Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by boban View Post
    What a joke .. I am season ticket hold and wait to 4 only to find out its sold out .. what a joke
    Why can't I get my own tickets?? I am a season ticket holder FFS!!!!!!!!!!!

Last year I got 4 tickets, this year I get not even my seasons. What a shitty way to sell tickets.
    Access the event through searching on TM. Don't use the link, and use MS Edge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post
    Not showing me any tickets for the 4pm group. This sucks
    Refresh and try again - took their system a few mins to release their 4pm batch it looks like.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not showing me any tickets for the 4pm group. This sucks
    Same here. I tried reaching my account manager, but I got his voicemail.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by samuraizero View Post
    Shouldnt be sold out - are you getting an error? I had a hell of a time having it load tickets for me. Try to load in Chrome, in INCOGNITO mode.
    You are right, by chance I went back in and noticed some tickets .. got a pair.
    But nonetheless the process was way worse than last year.

I like how last round was done. Get your own tickets and then a presale for leftovers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto Ruffrider View Post
    Same here. I tried reaching my account manager, but I got his voicemail.

They cant do anything for you anyways. keep trying - chrome + incognito seems to help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by boban View Post
    You are right, by chance I went back in and noticed some tickets .. got a pair.
    But nonetheless the process was way worse than last year.

I like how last round was done. Get your own tickets and then a presale for leftovers.
    that's the ideal way, but totally impossible to do because MLS has to comp sponsors for the final.
    should've just been interactive map like last year....select the seats you want on the map, and away you go......

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Managed to grab a seat in 205 right behind my regular seat. $130. They better win, this time.��

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by westside8 View Post
    Refresh and try again - took their system a few mins to release their 4pm batch it looks like.
    All day i had a window open that showed me what section and rows were available in a box on the right. Then at 4pm the option to access the 4pm window became available so entered code and was accepted. But all my choices in the right pane remained locked, my code would not work to unlock them because it seems they are still reserved for the earlier windows. These were much better sections then what was offered to me (121 row 10 vs 221 row 18).

So apparently earlier windows get all the best seats allocated. Like someone said earlier a scalper with a bunch of cheap tickets since year 1 will be able to jump in today and upgrade to premium sections to make a killer profit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got my tickets!!!!! Not my seats, but close enough so excited!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been following this thread all day and tried the trick with the different email links and browsers - Winning combination for me was using Chrome with the 2nd email called UPDATE: MLS Cup Presale Link from 11am today , I was able to use the drop down menu and choose sections. Ended up completely diagonally across the other end of the stadium, not my first choice but at least I'm in. Got em in 126 really hope I got some scalpers tickets and not a supporter.
    Last edited by Couchy81; 12-01-2017 at 04:23 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All day i had a window open that showed me what section and rows were available in a box on the right. Then at 4pm the option to access the 4pm window became available so entered code and was accepted. But all my choices in the right pane remained locked, my code would not work to unlock them because it seems they are still reserved for the earlier windows. These were much better sections then what was offered to me (121 row 10 vs 221 row 18).

So apparently earlier windows get all the best seats allocated. Like someone said earlier a scalper with a bunch of cheap tickets since year 1 will be able to jump in today and upgrade to premium sections to make a killer profit.
    Yep - seems like they had different inventory for different sections. I was seeing the same thing you were as I was part of the 4pm group myself as once I entered my code, I was not seeing anything available to me but a different browser window showed locked tickets to level 100s

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Couchy81 View Post
    I've been following this thread all day and tried the trick with the different email links and browsers - Winning combination for me was using Chrome with the 2nd email called UPDATE: MLS Cup Presale Link from 11am today , I was able to use the drop down menu and choose sections. Ended up completely diagonally across the other end of the stadium, not my first choice but at least I'm in. Got em in 126 really hope I got some scalpers tickets and not a supporter.
    You probably just got them before me. I was wanting 126 and got 105.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Tifoso View Post
    that's the ideal way, but totally impossible to do because MLS has to comp sponsors for the final.
    should've just been interactive map like last year....select the seats you want on the map, and away you go......
    Then take that section or two for sponsors and notify those SSH and give them a window for 1st dibs.
    I see no rational to make 26,000 move instead 3-5,000.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had better luck using my phone....I couldn't get any seats on chrome, it would just say seats are unavailable or someone beat me to them. Tried on my phone got some options I didn't like so I would try again, finally got section 209 row 8 which I was content with then everything went smoothly.
    I was also in the 4:00 time slot and there were a bunch of seats unavailable that were there minutes earlier.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chrome was useless. I used Firefox on an iMac, and that seemed to do the trick. I got seats in Section 225, Row 20.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by catz4ever View Post
    5 mins until my time keeping all fingers crossed please let the soccer gods smile my way, its been one long ass day
    We didn't get in until after our appointed time?
    But - we have tix for the MLS Cup Final!
    That's all that matters right now.
    This has been a long and stressful day . . .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by catz4ever View Post
    You probably just got them before me. I was wanting 126 and got 105.
    I tried refreshing a few times for tickets in that dropdown it kept giving me 126 row 18s and row 16s.
    Come squeeze in with us I don't mind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got my own seats. Was given an email with 72 hour window to secure them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Things didn't exactly work out the way it was described in the email... but got my tix anyway.

- Clicked on link at 10am, refreshed a few times, message saying "Tickets sold out, next opportunity at 12pm". Panic starts to weigh in.
    - Refreshed a couple more times and tickets available. Entered code and was able to select seats. My section 225 had everything available and although I could have moved up several rows I took my own seats. Which I like.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got my seats two rows back from my seasons. I hasd a 12pm slot. Happy about what i got but very pissed off about the process.

