Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It will be Conde. He didn't travel to L.A.
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If that's the case, book his connector flight to NY because we have no need for another defender.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Assuming we're getting Conde, and trading him to NY, who or what will we end up recieving from NY??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^ money.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always thought this transaction would ultimatelly go 3 ways. McBride to Shitcago, Conde to TFC, Conde to Shite Bulls, Shit Bulls ???to TFC?
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DOMIN8R View Post
    It will be Conde. He didn't travel to L.A.
    Not necessarily. He has been injured and not playing for some time now.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why wouldn't he still travel?

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Sometimes injured players don't travel with the team.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Happens frequently. Not to mention he has been a locker room cancer and his teammates don't trust him ..... why bring him along?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we had offered to take Conde they'd have kissed Mo's ass and had the deal done a long time ago.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    Sometimes injured players don't travel with the team.
    Not usually. Most MLS teams travel together no matter what.

The cancer argument, I buy.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think you guys are underestimating Trader Mo with this Conde stuff.

We could probably get him for much less than McBride, given the fact that he's buried on the bench and in the doghouse. They'd love to pass the whole "I want to play in New York soap opera off on us"

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

How do you know this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do recall Dunivant not traveling to DC this year when injured. The process of flying is probably not the best for some injuries. I will be glad when this soap opera is done and we know the outcome .... but the drama is entertaining.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    How do you know this?
    Bacause everytime I watch MLS games, other thn our own, injured players are always dressed in their suits off to the side of the bench somehwere. Even the DPs like Angel, Blanco, Becky.....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by arsenal View Post
    I do recall Dunivant not traveling to DC this year when injured. I will be glad when this soap opera is done and we know the outcome .... but the drama is entertaining.
    Alright. Then he is an exception to the rule. Or - I'm wrong

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Conde??? are you kidding me???

Why another defender???

Marvell, Tyrone, Marco, Jimmy B...'
    Then you have to quality Bench guys: Tebily, Julius James
    some youth that has shown (limited time) they can play: attoakora-Gyan
    plus a utility capable player in Dunivant...

We technically have 6 D-men that all should be starting...
    Why would we want 7???

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because it's a lucky number, Silly

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by poppamidnight View Post
    Conde??? are you kidding me???

Why another defender???

Marvell, Tyrone, Marco, Jimmy B...'
    Then you have to quality Bench guys: Tebily, Julius James
    some youth that has shown (limited time) they can play: attoakora-Gyan
    plus a utility capable player in Dunivant...

We technically have 6 D-men that all should be starting...
    Why would we want 7???

Defence wins championships so the saying goes..you can never have enough quality defenders...this would help for future call up for wcq.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_torontofc_2008 View Post
    Defence wins championships so the saying goes..you can never have enough quality defenders...this would help for future call up for wcq.

What good is near DOUBLING a required position (7 should-be starters), when we dont even have 1 up front???

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by poppamidnight View Post
    What good is near DOUBLING a required position (7 should-be starters), when we dont even have 1 up front???

trade bait...but scroing hasn't been a problem at home anyways, i would still rather have a stronger backline.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is no need for Conde unless we are swinging him for something else, most likely to New York, so I put the odds of Conde being the lone man, at highly unlikely. I've said all along that I feel the player we are going after is Rolfe, and I'm sticking to it. The only thing that I do not understand is Chicago's reluctance to give up Rolfe, when they will end up still having a plethora of strikers even if Rolfe were to leave.

I still think both teams are pretty far away, but then again, I'm usually wrong about these things!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

trade bait...but scroing hasn't been a problem at home anyways, i would still rather have a stronger backline.

If Toronto wins every home game and prevents every team from scoring against Toronto on the road through depleted rosters due to things next year like the CONCACAF Champions League and maybe even SuperLiga, then Toronto FC could be in a good position next year to win the Supporters Shield.

Just sayin. DC United's defense used to be the deepest in the league, with the likes of Eddie Pope, Ryan Nelsen, etc. And since scoring goals was never a problem this defensive depth helped DC United win championships.

