Page 16 of 193 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Yeah I would take a pass on Belotti like I said earlier. If we think an Italian is needed then hit up Destro for TAM but we should get a newer, younger version of Bradley in midfield and scrape through Poland for a FB (maybe a DM too). I believe there are bargains to be had there.
    Ticket prices are about $120 on average , why are you looking for bargains for TFC? I’m a day one SSH there have been many crummy nights at the stadium, I think it’s time for this organization to open up vault and reward us fans. To hell with bargains. Let’s get Belotti

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 223 View Post
    Ticket prices are about $120 on average , why are you looking for bargains for TFC? I’m a day one SSH there have been many crummy nights at the stadium, I think it’s time for this organization to open up vault and reward us fans. To hell with bargains. Let’s get Belotti
    I think the point people are making, and I agree, is that we don't need him. Spend the money, yeah, but on a big player in a position we have weakness in.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    I think the point people are making, and I agree, is that we don't need him. Spend the money, yeah, but on a big player in a position we have weakness in.
    I don’t think we are going to find that big player scraping through Poland

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t think we are going to find that big player scraping through Poland
    Lol, ok you got me there. Can he be Polish rather than in Poland?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Lol, ok you got me there. Can he be Polish rather than in Poland?
    I guess if lewandowski really wants to play here we can find room. You know, we’ll make the exception.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because if Poland has more Jiminez level & cost players then you could get two very good starters for a regular max cap hit instead of one DP in a position we don't need as badly.

I'm not at BMO to see some "name" ex-Euro player trot out there. I'm there to see us win and for me, balancing the squad is how that happens.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because if Poland has more Jiminez level & cost players then you could get two very good starters for a regular max cap hit instead of one DP in a position we don't need as badly.

I'm not at BMO to see some "name" ex-Euro player trot out there. I'm there to see us win and for me, balancing the squad is how that happens.
    Well I’m not sure about that because I know we tried this low cost method from day 1 and it wasn’t until management spent big on Bradley Jody and Giovinco that we finally won

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I’m not sure about that because I know we tried this low cost method from day 1 and it wasn’t until management spent big on Bradley Jody and Giovinco that we finally won
    It's not about low cost. it's about balance. See Seattle for reference. Their net spend is low compared to ours yet they're always in the mix where we rise & fall dependant on depth, form, & injuries. Miami was/is spending big and look where it got them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not about low cost. it's about balance. See Seattle for reference. Their net spend is low compared to ours yet they're always in the mix where we rise & fall dependant on depth, form, & injuries. Miami was/is spending big and look where it got them.
    The story of the above I think is management. Seattle has the most consistent management in the league. Miami has among the worst.

I would view each respective team’s spend as a bit of a red herring. Both are spending enough to win but only one is trusting the right people to make the decisions.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    The story of the above I think is management. Seattle has the most consistent management in the league. Miami has among the worst.

I would view each respective team’s spend as a bit of a red herring. Both are spending enough to win but only one is trusting the right people to make the decisions.
    I could throw the Gals the Miami bracket too. They spend large on huge names and haven't managed to win a thing since MLS 2.0 and they are typically unbalanced. Generally front loaded.

And Portland could go in the Seattle bracket. They spend low as well and keep steady with multiple managers and a dodgy FO but they spread the $$$ around and have depth. That's what equals long term success. Blowing allocation bucks as fast as you get it can open a window of success but it's unsustainable as proven by us, Atlanta, LAFC, Cinci & Miami (but without any winning), etc.

Part of having good management is addressing roster depth while being cap compliant without over relying on allocation money to do it. That's what separates the good from the bad as much as tactics and development do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if Stefano Sturaro - Criscito and Destro's teammate at Genoa - has been looked at. Also out of contract this summer. Strong, gritty defensive midfielder with very little technical ability. Would do a real job here if BB can get over his son.

