Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DP money for Gerba?
    No. Absolutely, unequivocally, unmistakably NO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC07 View Post
    LOL @ Brennan being called up.

Anyway, I would welcome Ali G to the team.
    Brennan would be called up, if you don't remember what happened i'll refresh your memory.

Quote Originally Posted by Brennan
    I will not play under Dale Mitchell

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What about for Ricketts money?
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carter View Post
    Brennan would be called up, if you don't remember what happened i'll refresh your memory.
    Jimmy B is done! He isn't useful for Canada anymore. Besides, I highly doubt Jimmy B is commited to play for Canada in the future.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    That'd probley be a deal for us.
    IMO... 250 000 is in the ballpark.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    Yeah that make a lot's of sense.

Why we just bring CSL players to play for TFC?
    It does make sense. Go look at DC United to understand that they obviously get players who are good enough for the MLS but not good enough for their respective national teams. Sorry, it's a reality in this league that we have to face. There are alot of very good players from other countries that we could get that don't play on their national teams. We can't all of a sudden miss our starting 11 in a game can we? the league has already shown that they aren't flexible when it comes to this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

National team implications aside, I think Gerba would be a prefect fit for TFC. We need another big and physical striker to match up with the leagues increasingly big and physical defenders. One with some touch, some finishing, Canadian, and under 30? What’s the downside?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

League 1 - meh.

If he wasn't Canadian, there would be zero interest.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Deal!!!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pachuco View Post
    It does make sense. Go look at DC United to understand that they obviously get players who are good enough for the MLS but not good enough for their respective national teams. Sorry, it's a reality in this league that we have to face. There are alot of very good players from other countries that we could get that don't play on their national teams. We can't all of a sudden miss our starting 11 in a game can we? the league has already shown that they aren't flexible when it comes to this.
    The league has already shown that they realize their mistake and have made moves to correct as best they can. It will only cause more friction as NA football continues to grow.

Face it, sure. Embrace it, no. There's a difference.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    League 1 - meh.

If he wasn't Canadian, there would be zero interest.
    I think most people are interested because they have seen him play, with the Canadian Naional team, and they liked what they saw. At least that is why I would like to see him signed with TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You people know the roster rules better then i do so if we were to get Gerba who would you drop.

I'm assuming if we get a Canadian we got to drop one so........ Sutton maybe?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    I think most people are interested because they have seen him play, with the Canadian Naional team, and they liked what they saw. At least that is why I would like to see him signed with TFC.

He knows how to get it done...I have seen him play about 4 times live and I am never disappointed...maybe his Monday to Friday work ethic is not the greatest, but from what I have seen on the field I am impressed.
    Follow me...... https://twitter.com/#!/aGeRoO76
    "Just like JDG. It wasn't a post-and-in shot, but JDG is smart & experienced" - Carts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gerba isn't anything special.
    10 goals in 24 games in League 1 at age 27 is not that great.

he also has this strange inability to stick with a team... I seem to remember one guy, named Laurent Robert, had that problem in the last three years of his career

if 8 teams in 5 years weren't interested in keeping him, I say we stay away.

Cunningham and Robert were lazy, and got roasted by TFC fans. If he's lazy too, then why would we want him? i think we can do better.

and if san Jose has his rights, it's a moot point. they need offense more than we do. they just signed that chump Cornell Glen.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    Gerba isn't anything special.
    10 goals in 24 games in League 1 at age 27 is not that great.

he also has this strange inability to stick with a team... I seem to remember one guy, named Laurent Robert, had that problem in the last three years of his career

if 8 teams in 5 years weren't interested in keeping him, I say we stay away.

Cunningham and Robert were lazy, and got roasted by TFC fans. If he's lazy too, then why would we want him? i think we can do better.

and if san Jose has his rights, it's a moot point. they need offense more than we do. they just signed that chump Cornell Glen.
    But they were lazy on gameday......from first hand viewing of Gerba, I have seen nothing of the sort. He works his ass off to get into position and to create as well......
    "Just like JDG. It wasn't a post-and-in shot, but JDG is smart & experienced" - Carts

olegunnar

send ricketts to Cali for Gerba's rights...then sign Gerba for Ricketts money

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It sucks to say but in a full Canada squad Jim Brennan isn't there anymore same with Sutton. With Jakovic, Edgar and Hainault coming up it won't be long before Serioux isn't needed either.

