Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry Part-Time Supporter?!!!

OK, this has to be done. At about 86' of today's match some wankers in 113 started in on me about being a part-time supporter because they thought I was leaving early. Truth be known, I was. I had to catch a train in order to catch another train back to Kingston. I left Kingston at 9:00 this am to get to the game and I am a Seasons Ticket Holder. It usually costs me about $150.00 every game I come to. This is the same for many other supporters. So why are some douchebags who know nothing about what people have to do to get to and from these games giving anyone grief? I have never supported the practice of taunting people because they leave early. They bought the ticket and should be free to do what they please. I am a full-time supporter and those shit samples are full-time losers. If they were RPB I would encourage them to contact me so we can clear the air. Rant over.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If this is the worst thing that happened to you today, well...count yourself lucky.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

true that I suppose, just pisses me off is all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dude. Coming from Kingston, thats fucking hardcore.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Limestone View Post
    I am a full-time supporter and those shit samples are full-time losers.
    best line of the day!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trifey View Post
    best line of the day!!!!!
    Your actually really hardcore to travel from kingston. So how long are your travels from kingston to BMO. Also how do you make the week day games ?

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome to the world of TFC fanaticsm - Where people judge and question your loyalties if your actions don't fit without their own pigeonholed concept of proper support.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You don't need to give an explanation to anybody about anything.
    You come see the game when you want and leave when you want.
    The day these stupid people pay for your transportation and your STH then they can complain that you left early.
    This is just starting to be a fucking joke to judge a fan because he left early.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The fact of the matter is that you're in the minority, and are one of the few that ISN'T a part time supporter of the people that leave early. However the majority of people are just leaving to beat the traffic and what not, and don't really care to stay for the team. I didn't chant against you, and don't normally chant the Part Time Supporter chant, but I fully support it, because it makes life rougher for those that aren't real supporters, and anything that makes life in the bunker harder on them, makes it that much likelier for them to switch out to another section in the offseason and open seats up for real fans.

So really, I'm sure you're smart enough to see the reason behind the chant, and realize that you're not the one they're chanting at, that is of course until you turn around and give everyone the finger (I assume it was you, saw some dude walking out with an RPB scarf doing this)... at that point you draw attention to yourself.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ratven View Post
    The fact of the matter is that you're in the minority, and are one of the few that ISN'T a part time supporter of the people that leave early. However the majority of people are just leaving to beat the traffic and what not, and don't really care to stay for the team. I didn't chant against you, and don't normally chant the Part Time Supporter chant, but I fully support it, because it makes life rougher for those that aren't real supporters, and anything that makes life in the bunker harder on them, makes it that much likelier for them to switch out to another section in the offseason and open seats up for real fans.

So really, I'm sure you're smart enough to see the reason behind the chant, and realize that you're not the one they're chanting at, that is of course until you turn around and give everyone the finger (I assume it was you, saw some dude walking out with an RPB scarf doing this)... at that point you draw attention to yourself.
    I appreciate your candor and your comments. It was indeed me who gave the finger, but not to everyone-just to those who were pissing me off. Hopefully others didn't take that as being meant for them. I did try and explain to those few people who were chanting against me why I was leaving, but obviously they were to caught up in their self-rightousness. In retrospect I shouldn't have bothered explaining, nor should I have provoked them by giving them the finger. I simply refuse to let others dictate how I should be a supporter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I fully support it, because it makes life rougher for those that aren't real supporters, and anything that makes life in the bunker harder on them, makes it that much likelier for them to switch out to another section in the offseason and open seats up for real fans.
    Ethier that or they'll just not bother coming to games all together.

Red Patch boys account for what 4000ish tickets a game? I hardly think the club can afford to pick and choose whom they sell tickets to. Especially at this point in this young franchises life. Or would you rather have had the seats empty all together.

