Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah those youngins need more playing time ... although at this crucial stage of the season, I can understand why Cummins might hesitate in doing so.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Dutch newspapers indicate that this is a done deal.

In other interesting news, former TFC trialist Kiki Musampa is now training with De Graafschap, a second division Dutch team.
    Last edited by Whoop; 08-03-2009 at 11:43 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopee View Post

In other interesting news, former TFC trialist is now training with De Graafschap, a second division Dutch team.
    Who's that then?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kiki Musampa?
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anybody that played in Europe is good. I think thats a good rule of thumb.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bars92 View Post
    not really.

you'd be surprised how many clunkers end up in MLS. some with pretty nice previous clubs too
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's a fresh start kind of move for Fellinga, interestingly it's a short contract, only to Dec.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    not really.

you'd be surprised how many clunkers end up in MLS. some with pretty nice previous clubs too
    most of them were probably geriatric when they got here. at least this guy is a young prospect.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Whoops...

Yeah, meant Kiki Musampa.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mostly, Welsh was around the same age, slightly better pedigree too (arguably).

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

most of them were probably geriatric when they got here. at least this guy is a young prospect.
    Carlos Marinelli, Raphael Wicky, Abel Xavier, Simon Elliott, Denilson, Marcelo Gallardo, Claudio Lopez, Laurent Robert, etc etc

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...gn_MLS_players

note that many foreign players last a year or so in MLS

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler View Post
    Yeah those youngins need more playing time ... although at this crucial stage of the season, I can understand why Cummins might hesitate in doing so.
    I agree 100%.
    Thats why I said TFC needs to have a PDL team or even a U-20 team.

Will improve development. and development can be monitored, rather than merely in practice

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Damiiano View Post
    I dunno. I'll believe it when Ives says so.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry... Is this an American 'rumor'... In seriousness, we are in much greater need of a towering centre back vs. ANYTHING ELSE!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This guy is 5'9"....!

Surely we need someone with a little more height than that?
    Last edited by flambe; 08-04-2009 at 08:10 AM. Reason: missing word

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jahinho_Guerro View Post
    I agree 100%.
    Thats why I said TFC needs to have a PDL team or even a U-20 team.

Will improve development. and development can be monitored, rather than merely in practice
    We do have a U-20 team, THE ACADAMY

although granted they are a U-18 team really, but logistically they are still under 20! LOL

But, seriously TFC should take over the Lynx and call them the Acadamy Seniors. It can be grauates of the u-18s that TFC feel are cappable of playing there and groom them for signing with the big club
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we need depth...especially at the back, and with Brennan playing like crap this signing can't hurt AT ALL...Serioux isn't a wing back, he lacks pace(even when healthy), and hates playing there...If Mo gets this done it's a nice move...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OMG he's not tall enough!!!?!?!?! WTFBBQ.

He's young and promising, at least wait to see what he's got in his bag of tricks before you start tearing him a new one (if he even signs).

Julius James wasn't exactly the tallest man around, but fuck me he's able to out-jump nearly every player in the MLS. Height isn't everything.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, JJ is 6 feet. which isn't exactly too short for a CB

now Wynne has a crazy vertical leap, and he's what, 5'9"?

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

papa smurf could run around at left back for all i care as long as he doesn't get beat on the turn, doesn't get caught out of position, and can put in a good cross.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

welsh.....ricketts....samuel.....shall i continue..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoopee View Post
    on the wiki it says he plays for us

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there was a side note in the Metro paper this morning about this, said that he and the club had already agreed to terms
    ~ illegitimi non carborundum ~

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

apparently he's training with the team now, but still waiting work permit

according to Goff

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let`s start him when he becomes availble.Brennan has given up 2 head balls that went across the face of goal in our last 2 losses.He also did not apply much pressure on the cross that Columbus scored on to win the game.We need someone who can get the job done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Goff says that he's getting his work permit Wednesday, so I expect that he'll get some playing time against Real.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cas87 View Post
    We do have a U-20 team, THE ACADAMY

although granted they are a U-18 team really, but logistically they are still under 20! LOL

But, seriously TFC should take over the Lynx and call them the Acadamy Seniors. It can be grauates of the u-18s that TFC feel are cappable of playing there and groom them for signing with the big club
    I dont know about takeover the Lynx lol.
    However grooming players there and grrooming them for possible first team signing. YES is correct
    Alot of players on the academy arent going to the USA for school, so what do they do? if they cant even get drafted, but have promising talent.
    Majority of the top half teams have U-20,and PDL teams. (i.e. Chicago Fire, D.C United, New York Red Bulls, Chivas USA, LA Galaxy.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Kingpin View Post
    Sorry... Is this an American 'rumor'... In seriousness, we are in much greater need of a towering centre back vs. ANYTHING ELSE!
    Nana and Gomes will fill our CB needs by the looks of it.

We badly need a LB to allow Brennan to move up to left mid where he is actually a quality player in his natural position, not a square peg in a round hole taking shit from fans even though he's basically played wherever the team needed him as best he can just to get us by, including CB for much of the first season. The skip gets a lot of shit on these boards for not being good engouh, but people forget he's being played out of position and has been since he got here pretty much and HE HASN'T COMPLAINED ONCE. The guy would (and has) bleed on the shirt to keep it red.

So if we can get a good quality (by MLS standards) LB in place, then that;s great. We've needed a new LB since Todd D was traded.
    We are the Angry Mob, we read the papers every day
    We like who we like, we hate who we hate
    But we're also easily swayed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hitcho View Post

We badly need a LB to allow Brennan to move up to left mid where he is actually a quality player in his natural position, not a square peg in a round hole taking shit from fans even though he's basically played wherever the team needed him as best he can just to get us by, including CB for much of the first season. The skip gets a lot of shit on these boards for not being good engouh, but people forget he's being played out of position and has been since he got here pretty much and HE HASN'T COMPLAINED ONCE. The guy would (and has) bleed on the shirt to keep it red.

So if we can get a good quality (by MLS standards) LB in place, then that;s great. We've needed a new LB since Todd D was traded.
    He played fullback plenty in England. He's not even remotely "out of position", except on the rare occasions, in season one, when he deputized at centre back.

Don't doubt his lack of pace makes him more effective at mid than defensively, becuase he serves a good ball; but it's a fallacy to assume his poor positioning is due to being out of sorts.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hitcho View Post

Fair game, decent points. I do highlight that I agree with the statement around here about Brennan and the way he is treated. He has been a heart and soul servant to the club, those who disrespect this are internet punters without a clue. It reminds me of the absolutely daft thread questioning him as captain. He may be declining as a player, but that is no reason to disrespect the first EVER TFC player. He took some risks and should be rewarded. It's up to the gaffer to put him in a role that will make him successful... If you have issues... Call Cummins.