Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    There's been more this afternoon. Bogert has literally quoted NYCFC and not one word on what TFC has said about it. Terrible.
    Bogert seems to want Herdmann to be suspended or fired, end of the day he was just standing up for his 19 year old.

I hope this ends quickly, rather then drags on.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

from john molinaro:

TFC brought the alleged incident to the attention of MLS back in March after requesting and receiving camera footage from New York. The available footage was sent to MLS by Toronto. However, Herdman claimed the cameras weren't working or didn't cover the part of Yankee Stadium where the alleged incident took place.
    Herdman also said that the video footage they reviewed shows Cushing inciting his players and acting inappropriately.

this is all publicly available info, yet doesnt appear anywhere in boget reporting as it makes it look more likely that cushing did it.

just a disgrace.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the more you think about this, the more i like that they brought it up.

the league response was completely unsatisfactory, and herdman was just standing up for his player afterall

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's a Hudson River Blue thread on X that is less biased than Bogert.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Regardless of what it turns out happened, Bogerts response was an absolute fucking disgrace.

Firstly, anyone with a second of critical thought could have deduced that clearly this was reported when it happened, as if it wasn't, then it must be true that Herdman just claimed it happened and took the largest hail mary in history in just claiming the cameras weren't working and prayed that was true. Otherwise, he knew NYCFC could just send the tapes to the league within the hour. So, anyone who spent even a second to think about it knew at the very least this WAS brought up, and that's how TFC knew about the cameras.

But beyond that, for your only response to focus on how terrible the reporter of the incident would be IF it turned out not to be true, and to not look at any other angle of it, is...staggering. No "journalist" should report on the reporting of any incident like that purely focusing on how terrible the reporters character might be if this turns out to be a lie.

Absolutely infuriating. I've no idea what happened, but that reporting was an absolute disgrace. It's clear at the very least Herdman has a strong reason to believe his words, which isn't saying NYCFC are guilty, but it's clear Herdman isn't making this up even if it turns out he's wrong. So to bring his character into question and focus all your intention on 'what if he's lying' is fucking pathetic

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bogert did classic "blame the victim" enabling there

He suggested the accusations could be fake based on "well of course there would be video" - which in a country where cops everyday make body camera footage disappear is facetious.
    &
    He said if the accusations were false, the accuser should be punished

This is classic assault supporter stuff

Bogert's not a journalist - we knew that - he's an information provider and judge of capability. But he doesn't even have the self awarenes to ask himself whether if he put this wording into an Athletic story, would the editors allow it. Nor does he seem to have the experience to understand that teams play him for their own purposes.

I suspect fines will be laid out, undisclosed amounts and Cushing will get less then Herdman - mostly because Herdman has broken a cardinal rule of MLS - don't upset the vibe. Herdman won't make that a thing nor will his staff allow the players to make that a thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That went about as badly as possible.
    Insigne doesn't bury the chance, they don't pick up the man in the middle.
    Flores should never be allowed to leave the pitch.[/QUOTE]

Insigne needs to be more intense. Too casual on the sitter. That cost us the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Regardless of the outcome, this is a terrible look on the league. If nothing gets proven, you have a coach/organization making a terrible accusation against another team. If this gets proven, you have a coach assaulting an opposing player. No win situation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    Insigne needs to be more intense. Too casual on the sitter. That cost us the game.
    Yeah, should've just hammered it into the lower corner. Maybe rust from sitting for two months, though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by benito View Post
    Regardless of the outcome, this is a terrible look on the league. If nothing gets proven, you have a coach/organization making a terrible accusation against another team. If this gets proven, you have a coach assaulting an opposing player. No win situation.
    Ah we're not even on the level of the glory days of Arsenal Man U, with pizzagate and celebrations nearly dry humping a player for missing a penalty. Or the Jose Mourinho La Liga era, the 'shove his thumb in someones eye, run away, and then pretend you think his name is a Spanish word for penis in a press conference afterwards' or 'literally just outright accuse Barcelona, the most successful team in world football at the time, of match fixing for every title they've won in the last ten years at a press conference, "por qué"' El Classico matches

It's all weird and uncomfortable, but honestly, if anything, if we played NYCFC in a play off game it's only making people want to watch. It never hurt those leagues long term.

Not saying this is good, or that we want it, just that this shit happens. I don't think it's a look on the league at all.

