Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Yeh, I'm really done with a guy who is managing how people react to each other and who is getting chirped at all game also being the chief timekeeper

Purists and traditionalists will never let it change but the ref can't be the timekeeper anymore
    I could not agree with this more. "It's always been like this therefore it should never change" is a dumb reason to do anything. The clock in football is utterly, completely broken and football fans all just accept the fact that teams can exploit the shit out of it and get rewarded for it. Drives me absolutely crazy. So many of soccers ills, from the diving to just arbitrary nonsensical made up on the spot nature of injury time are down to how the clock is managed

Beyond that, today really summed up our team this season. Not there yet, lots of big missing pieces and lots of changes to come this winter if we're to become a top team. We'll drop points we shouldn't all season.

But, man, I love the spirit. This team doesn't have an ounce of quit in it. The lockerroom is 100% behind a manager who is getting far better performance from the shit show he inherited than he has any right too. It'll be a rollercoaster but it'll be the most fun anyone will have watching this team in years. Today sucked, but frankly I still preferred watching this loss than I enjoyed watching us win the past few years.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Molinaro says Cushing denied doing that (he would)

For the team to put those allegations out straight on social media - the league is going to be pissed off but Manning might just have had enough.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there's absolutely no way he made it up.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the team to put those allegations out straight on social media - the league is going to be pissed off but Manning might just have had enough.
    Even thought John and Oso said what they did in a press conference there is no way the digital/comms staff would post that clip without some direction, having worked in sports PR I can assure you that.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NK Toronto View Post
    Ref was utterly incompetent. MLS will not be taken seriously until it employs proper referees. This joker isn't capable of refereeing anything beyond youth house league.
    It was a bit more of a spectacle than it needed to be. Shouldn’t have been a hard game to officiate but he just had no concept of what to do.

By the way, what is the point of having the referee “explain” the call over the microphone if the explanation is nothing more than what is said by a hand signal?? Ridiculous

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we still need a striker and another mid,they deserved at least a tie tonight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did they comment at all on Longs injury?

That would be major if he's out for any period of time.

Right now I would assume we have no Long and no Fede for Wednesday?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ref went to VAR after the game

There will be more red(s) because of all that

Edit: Looking at some of the video after the game, Johnson could be gone - a possible headbutt near the end of this

Tanasijević Had to have said something to set both Prince and SJ off, Prince was the guy hauled to the ground by 3 guys, Keaton was right there with Tanasijević but they had no interest in him at all

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This thread should be renamed "Please don't give a little butt".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

johnson needs to be suspended at least three games...unacceptable

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Amir. View Post
    And what about the guy who headbutted him?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Amir. View Post
    There's a reverse angle on twitter in which he is clearly head butted first. I'm sure he's getting a suspension, but the other guy's should be just as long or longer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    There's a reverse angle on twitter in which he is clearly head butted first. I'm sure he's getting a suspension, but the other guy's should be just as long or longer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You know, even though we lost, I came away with a certain degree of satisfaction from the game. Sort of reminded me of the early Vanny years where we had some good parts but not a solid starting 11.

Once we find a better replacement for Rosted, Coello and a few others, this team will be a handful for the opposition.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    You know, even though we lost, I came away with a certain degree of satisfaction from the game. Sort of reminded me of the early Vanny years where we had some good parts but not a solid starting 11.

Once we find a better replacement for Rosted, Coello and a few others, this team will be a handful for the opposition.
    I'm not unhappy we lost as much as I'm generally disenchanted with the league today.

Based on his freakout on the sideline towards Rutty during the game, I can believe Oso isn't lying and Cushing punched him. "The Cameras were out" is just too convenient for something allegedly in the tunnel.

Then the ref fucks us on the clock, and on several calls during the game. He was truly awful.

I just don't even feel like watching the other game highlights right now. Just a shit weekend football wise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm not unhappy we lost as much as I'm generally disenchanted with the league today.

Based on his freakout on the sideline towards Rutty during the game, I can believe Oso isn't lying and Cushing punched him. "The Cameras were out" is just too convenient for something allegedly in the tunnel.

Then the ref fucks us on the clock, and on several calls during the game. He was truly awful.

I just don't even feel like watching the other game highlights right now. Just a shit weekend football wise.
    Yeah, I’m trying to hold my nose a bit at this. Easier since I’m not watching a lot of football these days outside of TFC. But when I get a glimpse it really is “why do I put up with this crap?”

After cleaning up the rules to align to FIFA and working on creating a more authentic product they are backsliding again in trying to make things feel more American. Like the ref on the P.A. system, they can roundly screw off with that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Like the ref on the P.A. system, they can roundly screw off with that.
    In theory it could be helpful but the way it's done explains nothing. It's literally the same absence of insight, but with the ref being under more public pressure by having to announce it out loud.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I’m trying to hold my nose a bit at this. Easier since I’m not watching a lot of football these days outside of TFC. But when I get a glimpse it really is “why do I put up with this crap?”

After cleaning up the rules to align to FIFA and working on creating a more authentic product they are backsliding again in trying to make things feel more American. Like the ref on the P.A. system, they can roundly screw off with that.
    Since the inception of VAR fans have demanded more transparency and to know what is being discussed. It's a bit awkward in situations exactly like this, where a hand point would signal all that needed to be said and most people in the stadium know we handled it, but I can see how in other situations it could help alot. It's well worth a shot imo, and would help in situations where it is mind numbingly obvious what's happening and why

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tom Bogert with about as bad a take on the Cushing allegations as would be possible for a journalist to take

I'm not going to repeat it but Martyn Bailey came in and crushed him for it.

