http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotr...e-sitting.html

"The league isn't in a rush," Matthew said of Brian's situation. "But Brian has to tell U.S. soccer pretty soon whether he will be part of the Olympic team or not."

Even if a deal is worked out between the Fire and Toronto for McBride, he would not be able to join the Fire until the July 15 transfer window. He is not expected to leave England until mid June when his kids are out of school.

"I think from [Brian's perspective], he's been on the road a lot of years and is excited to come home," said Matthew.

I don't know if this has been talked about, but this is pretty revealing about the difficulties McBride has given the Fire. One, he has to wait for his kids to get out of school to play come July 15th and on top of that he's contemplating going to the Olympics. Both his agent and McBride know the rules around the MLS, so they're really just being tits about the whole thing. On top of that, he thinks he has a year and half is left in the tank. So lets do the math, 1 and 1/2 with 3 months dedicated Olympics and moving = 2 months going into playoffs and one full year playing with the fire. What GM would do this deal? The fire will have to give up draft picks and allocation or a young forward for 35 year old forward that doesn't plan on hanging around all that much? If anyone wants that deal TFC will accomodate. I just hope a guy like Benny Feilhaber doesn't decide to come back too and we lose in the long run in getting someone else for picks and allocation