Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by General Woolfe View Post
    Feck off Giger....

Never a red card. He barely touched him. MLS really is a bush league. To think this clown will be representing MLS in the World Cup. What a joke!

Those saying he touched him, so what? There was no aggression whatsoever
    Irrelevant. Laws of the Game is very clear on hand to the face is a red card.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Feck off Giger....

Never a red card. He barely touched him. MLS really is a bush league. To think this clown will be representing MLS in the World Cup. What a joke!

it is a mickey mouse league. last week the seatle guy held gio's shirt on a fast break, clearly unsportsmanlike conduct
    now this.
    if i was him i would go back to the Italian league, this mls league is beneath him

and if he does leave no way i renew my season seats, no way, i can buy tickets so cheap on ticketsnow

note to mls: you do not take out your star players out of future games when people pay good money to see them play

mickey mouse bush league. also, we play on a really crappy argos field
    Last edited by stevep; 05-12-2018 at 08:36 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dunno...This isn't the NBA where you touch a player and get a flagrant. Should've been yellow at most.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wopchop View Post
    In what way?
    Just felt like we started moving the ball way slower

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did a Seattle player not grab Osorio’s face last game?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is the rule not touching the face of the opponent? Or not touching the opponent at all when it's not a soccer play? The New England player tried to interrupt Giovinco jogging the ball back to the centre circle, but that is not punishable? But when Giovinco touches his face, it is? Is it subjective? Please, someone, explain to me the exact rule here, and why it's inconsistent.

Also on the free kick, allowing the play to go on when the New England player went right up to the ball is ridiculous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weak red but Seba has to be smarter. He gets too many cards from complaining or losing his temper.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hands to the face is a FIFA mandated red card. He's gone for 2 games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There was a good 20 seconds left before the full stoppage time wtf.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Hands to the face is a FIFA mandated red card. He's gone for 2 games.
    now i see two shitty home games in a row now, we have no strikers now
    i was really looking forward to those guys
    fkcu i hate this league

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by benito View Post
    Weak red but Seba has to be smarter. He gets too many cards from complaining or losing his temper.
    This times a million, a player like Seba should only ever get a card for time-wasting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stupid card to get. Get back to the halfway line. We were losing and needed another goal. Don't get involved in that crap. Not needed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is why we had to win vs. Seattle mid-week.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another joke - another loss, and now another loss next week as we have no one up front again, it’s a petulant Gio play which is tolerable when you are dominating the league and everyone is healthy, but not in this situation.....unless they win 14-15/20 to end the year this team will not make the playoffs....they will be lucky to have more than 10-12 points total through the next 5 games until June 24 (which is about the time I would suggest a significant portion of our team might actually be on the field together again)...... That basically puts them needing about 42 points+ to make the playoffs....if anyone is seeing something else other than a team who is emotionally losing it right now than you are a blind optimist.

Again, I get that this is injury based and we blew it all on CCL, but whatever the reasons, this team is getting further and further behind and just because people think they can win a pile of games to end the year is no guarantee this will happen......I really hope they reconsider how to handle CCL next year......I get going for it this year as part of an all-time legacy thing, but I’m not throwing away what might be our last year with this core group next year on another ill-fated CCL run......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Feck off Giger....

Please learn the rules of the game before putting out such a comment.
    This is a 100% red card.
    Last edited by PizzaEatingYeti; 05-12-2018 at 08:48 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Just felt like we started moving the ball way slower
    Ah, yes. Definitely. I figured he was doing it on purpose. That first half was moving quickly and was basically uncontrollable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everyone is saying "hand to face" is automatic red card. I am looking through the laws of the game and simply cannot find that stated at all. Unless we refer to it at as "violent conduct" in which case this should be discretionary, and I don't believe what Giovinco did was violent.

https://www.fifa.com/mm/document/afd...t_en_47379.pdf

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post
    Please learn the rules of the game before putting out such a comment.
    This is a 100% red card.
    Quote Originally Posted by PAOK17 View Post
    Everyone is saying "hand to face" is automatic red card. I am looking through the laws of the game and simply cannot find that stated at all. Unless we refer to it at as "violent conduct" in which case this should be discretionary, and I don't believe what Giovinco did was violent.