The inability of MLS journos to consider that somebody might not be a good guy is just weird.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tom Bogert with about as bad a take on the Cushing allegations as would be possible for a journalist to take

The inability of MLS journos to consider that somebody might not be a good guy is just weird.
    He starts from the assumption Herdman is lying. I liked your response to him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default MLS is American

I have pondered writing here for awhile.
    After the game Saturday the penny finally dropped for the umpteenth time MLS is American.
    The power brokers in New York run this league for the benefit of American billionaires to enhance their egos and wealth.
    We as supporters who know how a game should be run are constantly amazed at how the referees do not.
    This last referee let so much go throughout the game that the only end product was a mini riot that is going to cost the club $100’000 in fine plus at least 3 suspensions.
    What will NYC get maybe 1 suspension and a slap on the wrist.
    I used to make comments on a regular basis in the early days when you could post on the MLS website most of them negative about the standard of referees that was until they could not take the heat and shut down all comment sections.
    The standard has not got any better in the last 10 years with VAR making it worse.
    As for the concacaf style of play f a player goes down make sure they need a stretcher!
    I could go on but that is my rant for this season!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by levyashin View Post
    I have pondered writing here for awhile.
    After the game Saturday the penny finally dropped for the umpteenth time MLS is American.
    The power brokers in New York run this league for the benefit of American billionaires to enhance their egos and wealth.
    We as supporters who know how a game should be run are constantly amazed at how the referees do not.
    This last referee let so much go throughout the game that the only end product was a mini riot that is going to cost the club $100’000 in fine plus at least 3 suspensions.
    What will NYC get maybe 1 suspension and a slap on the wrist.
    I used to make comments on a regular basis in the early days when you could post on the MLS website most of them negative about the standard of referees that was until they could not take the heat and shut down all comment sections.
    The standard has not got any better in the last 10 years with VAR making it worse.
    As for the concacaf style of play f a player goes down make sure they need a stretcher!
    I could go on but that is my rant for this season!!
    It’s certainly an American league and its reason for being - at least in theory these days - is to develop US soccer. It’s also the main media outlet about itself. This has a veneer of impartiality and argument but only to the point of not hindering its own bottom line (or its billionaire tax write offs).

We’re mostly had Americans running us and occasionally one of them (I’m thinking especially of Micheal Bradley) gets the city and his politics more or less align with liberal, left-ish ways of thinking. But is Manning a different guy than when he was in Utah? Probably not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not gonna take a side on the whole Herdman/Cushing punch throwing thing because the truth will likely never be known. I see people on Twitter just twisting themselves into knots trying to prove TFC or NYCFC are in the right and it honestly comes off a bit weird to me. You weren't there, you don't know the personalities of anyone involved.

Now, the Sean Johnson/Strahinja Tanasijevic situation I will 100% take Sean's side on. Any regular person is gonna lose their shit after having a headbutt thrown at you. I do wonder if there was something said aswell based on Prince's reaction along with Sean's.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

J-Mo has had it in for Herdman from day one. Not sure why. He's always looking to play the angle against Herdman. At least that's the impression I get.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've always had suspicions that journalists get paid extra to spin stories how the payor wants it spun. But I usually thought this when it comes to politics.

Now I feel like it is also prevalent in sports.

Bogert's comments today reek bought & paid for.

Disgusting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Not gonna take a side on the whole Herdman/Cushing punch throwing thing because the truth will likely never be known. I see people on Twitter just twisting themselves into knots trying to prove TFC or NYCFC are in the right and it honestly comes off a bit weird to me. You weren't there, you don't know the personalities of anyone involved.

Now, the Sean Johnson/Strahinja Tanasijevic situation I will 100% take Sean's side on. Any regular person is gonna lose their shit after having a headbutt thrown at you. I do wonder if there was something said aswell based on Prince's reaction along with Sean's.
    That's the thing that irks me. Herdman & Oso are both hinting to the media that NYCFC "crossed the line". Then like you said Owusu & SJ were already pissed before the head butt. You can probably put 2 and 2 together here regarding what's going on & perhaps that there could be a culture issue with NYCFC.

But like you said, we won't know. But I also get the feeling the media won't chase the story down that Herdman & Oso are hinting then to do.

Our TFC reporters are terrible.

I am not a fan of TSN but I am hoping one of their journalists gets to the bottom of this & actually does a little digging & actual journalism.

I feel like TFC Republic, Neil nor The Athletic will touch this.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's wild to see tom bogert acting as cushing's PR team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    it's wild to see tom bogert acting as cushing's PR team.
    Fucking disgraceful. He's utterly dependent on in-house sources to whom he kowtows, rather than doing what a reporter is supposed to do, which is develop trust based on accuracy, and then convince people to be honest.

It's much, much harder, which is why most reporters don't last long in the business. Because simply being a mouthpiece for what other people want leaked isn't reporting, it's being a gossip columnist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fucking disgraceful. He's utterly dependent on in-house sources to whom he kowtows, rather than doing what a reporter is supposed to do, which is develop trust based on accuracy, and then convince people to be honest.

It's much, much harder, which is why most reporters don't last long in the business. Because simply being a mouthpiece for what other people want leaked isn't reporting, it's being a gossip columnist.
    I so agree.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's been more this afternoon. Bogert has literally quoted NYCFC and not one word on what TFC has said about it. Terrible.