Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Considering all the complaining we tend to do on here about this group - they finished 2nd overall in a 26 team league and have barely been at home all year. The cards have been stacked against them since early-September or so. It’s been 14 games in a row not at BMO. 8 wins 4 losses and 2 draws. Without all of their DPs and many other starters for a lot of those games too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcfans View Post
    See you on the 24th - Shield is done; hope we have a full squad to try to win 4 games — Going to Philly with a full squad is not an impossible task; we’ve won in NY and Atl.....
    Philly is a lot better at home than NY or ATL was at home at that time.
    Here are their stats in Philly:

Games / Won / Draw / Lost / Goals
    11 / 10 / 1 / 0 / 27:6

This is a sensational record.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We could just as easily win the cup this year as go out in our first game. Neither would surprise me as there are no dominant teams in this league.

Last month when we were on that win streak some of the commentators on TSN were comparing this squad to the 2017 team. To me this was laughable. The 2017 team had 4 legit DP quality players, while this team has one. I hope that the 2017 squad will one day be replicated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's funny how this forum works. The moment the game ends everyone stops posting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NK Toronto View Post
    Last month when we were on that win streak some of the commentators on TSN were comparing this squad to the 2017 team. To me this was laughable. The 2017 team had 4 legit DP quality players, while this team has one. I hope that the 2017 squad will one day be replicated.
    Huge truth here!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcfans View Post
    Considering all the complaining we tend to do on here about this group - they finished 2nd overall in a 26 team league and have barely been at home all year. The cards have been stacked against them since early-September or so. It’s been 14 games in a row not at BMO. 8 wins 4 losses and 2 draws. Without all of their DPs and many other starters for a lot of those games too.
    its not saying much, the competition of tfc opponents is slightly above usl
    this nyrb is a usl team, and tfc lost to them

the greatness of this team is gone when giovinco was gone.
    jozy one of the best players in the world is nothing without giovinco
    we replaced VV with poz but its not enough
    the death blow was gio no longer on tfc
    you're all fooling yourselves if you dont see that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    General thoughts:

- 3 DP’s on the field but only one that’s still having the impact
    - Another good performance from Priso. Not as sparkling as last game but still a good outing.
    - goal or not I’m still no fan of Endoh / DeLeon up top.
    - when subbed (or maybe one day starting?) I’d use Nelson in a structured role as a FW that gets to the endline, cuts in to shoot, is expected to track back, etc... that free role is not going to do him any favours. Make him understand the pro game and contribute in a organized way. Worry about him being the next Ronaldinho later
    Umm Piatti is the third dp.

Agree with endoh and DeLeon. Hopefully Piatti is back and I'd play laryea at left wing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We could just as easily win the cup this year as go out in our first game. Neither would surprise me as there are no dominant teams in this league.

i will give tfc a pass this season,on the road, injuries all that stuff,i agree with you ,they could make another run or lose in the first rd,they have really been average the last 6 weeks or so.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's funny how this forum works. The moment the game ends everyone stops posting.

We win - certain people post more

We lose - certain people post more

plus ca change

Orange ball snow game out in Utah is the only really interesting game in the West.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 11-08-2020 at 07:00 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Couldn't organize a ....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I completely agree that Gio was an amazing player (in his prime), but his output seriously declined, and he was but a shadow of what he was when he left TFC. So no, Gio would not have saved us.

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    its not saying much, the competition of tfc opponents is slightly above usl
    this nyrb is a usl team, and tfc lost to them

the greatness of this team is gone when giovinco was gone.
    jozy one of the best players in the world is nothing without giovinco
    we replaced VV with poz but its not enough
    the death blow was gio no longer on tfc
    you're all fooling yourselves if you dont see that

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas View Post
    I completely agree that Gio was an amazing player (in his prime), but his output seriously declined, and he was but a shadow of what he was when he left TFC. So no, Gio would not have saved us.
    It's high time to get another good old DeRo fight going! The death blow is that DeRo is no longer on TFC!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

Couldn't organize a ....
    And once again limiting responses... Only people that they tagged in the tweet can respond. Weak...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Really not much to say about it. We lost and have no idea who we are playing next. Hoping we get a good match up next round.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Comparing this team to 2017 is a fools game - no one in their right mind thinks that we are as talented as that group - that team was rated as the best team EVER in the history of MLS on their little contest to determine such on their website (obviously its very subjective but still)....Wherever that team sits in the pantheon of MLS teams (top 3 for sure) ; if that’s the bar by which you measure how good we are from year to year, and anything less than that is a failure, then you will be very disappointed every year likely for the next few decades I’m sure — I just want my team to win a Shield or an MLS Cup (however imperfect they are, as all teams are in this league, especially this season).....They are a legitimate contender as much as any team; outside of Philly, would I pick against us at Home against a West team in the Finals if we are healthy? Nope; we will be underdogs in one game - @Philly, and with a healthy squad we are probably a 65-35 underdog in a one game playoff. Philly still has to avoid any potholes to get there, as would we, so there are no guarantees we would ever have to leave Hartford either if we go the Finals.....Go Nashville!!!
    Last edited by tfcfans; 11-08-2020 at 08:02 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    It's high time to get another good old DeRo fight going! The death blow is that DeRo is no longer on TFC!
    That was a classic. I think it reached 100 pages and included such items as whether Earl Cochrane actually received the fax to confirm Dero’s trail at Celtic.

