Page 2 of 98 FirstFirst 1234561252 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    We are so trapped . It was all to see last night . The talent if there didn't show . And now we have to make diamonds out of coal . If we have talent on this team , then 'someone' doesn't know how to use them or motivate them . We have a serious problem that can be fixed by adding or dropping finge players ? I hope in my lifetime we can develop the team around 1 player only , Gio . Enjoy him while he lasts . EG Montreal realizes Drogba is their key . Not Bradley .
    Bang, there you go.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Should of gone for Cambiasso or Essien before they signed in Greece. Cant see how their getting paid huge money with the country defaulting on their loans.

DeJong would be epic to get but recently signed an extension with Milan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Positions that need an upgrade (in reverse order of priority): RM, RB, GM, Coach, DM, CB, GK, Scout.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    Positions that need an upgrade (in reverse order of priority): RM, RB, GM, Coach, DM, CB, GK, Scout.
    I agree but I think I'd lower the need of GM back one spot because I think Manning could do the job in interim.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    Not ready to throw Jozy out yet, still scored quite a few goals but he also drifted in and out of games.
    what happened to his speed and strong shot that use to always burn us when he was with NYRB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Yeah, I was humming and hawing about Hagglund - trade him.

Moore? His head isn't here anymore. And he's not the wide body striker a guy like Seba needs to pair off of.

And Jozy had probably the 4th best ever forward season for us, behind Seba, DeRo and Koevs. 1 goal every 133 minutes.

He's got issues but that's pretty darn good production.
    We've got 99 problems but Jozy ain't one of them. 13 goals. It seems to be more difficult than it should be to get casual observers to understand that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Findley: $225,000 Base, $255,500 G ---> must go, limited value.
    Moore: $215,000 Base, $235,500 G
    Kantari: $300,000 Base, $345,000 G ---> must go, bloated contract and is not a starter.
    Gomez: $240,000 Base, $261,000 G ---> like him, not in Vanney's plans.
    Bendik: $150,000 Base, $157,000 G
    Perquis: $323,000 Base, $372,500 G ---> Keep, needs a #1 to play beside tho.

Kantari should be bought out. Trade Findley, sell Moore or Gomez. Not sure if a team will take Bendik on a middle of a road salary, not high end keeper $, not backup either.

Can't see us cleaning house completely tho.

Not really worried about Jozy or anyone else. This group above makes or breaks us I feel. Need a legit #1 Keeper, #1 CB and a DM at minimum. I hate Findley and even tho I said he must go we also need to be realistic.

Wages:

https://www.mlsplayers.org/images/Se...0By%20Club.pdf
    Last edited by pdubs; 10-30-2015 at 10:38 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The DP's are the furthest from the problems.

Here are my needs in order of importance:

1.) A Consistent reliable Goal Keeper - Anybody remember when Julio Cesar was here last season briefly? He instantly made our back line much more calm and confident, by his own confident demeanour in net himself. We need someone reliable who can boss the defence.

2.) New Center Backs and Full backs - This one goes without saying. Perquis can stay but we need defenders of a much higher caliber.

3.) New Center DM - We need someone who is basically a younger version of Cheyrou. I hope Cheyrou stays, he had a good season here but when he is out we have no one to replace him or back him up when he's out. I would reach out to Italy and see if Antonio Nocerino is willing to come. He has fallen out of favor at Milan.

4.) New Striker to backup Altidore - I dont mind Gomez and would be happy if he stays but Findley and Moore aren't good enough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SenorDingDong View Post

1.) A Consistent reliable Goal Keeper - Anybody remember when Julio Cesar was here last season briefly? He instantly made our back line much more calm and confident, by his own confident demeanour in net himself. We need someone reliable who can boss the defence.

2.) New Center Backs and Full backs - This one goes without saying. Perquis can stay but we need defenders of a much higher caliber.

3.) New Center DM - We need someone who is basically a younger version of Cheyrou. I hope Cheyrou stays, he had a good season here but when he is out we have no one to replace him or back him up when he's out. I would reach out to Italy and see if Antonio Nocerino is willing to come. He has fallen out of favor at Milan.

4.) New Striker to backup Altidore - I dont mind Gomez and would be happy if he stays but Findley and Moore aren't good enough.
    Well said. This is what I am thinking as well.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with most but partially disagree with point 2. I think Morrow is more than capable at LB or RB. We also have Ashtone to play at LB. I think we do need a solid CD pairing though.

Seems like every year we all ssay the same thing. How can we see the issue year after year and the FO not see it?

