Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post
    Fuck, I never even heard about that whole Varisty scenario until now.
    Funny thing is that I left out the part where MLSE refused to build the stadium at York. They were intent on keeping it as close to the downtown core as possible. Any other scenario and they did not want to be involved.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm still fuming about this. The club never even contacted us, even though we requested the maximum allocation available to the game (50).

I mean for fuck's sake, we've been waiting for this match for three years. A weekend game in Toronto when our away support can finally be seen and heard. We go out and splash the cash for all the expenses...and the game is changed. Not only that, this adds an extra road match into the most brutal stretch of our season..check this out:

06.04 New York at DC United
    06.07 New York at New England
    06.13 New York at Toronto
    06.20 Seattle at New York
    06.24 New York at Toronto
    06.27 New York at Columbus
    07.04 New York at Dallas

I mean, really? Does any fucking journalist in our two respective countries realize how ridiculous this is? If Madrid can play August 7th and August 9th, why can't Toronto? Why is a LEAGUE MATCH bumped for a game which means nothing besides $$$?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC could play Bordeaux or Marseille as one of them is coming to Olympic Stadium on July 26 for the Trophée des Champions, the match between the winner of the Coupe de France (Guingamp) against the winner of the French Championship - a version of English Charity Shield match.

http://www.montrealgazette.com/Sport...145/story.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ESC 101 View Post
    I'm still fuming about this. The club never even contacted us, even though we requested the maximum allocation available to the game (50).
    When did 50 become the maximum allocation for away supporters here?

Chicago's brought way more than that numerous times, as have Columbus, DC and Montreal. Hell, even New England brought over 100 here last year.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mean for fuck's sake, we've been waiting for this match for three years. A weekend game in Toronto when our away support can finally be seen and heard. We go out and splash the cash for all the expenses...and the game is changed. Not only that, this adds an extra road match into the most brutal stretch of our season..check this out:

07.04 New York at Dallas

I mean, really? Does any fucking journalist in our two respective countries realize how ridiculous this is? If Madrid can play August 7th and August 9th, why can't Toronto? Why is a LEAGUE MATCH bumped for a game which means nothing besides $$$?
    This is where the scandal is. If Tfc wants to play an extra friendly to get extra cash/media attention, that's cool. If they want to give us someone else for our seasons and have all the tickets for this game as an extra cost, that's ok, perfectly within their rights to do that, it's our option not to buy.

Changing around the league schedule is an absolute disgrace, can't believe MLS let this happen.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

07.04 New York at Dallas

Because Madrid has a squad that's twice the size of an MLS squad

As for the final question, you answered it yourself

It's becoming painfully obvious where the supporters stand on the MLS list of priorities, however much lip service they like to pay. Loyalty and dedication and support mean very little to these money-hungry front office types. Budgets and bottom line are all they really worry about. For them, winning doesn't mean anything other than more home games due to playoffs, so more money. I can see this now. I thought it would be different and that something could be formed here. A community, a team to represent Toronto and all of us who live here, but time and again, I see actions that show that the bottom line is all that matters.

$$$
    means a whole lot more than
    Last edited by Jack; 05-29-2009 at 04:36 PM.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

07.04 New York at Dallas

That shed is awful..i must agree! i hope you go 0-7!

BUt when it come down to it!!......MLS has granted this request! Somewhere down the line approvel from the league was needed!.....And abviously the shitebulls themselfs agreed!

Still ....the only opne that has been screwed here...is the SUPPORTERS of NYSB...and TFC!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Darlofletch View Post

Changing around the league schedule is an absolute disgrace, can't believe MLS let this happen.
    Especially when it was completely out of the question to do it last year when we were missing almost all our players for World Cup Qualifiers...I seem to remember even Chivas said they would have no problem pushing the match back a few days...
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stencils View Post
    All I know is this.

I had more non-football fans asking me about Toronto FC and Real Madrid today than ever before.

In MLSE's eyes, I think that would mean MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RPB_RED_NATION_RPB View Post
    That shed is awful..i must agree! i hope you go 0-7!

BUt when it come down to it!!......MLS has granted this request! Somewhere down the line approvel from the league was needed!.....And abviously the shitebulls themselfs agreed!

Still ....the only opne that has been screwed here...is the SUPPORTERS of NYSB...and TFC!
    Just shows the ignorance of the NY FO as well. This is turing into a huge clusterfuck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post

It's becoming painfully obvious where the supporters stand on the MLS list of priorities, however much lip service they like to pay. Loyalty and dedication and support mean very little to these money-hungry front office types. Budgets and bottom line are all they really worry about. For them, winning doesn't mean anything other than more home games due to playoffs, so more money. I can see this now. I thought it would be different and that something could be formed here. A community, a team to represent Toronto and all of us who live here, but time and again, I see actions that show that the bottom line is all that matters. $$$ means a whole lot more than
    So to sum it all up... The time to strike is now?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's becoming painfully obvious where the supporters stand on the MLS list of priorities, however much lip service they like to pay. Loyalty and dedication and support mean very little to these money-hungry front office types. Budgets and bottom line are all they really worry about. For them, winning doesn't mean anything other than more home games due to playoffs, so more money. I can see this now. I thought it would be different and that something could be formed here. A community, a team to represent Toronto and all of us who live here, but time and again, I see actions that show that the bottom line is all that matters.

$$$means a whole lot more than

When I posted a thread expressing similar sentiments weeks and weeks ago some had the temerity to actually through their support and loyalty behind MLSE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by werewolf View Post
    Especially when it was completely out of the question to do it last year when we were missing almost all our players for World Cup Qualifiers...I seem to remember even Chivas said they would have no problem pushing the match back a few days...
    Which is what boggles my mind. They can move matches easily for Real Madrid, but not a World Cup Qualifier?

