Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WE LOVE YOU WELOVE YOU!

Great job road warriors. Once in a life time baby

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great job guys! All of Archies (York Region Pub) cheered loudly every time they showed you, especially doing the bounce at the end!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You guys were amazing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our club's ambassadors, making us well proud. Thanks to you all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    No, there was one?
    Yep...Nothing massive. Six guys jumped, 3 got caught, 3 made it to the players and the coaching staff. I made it to the trophy table and gave props to all the players. The day couldn't have been any better for me personally. Egypt win over Italy, TFC wins the Cup, got to celebrate with the players on the pitch and got a game worn jersey from Cronin.
    Last edited by King Tut; 06-19-2009 at 06:59 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awesome!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you think it sounded great on the tube...being there was just unreal...i cant even put it in words...

the 3 more goals to the 2 more goals chant and then the 1 more goal, unreal...and then when it was the magic number it just went nuts!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looked and sounded great!!! Thanks to everyone there

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the props

I have posted this elsewhere but thought you may like it in this thread;

My review, for anyone that cares

Got to Montreal at about 12.30 following a 7am start from Yorkdale (thanks to Whoopee for driving us there and back safely - you're wonderful) but it was pissing down with rain so we didn't get to do the sightseeing we wanted to. Adamdz, Torcida and I went to St Huberts and had a few drinks before heading over to McLean's to meet the rest of the guys. We were pretty much the first ones there but then the upstairs filled up and the chants started - beautiful [side note: We went to the only strip club in the world where no one was stripping - at least it was only $3 cover lol].

I have to say, I am not keen on singing French chants whilst in Montreal unless we're winning (more to say on that later). I guess that's the English person in me.... but really, I still stand by that.

So, off to the ground we go, I lose my ticket in my massive purse and then realize I had 'put it safe' in my wallet, I was scared there for a moment.

I loved our crazy section, it was wonderful to be a part of the living, breathing entity that is the Red Patch Boys, a great start to the game, positive and uplifting, 12th man was definitely getting a start. Still French chanting but I let it slide

Then they scored. It was a definite PK and absolutely crucified my mood. Now this is where I was disappointed - still chanting in French and flags covering important plays (please don't - there's lots of down time in the games, when there's a goal run, I really want to see it).

As soon as we scored the first goal, the atmosphere electrified, the energy was unreal. We can do it, we can do it....

The buzz before the second half was full of hope and trepidation, I honestly was truly plugged in to the collective mood, it was absolutely amazing.

Then the second half - this is where I wet myself with excitement. Well-placed chants, no flags during play, EVERYONE watching the game and willing with all our hearts for those goals we so desperately needed...

4th goal. Holy shit.
    5th goal. We've drawn, DON'T concede, please.
    6th goal. We've won the fucking cup!!!!!!!

The absolute best football moment in my life. Without doubt. I even started singing in French so I totally stand corrected on that - Allez Allez Allez lol (It's easy to sing when you're winning )

So proud of our boys and to be a part of you, RPB, thank you for making me so welcome. I love you.

I got home at 4.30am this morning and I am now sat at my desk, trying to work, but all I can do it sing TFC til I die in my head. lol.
    Last edited by English Rachel; 06-19-2009 at 08:41 AM.
    Bite me.

I was there - Montreal 18/6/09 - 6-1 baby!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hats off to those of you that made the trip. The front office really should be reimbursing your travel costs because I believe you actually made a difference.

I applaud you all...well done.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wicked! You guys deserved those game worn jerseys that were thrown out to you. I am still kicking myself for not going as well. You guys owned saputo stadium!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

What a day!
    Props to those who made the trek and as I watched it on tv at joes (sans shirt) I felt warm and tingly everytime they showed you guys/gals.
    Beyond words.
    What a day!
    KD.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You were amazing. I especailly loved the shot of you all flooding to the front rows as the Montreal fans headed for the gates as if somebody had pulled the fire alarm.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just got back to my office in Oakville...unshaven and still wearing my jersey from last night (I never want to take it off !)...most amazing night ever...under the shadow of the tower of the Big 'O' where 33 years ago my father took me to my first big time soccer game, the final of the '76 Olympics with 80,000 people... next door on a wonderful,misty, magical evening, a dream came true...I'm hoarse, happy, and still pinching myself...
    "You better f*&%#n' believe it !..we won the f&%#*n' Cup !"
    "Supporting the T.F.C from Bronte"
    Section 111 Row 12 Seat 13

