Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by arbogast View Post
    oh I understand it, and just so you understand it, that's NOT what was originally posted on his Metro News Blog. he said it would be announced this weekend, it wasn't, and he's since changed his blog entry. oh and BTW, you can take your horseshit attitude and shove it. you're in BC? shouldn't you be supporting the SHitecaps anyway?
    Hmmmm Shitecaps huh,,,Has Toronto ever won a major tophy in North America. No.
    The Whitecaps have won the NASL championship...they actually beat the NY Cosmos one of the most famous clubs in North American history. Its funny how ignorant some truly are. You cant argue worth a shit so you TRY and belittle someone or who they support? Your lack of intelligence and class shows your true worth. No one changed their blog...this news came out of the 24th minute...It was interview nota blog.

The Whitecaps are coming the Impact are coming...for anyone on this board thinks this is not a GOOD thing for the game in this country is a complete joke. For those of you who continue to bash these clubs (just for the sake of not being able to argue) has no real history of the game in Canada.

Toronto has yet to do anything for the history of the game...Yes you have great fans, a nice stadium but you have yet to produce any quality. A Canadian Nutrilte Championship....wheeeeee. Big Deal. You were given that trophy by a 2nd class Impact squad on the day. I know truth hurts huh

***The record home attendance for a Whitecaps game was on June 20, 1983. 60,342 came to watch the caps take on the Seattle Sounders in the first game at BC Place Stadium. It is also the largest crowd to ever see a club soccer match in Canada. That year they averaged over 32,000 a game***
    ***ONLY North American Championship to be won by a CANADIAN Club, the Vancouver Whitecaps in 1979***

Now riddle me this what has TFC done? What significant trophy or record have they secured? Truth hurts huh. Dont ever bash the game in this country and dont ever bash the club that put soccer on the map in this country. Learn your history of the game before you speak.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SPARTACUS View Post

The Whitecaps have won the NASL championship...they actually beat the NY Cosmos one of the most famous clubs in North American history. Its funny how ignorant some truly are. You cant argue worth a shit so you TRY and belittle someone or who they support? Your lack of intelligence and class shows your true worth. No one changed their blog...this news came out of the 24th minute...It was interview nota blog.

The Whitecaps are coming the Impact are coming...for anyone on this board thinks this is not a GOOD thing for the game in this country is a complete joke. For those of you who continue to bash these clubs (just for the sake of not being able to argue) has no real history of the game in Canada.

Toronto has yet to do anything for the history of the game...Yes you have great fans, a nice stadium but you have yet to produce any quality. A Canadian Nutrilte Championship....wheeeeee. Big Deal. You were given that trophy by a 2nd class Impact squad on the day. I know truth hurts huh

***The record home attendance for a Whitecaps game was on June 20, 1983. 60,342 came to watch the caps take on the Seattle Sounders in the first game at BC Place Stadium. It is also the largest crowd to ever see a club soccer match in Canada. That year they averaged over 32,000 a game***
    ***ONLY North American Championship to be won by a CANADIAN Club, the Vancouver Whitecaps in 1979***

Now riddle me this what has TFC done? What significant trophy or record have they secured? Truth hurts huh. Dont ever bash the game in this country and dont ever bash the club that put soccer on the map in this country. Learn your history of the game before you speak.
    Oh so you're a west coast troll come to educate? Spare us.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, and the Whitecaps of the 70s was not the same Whitecaps on the pitch today. So you're clinging to past glories of a team that no longer exists. Thanks for coming out.

And regardless of us being beat by a 2nd Class Impact squad, we still won. If the Whitecaps were so good, they should have won by a couple more goals in other games, or maybe they could have tied or beat Toronto when they were on the road. Except they didn't. Which means they didn't win the Tournament. Which means they weren't the best team. Case closed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In addition to that, the Whitecaps of today have no claim at all to the Whitecaps of the 70s. The Whitecaps of today are the 86ers, and adopted the Whitecaps name in 2001, which means it went over a decade not being the Whitecaps and not being part of that legacy.

You claiming the NASL mantle is akin to the San Jose Earthquakes claiming the titles that were won in the early 2000s by the team which is now Houston.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've forgotten more about soccer in this country than you'll ever know.