For 20 minutes i tried the best available with the link that tfc sent right before the window ipened and could not get any seats at all!

So the. I had to start getting creative searching for the earlier links i had been sent and using them etc. Eventually i was able to get seats.

This is total bs. There ahould be one method of access. We should be told what that is. It should work.

Forcing people to guess which links work, which browsers work, and whether you can have more than one tab open is crazy. Some people could select individual seats, some could pick best available by area, some could pick best available by acrolling down a long list, some could not select at all.

Its a non transparent process - that is bogus and it helps the professional scalpers immensley. I am sure they already knew exactly what to do.

I do not think what i am asking for is too much. I want a fair transparent process that treats everyone the same and which does not require hacker skills or luck to master.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by raff View Post
    I got my seats two rows back from my seasons. I hasd a 12pm slot. Happy about what i got but very pissed off about the process.

For 20 minutes i tried the best available with the link that tfc sent right before the window ipened and could not get any seats at all!

So the. I had to start getting creative searching for the earlier links i had been sent and using them etc. Eventually i was able to get seats.

This is total bs. There ahould be one method of access. We should be told what that is. It should work.

Forcing people to guess which links work, which browsers work, and whether you can have more than one tab open is crazy. Some people could select individual seats, some could pick best available by area, some could pick best available by acrolling down a long list, some could not select at all.

Its a non transparent process - that is bogus and it helps the professional scalpers immensley. I am sure they already knew exactly what to do.

I do not think what i am asking for is too much. I want a fair transparent process that treats everyone the same and which does not require hacker skills or luck to master.
    Well said. A fair, transparent process shouldn't be that much to ask.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The ticketmaster app wouldn't work on my phone for the 2pm selection - the window for the code would be obscured by the keyboard! I ended up in 209 row 3 (regulars are 205) so I'm fine with the result.

I'm a bit surprised to see my specific seats on stubhub for $300 US. That's about 3x what I paid for the seats I got... Is that market?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help!!! I need one ticket to this match! Please help me! Have i missed anything?!!
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used firefox so didnt have the problems others seemed to have.

I also knew I was never going to get my season seat as they seemed to have staked out the first 10 rows of 221.

To my mind, I'm then dipping a ladle into the big pot all of us SSH not in the South had to grab a bowl from. If people are lucky enough to get their SS, all power to them. Most of us won't. So we are all, based on seniority, doing what we can to be there. In that situation, which the league creates, I'm not going to worry about who was sitting in that one seat two nights ago.

Even with the initial panic of "oh my gosh I'm locked out!", which sounded like a coding glitch where seat availability was set to start after the time when logging in was allowed, I actually thought the process was more transparent. Sections and seats was relatively easy to navigate if you looked at the map that conveniently stayed up on the left. I had lots of choice in that big pot and can't really complain about the choice or the price.

Others didn't experience that, obviously. But my own personal experience was actually better then last year.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paul-collins View Post
    ...I'm a bit surprised to see my specific seats on stubhub for $300 US. That's about 3x what I paid for the seats I got... Is that market?
    There are people selling seats on Stubhub in sections that don't exist this year. I wouldn't trust a single thing in there until next Tuesday.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 12-01-2017 at 10:40 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by glaze View Post
    The atmosphere last year was bad because it was -20, the tension was increased, and Seattle played a defensive style that wasn't very exciting.

At least we're being guaranteed seats.

It isn't ideal. But it's a league issue. Not MLSE. I imagine most of us would prefer this to a neutral site.

The only flaw was they should have for seen this and put in some extra temp seating. Rather than the VIP suites they erected.
    Check stubhub mate. I hope the supporters section gets loud with all the day trippers. Couple that with stories of SSH that can’t get tickets. Either move the game to a neutral site or make it a home game for the SS winner with the club having control. Get off the pot MLS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UpTheReds View Post
    Check stubhub mate. I hope the supporters section gets loud with all the day trippers. Couple that with stories of SSH that can’t get tickets. Either move the game to a neutral site or make it a home game for the SS winner with the club having control. Get off the pot MLS.
    Unfortunately the bolded part won't happen as much as alot of ppl want it to - this is the standard across all North American professional leagues where the league/commissioner's office has control of tickets for playoffs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Because "real supporters" don't want to shell out for season tickets, apparently.

I call bs on this whole claim of lack of atmosphere, because I was there. The atmosphere at last year's cup was amazing.
    Let's not forget that the entire south end was left untouched. Let's not kid ourselves, but with the exception of a "TFC" chant, and some oooo's and aaaaah's, the majority of the atmosphere comes from the south end. This coming from someone who doesn't sit in a supporter's section.

However, I do agree that the whole thing is pretty disorganized. I blame Ticketmaster. You would think that the largest ticket distributor would be capable of handling large ticket demand without their website crashing, or encountering other errors. I mean, that's their service!
    Last edited by PAOK17; 12-01-2017 at 11:07 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    There are people selling seats on Stubhub in sections that don't exist this year. I wouldn't trust a single thing in there until next Tuesday.
    Not only dont exist this year but some of those never existed. 112 row 29? Never been there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by westside8 View Post
    Unfortunately the bolded part won't happen as much as alot of ppl want it to - this is the standard across all North American professional leagues where the league/commissioner's office has control of tickets for playoffs
    I’m a Raptors season seat holder too. I pay for my playoff tickets right up to and including the NBA finals to sit in my own seats all playoffs long.