Page 21 of 174 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 223 View Post
    After these last two years the fan base doesn’t have the stomach to be patient with more young players, I suspect we will see roster spots filled with tried and tested professionals. A failed gamble on young players can result in another fan revolt like the end of the 2021 season.
    This too is a real possibility and probability.
    The path of roster construction by BB and BM that will unfold will be interesting.
    Full of doubting, scrutinizing and/or approving comments and discussion from each of us; between all of us.
    Still...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    (So basically he's Bill Manning south).
    Manning isn't a MLS 1.0 guy though. He's a TFC 2017 forever kind of guy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Manning isn't a MLS 1.0 guy though. He's a TFC 2017 forever kind of guy.
    He was an MLS 1.0 guy until he had MLSE money. He wasn't spending the big bucks at RSL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SOS
    I am wondering if any one in the community has a latest grasp of TFC's current capology situation they may care to share.
    An update to the probable allocations/budget TFC may have to work with.
    One of my beliefs about this past season on-goings was that it all has revolved around one key necessity.
    That the situation was more than just debate about a cup half full or empty but more-so of one full or empty; dire.
    Therefore requiring the inevitable financial shell game...
    To extrapolate themselves/ourselves from a lot of questionable post success salary creeps and commitments in order to best move forward; make moves as BB et al. deem fit.
    Aside from what salaries are expected to be, or have been, shed for this upcoming season like Altidore, Auro Jr., Bono, Lawrence, Westberg, etc...
    I am supposing...
    For GAM...
    They may have at least an additional end of season amount of $200K for not making the post season.
    Also, they may have an additional $100K amount as an expansion year.
    For TAM...
    They may have about $2.72M D-TAM or just TAM since NON-D-TAM, previously at 100K/YRLY has now been rolled into GAM?
    Which now may be more than 1.9M?
    Fuck-This-Me!!!
    Anyways, IIUC, the basic general budget could be about 9.84M?
    Does anyone understand what amount of that is now available to work with?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allocation_money

https://www.charlottefootballclub.com/news/mls-101-allocation-money-salary-budgets-and-financial-rules

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    SOS
    I am wondering if any one in the community has a latest grasp of TFC's current capology situation they may care to share.
    An update to the probable allocations/budget TFC may have to work with.
    One of my beliefs about this past season on-goings was that it all has revolved around one key necessity.
    That the situation was more than just debate about a cup half full or empty but more-so of one full or empty; dire.
    Therefore requiring the inevitable financial shell game...
    To extrapolate themselves/ourselves from a lot of questionable post success salary creeps and commitments in order to best move forward; make moves as BB et al. deem fit.
    Aside from what salaries are expected to be, or have been, shed for this upcoming season like Altidore, Auro Jr., Bono, Lawrence, Westberg, etc...
    I am supposing...
    For GAM...
    They may have at least an additional end of season amount of $200K for not making the post season.
    Also, they may have an additional $100K amount as an expansion year.
    For TAM...
    They may have about $2.72M D-TAM or just TAM since NON-D-TAM, previously at 100K/YRLY has now been rolled into GAM?
    Which now may be more than 1.9M?
    Fuck-This-Me!!!
    Anyways, IIUC, the basic general budget could be about 9.84M?
    Does anyone understand what amount of that is now available to work with?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allocation_money

https://www.charlottefootballclub.co...inancial-rules
    There is so much talk of MLS salarly cap mechanism changes that there's no point to even think about it until they announce their new plans. By all accounts we should have room to move but the question is how much based on the rumored changes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about Sounders Jimmy Medranda as a LB/other depth option?
    Believe he was on at 200K?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    What about Sounders Jimmy Medranda as a LB/other depth option?
    Believe he was on at 200K?
    Nine seasons, never cracked a starting lineup. I'd have to say no. You want some upcurve or at least a spell of first-team, starting football somewhere in there to suggest it's just inconsistency etc. But never being anything but depth (he only made two appearances in the first team in 2021) suggests we can do better, even with youth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Nine seasons, never cracked a starting lineup. I'd have to say no. You want some upcurve or at least a spell of first-team, starting football somewhere in there to suggest it's just inconsistency etc. But never being anything but depth (he only made two appearances in the first team in 2021) suggests we can do better, even with youth.
    jloome... always a voice of thoughtful and fair reasons/reasoning.
    No disagreement. Known as not a starter quantity; at least has been tagged as such.
    Yet, I will always offer a second look to Sounder scraps.
    As a FYI, I noticed his stats/records may be incomplete depending on which websites one engages.
    On some he seems to have appeared -been subbed on- much more frequently in Y21 and Y22.
    Not sure about the why for those discrepancies.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 10-27-2022 at 10:36 AM. Reason: Clarification & Grammar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SKC signs Levante midfielder. First newcomer of the offseason?

https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/sport...nemanja-radoja

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Atlanta United and Josef Martinez to part ways.

Not advocating for or against it. Would Josef fit here? I know he isn't the player he was a couple years ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post

Not advocating for or against it. Would Josef fit here? I know he isn't the player he was a couple years ago.
    I’d rather take a swing on something unknown rather than sign MLS’s version of fat Ronaldo

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jozy part 2

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pass. This guy has fought with every manager they had in Atlanta and I'm pretty sure his flipping the food table and berating teamates act would wear out pretty quickly here.