Your organization is already on record as envying some of those early years of United so it would make sense for them to follow a similar blue print:

Creative latin american midfielder (check)
    Serviceable role players (check)
    Quality foreign forward (check)
    Deep backline (in progress).
    Last edited by footyfan; 06-19-2008 at 06:59 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 125_TFC View Post
    There is no need for Conde unless we are swinging him for something else, most likely to New York, so I put the odds of Conde being the lone man, at highly unlikely. I've said all along that I feel the player we are going after is Rolfe, and I'm sticking to it. The only thing that I do not understand is Chicago's reluctance to give up Rolfe, when they will end up still having a plethora of strikers even if Rolfe were to leave.

I still think both teams are pretty far away, but then again, I'm usually wrong about these things!
    Chicago is reluctant to give up Rolfe because he is probably their 2nd best player. Unlike their other strikers (Frankowski, Barrett, Herron, etc) he plays in the midfield as well so adds versatility. He just got called in to the nat'l team again for this weekend (along with Barrett) so he is a young guy with promise ..... not the kind of guy you want to give up if you don't have to. That being said, I hope this is the guy Mo is going after and I hope he gets him ...... would be fine addition to the roster and allow us to deal Cunny right away even without a DP striker.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

who would we want from NY? they are terrible...Chicago knows that have a chance at the MLS championship and don't want to part with anyone,can't blame them thetr, but they wanted Mc bride.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chicago is reluctant to give up Rolfe because he is probably their 2nd best player. Unlike their other strikers (Frankowski, Barrett, Herron, etc) he plays in the midfield as well so adds versatility. He just got called in to the nat'l team again for this weekend (along with Barrett) so he is a young guy with promise ..... not the kind of guy you want to give up if you don't have to. That being said, I hope this is the guy Mo is going after and I hope he gets him ...... would be fine addition to the roster and allow us to deal Cunny right away even without a DP striker.
    Oh I know, I understand what type of a player Rolfe is. I just find it very odd that Chicago is SO reluctant to give him up, especially when you would be receiving a player who could potentially become the best striker in the league. Barrett has been playing very well this season, he's arguably been their top striker; he could easily replace Rolfe, if he hasn't already. Then you have Frankowski, Nyarko, Carr and Herron; all offer enough cover for the loss of Rolfe. Add Blanco to their offense, and you've got one hell of an attack. I just think that something might be up, it's my own opinion.

It all makes me think that Mapp is the potential target, however, Chicago isn't exactly in love with Mapp either.
    Last edited by Keyman; 06-19-2008 at 07:07 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh I know, I understand what type of a player Rolfe is. I just find it very odd that Chicago is SO reluctant to give him up, especially when you would be receiving a player who could potentially become the best striker in the league. Barrett has been playing very well this season, he's arguably been their top striker; he could easily replace Rolfe, if he hasn't already. Then you have Frankowski, Herron, Nyarko, Carr and Herron; all offer enough cover for the loss of Rolfe. Add Blanco to their offense, and you've got one hell of an attack. I just think that something might be up, it's my own opinion.

It all makes me think that Mapp is the potential target, however, Chicago isn't exactly in love with Mapp either.
    Chicago should have to deal Rolfe ... their whiney bitch GM just doesn't want to do it. McBride makes them the favorite to win it this year and maybe next but after that they are in trouble. Not to mention, the guy is just coming off a serious knee injury, is 35, and his face busts up very easily. Lots of question marks ... I think Chicago is just hoping the league steps in and does them a favor.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

who would we want from NY? they are terrible...Chicago knows that have a chance at the MLS championship and don't want to part with anyone,can't blame them thetr, but they wanted Mc bride.
    Who would I want from New York? No one. Which is why I think the idea of Conde coming is highly unlikely. There is not one reasonable player that I would want in return for Conde from New York's roster.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ha, Mo's going to drive us all crazy with this one.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chicago should have to deal Rolfe ... their whiney bitch GM just doesn't want to do it. McBride makes them the favorite to win it this year and maybe next but after that they are in trouble. Not to mention, the guy is just coming off a serious knee injury, is 35, and his face busts up very easily. Lots of question marks ... I think Chicago is just hoping the league steps in and does them a favor.
    Well I think we're all hoping they do deal Rolfe, or Barrett, either one would be a fantastic addition to our front line.
    Also, that could definitely could be the case, with them hoping for the league to step in. I'm actually surprsied that they have not stepped in yet. I was expecting them to give McBride "special status", to bring him home. I think the fact that Mo came out to the media, and went public the the McBride scenario, helped a lot. The league is going to have a lot of explaining to do if they hand Toronto the short end of the stick on this one.