Quote Originally Posted by SenorDingDong View Post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't get rid of Jackson at all.....imo he perfectly fits the description of the "MLS veteran" every side needs to succeed and is versatile.....definitely better as a RM but can play RB if needed with a defensively responsible RM playing above him (ie. not Findley), and is just about the only player with speed that we have right now....he's certainly not a liability imo....imo our most underrated player.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC Tifoso View Post
    I wouldn't get rid of Jackson at all.....imo he perfectly fits the description of the "MLS veteran" every side needs to succeed and is versatile.....definitely better as a RM but can play RB if needed with a defensively responsible RM playing above him (ie. not Findley), and is just about the only player with speed that we have right now....he's certainly not a liability imo....imo our most underrated player.....
    agreed, jackson had one bad game, but often times was the only one touching the ball trying to put in crosses
    a perfect jackson wouldnt have saved this game.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jackson was real bad yesterday but so was everyone. He did improve this year and he at least looked like he cared yesterday. Hard to say that about anyone else and I am including all our DPs in that one.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    what happened to his speed and strong shot that use to always burn us when he was with NYRB
    Good question.
    Is it him or us (the team)?
    Does he need time or is he like this now?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pdubs View Post
    Well said. This is what I am thinking as well.
    No arguments here. I think that sums it up nicely.

Regarding Jackson: guy has been unreliable his whole MLS career, doubt that changes next year or any time after. If he stays it should be as a backup / utility player and for the love of god not as our starting RB. That play last night was a perfect example of the type of problem that has plagued his whole career - he makes poor decisions at the wrong time. FCD is not stupid, they traded him for a reason.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 10-30-2015 at 12:56 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good question.
    Re: Jackson
    It is the team.
    The whole team is loose because of the poor coaching.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by starter View Post
    Re: Jackson
    It is the team.
    The whole team is loose because of the poor coaching.
    Im talking about Altidore

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im talking about Altidore
    Oh, it could be something he learned from Luke, so it is a team.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good question.
    He was always too deep and for what he is, and I don't need to revisit the argument that he isn't a target man, he should be playing up top centrally and causing havoc in the box like Kamara. That alone would free us space for Seba and hopefully another non-Findley attacking option to come in behind. Instead he was always on wings or near midfield. Since it happened non-stop and was never adjusted when Luke Moore came on then I am saying it was by design and not Jozy going rogue. It's player mismanagement plain and simple.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    He was always too deep and for what he is, and I don't need to revisit the argument that he isn't a target man, he should be playing up top centrally and causing havoc in the box like Kamara. That alone would free us space for Seba and hopefully another non-Findley attacking option to come in behind. Instead he was always on wings or near midfield. Since it happened non-stop and was never adjusted when Luke Moore came on then I am saying it was by design and not Jozy going rogue. It's player mismanagement plain and simple.
    Throughout the spell of games when Jozy was injured Luke was a great target forward, maybe not great in the air and such because he's relatively small, but he played like a target

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Throughout the spell of games when Jozy was injured Luke was a great target forward, maybe not great in the air and such because he's relatively small, but he played like a target
    But then late in the season when he came on as a sub, after we ditched the diamond, he played just like Jozy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually think we should sell or trade Michael Bradley to a US based team for the parts we need. I love his tenacity and drive, but we were just as good without him. He be a big catch for someone.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    I actually think we should sell or trade Michael Bradley to a US based team for the parts we need. I love his tenacity and drive, but we were just as good without him. He be a big catch for someone.
    Have to agree there were games where we didnt have him and we played if not better, dunno why but im still hesitant to let him go. Do think he does have a good relationship with Sebba too which kinda helps

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Can you imagine a GM that had the balls to do that ? We'd be like the resurgent Blue Jays......and yet I'd be very sorry that he didn't work out , he's a very good man . I think it would be good for him too .
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you imagine a GM that had the balls to do that ? We'd be like the resurgent Blue Jays.....
    Actually we'd be like the anti-Blue Jays.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly I'm really interested to see who we pick up to play keeper next season

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you imagine a GM that had the balls to do that ? We'd be like the resurgent Blue Jays......and yet I'd be very sorry that he didn't work out , he's a very good man . I think it would be good for him too .
    To be clear, I really really like Bradley, as a player and what I see as a person. But if we are honest, for some reason it doesn't work nearly often enough with him in the line up. Not clear why, but it just does not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Honestly I'm really interested to see who we pick up to play keeper next season
    Theoretically speaking, an MLS club with any degree of competency shouldn't be too hard-pressed to find a decent keeper. Just loan in a promising young keeper from a decent European side that is looking for first-team experience. In many cases parent clubs will foot the bill which keeps cap space open. It's not as if keepers need much time to adjust to a new league/system. If for whatever it doesn't work out, terminate the loan and try again in the summer.
    Last edited by Bobo; 10-31-2015 at 11:15 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Bradley could be a highly sought after commodity for the large market U.S. clubs. It's definitely an option worth exploring to gauge the potential market for him. If we can get a substantial return, I would move him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's highly likely that Giovinco will be gone next year for 5-6 weeks for the Euro tournament. Having Jozy leading the attack is going to be a big problem.