0 Thread(s)

Got Gary Smith fired atleast.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    What would that be, $45M?

You think Manning lasted this long doing things like that? It'll snow in the Mojave Desert in July before Manning does that.

Even his replacement wouldn’t do it, no matter how “justified”. Nobody is taking that to their board. Nobody.
    100% this. We need to drop the buying out Insigne dream. Whoever proposed that would be fired and burned to the ground before they finished the sentence. The only question would be if the buck stopped with them or if MLSE went scorched earth on the entire FO of the team. It would be absolute career suicide to even propose that it's an option that you'd ever consider doing.

It's also just not a good use of the money. We have to pay him anyway, and showed at the start of this season he can be an asset in this league, the money is gone, so we may as well give him the chance to see what he can do under Herdman. So far it's been more positive than negative. Worth the money? No, but that's sunk cost. Is he a player who can make an impact in this league? Yeah, I think so.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post

Not terribly surprised.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At game speed, I thought the second goal was on our goalie. It looked like any touch from Mabika would have ended up in the back of our net. Opinions may differ, of course.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    What would that be, $45M?

You think Manning lasted this long doing things like that? It'll snow in the Mojave Desert in July before Manning does that.

Even his replacement wouldn’t do it, no matter how “justified”. Nobody is taking that to their board. Nobody.
    You’d think MLSE would immediately realize how dysfunctional this team is when they look at salaries vs performance.

If you took the 10 highest paid players on our roster maybe half are playing below their pay grade, the rest playing maybe at their pay grade. I can only think of one or two potential exceptions.

Explains a lot when you think about where we are as a team.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I want to say two things. On the whole... I liked the team rallying and fighting for each other after the NYC game I find it hard to believe that we have 4 suspensions to NYCs 1. On a positive note, the team was short in Nashville but they work hard for the badge. I will take this heads and tails above what we have seen the past 2 - 3 seasons. I think it is abysmal that Manning has not spoken up the NY events at all (afraid to piss off MLS and his next job, Curtis all over again). Does us no damage for him to be fined but shows a spine to the players.

Pelley do the right thing #firemanning

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post

Not surprised - great defences alone don't win things anymore - can't go 3 seasons with an obvious structural flaw and not address it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DeVos was very honest in his presser: "Great performance for 80 mins, but it has to be 90."

Said several players were exceptional but only pointed out Spicer in particular.

Weird hearing his voice for the first time in well over a decade. It's dropped at least a full octave with age.