Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    MUFC_Niagara

Football is the only sport in which the club badge purposely goes over the heart......it's there for a reason.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC_Niagara View Post
    Football is the only sport in which the club badge purposely goes over the heart......it's there for a reason.
    Exactly.

Whoa JB, it must be really tough being so cynical all the time
    Bite me.

I was there - Montreal 18/6/09 - 6-1 baby!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PAUL WINSPER - "We always wore our shirt to the game"

i think we still have a way to go.

Banned
    When will people learn that passion doesnt make you good at football
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cant wait til a few years from now when we win something and we can get something less fluffy. Dont get me wrong, I want to the players to have passion and the like....but this is fluff to justify keeping the AV guys on salary

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice footage of the bounce, 110 Banner, Flags @ the MTL game, and FluSH!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Parkdale View Post
    side note:

funny they used the shot of Dichio kicking over the corner flag, which was on the 'protest day' when we didn't wear MLS gear.
    Naw that was the game before the footage shown. Notice the 111 banner behind him. We didn't have anything up at all the game you are referring to.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL - great video on the importance of the club colours and badge.

Oh and don't forget to buy your pink jersey!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was pretty good... some good shots... I would love to get a cap still of the sewing machine and the Jersey as a photo.
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got goosebumps watching it. Jimmy B and Paul Winsper really emphasized the importance of a club, and its colours. DeRo was also pretty passionate.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To me...TFC is a massive part of building the game in Canada and watching and hearing guys like Jimmy and DeRo talk about how they feel about playing in their country and for their country...well...it gave me goosebumps.

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great video. Toronto FC and its fans are unlike anything else in the city. I'm sure it's been mentioned before, but I can't think of any other team in town that has so many fans sporting the colours of the team as we do. You always know when there is a game on at BMO Field because there is quite literally a moving carpet of red that descends on the stadium. Is actually quite cool to watch and see from a distance when we all sorta stream together from different directions into one big noisy mass.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

olegunnar

When did they see the light?
    Seems to me like something happened to educate them ( merch sales on the decline? someone who understands the importance of the badge treating them to a lesson??) , because up until this video they had absolutely no respect for the badge.
    They covered it with fast food, they made a pink one (nothing wrong with pink, it's just not a colour in our crest/on the badge) they let BMO have ads with the shirt desecrated and the sleeves cut off. That's not even mentioning how they put short term gain ahead of the good of the team/badge..that's a whole other story
    But that's okay...tfc tv is kewl!

Last edited by olegunnar; 07-15-2009 at 07:02 AM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by .J.B. View Post
    wow!!! we all sat and watched a 6 min commercial for TFC gear... please (boo hoo hoo) buy the shirt (boo hoo hoo) its ... so.. special whaaaaaa!!! gimme a break! Or have we just run out of things to talk about... maybe they can do a special on why pizza pizza is so important... and the red pepperonies mean so much about Canada, and Jim Brennan eats pizza pizza (queue in lonely piano song), "Cummins has an english accent, lets listen to him talk about that cheese.. Cummins?" " Ya, I remember the first pizza pizza slice I had here at BMO field.... reminded me of a QPR game when I was a kid......." pleaes buy a slice "ALL FOR ONE!!".
    Quote Originally Posted by olegunnar View Post
    Seems to me like something happened to educate them ( merch sales on the decline? someone who understands the importance of the badge treating them to a lesson??) , because up until this video they had absolutely no respect for the badge.
    They covered it with fast food, they made a pink one (nothing wrong with pink, it's just not a colour in our crest/on the badge) they let BMO have ads with the shirt desecrated and the sleeves cut off. That's not even mentioning how they put short term gain ahead of the good of the team/badge..that's a whole other story
    HAHAHAHAHA!!

I'm gonna stand up and be the first to protest this TFC show and only watch all the other TFC shows. Then I'm gonna protest every team that has adverts on their front. Then I'm gonna protest all the teams that have more then 2 versions of their kit.

Sarcasm rules!

Yeah it was an obvious heartstring pull for the rabid supporter but I didn't expect a minute by minute of the JDG negotiations. Besides, until we can enjoy a little competition with TFC coverage beyond matches we'll have to deal with news the club is comfortable releasing themselves.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You do live in North America right?
    @FluSH_RPB / IG: @Flush.rpb
    The Legendary
    RED PATCH BOYS

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh come on, it's no worse than "desecrating" your teams sacred shirt, by selling ad space on it, which is common these days. Is taking a picture of a TFC shirt with a hot dog on it, any worse than a TFC kit with a McDonald's logo permanently sewn on to it, if we are talking in terms of treating the kit with supreme reverence and respect?