I'll throw in Javi Martinez too since he can play holding mid or center-back. Spanish connection. Will be out of contract with his Qatari club.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

About FB

Just watched 12 minutes of Richie with Notts Forest

Offensively good - his 3/4 pace & control & ability to find the pass is going to create chances next season - but defensively having an issue with a central defender beside who likes to come out & challenge attackers. Jumped in towards the middle & left his man a couple of times.

A lot like Thompson with Salcedo, except Thompson doesn't have the attacking threat yet.

We need a FB who knows how to be a defender.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    I wonder if Stefano Sturaro - Criscito and Destro's teammate at Genoa - has been looked at. Also out of contract this summer. Strong, gritty defensive midfielder with very little technical ability. Would do a real job here if BB can get over his son.

I'll throw in Javi Martinez too since he can play holding mid or center-back. Spanish connection. Will be out of contract with his Qatari club.
    Yes that’s a great shout with Sturaro.but family always comes first the horse blinders on firmly on Bob , he doesn’t see what we all have noticed with Michaels steep decline in the last year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes that’s a great shout with Sturaro.but family always comes first the horse blinders on firmly on Bob , he doesn’t see what we all have noticed with Michaels steep decline in the last year.
    That's the problem though; it hasn't been a steep decline, it's been a slow steady one for three seasons.

And the reason he can justify leaving him on is that he still impacts games; he had a 7.06 in the last game from whoscored, scored a goal and is averaging 1.7 tackles per game, a respectable dm number.

Problematically, his speed and marking issues are so substantial that he leads to at least one or two really good chances for the opposition in every game.

Add in the same one or two good chances from poor wingback play due to inepxerience, and we're in the 3-4 xGa region per game. It's often a bullshit stat, but when you compare our xG given up to our status as tied for worst goals against, MB's shortcomings become a little more apparent.

We can play well all season, but if we have two wingback blunders leading to on-goal chances and two lost by the central midfielders... that's it, we lose most of the time.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    That's the problem though; it hasn't been a steep decline, it's been a slow steady one for three seasons.

And the reason he can justify leaving him on is that he still impacts games; he had a 7.06 in the last game from whoscored, scored a goal and is averaging 1.7 tackles per game, a respectable dm number.

Problematically, his speed and marking issues are so substantial that he leads to at least one or two really good chances for the opposition in every game.

Add in the same one or two good chances from poor wingback play due to inepxerience, and we're in the 3-4 xGa region per game. It's often a bullshit stat, but when you compare our xG given up to our status as tied for worst goals against, MB's shortcomings become a little
    We can play well all season, but if we have two wingback blunders leading to on-goal chances and two lost by the central midfielders... that's it, we lose most of the time.
    you wanna play the Who Scored game? Last year’s final stats had Michael Bradley ranked 435th in the league , Omar Gonzalez was ranked higher, great that he scored last game , but was at fault on the third goal. No I think I really like the Sturaro option

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you wanna play the Who Scored game? Last year’s final stats had Michael Bradley ranked 435th in the league , Omar Gonzalez was ranked higher, great that he scored last game , but was at fault on the third goal. No I think I really like the Sturaro option
    The point was that it's the only justification for him even being on the pitch, not that it makes up for his woeful coverage. Obviously, we need a defensive midfielder.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jesus Jimenez absolutely class with 7 goals in 9 games, but I’m sure some will still say that it’s impossible to replace someone like Jozy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Jesus Jimenez absolutely class with 7 goals in 9 games, but I’m sure some will still say that it’s impossible to replace someone like Jozy.
    He's only had eight shots, as well. His strike rate is insane. If he kept that up for any length of time, we'd probably lose him after a year to a top club, as he's proving he just needs the barest of looks.

He's the new Josef Martinez, misused on the wing to start his career.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's only had eight shots, as well. His strike rate is insane. If he kept that up for any length of time, we'd probably lose him after a year to a top club, as he's proving he just needs the barest of looks.

