RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Toronto FC MLS Cup Viewing Party

For those without tickets TFC will be hosting a viewing party with a 20 foot screen at the corner of Liberty and Atlantic in what is normally the parking. Now I know our home at Joe's could very well likely have a good crowd for the game but this could be a good choice too. There is a $10 donation to get in.

https://www.torontofc.ca/mls-cup-viewing-party

Looks like Liberty Village will be completely taken over by a sea of red !!

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking increasingly unlikely that I’ll get tickets...weighing up the pros and cons of driving 4 hours to watch it on a bigger tv...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think if I did not have tickets I would be going to this, watching it outside on a big screen with other fans in a pretty big outdoor space like this is cool. They do stuff like this at World Cups and Euro Cups and they have done things like this in the US in different cities during the past World Cups with the US in it. Moreover, if this viewing area is packed it will look good on TV when TV goes to it if TFC score and if they win, it will show the fans celebrating in an outdoor area other than the stadium, it will be a good look on the popularity of TFC in Toronto and how important playing and hopefully winning the MLS Cup is in Toronto to the rest of Canada and the US.
    Last edited by SoccMan2; 12-04-2017 at 03:32 PM.

RPB Member
    Banners Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Miller View Post
    Looking increasingly unlikely that I’ll get tickets...weighing up the pros and cons of driving 4 hours to watch it on a bigger tv...
    IMO...make the trek, come to Joe's for pregame, join in the march and if you don't have tickets to the stadium plonk yourself amongst others in red to watch on big screens or small either at Joe's or in Liberty.

Its not just about watching a match on TV...its the full experience of ups and breath taking nail-biting, and joy that can't be replicated. Y

ou won't likely regret making the trip, but you might just regret not doing it.

Just sayin...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hopefully they shut off access to the area for cars as it's going to be an absolute nightmare!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ever watch a playoff game at Jurassic Park? Maple Leaf park?
    My only issue with outdoor viewing parties is the delay in video creates anticipation both good & bad. You will hear cheers/boos before you actually see what causes it.
    Besides that, it will be a lot of fun to see on the walk to BMO

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do it for the experience and atmosphere with fellow reds even if it's not in the stadium. If we win it will be unforgettable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
    IMO...make the trek, come to Joe's for pregame, join in the march and if you don't have tickets to the stadium plonk yourself amongst others in red to watch on big screens or small either at Joe's or in Liberty.

Its not just about watching a match on TV...its the full experience of ups and breath taking nail-biting, and joy that can't be replicated. Y

ou won't likely regret making the trip, but you might just regret not doing it.

Just sayin...
    It will be awfully difficult to convince anyone to come up with me to watch on tv. And then I have to consider that I'd have no one to split on gas and accommodations with. Also saw in my email that they're charging admission to get into this. I feel like I would just be bitter if I came up. Been coming up as often as I can for 11 years but I've never felt that getting seasons was practical as I only make it 7-8 times a year. Think I'll be changing my mind on that if it means some glory hunting tourist schmuck can get in because he'll pay $500 a seat.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It will be awfully difficult to convince anyone to come up with me to watch on tv. And then I have to consider that I'd have no one to split on gas and accommodations with. Also saw in my email that they're charging admission to get into this. I feel like I would just be bitter if I came up. Been coming up as often as I can for 11 years but I've never felt that getting seasons was practical as I only make it 7-8 times a year. Think I'll be changing my mind on that if it means some glory hunting tourist schmuck can get in because he'll pay $500 a seat.
    The admission is a $10 donation to charity. I am sure Joe's will have a good crowd too for the game.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    The admission is a $10 donation to charity. I am sure Joe's will have a good crowd too for the game.
    Oh, well $10 to charity is fine then. Regardless, still need to convince a friend or a few to come up to. Gas and hotels ain't cheap.