Now go fuck yourself.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toronto ever won a major tophy in North America. No.
    1976. Toronto Metros-Croatia over the Minnesota Kicks, 3-0 to win the NASL's Soccer Bowl.

You're welcome.
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Redcoe15 View Post
    1976. Toronto Metros-Croatia over the Minnesota Kicks, 3-0 to win the NASL's Soccer Bowl.

You're welcome.
    Yes, as long as we're going to be claiming titles which don't belong to our current club, like the Shitecaps supporters, we may as well go all out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you're a dumbass. it's called football is Rycroft's blog on Metro news and the name of his podcast that is posted ont he 24th minute. He posts the same shit on his blog that he talks about on his podcast. now fuck off.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Winecaps fans still upset over the canadian championship? theres a surprise,,you were not good enough to win in end of.. TFC has not being playing in a bush league like the whinecaps and the limpact have, Toronto has always been a big time sports city and would not accept playing in the USL as something positive.!! BC place what a joke of a stadium,
    BCs white elephant..Whinecap mean nothing nor does their so called history, TFC is the First canadian side in MLS and that still eats at you,
    you will always be NO 2..the little brother..and Montreal your bastard child,
    but to make your day complete i do hope the Leafs beat your Canucks when they play...and you dont know how that pains me to say that..
    Last edited by mighty_torontofc_2008; 11-23-2009 at 05:33 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_torontofc_2008 View Post
    Winecaps fans still upset over the canadian championship? theres a surprise,,you were not giid enough to win in end of..
    As long as we're mad about past grievances, I'm still mad that Hungary was cheated out of winning the 1954 World Cup over a dodgy call... and I wasn't even born yet! Just like our Whitecaps friend probably wasn't born when the original Whitecaps won the NASL championship.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I never understood why fanboys of other teams feel the need to come here and post on our boards.
    Is Evil Bert not giving you enough stimulating footy conversation?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    As long as we're mad about past grievances, I'm still mad that Hungary was cheated out of winning the 1954 World Cup over a dodgy call... and I wasn't even born yet! Just like our Whitecaps friend probably wasn't born when the original Whitecaps won the NASL championship.

yes to bad about that hungary team... and the current irish republic team,
    how times change!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The more the canadian teams, the better our national team will become.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfc2007 View Post
    The more the canadian teams, the better our national team will become.

i only care for TFC''s interest,,the canadian national teams means dick all to me anymore..

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    I never understood why fanboys of other teams feel the need to come here and post on our boards.
    Is Evil Bert not giving you enough stimulating footy conversation?
    I think it is Evil Bert

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i only care for TFC''s interest,,the canadian national teams means dick all to me anymore..
    why? that is how other countries will know our soccer reputation. I'd rather have a strong national team... Like the mens hockey team. That represent this nation on a much larger scale than what TFC do.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If this is your way of "stirring it up" mighty, then go seek professional help. We recommend shock therapy.
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Redcoe15 View Post
    If this is your way of "stirring it up" mighty, then go seek professional help. We recommend shock therapy.

No its not its the way i feel...club always before country..TFC have a good future ahead of the the Canadian national team is doomed to failure for the next decade or more..None of Canada's top young talent want
    to play for the team, choosing other national sides to play for that are
    successful....you cant point to anywhere where the current national side has a chance to succed...none at all...!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow. Where did the conversation fall of the rails?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

one above my previous post!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No I mean with Spartacus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No its not its the way i feel...club always before country..TFC have a good future ahead of the the Canadian national team is doomed to failure for the next decade or more..None of Canada's top young talent want
    to play for the team, choosing other national sides to play for that are
    successful....you cant point to anywhere where the current national side has a chance to succed...none at all...!!
    It's not mutually exclusive. The only way for TFC to achieve it's maximum potential is for the Canadian men's national team to do well also.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guys, we all know that Canadian expansion into MLS will be good all around. There is no need to argue this point against individuals who are (a) trolling, or (b) set in their ways. Rather than respond to every half-baked post, take advantage of the Ignore List function in User CP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto Ruffrider View Post
    Guys, we all know that Canadian expansion into MLS will be good all around. There is no need to argue this point against individuals who are (a) trolling, or (b) set in their ways. Rather than respond to every half-baked post, take advantage of the Ignore List function in User CP.
    Best post in the thread.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Macksam View Post
    It's not mutually exclusive. The only way for TFC to achieve it's maximum potential is for the Canadian men's national team to do well also.

