Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Good luck getting an Italian coach, or at least a good one from the top two levels. There is very little chance we would get one to even consider coming here. You can dream, though.

Our best chance in that dept would be getting a Canadian who knows that type of play (John Limniatis knows how to build a team that can defend, and brought the Impact to Italy for the pre-season, they came out with one of the best defences in USL-1).

TFC is horribly inconsistent right now. All MLS squads are inconsistent, right up to the coaches, or they'd be somewhere else, not in MLS. However TFC seems a little worse than most. Chivas was beatable. BTW we beat them with DD on the pitch.
    Limniatis would have been my choice. I keep on preaching we need basics.

As for Dichio, early on the season I was raging about why he is not playing, I have given up. But the simple fact that we do better with him on the pitch remains true.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By the way I am not as negative on Cummins as most. But yesterday was a game in which he needed to ensure we took points.
    OBW needs to play with a bigger striker to create room for him. Gerba and Dichio would fit that bill.
    Last edited by trane; 08-23-2009 at 09:08 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chivas USA Toronto FC

total shots: 16 ( 4 tied with 3) ` 3 (Dwayne De Rosario 4)
    shots on goal:5 Sacha Kljestan 2) 0
    fouls: 10 (Marcelo Saragosa 4) 15 (3 tied with 3)
    offsides: 6 0
    corner kicks: 7 (Carey Talley 6) 7 (Amado Guevara 5)
    saves: 0 3 (Stefan Frei 3)

Some incredibly poor stats. Not 1 shot on goal!
    Last edited by Batman; 08-23-2009 at 09:14 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

alot of things didnt make sense tonight
    -line ups
    -subs
    -tactics
    i dont think we will see any different until we get a real coach. i like cummins and i hope hes sticks around but im becoming increasingly aware that our senior players are lacking the killer instinct these days (im looking at Guevara and Robbo) and we just havent got the tactics/strategy/etc. Ive stuck by our players and never felt that they should be waived or what have you but im becoming increasingly disillusioned with how some of our starting 11/senior players are playing

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

also do not know why Cummins played Serioux at LB when we have Fellinga, although it looked to me like we had 3 at the back for the majority of the game

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

oh yeah and its pronounced GER (GRRRRR) BA you twat (speaking towards the announcer in LA)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    Limniatis would have been my choice. I keep on preaching we need basics.
    This is pretty much spot on. When Seattle schooled us at the start of the year, it was nothing fancy. Simple passing and movement, the way it's taught to kids.

We aren't doing the basics on the pitch.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We need to go back to basics. This season is in the air right now, but for preseason, these guys need to travel to Brazil and stay there. Make them practice with the kids in Brazil and relearn how to play the beautiful game. Seriously, if you can get like 10 serious games against teams like Sao Paulo and Corinthians, we'll not only become a better team, we won't look embarrassing either.

Mo, I beg you, I plead with you, get rid of the players we don't need. Cash in on Wynne, Robbo, Brennan, and Barrett. Bring in players from Italy, Brazil, and Spain. No more of this Caribbean, African stuff, what we need is Euro kids. Literally walk up to Manchester United and Barcelona and beg for a youth academy product. Call up Real Madrid and ask them if anything, ANYTHING, is available. Scrap these players together and make um play real football. This isn't a joke anymore. Toronto FC has the fan base and the potential to be the first real football team in this league, one that we can use as an example of quality in MLS. But for this to happen, we need to stop playing like Toronto teams do, and start playing like a club should.

So I beg you, heads of TFC, buy players that work, and get back to the basics. These boy's gotta find soccer again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's too late for this team to "change" anything. They have been practising under this style too long to switch things overnight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This game was so played so badly by TFC that I am speechless (well I am typing, so maybe not completely speechless).

Coaching and tactics - 0/10
    Player effort 3/10
    Running around like chickens with heads cut off 9/10

Dichio -- even when he is not on the scoreboard, TFC is much better with him on the pitch.

I consider myself a loyal fan. I love football and know that MLS is not the Premiership. Without strong support TFC and MLS in general will not improve.

