. Part of me felt that he was playing out his TFC2 contract (they exercised his option for 2022) to head to Europe. He was one of the best players in USL1 last year and a much better option than Kosi Thompson at RB and wasn't signed.

This account was right on everything TFC2 related before the season (Munoz leaving for Galaxy, Cimini being hired, player options, Petrasso getting a homegrown) 1-3 weeks before they were announced and had said Franklin was being offered a Homegrown deal for 2022....then he never signed
    https://mobile.twitter.com/LatestTFC...71601677623301
    Last edited by rydermike; 11-15-2022 at 11:21 AM.