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gunnerken View Post
    Just got back to my office in Oakville...unshaven and still wearing my jersey from last night (I never want to take it off !)...most amazing night ever...under the shadow of the tower of the Big 'O' where 33 years ago my father took me to my first big time soccer game, the final of the '76 Olympics with 80,000 people... next door on a wonderful,misty, magical evening, a dream came true...I'm hoarse, happy, and still pinching myself...
    "You better f*&%#n' believe it !..we won the f&%#*n' Cup !"

Man love the sig, props to another bronte TFC supporter!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

who's not jumping is not a champion
    hey! hey!
    who's not jumping is not a champion
    hey! hey!
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

everyone back yet? more stories!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think a lot of folks are still nursing hangovers or suffering from sleep deprivation.

Best part of the night. After goals 5 & 6, winding up 4 rows from where I started 30 seconds before.

Oh yeah, and thanks to my fellow Asian RPBers for the first beer of the night at McLean's.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Way to be the 12th man - you guys/gals rocked Saputo last night!

*salute*

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was an honour to be there, let me tell you.
    Bite me.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i wanna know where did that NCC banner disappeared to.

that thing better end up in one of the supporters pubs on the ceiling
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bite me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hats off to the lot of ya...

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beer towers at McLean's were awesome!!! It's like a never-ending supply of beer...
    RWN - SoctoberFest! Champion '11, TFC Supporters Cup Champs '10, Indoor Champs '10 & '09, Niagara Cup Champs '09 & '08.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yellowfellow View Post
    Beer towers at McLean's were awesome!!! It's like a never-ending supply of beer...
    someone tell Joe to get couple of these things at Shoeless!

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You were all massive!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pekduck View Post
    i'm sure they didn't catch the pitch invasion on TV at the trophy presentation!
    Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    No, there was one?
    No, it was only about 3-6 guys. The fucking stadium security douchebags wouldn't even let us go around to the other side of the stadium to where TFC left the field towards their dressing room.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://torontofc.neulion.com/tfc/console.jsp

Some nice comments about the support from Mr.Cummins
    Road Trips: July 7 2007 Chicago, July 22nd 2007 Columbus, August 11 2007 NY, October 13 2007 LA, March 29 2008 Columbus, May 24th 2008 DC, May 26 2008 Montreal, June 28th 2008 NE, March 7-11-14 2009 Charleston, March 28 2009 Columbus, April 10 2010 New England, May 12 2010 Montreal, April 7 2012 Montreal, March 16 2013 Montreal , June 3 2014 Montreal, March 14 2015 Columbus

Twitter: @RPBPhil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last night rocked. I was waiting at the Peel Pub for some friends from London, I even checked Maclean's. The bastards never showed. Oh well, I enjoyed myself immensely. It was my first ever TFC game and I got to watch them win a trophy, set team records for both goals scored and margin of victory, see DDR score the first Hattrick in TFC history and lift the Voyageurs Cup in Montreal for payback having to watch them lift it at BMO last year. I think I might get a passport to go to Puerto Rico.

I'm still in Montreal for the weekend. I'm thinking of going to the Montreal-Vancouver game tomorrow afternoon decked out in my TFC gear.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by devioustrevor View Post
    Last night rocked. I was waiting at the Peel Pub for some friends from London, I even checked Maclean's. The bastards never showed. Oh well, I enjoyed myself immensely. It was my first ever TFC game and I got to watch them win a trophy, set team records for both goals scored and margin of victory, see DDR score the first Hattrick in TFC history and lift the Voyageurs Cup in Montreal for payback having to watch them lift it at BMO last year. I think I might get a passport to go to Puerto Rico.

I'm still in Montreal for the weekend. I'm thinking of going to the Montreal-Vancouver game tomorrow afternoon decked out in my TFC gear.
    DO IT
    http://www.onesecondleft.com/ Please visit the one second left blog that I contribute to.

My MLS now includes Montreal... we needed someone to hate.