Say what you will about championships and success but it can’t be beat the entertainment value of good old fashioned muck raking and dysfunction.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

Couldn't organize a ....
    l bet this is Trump's doing. He is mad at Philly because it cost him Pennsylvania.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seattle v LAFC in round one....A bunch of crazy endings created that rematch....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Snow in Salt Lake was fun to watch tonight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do we have any worst record against anyone like visitors, than with the Red Bulls?
    It was said in the TSN match commentary that we won 2 matches from 16 prior to this one.

IMO if we consider the extra fact that NYRB has great quality pitch, not some crap plastic (a la New England), we have done for sure the worst as visitors.

Edit:
    Does someone has some stats from which we know the away opponents with whom we have the top 3-4 worst records historically ?
    Last edited by PizzaEatingYeti; 11-09-2020 at 04:53 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post
    Do we have any worst record against anyone like visitors, than with the Red Bulls?
    It was said in the TSN match commentary that we won 2 matches from 16 prior to this one.

IMO if we consider the extra fact that NYRB has great quality pitch, not some crap plastic (a la New England), we have done for sure the worst as visitors.

Edit:
    Does someone has some stats from which we know the away opponents with whom we have the top 3-4 worst records historically ?
    Unofficially but quite confidently I believe NER and RSL would crack the top of that list. Our struggles at Gillette have been well documented and I believe we won for the first time at the Riot last season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We need a midfield of Osario, Piatti, Pozuello and Delgado and to have Mavinga on the pitch healthy to have any chance of progressing through the playoffs. Our game is too slow when Bradley is on the pitch as everything goes through him. Hopefully this 2 week break gets them all back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post
    I always thought that looking at total money spent on rosters proportional with the results, TFC is the biggest underachiever in the history of MLS.
    I mean how many times was TFC the biggest spender, or in the top 3 biggest spenders per season? And even in the first 4-5 years, when we where really really bad, we were decent spenders on team roster.
    And what can TFC show for all this? 1 Shield and 1 Cup. Too little!
    7 Canadian Championships, 1 Shield, 3 Eastern Conference Championships, 1 MLS Cup = 12 Major Trophies.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    7 Canadian Championships, 1 Shield, 3 Eastern Conference Championships, 1 MLS Cup = 12 Major Trophies.
    We have a bunch of 2nd place finishes as well. It means we are competing. Like - legit competing

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    Another list of achievements not ending in trophies...CCL finals even though we didn't win the penalty shootout...not many MLS teams can claim that especially having all Mexican competition the whole way. Also, we were in the MLS Cup finals 2016,2017, 2019 which is no small achievement (3 out of last 4 years). And now 2nd place overall playing away from home most of this season during the 2020 season and narrowly missing the Shield. Too little in achievements? Interesting take. Not mine though. That is for sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    That was a classic. I think it reached 100 pages and included such items as whether Earl Cochrane actually received the fax to confirm Dero’s trail at Celtic.

Say what you will about championships and success but it can’t be beat the entertainment value of good old fashioned muck raking and dysfunction.
    Well.....if a fax had been sent, then somewhere out there must be a fax confirmation sheet eh lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jozy and Oso both looked much fitter than I expected. Give them another two weeks and I like the team we can put on the field. Even better if Marky and Piatti recover too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bhandsome90 View Post
    Those 2 still play in the double pivot, but they provide each other space and don't slow build up play. Team still needs wingers. Piatti is really the only true winger Vanney likes to play.
    In general, what type of formation would be suitable for wingers to play in. For example, when I'm playing FIFA on the PS4, I tend to play in a 4-2-2 diamond formation, which looks something like this:

Striker Striker
    Central Attacking Midfielder
    Left Midfielder Right Midfielder
    Central Defensive Midfielder
    Left Back Centre Back Centre Back Right Back

In this scenario, could you have a "winger" in instead of a LM/RM, or even in place of the LB/RB?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spe18 View Post
    In general, what type of formation would be suitable for wingers to play in. For example, when I'm playing FIFA on the PS4, I tend to play in a 4-2-2 diamond formation, which looks something like this:

Striker Striker

In this scenario, could you have a "winger" in instead of a LM/RM, or even in place of the LB/RB?
    I think you want to start by adding 2 more players to the 4-2-2 ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spe18 View Post

Striker Striker

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    I think you want to start by adding 2 more players to the 4-2-2 ...
    Oh right, of course, I mean a 4-4-2, in a diamond!