Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by benito View Post
    Jimenez has to hit the net from there.
    Spending tons of TAM on JJ and using our u-22 spot on Ayo look like two awful moves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Spending tons of TAM on JJ and using our u-22 spot on Ayo look like two awful moves.
    and this

Toronto FC announced today that the club has acquired Canadian international midfielder Mark-Anthony Kaye from the Colorado Rapids in exchange for midfielder Ralph Priso, a 2023 international roster slot, a natural 2023 first-round MLS SuperDraft pick and General Allocation Money (GAM). Colorado will receive a guaranteed $350,000 in 2022 GAM, $425,000 in 2023 GAM and up to $275,000 in conditional 2023 or 2024 GAM based on the player’s 2023 roster status.

TFC paid out future GAM for Kaye, will be handcuffed by this deal in the next seasons. Pointless trade in hindsight that will hinder in future seasons.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Calm and cool finish by higuain.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you not let Insigne just finish out the game? What a classless move by Bradley. And Achara has been his usual garbage self to boot.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fitting home end to this season.

We have a long way to go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Highest payroll in the league and sitting 4th from the bottom. Disappointing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by benito View Post
    Calm and cool finish by higuain.
    Just woeful again today. No chemistry up front, Italians playing woefully sloppily. Bernie with some quality but also some bad giveaways, Criscito having a very poor game. Kaye average, Bradley okay, the kids non-contributory.

The goal was just a good move, letting it run across him to take O'Neill out.

This offensive set of trying to short pass the pass to one of the top corners then put it into danger areas just seems to be all we do.

Lots of talent, same ol' same ol'.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't get the Insigne substitution. And he replaces him with Achara????? WTF is that??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So much mediocrity lately. Maybe this idea of strictly acquiring Canadians and Italians isn't it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there any reason for optimism heading into the off season?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NK Toronto View Post
    Is there any reason for optimism heading into the off season?
    Well always a chance the goalkeeper situation will be upgraded with a sack of potatoes... so I'd call that progress!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    I don't get the Insigne substitution. And he replaces him with Achara????? WTF is that??
    Classic BB sub losing us the game. Unless Insigne reveals he was hurt-and which I highly doubt given he stormed off into the tunnel-that was literally the final straw for Bb. Enough is enough.

We take off Insigne and Jesus and put out two absolute scrubs on for them snd then we proceed to get dominated the last 25 mins until we give up the winner.

Am at a loss for words on bb.

And Kaye, has one pass all night and did nothing all game. Remind me again why we got him? So underwhelming.

Credit to Berna at least.

Of note also, in both these recent losses to miami, 12 pointers, Poz was in on both game winners. And yet he couldn’t fit into BB’s “system”. Ffs.

Oh well. All the goodwill of the Italians coming earlier is done now. What a collapse form the stretch.

This team has quit on bb.
    Last edited by Hala Hrvatska; 09-30-2022 at 09:12 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Insigne is not hurt we have a bigger problem than BB!

Quote Originally Posted by Hala Hrvatska View Post
    Classic BB sub losing us the game. Unless Insigne reveals he was hurt-and which I highly doubt given he stormed off into the tunnel-that was literally the final straw for Bb. Enough is enough.

We take off Insigne and Jesus and put out two absolute scrubs on for them snd then we proceed to get dominated the last 25 mins until we give up the winner.

Am at a loss for words on bb.

And Kaye, has one pass all night and did nothing all game. Remind me again why we got him? So underwhelming.

Credit to Berna at least.

Of note also, in both these recent losses to miami, 12 pointers, Poz was in on both game winners. And yet he couldn’t fit into BB’s “system”. Ffs.

Oh well. All the goodwill of the Italians coming earlier is done now. What a collapse form the stretch.

Loyal - Win, lose or draw!

Weston, Ontario

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They were both fairly terrible as well to be honest. There was no goals coming from either of them and neither of them are preventing any. Doesn't matter anyway. All around not good enough from anyone.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meaningless game, there was no sense of urgency, you'd want them to play for pride at least.

On bright side, I noticed the defence was the most organized it's been this year. Nice tracking formation with good awareness of where each player was. Only problem is that half of the defence aren't very good and make stupid mistakes. A high priority for BB will be to upgrade the defence starting with the Keepers. My gut feeling is that we could possibly see all three keepers replaced, I wouldn't cry any tears if that in fact happens.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No evidence of that at all. They're not the first team ever that found it difficult to stay motivated once missing the playoffs. If this was Europe they'd be motivated to fight relegation, but given that there's no promotion/relegation in MLS this game was literally meaningless.

Now when TFC under Aron Winter went 0-9, that was a team that quit on the coach. We haven't remotely seen anything like that under BB.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Midfield play put me to sleep (well that and half a bottle of wine) so didn't see the Insigne sub - woken up by the goal.

Without a dedicated energetic shuttler, this current system has spacing issues. I can see why the sub because they were killing us down that side all night.