MLS has some serious issues right now. I really hope the 2010 CBA starts to address these concerns. It is not fair to the players, nor the fans the way this schedule is handled.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

07.04 New York at Dallas

hard luck...was looking for to RED Bulls supporters visiting..this does help the league image wise

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Marc"2L" View Post
    So to sum it all up... The time to strike is now?
    Strike? Half of the people around here are ecstatic.

Quote Originally Posted by boysblue View Post
    When I posted a thread expressing similar sentiments weeks and weeks ago some had the temerity to actually through their support and loyalty behind MLSE.
    There are a few around here who do that

Which is what boggles my mind. They can move matches easily for Real Madrid, but not a World Cup Qualifier?

MLS has some serious issues right now. I really hope the 2010 CBA starts to address these concerns. It is not fair to the players, nor the fans the way this schedule is handled.
    I really hope so. If MLS wants to really gain big-league status, these kinds of shenanigans are not going to fly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

$$$
    means a whole lot more than
    I'm glad that an influential person has awoken to this fact at long last.
    MLSE will always be MLSE.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jack i have a question... If this Real Madrid thing is real how many people are gonna show up in Barca/Liverpool kits?
    M.U.F.C.U.M GAMBA OSAKA Toronto FC

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BC101 View Post
    Jack i have a question... If this Real Madrid thing is real how many people are gonna show up in Barca/Liverpool kits?
    I don't know about Liverpool, but I know for damn sure I'd show up in a Barcelona kit

With a big-ass blaugrana banner that said "Madrid, Cabron! Saluda al tri-campeon!"

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know about Liverpool, but I know for damn sure I'd show up in a Barcelona kit

With a big-ass blaugrana banner that said "Madrid, Cabron! Saluda al tri-campeon!"
    Can I show up in a Barca kit LOL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I go, I am contemplating an Atletico Madrid jersey off ebay and a Barca flag...out of spite.
    Animals Eaten:
    pig, cow, lamb, moose, chicken, quail, kudu, ostrich, kangaroo, octopus, alligator, rabbit, shark, springbok, goat, bison, boar, caterpillars, turkey, fish, lobster, crab, oyster, prawn, antelope, camel, eel, squid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why did expect babelfish to tell me that was something offensive...
    'Madrid, Cabron! It greets the three times champion' seems pretty melow

Ooops I just googled Cabron ---
    Last edited by Dave67; 05-29-2009 at 05:05 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and like WTF why not play the real Madrid game on Thursday and the Red Bulls (are sh'te) on Sunday @ 1pm... (not a great solution for you ESC but not a significant change to the schedule)

absolute bs...

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I go, I am contemplating an Atletico Madrid jersey off ebay and a Barca flag...out of spite.
    iam going in full Barca gear iam GHing the Barca now. MESSI!!!!!!! WEYYYYYYYY or as they say in Spanish WEYYYYYYYY POR FAVORRRRRRRRRRRRR

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BC101 View Post
    iam going in full Barca gear iam GHing the Barca now. MESSI!!!!!!! WEYYYYYYYY or as they say in Spanish WEYYYYYYYY POR FAVORRRRRRRRRRRRR
    Since its apparently the ew-ltra thing to do and mimic Greek's, we should do this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51LCsxFa20Y
    Animals Eaten:

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since its apparently the ew-ltra thing to do and mimic Greek's, we should do this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51LCsxFa20Y
    I will never mimic greek anything LOL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rudi View Post
    MLSE was willing to pay a lot more for a stadium elsewhere (the Varsity location).
    Cite your source.
    Argos, U of T, and CSA (via public funds) were all contributing. Where was MLSE funding going to be more than what they offered in this present stadium deal?

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by boban View Post
    Cite your source.
    Argos, U of T, and CSA (via public funds) were all contributing. Where was MLSE funding going to be more than what they offered in this present stadium deal?
    Please take this off-topic stuff to another thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by boban View Post
    Cite your source.
    My source is my own memory.

I'll honour Jack's request and keep off-topic stuff out of here.

Now back to the regularly scheduled bitchfest.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rudi View Post
    My source is my own memory.

I'll honour Jack's request and keep off-topic stuff out of here.

Now back to the regularly scheduled bitchfest.
    Rudi can I wear a Barca shirt?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuck Barca, I'll be going in my TFC gear cheering them on.