While I can appreciate your zealous I think everyone has the right to enjoy a game and or leave at the time of thier choosing without being harassed. Be it traffic, children, other engagements or what have you.
    Last edited by Stryker; 07-19-2008 at 10:47 PM.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
    Ethier that or they'll just not bother coming to games all together.

Red Patch boys account for what 4000ish tickets a game? I hardly think the club can afford to pick and choose whom they sell tickets to. Especially at this point in this young franchises life. Or would you rather have had the seats empty all together.

While I can appreciate your zealous I think everyone has the right to enjoy a game and or leave at the time of thier choosing without being harassed. Be it traffic, children, other engagements or what have you.
    Yeah but the point of my thread was to explain that quite obviously the chants were not and are not directed to Red Patch Boys, U-Sector Members, NEEs, Ultras or any other supporter groups. They're directed at people who come to the games, don't join in chants, and leave early to beat traffic.

Knowing that this is the case, if you somehow find yourself being chanted at, consult that checklist, see if any of those thigns apply to you, and if they don't shrug it off knowing you're a TFC supporter who lives and breathes this team and supports them no matter what.

I don't know the numbers, but I'd be surprised if ALL of the supporters groups even approached combined 4000 members. And Red Patch Boys are only a part of that... that being said, the club CAN pick and choose who they sell tickets to, because there's a couple thousand people deep waiting list for season tickets, and I know there's a number of members on the supporters groups boards who don't have season tickets who could put them to better use than part time supporters. This is a moot point because you can't kick people out/reallocate tickets, but i just wanted to address the "TFC can't pick and choose" comment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Feel your pain bud. Some drunk fucks at the top of 113 curse all game long some games then call us part time supporters for not joining in. LOL

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm starting to agree with the sentiment that perhaps we shouldn't be criticising other fans for the way they watch the game. Obviously, I'd love to see BMO Field turned into a Canadian version of Anfield, Old Trafford, or The Nou Camp; but it ain't gonna happen if people start to feel like they're not wanted. At the end of the day, who are we to judge people who paid for their tickets and chose not to sit in the supporters section? Maybe chanting at them for leaving early is actually counter-productive.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When I go to a game, I'll show up when I want and leave when I want and anyone who has a problem with that can go fuck themselves. Today's game was awefull, we ALL should have left early.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah but the point of my thread was to explain that quite obviously the chants were not and are not directed to Red Patch Boys, U-Sector Members, NEEs, Ultras or any other supporter groups. They're directed at people who come to the games, don't join in chants, and leave early to beat traffic.

Knowing that this is the case, if you somehow find yourself being chanted at, consult that checklist, see if any of those thigns apply to you, and if they don't shrug it off knowing you're a TFC supporter who lives and breathes this team and supports them no matter what.

I don't know the numbers, but I'd be surprised if ALL of the supporters groups even approached combined 4000 members. And Red Patch Boys are only a part of that... that being said, the club CAN pick and choose who they sell tickets to, because there's a couple thousand people deep waiting list for season tickets, and I know there's a number of members on the supporters groups boards who don't have season tickets who could put them to better use than part time supporters. This is a moot point because you can't kick people out/reallocate tickets, but i just wanted to address the "TFC can't pick and choose" comment.

How do you know that "they leave early to beat traffic"? Are you 100% certain that they do not have other commitments in life other than keeping the entire day open to attend a 90 minute soccer match? Are you 100% certain that maybe they are attending the match prior to going to work or something? Is the end all and be all of supporting the team by jumping around, singing, making banners and banging drums? There are people that come to pay and watch their team play the match. Are these people not supporting the team by paying to be there, cheering for the team when they do good and gettintg frustrated when they are not? We all know that TFC tickets are hard to come by, maybe these people that you refer to as "part time supporters" could only get their hands on tickets in the south end. I think there are some people that really need to give their heads a shake.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post
    Welcome to the world of TFC fanaticsm - Where people judge and question your loyalties if your actions don't fit without their own pigeonholed concept of proper support.