But, after a game like last night, I am so discouraged that I want to give up.

We should get rid of everyone and start over.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting about Dichio...I dont think Mo and Cummins are not stupid enough to cut him right now...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 117 View Post
    I stayed off the boaards last night and did not watch the game as I knew Danny did not fly with the team to California and I knew they were going to lose.

My question is how as a manager does Chris Cummins does not see the positive results that Danny brings when he is on the field? I am not 100% sure what is happening with Danny at the moment, but to have him on the trip something must be up?

May be got cut or maybe they are sitting him cause he questioned the tatics. I been lucky enough to be on the same flight as the squad and i can tell you from Winsper, to Carver and now Cummins they do not rate Danny very high.

Well gents this is what I know as fact, IMO if Danny is cut we must protest and I want a full out riot. We must demand that the FO treat our players with respect especially Danny and Dero as they are they only players IMO that have carte blanche

Agree with much of this! Doubting its an injury problem, as he hsan't seen the field much at all this year, but if they are cutting him out of the squad, then that is just simply showing a blatant lack of class.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Made the flight out to LA for this game. Was upset with the effort (a couple of semi close chances in the second half notwithstanding). Very frustrating watching that game. Chivas doesn't have more talent, they just played a better system.

A couple of bright spots for me appeared to be Attakora (becoming a norm) and Cronin (decent game). De Ro was trying to compensate for not having his teammates do much and Robbo struggled.

I told my relative (first soccer game) about Dichio being a sort of mythical man god, and he was thoroughly mad when he didn't even see the big man on the bench.

Overall, Home Depot Center was a beautiful stadium and LA is a cool city. I apologize if I couldn't do a great job with chants, I tried a few but it is hard with 3 people.

Hopefully the team can pick it up in Seattle next week.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Chivas USA Toronto FC

total shots: 16 ( 4 tied with 3) ` 3 (Dwayne De Rosario 4)
    shots on goal:5 Sacha Kljestan 2) 0
    fouls: 10 (Marcelo Saragosa 4) 15 (3 tied with 3)
    offsides: 6 0
    corner kicks: 7 (Carey Talley 6) 7 (Amado Guevara 5)
    saves: 0 3 (Stefan Frei 3)

Some incredibly poor stats. Not 1 shot on goal!
    Yep. That's what it felt like. Horrendous ending to a day full of watching better footie.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Yep. That's what it felt like. Horrendous ending to a day full of watching better footie.
    you got it right FYRC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFCSuperFan! View Post
    We need to go back to basics. This season is in the air right now, but for preseason, these guys need to travel to Brazil and stay there. Make them practice with the kids in Brazil and relearn how to play the beautiful game. Seriously, if you can get like 10 serious games against teams like Sao Paulo and Corinthians, we'll not only become a better team, we won't look embarrassing either.

Mo, I beg you, I plead with you, get rid of the players we don't need. Cash in on Wynne, Robbo, Brennan, and Barrett. Bring in players from Italy, Brazil, and Spain. No more of this Caribbean, African stuff, what we need is Euro kids. Literally walk up to Manchester United and Barcelona and beg for a youth academy product. Call up Real Madrid and ask them if anything, ANYTHING, is available. Scrap these players together and make um play real football. This isn't a joke anymore. Toronto FC has the fan base and the potential to be the first real football team in this league, one that we can use as an example of quality in MLS. But for this to happen, we need to stop playing like Toronto teams do, and start playing like a club should.

So I beg you, heads of TFC, buy players that work, and get back to the basics. These boy's gotta find soccer again.
    This will only happen if you get rid British management (especially Mo).

The only player who had a decent game for TFC was Vitti (I guess Ali G played alright). But sadly, I wouldn't be surprise if he doesn't come back next season.

By the way, who is Brazilian on Chivas USA came from Brazil 2nd division league? I forget his name, but he played well. How come Toronto can't find players like that? I am sure he isn't getting paid much either. It makes you wonder WTF Mo was doing in Brazil.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paulo Nagamura: Used to play for us too...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Paulo Nagamura: Didn't want to stay here so was let go.