This is of course good for TFC though.

Edit: Another youngster coming up is TFC's own Nana Attakora so I guess it's a two way street. haha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it means bringing Gerba onboard and shipping out either J.Smith or Ricketts out then I say fine do it....

Again, i want to clearly state though...WE STILL NEED A DP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shawn6597 View Post
    so its confirmed then SJ has his rights?
    That's a big problem for me. Yes, we can try to trade for rights but Yallop is always very interested in Canadians so the price may be higher than we can afford.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well it looks like San Jose Just signed a Striker from Trinidad and Tobago....Plus they friggin OWE us, we gave them Huckerby....Kinda.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not going to lie, I would LOVE to see Gerba play for TFC. I don't currently have a favourite player, but he'd be my favourite for sure! This guy is very talented and would be taking a domestic roster spot. It's even realistic for this guy to come here. I meen he's been all over scandinavia and ever played 3rd division Germany, I'd imagine he'd play in the MLS.

Please Mo, PLEASE!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I must know something.....I had a dream last night we signed GERBA!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T.Reis View Post
    You people know the roster rules better then i do so if we were to get Gerba who would you drop.

I'm assuming if we get a Canadian we got to drop one so........ Sutton maybe?
    Technically we don't have to drop anyone at all. We still have a roster spot open. It would be a smart decision to drop a Canadian if we don't want to waste the international roster spot we still have available.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pachuco View Post
    I did and WTF did DC won since they implemented system of signing leftovers from around the world.
    Same as we, Nothing,Nada,Zero.

Secondly MLS is taking 1 month break during the Gold Cup,so how the fuck that will have any impact on TFC,not the mention we are out of WCQ2010 too.

Selective thinking is so popular lately at this forums is beyond belief.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Stryker View Post
    One small problem. San Jose.
    Actually with a bit of convincing from his pal Dero, Gerba can come to MLS a la McBride by saying " I want to play only in Toronto "
    San Jose will be delighted to take RR off our hands. Gerba will need his # 10 anyway
    I saw these highlights http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnrnZP9FAk0 of Gerba and most of his goals were assists from Dero. They look like they have great chemistry when they play together.

PLEEESE Dero make him come to TFC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There’s a lot of players being released in England right now who might work out for TFC. Carl Cort just got released:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...ch/8056142.stm

I’m not sure what his injury status is (he’s been out a while with a foot problem). He’s about 4 years older than Gerba, but, arguably, a better player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    I did and WTF did DC won since they implemented system of signing leftovers from around the world.
    Same as we, Nothing,Nada,Zero.

Secondly MLS is taking 1 month break during the Gold Cup,so how the fuck that will have any impact on TFC,not the mention we are out of WCQ2010 too.

Selective thinking is so popular lately at this forums is beyond belief.
    You are talking about the same team that won the Supporter's shield in 2006 and 2007. Also came in third place in the Concacaf Champions Cup in 2007. Not to mention you are talking about the same team that is in first place right now. Yeah I guess they've won nothing lately. Same as TFC huh?

If DC had 9 absences in 2007 during international play I can just about guarantee they wouldn't have accomplished anything. Supporter's Shield stands for longevity and consistency throughout the season. Nothing could prove to you more that having their complete squad the entire season helped them in achieving that.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kdzb View Post
    Actually with a bit of convincing from his pal Dero, Gerba can come to MLS a la McBride by saying " I want to play only in Toronto "
    San Jose will be delighted to take RR off our hands. Gerba will need his # 10 anyway
    I saw these highlights http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnrnZP9FAk0 of Gerba and most of his goals were assists from Dero. They look like they have great chemistry when they play together.

PLEEESE Dero make him come to TFC.
    I actually have never seen that video.....how can you not like that!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sign him... wasnt he baggin tons of goals for dons?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everything Ageroo and Fort York have posted about Gerba is true, he is a very different player from training to actual game day experiance.

I would love to see Gerba suit up, give SJ Ricketts sign Gerba.

As an added bonus he comes complete with his own chants