QFT. Its was annoying last yr, it was annoying 3 mths ago, its still annoying.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oblio2 View Post
    Dude. Coming from Kingston, thats fucking hardcore.....
    I hate making the trip from midtown. Coming from Kingston is amazing!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Prawn sandwich party.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm starting to agree with the sentiment that perhaps we shouldn't be criticising other fans for the way they watch the game. Obviously, I'd love to see BMO Field turned into a Canadian version of Anfield, Old Trafford, or The Nou Camp; but it ain't gonna happen if people start to feel like they're not wanted. At the end of the day, who are we to judge people who paid for their tickets and chose not to sit in the supporters section? Maybe chanting at them for leaving early is actually counter-productive.

Very well said.

Nothing pisses me off then an RPB member calling someone else a part time fan. Just cause people are not RPBS or have to leave a game early for their own reasons does not make them a part time supporter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think all of this frustration among the fans is a result of tfc struggling on the field.

A house divided upon itself cannot stand.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yeah that just sucks to see poeple show up late and you leave early to beat traffic. but to paid $150 to get to just about every home game that great.

olegunnar

I think there are 2 standards here and there should be.

I think it's 100% fine and okay to taunt people in supporters sections.

How many people have complained about scalpers tix in supporters sections?
    Tourists showing up in supporters sections for the "event" and not to be a supporter.
    I think it's perfectly acceptable to expect and pressure people in supporters sections to behave appropriately. ie, being there for 90+ minutes, chanting your lungs out etc.
    The "I paid for my ticket I can do what i want" bullshit is just that bullshit. You're in a supporters section, there are expecations.

In the other situation (non-supporters sections) I think it's wrong to single people out for their 'style' of support.

I think it's disgusting how people stuff their faces and sit there and talk about the weather or their new iphone...but...in this case these are not supporters sections so the "I paid my money I can do what I want" is applicable. I don't agree with their style of support but it's their right, and for that I dont' think they should be chanted at.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I usually sit (stand of course) in section 110 but one time someone gave me their tickets in 113 so I took that opportunity to sit somewhere new. As soon as I got there someone called me a part time supporter because they had never seen me in that section before - "all you part time supporters. if i don't recognize you, you should leave." That's a great attitude to have. I go to every single fucking game, stand the entire game and chant. I guess I could have explained that but I didn't see the point in even dignifying that shit with a response.
    I'm starting to think that people that accuse others of being part time supporters are more interested in their image than they are in being TFC fans. I'm a huge fan and I guess I just don't feel the need to judge others to prove that to myself.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

QFT....

It was funny last year... but the novelty has worn-off...

P.S. Limestone we have very few RPBs in 113, so I doubt it was any of us. The large portion of 113 at the top is a mix of people.
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At this point, I'm a lot more concerned by the fact that it looks like we have part time players.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hey limey, did you drop the cityrpb or are you not who i think you are?

thats a shit experience to ruin your gameday. obviously the frustration has been building in recent games, but what happened to taking it out on the refs, scalpers, other team and mo johnston? we're not even half way through the season and we're turning on eachother.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

agreed...who is anyone to tell somebody else how to support the club.....i was given greif because i didnt join in a chant.....meanwhile TFC was threatening and i was watching the Fuckin match!! bottom line thats what i pay to do...go and watch the match....i enjoy the songs as much as the next person but its what goes on on the pitch that i'm most interested in...some i see sing and chant all game and barely even watch the action, thats fine and i'd never judge them for it but i dont feel i have to pander to them to prove my support....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OneLoveOneEric View Post
    At this point, I'm a lot more concerned by the fact that it looks like we have part time players.....
    lmao, best comment in the thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FluSH View Post
    P.S. Limestone we have very few RPBs in 113, so I doubt it was any of us. The large portion of 113 at the top is a mix of people.
    A lot of casuals up there, more than people would think. Yesterday there was a baseball heckler right in front of me wearing a Cubs shirt, saying ridiculous things insulting the team.