Also, he is shit now.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow, I stayed away from the boards for almost 4 weeks, which is extremely rare for me. I just read through this whole thread. It seems I didn't miss much in terms of actual roster moves, tangible rumours, etc.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    What about Matias Laba? Actually, a guy with his exact skill set would be a perfect addition right now.
    Yes, I agree 100% !!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Binging on the playoffs, this is where I come up with my grand pronouncements to myself (because I don’t watch regular season with the same intensity, it's rare for me to make it through 90 of a non-TFC game).

Anyway, my grand pronouncement to myself for 2022 is: The TFC formula, combining big DPs with expensive non DP veteran older players, is … kaputt, we just cannot do it without TAM younger players in this version of MLS whatever point zero.

Every decent team is built on very good young talent, and I am not talking Academy (although that is a problem too). I am talking mostly about U 22s, TAM players, other players, all on the way up, not on the way down. Everybody good has 5 or 6 of those. We have zero.

Our unwillingness or inability to recruit in South America , and the disastrous results when we have tried, have to be addressed.

Carry on.
    I also agree with this!

But isn't it an unwillingness or inability to scout or recruit throughout most of the world? At least relative to the resources that are available to TFC? Sometimes I think the naïveté and/or arrogance that we see on the field quite often, is matched elsewhere in the organization.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I have the software. Just give me a second...

ahh, there we go.

It says: "President, Toronto FC and Toronto Argonauts"

Glad I could help.
    Bada bing, bada boom!

I mean, I don't know if this is all there is to it, but it does seem like it. I think this off-season and the beginning of next season is going to be very telling, in many ways. I am keeping an open mind, but not getting my hopes up in any way.

Fingers crossed the club realizes the situation is more tenuous than it seems on the surface. I think much of the current increased interest in TFC is a mile wide and an inch deep. Lots of the old fans are gone, or watching very passively from the sidelines. Yet they're still desperately trying to sell that "great BMO atmosphere" that the supporters created in the past. (That is, if the club is trying to sell anything at all.) The price increases don't help after a couple of years of garbage. Most of the new fans will want non-stop fun and games, and quick results. If they don't assemble a better spine to the team, and a better supporting cast; if we have some unfortunate injuries; or a couple of other things that could easily go wrong -- this could go south fast. I guess they're also hoping for a big World Cup buzz, but there are so many issues and unusual situations with this year's World Cup that I wouldn't bet the farm on it.

OK carry on. I'll probably stay away for another month or so. At least I should -- I'm so behind on more important things. It's kinda nice but scary for me to realize there's life w/o TFC...
    Last edited by Auzzy; 10-27-2022 at 02:11 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Wow, I stayed away from the boards for almost 4 weeks, which is extremely rare for me. I just read through this whole thread. It seems I didn't miss much in terms of actual roster moves, tangible rumours, etc.
    Well the season hasn't ended so usually not much goes down yet anyway. With us I expect nothing until after the waiver drafts.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well the season hasn't ended so usually not much goes down yet anyway. With us I expect nothing until after the waiver drafts.
    Thanks! Shows how much out of it I am -- also extremely rare for me. I don't know or care who is in the playoffs, what stage they're at, what the remaining schedule is, roster timelines etc. I've only watched the highlights, and only for one single playoff game. That's fine with me.

Carry on folks!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Thanks! Shows how much out of it I am -- also extremely rare for me. I don't know or care who is in the playoffs, what stage they're at, what the remaining schedule is, roster timelines etc. I've only watched the highlights, and only for one single playoff game. That's fine with me.

Carry on folks!
    Playoffs have been pretty good. I usually don't watch that much of it when we're eliminated because I am usually too angry to watch these other teams playing these games but I did this year.

Figures right when I started to come around on this shortened playoff format they're going to make it stretch out for the whole Fall.

El Patron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has anyone heard anything about Insinge leaving? I have a “trust me bro” source that his family left town and he’s looking to move back to Italy.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And BOOM, the boards go wild!! Lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For some reason I've had a feeling about this, but I know absolutely nothing. It just wouldn't surprise me if true.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Damien View Post
    Has anyone heard anything about Insinge leaving? I have a “trust me bro” source that his family left town and he’s looking to move back to Italy.
    Ooof. Let’s hope that isn’t true. But appreciate it’s better to wind things up now if he’s got doubts rather than go full Defoe

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Ooof. Let’s hope that isn’t true. But appreciate it’s better to wind things up now if he’s got doubts rather than go full Defoe
    As long as Bernerdeschi stays we're good.

El Patron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As long as Bernerdeschi stays we're good.
    my “trust me bro” source says Bernardeschi likes it here and will stay

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

no way he leaves 14 mil to go back to italy to make 5 mil.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, you do sometimes see athletes trade money for happiness. It's possible.

But for every time you see it, there are 10 examples of the opposite (eg Seba going to Saudi).

Not believing is the way to bet it, but who knows.
    Last edited by ensco; 10-28-2022 at 12:45 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    Exactly

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    There's the factor of his recent family issues. Coming here and having that happen might have soured her on being away from Italy and extended family & friends. There's more to life than extra money because he for sure already earned enough to do okay for the rest of his life. Some things you can't toss a dollar sign on.

On a side note I did notice that TFC seemed to push Bernadeschi as the main source of marketing over the past few weeks.