https://www.fifa.com/mm/document/afd...t_en_47379.pdf
    PizzaEAtingYeti can show us

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought that the hands to the face thing was a USSF directive and not from FIFA?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Couchy81 View Post
    PizzaEAtingYeti can show us
    pizza eating yeti is an authority on what constitutes a red card
    he is an expert

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exact same red happened to Kaka last season after video review:

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2017/...-kaka-red-card

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well the good thing is the bandwagon should clear out a bit by the end of this season😂 (for those of us who’ve been around since years 1-8 this is just like old times, we did 1/2 a decade of atrocious soccer without batting an eye, what’s 4-5 months?! — ha ha ha), on the plus side, maybe I can put my two pairs of ST together finally as a foursome.....😄😄😄......Less crowding in the tunnel by the fall.....easier to get at table at Joes.....it’s like Monty Python....always look on the bright side of life (whistle the tune if you know it!)......at this point I’m left with gallows humor, there’s nothing left to say in terms of the sheer volume of injuries, bad luck, and idiocy, that has befallen this squad from March-May of this year.....feels like Karmic retribution (or regression to the mean) after last years historic year.....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mavinga wasn't fully fit - he kinda of sauntered after a few plays and wasn't his normal speed by any means. It was good to see Bradley back in his better position. Delgado & Osorio are going to break down if we don't get them some time off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    pizza eating yeti is an authority on what constitutes a red card
    he is an expert
    The irony is that I made it easy for all the people making claims "It's in the rules" by posting the official laws of the game from FIFA. Now all we hear is crickets on the issues.

That's what bothers me the most by people claiming to be experts on many aspects in society. They'll make statements like something is written in law, when it is actually not, and then the equally lazy will just follow their false claims.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://resources.fifa.com/mm/documen...en_neutral.pdf

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-12---fouls-and-misconduct

VIOLENT CONDUCT

Violent conduct is when a player uses or attempts to use excessive force or brutality against an opponent when not challenging for the ball, or against a team-mate, team official, match official, spectator or any other person, regardless of whether contact is made.

In addition, a player who, when not challenging for the ball, deliberately strikes an opponent or any other person on the head or face with the hand or arm, is guilty of violent conduct unless the force used was negligible.
    https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2018/...-after-scoring

You be the judge if this is 'negligible' force.
    Last edited by Yohan; 05-12-2018 at 09:11 PM.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Exact same red happened to Kaka last season after video review:

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2017/...-kaka-red-card
    Even in that situation, the author and commentators say "Letter of the Law" but don't give a citation to the specific law. Maybe it's just my university background that has ingrained in me the importance of an official reference before making a claim. I really believe none of these experts have read the rules, but instead are just regurgitating information based on passed decisions by refs they have witnessed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PAOK17 View Post
    The irony is that I made it easy for all the people making claims "It's in the rules" by posting the official laws of the game from FIFA. Now all we hear is crickets on the issues.

That's what bothers me the most by people claiming to be experts on many aspects in society. They'll make statements like something is written in law, when it is actually not, and then the equally lazy will just follow their false claims.
    i believe it is called "appeal to authority fallacy"

these experts should google it and learn something today, they can say they learned what the appeal to authority fallacy is

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, except every darn ref & journo & person involved in this league knows this rule exists. Seba is gone until June 2nd.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"unless the force used was negligible." That's the key which allows subjectivity. When I think of a "strike" to a face, I think of a slap or punch with some sort of force.

If what Giovinco did was not considered "negligible", then what constitutes negligible force?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wopchop View Post
    Mostly agree. He has talent. I thought he played quite well last week with Vasquez. I still think that he could work out, but I'll admit it's getting worrying.

That second goal tonight is all him IMO, but to put all the blame on him for the first is harsh.
    you could argue all 3 goals were on him