true, but if TFC does well soon it will be a longer wait fro the nats, 86 was without doubt or finest team ,but we have gone down hill steadily since..it might take 23 more years for the nats to regain any ground
    lost in that period..TFC, Van , MTL...maybe OTT will help..god willing!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do yourselves a favor gents and just block this dude, life is so much easier

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

true, but if TFC does well soon it will be a longer wait fro the nats, 86 was without doubt or finest team ,but we have gone down hill steadily since..it might take 23 more years for the nats to regain any ground
    lost in that period..TFC, Van , MTL...maybe OTT will help..god willing!!
    you proved my original point that the more Canadian teams in the MLS, the better it will be for the Nat Program.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow....I can see why the west is the best. We'll prove it when we join the league. You certainly are a classless bunch. Funny how one spectator brought up the 86'ers.....werent they the city that won 4 straight CSL titles. Rhetorical. I dont think the Toronto Blizzard won even one! In fact even the Winnipeg Fury won a championship in that league. You want to keep this up go nuts....its quite funny listening to people who cant argue in a constuctive manner. Now I cant bring up past titles because they are in different leagues or ran by different owners??? You are hillarious! Here baby steps for you ok...In soccer/football history in this country the "westcoast kings" Vancouver Whitecaps/86'ers have won more titles in total than any Toronto Blizzard/Lynx/TFC club combined...I didnt actually know about your one and only win until the Nutrilite "Gift" came your way... My bad.

Vancouver Nationwide/N.America Titles
    CSL Regular Season Champions 88, 89, 90, 91, 92
    CSL Cup Champions - 88, 89, 90, 91
    North American Club Champions 90
    APSL Regular Season Champions - 93
    A-League Western Conference Champions - 01
    USL 2006, 2008 Champions

Thats a TOTAL of 14 Titles....
    Toronto has 2.

Records
    *In 1988-1989, the team, coached by Bob Lenarduzzi, set a North American professional sports record by playing 46 consecutive games without a loss!
    *The record home attendance for a Whitecaps game was on June 20, 1983. 60,342 came to watch the caps take on the Seattle Sounders in the first game at BC Place Stadium. It is also the largest crowd to ever see a club soccer match in Canada.

For those of you who say I canot count the NASL, USL, CSL days are not true followers of the sport. These are titles the city won. I will say one name Bobby Lenarduzzi. He has played and represented the city of Vancouver through every club and league. He has been apart of every championship in one way or another. I have just proved that yes Vancouver is BIG BROTHER in this country. We will have a bigger stadium, a better club on and off the pitch (I feel sorry you are led by Mo the Great...LMAO) and yes we will probably end up winng a title before you do. Wait till you get a load of our designated player we have coming...dont forget we have Mr. Nash behind us now who has alot of pull with athletes and sports figures around the world.
    You guys asked for this beating now take it like a man and stand up! Or you can whine and pout some more...and relish in your ass kicking of 5-0 to the worst team in the MLS. Yeah you got a nice "little" stadium and a GREAT bunch of fans, but thats it. Oh yeah and 2 titles to your name that came 30+ years apart.

Who's your daddy now....thats right you know it now and there aint nothing you can do but spout shite out your mouths that has no bearing onthe game in this country as a whole. I'll give credit where it is due.

One last thing you think Preki will save your sinking ship.... He is not the problem its your idiot Mo! He brought in his "wrap around" buddy to be what a "dictator"? I have this funny feeling the relationship between Preki and some players will be a strained one to say the least. But hey wtf do I know right...

Toodles and thanks for letting Vancouver and myself put you straight in your place. We have more titles, records and fans...cant wait to join the MLS and show you what we have in store. Nice big beautiful stadium, solid foundation to buld from (like a certain Sounders franchise we all know) and the right people in place that care about the game in this country and not just about how many beer they sell....That last one has got to hurt hey.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but you guys in VanShitty will never have GRASS!!!

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hes gone, so you can take him off your ignore lists.