I remain unimpressed by the faux impressiveness of MB out there - lots of passing, lots of energy but lots of space around him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    No evidence of that at all. They're not the first team ever that found it difficult to stay motivated once missing the playoffs. If this was Europe they'd be motivated to fight relegation, but given that there's no promotion/relegation in MLS this game was literally meaningless.

Now when TFC under Aron Winter went 0-9, that was a team that quit on the coach. We haven't remotely seen anything like that under BB.
    Yeah, but the game was rendered "meaningless" by the collapse down the stretch...in part giving up 4 goals a game 3 times where our players just quit, particularly in Orlando.

Guys should be fighting for spots for next year and in respect for the fans who paid big bucks to come watch, every game (at home in particular) has meaning to me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Midfield play put me to sleep (well that and half a bottle of wine) so didn't see the Insigne sub - woken up by the goal.

Without a dedicated energetic shuttler, this current system has spacing issues. I can see why the sub because they were killing us down that side all night.

I remain unimpressed by the faux impressiveness of MB out there - lots of passing, lots of energy but lots of space around him.
    Me neither. On the winning goal, they skipped right by MB. Not saying ONeill didn't get skinned alive for the final move, (credit also to Higuain, pure class) but it started with Bradley getting beat...kind of like 2 of the goals in Atlanta on the corners where the flick ons were him getting beat easily to the headers and then the goals happened.

MB is supposed to be the "anchor" of the d...but here were are, 4 goals away (and yes it likely will happen in Philly given we in the 3 previous games before last night gave up 4 goals)...from tying our record goals against....he doesn't go forward, but is part of the reason we get overun in the midfield. And he quite literally never comes off...even in blowouts like away in Orlando....

Kaye is turning into a bust, the contract details on what we gave up for him are pretty shocking actually. Above as I lay some "blame" on MB on the midfield getting overun, Kaye is a large part of that...he doesn't seem to be anywhere. Doesn't win the ball...doesn't do much of anything. Perhaps I am missing something...but I expect alot more from him...and I just don't see it.

And what also is very concerning to me is Richie's regression. He was great when he first came back...but now, getting beat defensively quite easily....on one of the Miami chances, Lasiter?, he and Oneill got sliced up so easily off a Poz ball.....then on the winner, I don't even know where he was...certainly wasn't near Higuain....

And how I wish we still had Poz...he pulls the strings...just a great player. That ball by Poz to Lasister was a beauty...and then he toyed with Bradly leading to the winner. He is silky smooth.

Anyways, has anyone heard a post game presser? What was the the reason why the most expensive player in MLS was taken off? The one (plus Berna) all the fans came to see? The one of which there is a billboard of him in my city (suburb 50 kms away).

Oh well, the Philly game even with them resting guys for the playoffs, is going to be ugly.

Cheers boys, it will get better. C'est la vie.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And what also is very concerning to me is Richie's regression. He was great when he first came back...but now, getting beat defensively quite easily.
    Richie has been barely better than Kosi at RB. Definitely behind Criscito & Petrasso as far as quality FB play is concerned. Good thing he's just a loan because his new contract is an anchor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the press conference Bob mentioned that Lorenzo was feeling tightness in his leg as early as the 1st half so I believe he was subbed for this reason.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post

Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't that 0-9 a bit misleading. At the same time that happened we had a semi final champs league run and won the voyageurs- half the league losses were 1 goal games. I know there was a blow up with players and winter over tactics in there as well but when the sacking came there were a number of players who publicly spoke out in support of Aron. It was a mess but I don't remember it as the team quitting on the coach. it was schedule congestion, crazy travel mileage some close games and some bad blow outs and a dysfunctional front office. Also Aron was offered the chance to run the Academy but changed his mind last minute and opted to leave.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I missed last night and am admittedly judging by the highlights. First half didn’t look so bad? Berna had more than a couple opportunities and LI and Jimenez both should have scored when left with clear chances on goal.

I do agree Laryea looks awful. Either we’re giving him a job he’s not motivated to do or he’s distracted by the WC / next move. If Herdman can use him 3-4 different ways , why can’t we?

Not convinced by Bob Bradley in the slightest.

Anyway, onward to next season.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Starr View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't that 0-9 a bit misleading. At the same time that happened we had a semi final champs league run and won the voyageurs- half the league losses were 1 goal games. I know there was a blow up with players and winter over tactics in there as well but when the sacking came there were a number of players who publicly spoke out in support of Aron. It was a mess but I don't remember it as the team quitting on the coach. it was schedule congestion, crazy travel mileage some close games and some bad blow outs and a dysfunctional front office. Also Aron was offered the chance to run the Academy but changed his mind last minute and opted to leave.
    The locker room was divided over him. Definitely the team stopped playing. How can we ever forget Koevermans "the worst team in the world" comment?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel like Berna and Richie never really figured out how to play with each other. Richie was great before at making his runs and dribbles into the box, it seems like Berna never found him for those runs or Richie wasn't able to make them since Berna was in that space.

I thought Jesus had a good first half although he just never seemed to be on the same page as Berna/Insigne. When he made runs in one direction, passes went in a different one. I remember one or two times where he made a run one way, but LI made a pass thinking he'd go a different way.