Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    There are a ton of strikers of DP quality but not world-reknowned. Angel wasn't going to be starting in the premiership anymore when he came over, and there are other guys from the River/Boca/Corinthians/Santos/etc. backgrounds who would be effective here for DP money.
    Even less then DP money.. even though he isnt a striker.. GBS is proof of that.. not so hot lately... but definatly a force and just hit DP..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fiin View Post
    Even less then DP money.. even though he isnt a striker.. GBS is proof of that.. not so hot lately... but definatly a force and just hit DP..
    I think GBS took less money to stay somewhere where he was happy, I don't think he would have made that initial move for the money that he's making now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CretanBull View Post
    I think GBS took less money to stay somewhere where he was happy, I don't think he would have made that initial move for the money that he's making now.
    True. Just sayin there is definate talent out there for less then DP cash that can make a huge impact.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TOn's of players out there whow can really play and might consider doing so in TO for DP money. WE all know that.

I also wonder (tree is another post to this point...) wheteher MO should have the right to play those cards. IT's a real conundrum. We deserve better, but his track record so far re:signings is rough, and we as a team are really struggling. So, if makes those calls, they don't work, he get's fired, etc., then what does the future look like? WHat would his replacement do? My guess is back to the drawing board, but with a serious payroll, and not much flexibility.

On the other hand, maybe it's up to Preki at this point. WHo knows what decision making Mo is really allowed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by prizby View Post
    So your saying DeRo in the hole would work...what if it was with a bunch of 9 year olds...would that work too?

the whole point is we have 5 or 6 posts a week suggesting formations or whatever all saying they will work, they will work

what if they don't?

well then we get mad at management

its an endless cycle. I think its time for us to stop playing fantasy football, stop telling management who we want to see, stop putting pressure on them, let them build a team and if they can't put together a successful product in a couple of years (after we shut up and just be fans) then let them know how we feel

the problem is we demand too much, they do what we say without thinking about whether its feasible or not...DP, Ali Gerba etc...
    Are you serious? We put pressure on managment by talking football? This is what supporters do. We love the game so we talk abou it. Managemnt should worry that we stop talking about it, then it may be the start of the end of TFC.