Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
    Agreed. Putting a lacrosse team into BMO is a no-brainer bankruptcy in the making.

Lamport is ideal (although twice as big as those crowds would possibly require).

B
    People will throw money at anything apparently.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by King Tut View Post
    Fuck Lacrosse and fuck this shit. Not another bullshit effort to come in and fuck BMO Field up...

BMO Field = Strictly for Toronto FC and Canada's NT ONLY!
    fuck yeah do you want to lose there fan base.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AL-MO View Post
    People will throw money at anything apparently.
    Yes, well, if it happens, perhaps they'll surprise us. I've nothing against lacrosse so if they can make it work, more power to them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

what the fuck!

is MLSE or city of toronto shopping BMO field around or something? doesnt SSS mean anything?

for fucks sake

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's the city mlse does not own the field the city does.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kickit09 View Post
    is MLSE or city of toronto shopping BMO field around or something?
    huh?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In my opinion its not that big of a deal. Toyota Park (Chicago) and Home Depot Center (LA) both host MLL games for their respective teams. Don't see any Lacrosse lines on their fields.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ccopela View Post
    In my opinion its not that big of a deal. Toyota Park (Chicago) and Home Depot Center (LA) both host MLL games for their respective teams. Don't see any Lacrosse lines on their fields.
    Exactly.

End of thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Broadview View Post
    Lamport has Lacrosse lines. Think Lamport.
    yeah they need to use this place or the hardcore soccer fans are going to burn down bmo field.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've seen traces of lacrosse lines in pictures of Paetec Park. Perhaps chalk lines can't be cleaned off of fieldturf as easily as grass.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kickit09 View Post
    doesnt SSS mean anything?
    Yeah dude...it means Soccer Specific Stadium. As opposed to SES, which would be what you're thinking of...Soccer Exclusive Stadium. Or SOS...Soccer Only Stadium.

Soccer Specific only means it's built to the specifications (hence the "specific" bit) of a soccer field.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll +1 to that, but to correct you -- the HDC has a special lacrosse field, and does not use the main stadium.
    Still possibly the only known RPB to appear on Masterchef Canada.
    (I think?)

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by werewolf88 View Post
    Maybe I am a part-time supporter, but I really don't see this as that big of a deal if absolutely nothing about the stadium gets changed. If they put in a crease that is visible for soccer games, then I am not in favour of that, but the principle of having the team play there really isn't a big deal to me. I understand the ideal sacredness of the stadium, but we can't cry wolf anytime a small issue gets brought up. No one protested for the Genesis concert awhile back. If we protest too much, when we have legitimate issues, no one will care. The Argo's was a big deal that would have really effected the stadium...this outdoor Lacrosse, I would be surprised if it lasts 3 years. Anyone remember the Toronto Phantoms?
    Its not that big of a deal and really just more of manufactured outrage on the part of the kneejerkers. If there is no negative effect on the stadium, why should people even give a fuck? I'd really like to know where this sense of entitlement is from some people. Are they not forgetting that the city owns the stadium, not TFC/MLSE?

Here's an idea, why not we petition the club and ownership to purchase BMO Field outright from Toronto. That way the club could do whatever the heck they wanted with the place.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Outdoor Lacrosse? Finally. What we've all been waiting for. I played some in high school. It's popularity was rated around field hockey. This is a dumb move and will be as popular as the Argos moving in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post
    Its not that big of a deal and really just more of manufactured outrage on the part of the kneejerkers. If there is no negative effect on the stadium, why should people even give a fuck? I'd really like to know where this sense of entitlement is from some people. Are they not forgetting that the city owns the stadium, not TFC/MLSE?

Here's an idea, why not we petition the club and ownership to purchase BMO Field outright from Toronto. That way the club could do whatever the heck they wanted with the place.
    Or....we could raise our own funds and by the stadium...that way WE could do whatever WE want

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post

Entitlement. City owns stadium. Taxes go to city. I'm not entitled at all?

I'll sign the petition. I'll participate in an opposing sharing. I want only soccer at BMO.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_torontofc_2008 View Post
    the markings are not as bad as gridiron would be...But for the soccer purists out there its got to be rememberrd that TFC play 15 home games
    in a calender year, 2 friendlies, 2 Canada cup for 19 games...not exactly busy...
    and play off games makes it at least 20 games!!!

As for the pitch markings, for me this is a none-negotiable issue. If we ever see BMO Field with ANY pitch markings other than soccer, I'd be monumentally pissed off and would seriously consider giving up my season tickets in protest (or at least not going to the games). Same goes for changing the livery of the stadium - it stays red and it stays TFC only.

If the lacrosse thing comes in and has nomore impact than the fun leagues that play footie at bmo field, i don't care about it. if the impact is any greater than that, it's the same problem as the argos (although maybe not to the same scale).
    We are the Angry Mob, we read the papers every day
    We like who we like, we hate who we hate
    But we're also easily swayed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i dont want any other pitch markings either....but during last yr, you could see where they marked out training fields on the pitch...the lines were still visible.

do you still wanna give up your seasons tickets?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hitcho View Post

As for the pitch markings, for me this is a none-negotiable issue. If we ever see BMO Field with ANY pitch markings other than soccer, I'd be monumentally pissed off and would seriously consider giving up my season tickets in protest (or at least not going to the games). Same goes for changing the livery of the stadium - it stays red and it stays TFC only.