It's a *terrible* look for either JMR or the three NYCFC staffers if it ever gets proven one way or the other, but chances are extraordinarily high it won't be, sadly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Yeah, should've just hammered it into the lower corner. Maybe rust from sitting for two months, though.
    He has been training, he was cleared to play and makes millions of $$$. Too casual. Berna has turned it around is playing hard 90 minutes every game now. Insigne past glory in Italy is over. Show us what you can do now. He needs to look at Suarez and Messi for inspiration.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He has been training, he was cleared to play and makes millions of $$$. Too casual. Berna has turned it around is playing hard 90 minutes every game now. Insigne past glory in Italy is over. Show us what you can do now. He needs to look at Suarez and Messi for inspiration.
    Insigne should start for Nashville and given the suspensions he needs to play a hell of a game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please don’t mention those two Miami players, the sickening ‘Love Fest’ is making me vomit daily, in what other league do you have a Messi Tracker ffs. Yes Insigne should have buried that shot !!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    Please don’t mention those two Miami players, the sickening ‘Love Fest’ is making me vomit daily, in what other league do you have a Messi Tracker ffs. Yes Insigne should have buried that shot !!
    When Insigne is second only to Messi in salary in the entire league and makes 10 times more than Suarez, yes we should be comparing his output to theirs. So far, very disapointing. No love fest, just the facts. Insigne 39 appearances 13 goals, Messi 26 appearances 23 goals, Suarez 16 appearances 13 goals.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 minutes on back from weeks long lay off and people expect him to be able to bury that?!??!

Rust exists...he was fine the rest of the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    2 minutes on back from weeks long lay off and people expect him to be able to bury that?!??!

Rust exists...he was fine the rest of the game.
    Totally. When Richie is back too folks should really damper expectations for a bit. He will have missed a lot of time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by benito View Post
    I mean, the starting point for this is a team that plays in a god damn baseball stadium that insists its field dimensions are FIFA legal despite anyone with a protractor and some common sense being clearly able to clearly prove otherwise.

The point things became farcical was some time ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your'e "?!??!" surprised by that? He's an Italian national, the second highest paid player in the league, and it was a bog-standard finish, with the goalie Schulte having to get all the way across the face of goal to save it.

Jordan Peruzza should bury that, let alone Insigne. If he puts any weight on it at all, it's unstoppable.

That was a bad fluff, rust or not.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm also Liverpool

I saw Mo Salah do almost the exact thing the first game he got back from his recent injury.

Flubbed a sitter 2 minutes from coming on

Rust happens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm also Liverpool

I saw Mo Salah do almost the exact thing the first game he got back from his recent injury.

Flubbed a sitter 2 minutes from coming on

Rust happens
    Haaland flubbed a sitter on Saturday. Stuff happens to the best of us.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know it's been a few days sitting with this and most people have mentioned it, Coello seems to have maybe lost confidence or just seems to be continually giving away the ball in bad places since that error (i think against new England?) Seems too slow to keep up with the pace of play, he does make the odd great ball and has some good vision but maybe he's in his head after those mistakes and continues to make them.

I get he's been off for a bit but still think even if rust is a think that Insigne should have buried that chance he had.

Last point that I feel no one really mentioned much. I get it was during the run of play and going towards our net so, it's hard to just pull up and stop all together with Long being a defender. But I've seen times where a ref will blow it down if a player goes down off the ball due to an injury..sure he's taking a chance doing it but i mean he wasn't doing anything anyways. I remember a few years ago we absolutely ROASTED Auro for not going down when he was injured and they went down the field and scored (he was closer to half than Long was...but still). Anyways, just haven't seen anyone mention it and wondering thoughts on it. Am I the only one that thought he should have gone down or do you think he did the right thing by trying to continue? Also not really saying it's his fault for the goal or build up or anything either.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting- I wonder if the reason for this “postponement “ isn’t the stated reason, and that this game isn’t actually ever going to be played, period…

https://x.com/torontofcii/status/179...Mbn_JXnlneKOVQ
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Interesting- I wonder if the reason for this “postponement “ isn’t the stated reason, and that this game isn’t actually ever going to be played, period…

Came on here to say something like this

Convenient reason - I could imagine the TFCII guys deciding to get really in the face that match.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Considering that NYCFC II's US Open Cup match is on Tuesday night, that is not a stretch to suggest that, there is one more day between what would have been the postponed match and the US Open Cup one than there is between last night and Saturday for the Reds.

On the other hand would they really postpone a minor league game because of a brawl that happened between their two parents clubs That would be the same as if their was a fight between the Leafs and Capitals and the following AHL game between the Marlies and Hershey Bears was postponed, something along that line, just could not see that? But then again the commercial aspect ie ticket sales is non existent compared to the AHL, Triple A baseball etc. so it would be a lot easier to cancel.

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

Came on here to say something like this

Convenient reason - I could imagine the TFCII guys deciding to get really in the face that match.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Additional suspension now out

https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/addit...ty-fc-incident

Laryea gets 2

NYC gets 2

Bogert & his sources are SOOO bogusly coming from within people who feed him stuff for their own purposes

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As a journalist he does have to answer to his bosses/editors, wonder if they will hold him accountable. Any info fed to a writer is being done with purpose in mind, unless its something completely on background.

Additional suspension now out

https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/addit...ty-fc-incident

Laryea gets 2

NYC gets 2

Bogert & his sources are SOOO bogusly coming from within people who feed him stuff for their own purposes

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!