I find it alarming that OBW was started ahead of Gerba and Barrett. Usually not a Cummin's critic but I don't see what OBW did last week that could have POSSIBLY suggested that he could play ahead of these guys, let alone as a lone forward. It was pretty obvious that the second Gerba game on we were at least more coherent and had more chances up front. We gotta ditch that long ball shit the second Gerba and Dichio comes on though. The game we played in the first half was quite good, but the second Gerba was on... it was bam, long ball.

As for OBW, I don't care if he's a rookie or he's coming off injury or all that cute shit. The guy is slow, reacts slow, lazy, second to every ball. See how much he makes Vitti and Cronin and Dero run last night and in the DC game? The guy just doesn't move. Frankly I think Cuntingham looked like he tried more than OBW. Sure he scored a goal against DC, but he was a non-factor before and after that goal. Apparently that makes you good enough to start for us. I'm sure all this hype was not for naught and if he improves as the season progresses, obviously should be award some time. But after these two games, its pretty obvious that he doesn't deserve anymore playing time until he shapes up.
    Last edited by Fushida; 08-23-2009 at 12:06 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He had good game too, but the player I was referring to is Maicon Santos. He is Brazilian who is on a loan deal from his Brazilian club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Robinson has to go....it is just getting ridiculous now and very hard to watch him play. I thought he was supposed to bring solid distribution to the team?

And I'm still trying to figure out why Guevara continues to take the corner kicks. Seriously just piss poor and is never a threat. I find myself getting less and less excited when we get a corner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    He had good game too, but the player I was referring to is Maicon Santos. He is Brazilian who is on a loan deal from his Brazilian club.
    Nagamura didn't come on until the 76 min. He's been out injured for awhile.

And Maicon Santos isn't an unknown quantity, he was once a top prospect in the Brazilian first division. He took a stupid lucrative contract in the UAE or Saudi ( I forget which) and kind of disappeared off the radar, but he's a quality player. They'll be paying him well.

We sucked yesterday for several reasons, but it always comes back to the same point. The players in our first team aren't smart enough for this levle of competition. Technically astute, yes, smart in movement and play, no.

THat's not going to change. Play the kids, or we'll lose more of our remaining games than we win and we won't make the playoffs.

As for Danny, he's a statue this year. He has no mobility. But he should be available late in the game because he creates space uptop.

DeRo, as mentioned after our last embarassment , should only play striker. He scores every game that he plays up top, hogs the ball and ruins our offensive flow in every game when he plays out wide.

We should've simply stuck with what worked last week, a nice conservative system that relies on occasional bold play. We needed points today, not an exercise in players behaving like individuals and utterly forgetting the concept of teammwork.

Fucking embarassing. I'm sure the watchword for a lot of this stuff within MLSE's offices is to look at the "big picture" and that "Every team loses occasionally" and "we're still on track to potentially make the playoffs."

Delusional. This team is going nowhere with a starting lineup that relies on our senior guys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    also do not know why Cummins played Serioux at LB when we have Fellinga, although it looked to me like we had 3 at the back for the majority of the game
    This is no offense to you Ossington, or Shakes or anyone else who has suggested Felinga should have started over Serioux. Have you seen Felinga play? Have you seen how he gells with the team? If you haven't, then I have no idea how you or anyone else can make a statement like that. Just because the guy is new doesn't mean he's better. That shit happens way too much around here where the new guy gets the royal treatment without having to prove himself.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[quote=Shakes McQueen;682136]Someone mentioned that Dichio wasn't on the bench tonight. I'm really starting to wonder if something is up with him.