If they ever start burning the crest itself in commercials, or putting a pink version of the badge on the pink shirts, maybe I will stand up and notice, but I really think you and JB are making a lot out of nothing here.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Yeah it was an obvious heartstring pull for the rabid supporter but I didn't expect a minute by minute of the JDG negotiations. Besides, until we can enjoy a little competition with TFC coverage beyond matches we'll have to deal with news the club is comfortable releasing themselves.
    Exactly - it was a reasonably entertaining fluff piece, talking about the importance of the crest. Take it for what it is. I'm actually amazed people found a reason to get cynical about this. It's so completely harmless.

- Scott
    “Heroism breaks its heart, and idealism its back, on the intransigence of the credulous and the mediocre, manipulated by the cynical and the corrupt.” ~Christopher Hitchens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by McCartney View Post
    I wasn't wearing argyle in the video - wearing my first year RPB scarf...

Flush gets the best fan shot of the bunch, full iso-shot leading the chants! Me & Yoeman get the good "bounce" shot near the end...

To the TFC TV Producers - that's a great feature, excellent pacing for the theme, and well shot of the jersey sketches, fans, and use of game action video...

Very nice feature... And thanks for putting me in - I haven't been living up to my 'Media Whore' name in recent weeks... LOL

Carts...
    That's only because we haven't had a home game in a while.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC TV runs various things from time-to-time explaining football culture.
    I see nothing wrong with this.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by H Bomb View Post
    ....but this is fluff to justify keeping the AV guys on salary

but at the same time, the AV guys get to be a little more creative when they aren't just going for 'news' style coverage. Pieces like this just show me that they want to do more than just cover the game highlights. leave that for the real news networks.
    ///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\///\\\

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Eastend View Post
    That's only because we haven't had a home game in a while.
    Dom, I'd like to say some great comeback but all I can come back with is.... you're right LOL

See you Saturday???

As for people being bitter, pissed, etc at the story - ah forget it, they'll be pissed, bitter etc at whatever my opinion is - why bother...

Carts...
    "...Money wasn't tight, but it like, it wasn't right..."

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As for people being bitter, pissed, etc at the story - ah forget it, they'll be pissed, bitter etc at whatever my opinion is - why bother...

remember when we won the Voyagers cup and people complained that the 'cup presentation' wasn't good enough?

haha... people will whine about anything and everything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but at the same time, the AV guys get to be a little more creative when they aren't just going for 'news' style coverage. Pieces like this just show me that they want to do more than just cover the game highlights. leave that for the real news networks.
    Well said...

The guys stepped outside the "heres who scored, who won, how the acedemy did" etc...

And in all honesty, from a guy who is a producer for a fairly successful all sports TV network - they did a damn nice job! Its only running online but has the quality to run on any of Canada's sports programs...

Carts...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate your opinion!!!

BTW, here is the heart

Tthe crest does not lie over the heart, however advertisments do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate your opinion!!!

BTW, here is the heart

I figured you would - bitter people usually hate everything...

Hockey crests cover alot of the liver - I guess that's why we drank so much in Jr... Ah the memories...

Carts...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC_Niagara View Post

I guess Rugby is not a sport (that is to say if the heart was actually under the left shoulder) and I guess that handball and auto racing crests don't go under the shoulder as well. oh, you certainly won't find crests under the shoulder of a cricket player too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BTW, here is the heart

If you do notice that the heart is up between the 2 and 3 rib, which is where the crest lies on the jersey. But really whos looking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking

I figured you would - bitter people usually hate everything...

Hockey crests cover alot of the liver - I guess that's why we drank so much in Jr... Ah the memories...

Carts...
    I hate livers too!!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate your opinion!!!

BTW, here is the heart

So you want the ads removed and the crest down...and to the left?

cool.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha... people will whine about anything and everything.
    And some people will lap up anything.

I'm amazed that more people don't see this for what it is... A 6 minute infomercial selling jerseys, especially coming up on a day they've known about for awhile where they can't sell booze.

Don't get me wrong, the comments by the players are genuine, which is cool. Of course they get it, and of course supporters (should) know the importance of the crest and colours.

But for TFC FO to come out with a video preaching the importance of the crest and colours in light of how they have treated it in the past? They have just recently been called out for their treatment for the crest and colours and now suddenly there is a video by them on the importance? Complete with prop sewing machine, and scissors fine tailoring the shirt which looks like it was all filmed in the BMO filed storage room.

It's not whining, it's called not being blind. In the grand scheme of thing, its not that big of a deal, as anyone can expect MLSE to try to sell more Jersey's, which is what this video is. Just a bit of an epic to hear TFC FO coming out with the video on the importance of the colours and crest when they have just been recently schooled themselves and using that message to sell Jerseys.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MisterMacphisto View Post
    They have just recently been called out for their treatment for the crest and colours and now suddenly there is a video by them on the importance?

Just a bit of an epic to hear TFC FO coming out with the video on the importance of the colours and crest when they have just been recently schooled themselves and using that message to sell Jerseys.

how so?

the mild backlash from some supporters over the pink jerseys?
    Is there some other incident where MLSE / FO abused the crest
    and got 'called out for it' that I'm not aware of?

the pink jersey day was a blip on the radar.