He's the new Josef Martinez, misused on the wing to start his career.
    I think only Danny Koevermans had a better start as a TFC player. What a shame that Danny was already at the end of his career.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/players/da...vermans/stats/

Danny GPM:108

https://www.mlssoccer.com/players/jesus-jimenez/stats/

Jesus GPM:112

https://www.mlssoccer.com/players/se...iovinco/stats/

Giovinco GPM: 126

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Belotti Hat trick today, coming off the bench in the 70th

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In random out of nowhere reports - Bradley out, Cannavaro in says a very sketchy Italian newspaper.

https://www.ilmattino.it/sport/calci...i-6662116.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    In random out of nowhere reports - Bradley out, Cannavaro in says a very sketchy Italian newspaper.

https://www.ilmattino.it/sport/calci...i-6662116.html
    lol...maybe has a player,he would be the best CB on this roster even at his age

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.debrown.com.ar/ivan-gime...bol-de-canada/

Looks like this Argentine DM/WB is signing for TFC II. But he's 27, so I wonder if it's as much to see if he can play at the higher level with TFC or just a mentor role.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.debrown.com.ar/ivan-gime...bol-de-canada/

Looks like this Argentine DM/WB is signing for TFC II. But he's 27, so I wonder if it's as much to see if he can play at the higher level with TFC or just a mentor role.
    It says "Atletico Sporting Toronto". That team played in the Canadian Soccer League last year - that unsanctioned league that had the whole international gambling match fixing scandal that TFC Academy played in until that fiasco was discovered.

CSL was previously sanctioned as a Division III in Canada (they probably still claim to be that level), but haven't been sanctioned as that for a decade now. The article mentions TFC but I feel like that's wild speculation based on 'toronto'. Article mention that the team has players of "spanish/columbian/Brazilian" backgrounds. TFC2 has one Spaniard and no columbian/Brazilian players. This is 100% not a TFC2 signing.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021..._League_season
    Last edited by rydermike; 05-01-2022 at 04:54 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    It says "Atletico Sporting Toronto". That team played in the Canadian Soccer League last year - that unsanctioned league that had the whole international gambling match fixing scandal that TFC Academy played in until that fiasco was discovered.

CSL was previously sanctioned as a Division III in Canada (they probably still claim to be that level), but haven't been sanctioned as that for a decade now. The article mentions TFC but I feel like that's wild speculation based on 'toronto'. Article mention that the team has players of "spanish/columbian/Brazilian" backgrounds. TFC2 has one Spaniard and no columbian/Brazilian players. This is 100% not a TFC2 signing.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021..._League_season
    It was the line about it having an affiliate with Toronto FC that made think that. Hmm... I wonder what this is about? Some recruitment scam?

EDIT: Nope, seems the CSL is still going, as an unaffiliated league. Yikes. Talk about flogging dead horse.
    Last edited by jloome; 05-01-2022 at 07:34 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doyle with an interesting stat in his weekly roundup article

https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/why-i...ashville-s-new

TFC are not playing well, and it largely comes down to the fact that they allow so many penalty area entries. Those entries then result in a ton of shots allowed, with a league-worst 72.8% of those shots coming from inside the box.

They can’t stop or win the ball through midfield. They can’t scramble well in the box. It’s a deadly combo.

Man, we need Priso to step up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

We have absolutely zero defensive mid fielders, and that isn't even a criticism of any individuals, but it seems to be by design. Bradley, Pozuelo and Osario are all sort of sharing the defensive burden and share playmaking duties. Which is...insane. You've players in there with zero creativity getting forward and players with zero defensive abilities playing deep and it's impacting all of their games

Michael Bradley is not a play maker, Pozuelo is not a deep lying player with defensive chops. If you want to play that way you need to replace both of them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who in the squad would you expect to start next year?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

Not sure he can settle this. We need a steady, calming influence back there at DM or CB. Right now we have no one like that. If anything Bradley trying to keep up with the pace of the game is making even more chaotic for everyone else. However for right now I would definitely start Priso over Bradley. Couldn't be any worse.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who in the squad would you expect to start next year?
    Alex Bono. Pretty sure he'll be our starter until the day he passes away.