- Scott[/quote

bet hes been told hes of no use coming into this playoff drive..OK the man is a fan favorite, but he slow, and unless we start getting more corners to take advantage of his height..hes no use to the team..Dichio had his day
    in Toronto, first ever TFC goal, legend status..but time to get the younger players in to see what they can show for next season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pachuco View Post
    This is no offense to you Ossington, or Shakes or anyone else who has suggested Felinga should have started over Serioux. Have you seen Felinga play? Have you seen how he gells with the team? If you haven't, then I have no idea how you or anyone else can make a statement like that. Just because the guy is new doesn't mean he's better. That shit happens way too much around here where the new guy gets the royal treatment without having to prove himself.
    I agree with Felinga not starting, he has to win a spot on the first team, but all of our defenders were being turned and out hustled all night long, I am a big fan of Nana and thought he played a little below his norm, Serioux played the most horrible game I have seen him play all year and Gomez played like a he was out of his element.Wynne was invisible all night.
    No comment on the poor attack, if you can call that shambles an attack. Our defenders lost the game for us, If the defence would have played up to any standard, at least a single point would have come from the game.

I am as red as the rest, but I am not proud of the performance on the field, I am embarrassed of that shite!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    This will only happen if you get rid British management (especially Mo).

The only player who had a decent game for TFC was Vitti (I guess Ali G played alright). But sadly, I wouldn't be surprise if he doesn't come back next season.

By the way, who is Brazilian on Chivas USA came from Brazil 2nd division league? I forget his name, but he played well. How come Toronto can't find players like that? I am sure he isn't getting paid much either. It makes you wonder WTF Mo was doing in Brazil.

why cant TFC find players like that? maybe they can...but the players highly likely dont want to play in canada and toronto...toronto is not the city most top players want to come to, ask the Leafs, jays, raptors, they cant get big names to come here and TFC is now finding that out as well,we have to bring up our own talent through the academy but that will take time.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 117 View Post
    I stayed off the boaards last night and did not watch the game as I knew Danny did not fly with the team to California and I knew they were going to lose.

My question is how as a manager does Chris Cummins does not see the positive results that Danny brings when he is on the field? I am not 100% sure what is happening with Danny at the moment, but to have him on the trip something must be up?

May be got cut or maybe they are sitting him cause he questioned the tatics. I been lucky enough to be on the same flight as the squad and i can tell you from Winsper, to Carver and now Cummins they do not rate Danny very high.

Well gents this is what I know as fact, IMO if Danny is cut we must protest and I want a full out riot. We must demand that the FO treat our players with respect especially Danny and Dero as they are they only players IMO that have carte blanche
    As I've said before, if and when Danny retires he must have a position within the team, his preference of course, love to see him head the Academy, directing the youth. What else is our history? We have none! Except having no backbone when our backs are against the wall. It all starts with Mr Dichio.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure if anyone caught this, but when Guevara was taken off, he dodged pats from Cummins and Daso and looked pissed. He actually looked like a little child.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    As for Danny, he's a statue this year. He has no mobility. But he should be available late in the game because he creates space uptop.
    I agree with this completely! Each player has something they can bring to the table, for Danny its size and his ability in the air, which NO ONE else on this team has, especially the strikers. Therefore, when we're late in a game like yesterday, down goals, and the other team packs the box so that we can't get in except for in the air, he should be on the pitch. He's proven this year that he can be used effectively as a late game sub (around 60 to 65 minutes), but he isn't being used that way. He plays like a giant for goodness sakes, use him.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post

Where did this come from? He still has a nice touch, too, which he has shown repeatedly....the goal here vs KC, the dummy on DeRo's goal vs Houston, the LA goal where he reacted to the ball with a nifty flick header, there are more, I just can't remember them all.

All that "Danny the statue" has done is create scoring chances, and goals, the second, and I mean the second, he steps on the pitch.

Other than that, he's been invisible. Because he doesn't play.

Remember that DD kicked the flag in real anger after scoring against LA? I thought at the time, and think, that he's sick of sitting while guys who aren't producing get the minutes. He's just too much of a gentleman to say anything.

btw I doubt he missed the game for anything other than a good reason
    Last edited by ensco; 08-23-2009 at 01:10 PM.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by forza_tfc View Post
    Not sure if anyone caught this, but when Guevara was taken off, he dodged pats from Cummins and Daso and looked pissed. He actually looked like a little child.
    Barrett's done that before too, but then again, I've seen that so much in professional soccer that it doesn't really surprise me anymore. As long as all is sorted out after the game, no worries.