Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    This game loses Vanney coach of the year.

He should have damn well knew Montreal was going to come in hard. He did not prepare the boys or himself for it. He did nothing. It is sad and I can't believe he expect a high press. The boys are playing slow, back passes under pressure, making the same mistakes over and over. refusing to counter instead waiting to let them defend. It is just OMG. This is the worst I've seen..
    Dude he's gonna cruise to Coach of the Year by a mile. I know you don't like him but we're going to win the Shield and there are no better candidates.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rickets wow..... Wow

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hearing Bradley and Vanney's post game interviews will be interesting.

The game on october 15th becomes much more important. Statement game at the end of the regular season. We can't take our foot off the gas for the rest of the season like we did tonight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Least score isn't as embarrassing now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's just delete this thread and move on

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What an odd game this has been.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

supposedly Ricketts has scored twice. good for him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    supposedly Ricketts has scored twice. good for him.
    Two great headers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ben Spencer is Justin Braun in disguise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't understand why you include Vazquez in the 18 if he's not going to play. Odd team selection tonight. On the plus side, I've met Norm Powell of the Raptors while leaving the stadium, nice bloke.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC gets a draw out of this game if Spencer can head the ball on the net
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Spencer fucked this up.
    Ricketts was coming in!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    I'd say if Hamilton starts instead of Spencer...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    No, he can't.
    He needs 10 headers to get 1 one the frame.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One has to wonder how in the hell Cooper is still on the field

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As long as Vanney has learned about certain players from this... and that they never see the fucking field again....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get well soon (like immediately), Victor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UpTheReds View Post
    Don't understand why you include Vazquez in the 18 if he's not going to play. Odd team selection tonight. On the plus side, I've met Norm Powell of the Raptors while leaving the stadium, nice bloke.
    Pretty sure Vasquez was supposed to play about 30 minutes due to not being 100% due to fever, until it got to 5-1, then there was no point. If it was tied or 2-1,we definitely would've seen him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's hope all of Giovinco, Altidore and Vasquez are healthy for some of these last few games, because you want momentum going into the playoffs you don't want to go into the playoffs on some kind of loosing streak. Moreover, if this team is going to the the MLS Cup Final you need all three to be healthy or else it's either Atlanta or NYRD Bulls in the final representing the east.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For most of that game that was our worst performance of the season... and we still managed to get back in it. I'm not happy or anything but at least the guys made somewhat of a game out of it.

The goals were 3 horrendous individual mistakes and 2 team breakdowns where we were trying way too hard to score. I mean, cut out a mistake or two and Vanney subs on Hamilton instead of Spencer (dear lord, please let those be his last minutes of the season) and we somehow might have gotten a draw. There was the VAR thing too which could have been a penalty, Bush basically punched Spencer in the face...

At lot of this sucks (losing the undefeated record at home, all the all-time best record chasing), but truth is none of it actually matters. We're still going to win the Shield and Montreal is still going to miss the playoffs. We just need to respond well from this and prove immediately and without question that it was a one-time blip, not the start of a downswing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    Let's hope all of Giovinco, Altidore and Vasquez are healthy for some of these last few games, because you want momentum going into the playoffs you don't want to go into the playoffs on some kind of loosing streak.
    IIRC correctly we were winless in 5 going into the Philly game last year. Momentum for the most part is extremely over rated in MLS. If we play our best 11 we don't lose in the playoffs. simple as that.

white shirt covered in alcohol stains
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Young players need opportunities. If they show promise and progress you can accept some errors. But Ben Spencer has not shown any contribution or sign he deserves to play at this level. With so many other young players with real promise on the bench it is extremely frustrating to see him play.

Press needs to ask why young home growns with promiss are not getting minutes: Hamilton, Chapman and Edwards

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edwards should have gone one earlier IMO. Pretty telling IMO that before he comes on, basically nothing is going into the box, and ten minutes after, you got two from Ricketts.

The first assist definitely came off Edwards, although I think the second was Cooper. Still, the kid creates chances.

Morrow was invisible tonight. Cooper was mostly useless too. No idea why Vanney likes Spencer. Seems like Ricketts and Osorio were the only starters who came out to play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The assumption is that Hamilton doesn't put in the work in practice. Hamilton is clearly the better player at this point but if that is the story than it's at least somewhat understandable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This game wasn't quite as bad as 6-2 loss at home to Philly or 3-0 at home to New England, But it wasn't far off. Osorio and Ricketts the only two tonight who come away without criticism.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cooper and Spencer actually impressed me tonight. In the final 12-15 minutes TFC were the better team in my opinion and after Ricketts scored his second I thought we had a chance as we were creating plenty of chances.

Let's get 'em on October 15th.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ricketts is good at stretching the defence. Too bad we kept trying to do 5 passes in the area.
    Cooper remains a weakness in this team. We had a year's supply of bone head plays. Hopefully out of the system. Montreal was better on the night. We better bring it in Foxboro.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    This game wasn't quite as bad as 6-2 loss at home to Philly or 3-0 at home to New England, But it wasn't far off. Osorio and Ricketts the only two tonight who come away without criticism.
    Agreed. Cooper and Spencer were much better than usual but were still shaky. Hasler impressed me in the final 10-15 minutes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wopchop View Post
    Edwards should have gone one earlier IMO. Pretty telling IMO that before he comes on, basically nothing is going into the box, and ten minutes after, you got two from Ricketts.

The first assist definitely came off Edwards, although I think the second was Cooper. Still, the kid creates chances.

Morrow was invisible tonight. Cooper was mostly useless too. No idea why Vanney likes Spencer. Seems like Ricketts and Osorio were the only starters who came out to play.
    Thought Morrow was the only one making wing runs in the first half, he kept creating space. Only problem was no creative runs in the middle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Totally meaningless game for us in the big picture but it sucks that it was Montreal and it sucks to sacrifice the home record in the name of resting players. Now we actually need a response in New England or we concede hope to the rest of the league.