If the lacrosse thing comes in and has nomore impact than the fun leagues that play footie at bmo field, i don't care about it. if the impact is any greater than that, it's the same problem as the argos (although maybe not to the same scale).

I'll take your tix.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there are two root causes of all this stuff: 1. MLS not making an outright declaration that ALL franchises have to be SSS only, and 2. the split ownership issue with the city. neither looks likely to go away anytime soon, so we;re just going to have to keep on sucking this stuff up or making a big enough noise about it that the club and city listen to us.

right now, we total 16,000 SSH plus another 9,000 or so on the waiting list. if we can convince the relevant people that we;re unified in our voice, we're a big factor to try and ignore. trouble is, in reality we're a few thousand SG people at best and only a handful would turn up to protests. I imagine an awful lot of the BMO Field match day attendance is soccer moms and families and they would quite happily support lacrosse and god knows what else at BMO Field.

Still, a big banner unfurled from the south end saying "keep bmo field soccer only" on match days makes it look like 20,000 people all want the same thing, and gets tv coverage to boot. the camera never lies!!!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC regular + post season, friendlies and V cup,

And all the Canada games the CSA should be scheduling!

Just because other cities don't care about multi use fields doesn't mean we shouldn't prefer exclusivity to one sport.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by deltox View Post
    i dont want any other pitch markings either....but during last yr, you could see where they marked out training fields on the pitch...the lines were still visible.

do you still wanna give up your seasons tickets?
    take your point, but i don't remember seeing them and at least it was still soccer (principle over substance i know, but we know for 100% definite that the city soccer games are not leaving bmo field for now, and that was always part of the deal).

if the lacrosse team comes in and leaves markings for a different sport on the pitch, then what next? the argos come in too? we get blue seats in with the red?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cantstoptherock View Post
    I'll take your tix.
    Hah - i knew someone would post this. I don't think i could ever actually give them up (even when i am dead), but the thought of pointy ball lines on the pitch makes we want to throw up.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    TFC regular + post season, friendlies and V cup,

And all the Canada games the CSA should be scheduling!

Just because other cities don't care about multi use fields doesn't mean we shouldn't prefer exclusivity to one sport.
    Agreed 100%

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so if lacrosse comes in and marks the field, but the lines are barely visible (like they are now), would you still get pissy?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes to the playoffs...so tha is still 20 at most for TFC, coummunity use, how many nights is that used? an event that would being in money and would not mark the field would be an outdoor wrestling card....TNA prefered over wwe. they will be slight lines on the field for the lacrosse but bot as bad as cfl lines would have been.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by deltox View Post
    so if lacrosse comes in and marks the field, but the lines are barely visible (like they are now), would you still get pissy?
    see my above post, which covers this. if there's no impact to the potch and stadium livery, I don;t care. it's only if the pitch gets ruined and/or they start to brand in other teams that I would consider it a big issue.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mighty_torontofc_2008 View Post
    yes to the playoffs...so tha is still 20 at most for TFC, coummunity use, how many nights is that used? an event that would being in money and would not mark the field would be an outdoor wrestling card....TNA prefered over wwe. they will be slight lines on the field for the lacrosse but bot as bad as cfl lines would have been.
    21 at most. as for community use, i have tried to book bmo field on a couple of occasions for footie use and the place is absolutely chock full all the time. there were only a couple of one hour slots available in like a one month period. factor in the TFC training time as well and the thing is in near constant use by the sounds of it. whether that's an issue on the lacrosse thing i don;t know, but if your point is the place is hardly used, then you're way off from what i understand (which isn't inside info, just based on my attempted bookings).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hah - i knew someone would post this. I don't think i could ever actually give them up (even when i am dead), but the thought of pointy ball lines on the pitch makes we want to throw up.

I agree with the pointy ball lines. Have you ever seen a field lacrosse pitch? There are some marking, but it's nothing to have a coronary over.
    A little X at midfield, two lines about ten yards long perpendicular to the midfield line and two circles for the goal creases 6 yards in diameter. The creases would sit right around the penalty spot anyways.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Me...se_diagram.svg

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there are two root causes of all this stuff: 1. MLS not making an outright declaration that ALL franchises have to be SSS only, and 2. the split ownership issue with the city. neither looks likely to go away anytime soon, so we;re just going to have to keep on sucking this stuff up or making a big enough noise about it that the club and city listen to us.

right now, we total 16,000 SSH plus another 9,000 or so on the waiting list. if we can convince the relevant people that we;re unified in our voice, we're a big factor to try and ignore. trouble is, in reality we're a few thousand SG people at best and only a handful would turn up to protests. I imagine an awful lot of the BMO Field match day attendance is soccer moms and families and they would quite happily support lacrosse and god knows what else at BMO Field.

Still, a big banner unfurled from the south end saying "keep bmo field soccer only" on match days makes it look like 20,000 people all want the same thing, and gets tv coverage to boot. the camera never lies!!!

just get the RPB/ and other supporters groups to draw up a petition to keep BMO football only!! I like outdoor lacrosse, but wouldn't mind BMO just being football only....the Lacrosse could be at the dome???