Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 2021 SSH - tickets now in account

<sarcasm>You'll all be thrilled to know that the tickets for the last 4 TFC games of the season are now in your account - looks like the regular seats</sarcasm>

Not sure why they haven't told us that - I just noticed now as I was transferring my ticket to my phone.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hard to tell everybody they have to use tickets or forfeit the $ for them when the stadium can't go to full capacity.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now that they've upped the limit from 15,000 to 22,500, I think that's enough for all SSH. That's higher than any number I've heard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if it'll be opt out going forward rather than opt in? I think they said there will be no obligation to attend matches in 2021, so this could go horribly wrong for them if the tickets are forced all of a sudden.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are not selling tickets so they need to cash in on the SSH credits. From a business point of view I can see why they would do that. From a customer satisfaction point of view not the best move.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure why but I can't access my invoices to check whether or not funds were decremented from my credit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    Not sure why but I can't access my invoices to check whether or not funds were decremented from my credit.
    I am having the same issue too. I can't access any old invoices.

Forcing the tickets this year seems like a bad move by the organization and will alienate many fans. Also, from memory I think my seats are priced higher than normal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has anyone call TFC ticket rep?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking at my account manager you can’t do anything with them yet, there are no barcodes. You can’t actually view them, transfer etc. Likely get an email with some sort of invoice, MLSE has already said no one is obligated to buy anything in 2021 unlike what they did with season ticket holders in Montreal once the L’mpact returned to town.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vince93 View Post
    Has anyone call TFC ticket rep?
    They are only place holders at this point, more info to come I am sure.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, if someone is unvaxxed there is an immediate problem, as they cant get in the stadium, but are forced to pay for seats.
    I can see MLSE spinning this, that its great to be welcoming back all SSH. But if it is forced, it'll be worse than the ransom pack days.
    I have zero interest paying for this season. I'm sure I'm not alone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While we're on the topic of membership - was anybody able to redeem the account credit "gift card" on beer? I keep forgetting I have it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Neil Davidson says 21,000 limited at BMO. Perhaps capacity currently at BMO is 28,000.

Quote Originally Posted by glaze View Post
    Well, if someone is unvaxxed there is an immediate problem, as they cant get in the stadium, but are forced to pay for seats.
    If only there was a solution for them to not be unvaxxed.

Yeah, perhaps placeholders. Opt-out might be better for them than upsetting everyone for just four games income.
    Last edited by nfitz; 09-29-2021 at 10:48 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While we're on the topic of membership - was anybody able to redeem the account credit "gift card" on beer? I keep forgetting I have it.
    I used it at the York game on one of the grey kits that are currently 75% off. Cost me $42 of the $76 that my credit was for

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not clear what the rules are. I couldn't buy a sausage with it at the vendor. And others have told me you can't get beer.

But at the full-size food places, I had no problems using it for beer and pizza.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    I used it at the York game on one of the grey kits that are currently 75% off. Cost me $42 of the $76 that my credit was for
    Over the last few games I have been to you can redeem for anything: Beer, Food, Merchandise (I have done all three in some way).
    Just tell the person at the kiosk that you have it as they need to see the barcode number on your phone to enter it in the till and you're good to go (good ol' MLSE has scanners are the kiosks but they don't read your phone).
    The only thing I will say as an asterisk is it all depends on the person at the till -- because just like the security people with approved bags and such -- everyone has been told different things.

and Jumping on what Red CB said - the tickets in the account now are placeholders like he said - I am sure there will be in opt in/out email coming after the Chicago game on Sunday during the international break.

About the invoices -- at the very beginning on TFC coming home I called my rep and they explained that with the way they were doing things with using your SSH credit on upcoming games if you so choose, the entire system (including what credit you have left) will be calculated AFTER the season is done so that you will see an accurate picture on what you owe for next season (whenever they activate the renewal portal again).
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

maybe they are free?

A gesture from TFC for the shit season and a way to get butts in the seat?

Let's be real, no one is buying tickets to the last 4 matches. At least with butts in the seats, you might get concessions out of it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes. They better be a placeholder. There wasn’t supposed to be any obligation to buy tickets this year.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suspect they are also moving to send out an email soon about October games - Thanksgiving knocks out quite a bit of available communication time before that first game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't see anything. No invoices. No tickets. Nothing.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Think I can buy a Canada Scarf with my TFC credit. LOL. #firecurtis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Those "ghost tickets" have now disappeared. I have been able to use the "gift" card. Used it to buy beer and strange food items, such as blue cheese corn dog, best worst thing I've eaten for a while.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CorrwgBach View Post
    Those "ghost tickets" have now disappeared.
    Perhaps they are reading this thread!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nfitz View Post
    Perhaps they are reading this thread!
    The ghost tickets are sentient.

RPB Member
    Banners Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone know if the SSH credit can be used at BMO on match days other than TFC game days (ie. CMNT v Panama)?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, there's the answer to the placeholder tix.
    So, you can buy all the remaining games, 2 of which are wednesdays, and 1 Sunday afternoon. The 1 kit is a nice touch, but will cause drama in my group as who of the 4 of us gets it? While making the rest of the season free wouldnt have made sense, maybe the CCL game, and the final game, would have.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone get the 5 game package email? Do you know if it’s a free shirt per seat or just one per package?

edit: nevermind, just re-read the email, one per account.

seems strange considering i have four season seats and will get the same benefit as someone with one.
    meh, shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth i suppose.
    Last edited by flambe; 10-01-2021 at 10:36 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Opt-in for all or nothing surprises me. I was planning on taking at least one ticket for most of the games, and two for a couple, with an extra pair for one.

Now I think they get even less sales from me.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glaze View Post
    Well, there's the answer to the placeholder tix.
    So, you can buy all the remaining games, 2 of which are wednesdays, and 1 Sunday afternoon. The 1 kit is a nice touch, but will cause drama in my group as who of the 4 of us gets it? While making the rest of the season free wouldnt have made sense, maybe the CCL game, and the final game, would have.
    I have a brand new Unity kit I just got, using my credit that I got for leaving my money in my account. I am also not even sure I will be able to go to all five remaining games. So I will be doing it game by game for the rest of 2021.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3 things

a) Its your actual seats (at least it is my case)

b) Substantial discount on those seats compared to normal pricing - like 2/3 of normal price

c) I only want to go to 1 game out of those 5 BUT it won't let me pick that one game only yet.

I am going to assume this is a deal for now until Monday & then I will have the chance to get my seat after that for the one game left I want to go to. IF that ticket for 1 game is not available, I'm gonna be pissed but I'm not going to make that assumption yet.