Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    So do we play Forge in the semis? Or do we need to wait for the Ottawa FC / Pacific game to complete on May 29?

I don't understand why the bracket to the finals is not posted.
    I thought there was a defined path but the talking heads after the match last night said the draw was coming up on the 27th or something. Now I don't usually put much stock in what anyone at Onesoccer has to say because they're mostly clueless but it seems like a CSA thing to do draws at every round instead of what would make sense for travel planning.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bad week for Montreal. They started the season pretty well too.

Wonder if we can turn Choinière into a red.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I thought there was a defined path but the talking heads after the match last night said the draw was coming up on the 27th or something. Now I don't usually put much stock in what anyone at Onesoccer has to say because they're mostly clueless but it seems like a CSA thing to do draws at every round instead of what would make sense for travel planning.
    They didn't do draws for every round - this is the second. They did a restricted regional draw for Round 1 with travel planning in mind (East and West). Now for Round 3, it's just an open draw.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^So we could draw any of Vancouver, Hamilton, or Pacific/Ottawa?

If Pacific gets through, and we wind up playing them or Vancouver, and Vancouver or Pacific plays Hamilton… and btw these matchups would have a 2/3 chance of happening under these rules …

Somebody at the CSA would need to have their head examined. Seriously.

I hope common sense would prevail and the 4 clubs would just agree that it's Vancouver v Pacific and Toronto v Hamilton, whatever these silly rules say.
    Last edited by ensco; 05-23-2024 at 01:32 PM.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't imagine Pacific and Hamilton having drawn each other wanting to switch it up and play Toronto or Vancouver as they would likely have an easier path to the Finals that way...
    but yes the travel isn't ideal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it will "randomly" be TFC vs. Vancouver and the CPL teams together so that no matter the result, OnePropaganda can talk about that MLS vs. CPL final and spend 80 on air sessions babbling about that bald douche who coaches Hamilton.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hosting rights for the final are part of the draw

Regardless of preference of whom to play, its going to take a couple of rolls of 7's to get us not going to BC at lest once more...possibly twice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

IIUC, the CC Semi-Final Draw will take place during the second leg at half-time of the Pacific vs. Atlético match this Wednesday, May 29, 2024.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Game is set for 10pm tonight Ottawa at Pacific. As mentioned above I recall hearing them mention that the semi final draw will happen at halftime.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

…..and we get screwed out of the Finals again and have to travel to the west coast if we make it.

At least we are flying from Colorado to Vancouver for the finals if we make it and Vancouver would be flying from LA to Vancouver if they make it - about the same distance away for both teams.
    Last edited by tfcfans; 05-29-2024 at 10:01 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfcfans View Post
    …..and we get screwed out of the Finals again and have to travel to the west coast if we make it.

At least we are flying from Colorado to Vancouver for the finals if we make it and Vancouver would be flying from LA to Vancouver if they make it - about the same distance away for both teams.
    To be honest, I'm ok with Vancouver hosting since they're the defending champions (man it sucks saying that), but I'll def. be at the finals. Short of TFC pooping the bed, the finals should be TFC and Whitecaps.